Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Jan 14-19 (MLK weekend)

Pictures added to post #10

Cast:
Me - 36
DH - 40
Dsis - 35
DD - 12
DNephew - 10
DNephew - 7
DD - 7
DD - 4

I wanted to stay at a MK resort since we stayed at Boardwalk on our last trip (2005). Dh loved how convenient it was to get to EPCOT and DHS from Boardwalk and it was a tough sell. But I convinced him to give the Poly a try. It was perfect! We got the Tahiti longhouse which was very close to the TTC (closer than the walk to the Great Ceremonial House) which gave us easy access to both MK and EPCOT. I would definitely stay here again.

We tried to get to park opening every day to ride standby with few lines and collected FPs for later in the day. There were crowds but we didn't experience long lines.

We planned to leave on January 13 as soon as our 12 yr old got out of school. I worked until noon and then picked the kids up and we were on our way! On the way to the airport I got a phone call from a customer. It seems someone forgot I was going on vacation (how? since I've been talking about it for months I'll never know) so I handle that issue by phone from the airport.

Our plane landed late at MCO We got to our room about 9:30. By 12:25 I'm ready to sleep so I called Bell Services and asked them to hold our luggage til morning. 2 minutes later I get a phone call that our luggage is here (I had told him that if it were to arrive in 5 minutes I'd want it) Finally...sleep!

We loved the Photopass. I can't wait to get my pictures. We have some great ones in all the parks. I love the late night ones with the Castle in the background. And the Animal Kingdom ones are perfectly set up with the Tree of Life and Everest.

...to be continued

2003 - All Star Music
2005 - Boardwalk
2007 - Disneyland
2009 - Polynesian
2011 - Windsor Hills
2013 - RPR (US/IoA)

Last edited by mom2febgirls; 01-27-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Day 1 - January 14 - YAY MK day! I had so much planned. But we all know about the best laid plans...right? We almost made Rope Drop and DD4 and I headed to Buzz while everyone else went to Space. We rode Buzz twice then walked to Space to meet everyone else. Dh and I then rode Space while Dsis took the kids to the Speedway. We split up again because some strange people don't appreciate Fantasyland Dh, dd4, dd7 and I head to Peter Pan...IT'S DOWN so we get in line to see Ariel...PHONE CALL FROM WORK. So I handle another crisis by phone (good thing the Ariel line was 30 minutes ) After Ariel we rode the Teacups and grabbed FPs for Pooh. Then we met everyone else at Cosmic Ray's (they had ridden multiple Space, Stitch and COP). The kids begged to go swimming and I knew they wouldn't enjoy anything else if we stayed so we used our Pooh FPs and headed back to the resort.

The big kids wanted to keep swimming, but the 4 yo was ready to hit MK again so we headed back in time for the afternoon Dreams Parade. Dd4 thought it was cool. Here's a bad picture, but you can see how excited she is to see the Princess floats coming.

After the parade we went to Philharmagic (4 yo LOVED it). We had dinner reservations at 5 for 'Ohana so we headed back to the resort.

'Ohana was yummy! I actually could skip the meat skewers and have a meal of wontons, salad, chicken wings and bread pudding .

We relaxed in the room (kids played happily with cousins) until bedtime.

...to be continued

2003 - All Star Music
2005 - Boardwalk
2007 - Disneyland
2009 - Polynesian
2011 - Windsor Hills
2013 - RPR (US/IoA)

Last edited by mom2febgirls; 01-23-2009 at 01:21 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Day 2 - January 15 – We didn't quite make park opening at EPCOT. Dh has been looking forward to Mission Space since we started planning so while dd4 and I headed to Soarin' (or Snorin' as my evil Dh calls it ) for FP and a standby ride everyone else went to MS. After our respective rides we met at Test Track. I grabbed more FPs and we rode that 3x (why is Test Track the only ride you can use your Photopass card on?)

Then we headed to the Land for lunch at Sunshine Seasons and to use our FP for Soarin’. I grabbed more FPs before lunch and then Me, DD12 and DN10 grabbed lunch while everyone else rode Soarin'. After lunch Dsis took the younger kids on Living with the Land while the rest of us rode Soarin' again. Then we headed to The Seas for a ride with Nemo and to meet Crush. DD7 was chosen to ask a question (she loved being referred to as the girl with the extra set of ears )

After The Seas I headed to the Character Connection in Innoventions with dd4 while the thrill riders among us went to Test Track and Mission Space again. We had dinner reservations at Le Cellier in Canada at 4 and we caught the Off Kilter show right before dinner. Dinner at LC was yummy.

After dinner DSis and I took dd4, dd7 and dn7 shopping at Mousegear and back to the resort while Dh, dd12 and dn10 headed to Japan in hopes of catching the Storyteller and Candymaker. They walked up just as the storyteller needed a Princess and my dd was THRILLED to be pulled out of the audience for that part. She got an honorary world showcase player button. Unfortunately, I'm at work so I don't have the pictures handy, but I'll try to add some in later.

Then they went to watch Miyuki and dd was chosen to have a candy made. The joy! She had a panda made but unfortunately it got left in the room when we came home...but we have pictures.

DD12's vacation has been made at this point.

...to be continued

Last edited by mom2febgirls; 01-23-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Day 3 - January 16 - we didn't make park opening again...but we were lucky to get TSM FP with a return of 9:45.

Dh and I took Dd4/7 to VoTLM then we headed to ToT where we grabbed FPs and a child swap ticket. Then DH, DD12, DN10 and I rode RnRC in the single rider line while Dsis took the starving younger kids to Pizza Planet. After lunch we rode Star Tours and then headed to the LMA Stunt Show. Then we used our TSM FPs and headed back to the resort.

The time difference was catching up to DNephews so we headed back without seeing Beauty and the Beast (at least we've seen it before) or using our ToT FPs.

We ended up taking a cab from the TTC to make dinner at Spoodles on time.

Dh took DD12 and DD7 to EPCOT for some more shopping and rides while the rest of us headed back to the resort.

...to be continued
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Day 4 - January 17. We made park opening at Animal Kingdom. Wow the crowds looked bad. As the fastest walker in our group I headed for EE (the 12/10 yo promised to keep us so I let them walk with me ) When we got there I grabbed FPs while they rode. When everyone else caught up we got a child swap ticket and more FPs and rode again before there were any lines. Dh, dd4 and I left the rest of them to ride again and headed to Dinoland where dd4 rode Triceratop Spin twice and Dinosaur. I grabbed some more Dinosaur FPs and met the rest of the group at Primeval Whirl. The kids played some games and got their faces painted.

We headed to Pizzafari for lunch and I made my way through what seemed like hordes of people to get FP for the Safari. After lunch we saw the FoLK show (LOVED it!) and then used our Safari FPs. Dsis took the younger kids to Dinosaur again while the older kids and Dh and I headed to EE to use our FPs.

Then Dh, DSis, DN7 and DD4 went back to the room while DN10, DD12, DD7 and I headed to Kali River Rapids (goodbye face paint) where we rode 3 times.

Dinner was at Kona.

...to be continued

Last edited by mom2febgirls; 01-27-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Day 5 - January 18 - DSis's kids don't like DHS so we split up today. DD12 is exhausted and begs to stay in resort and sleep. She promises to call when she wakes up so DH, DD4, DD7 and I head to DHS.

We got there before park opening and I prepared for the TSM stampede while DH positioned himself to go to Star Tours. I'm obviously slow because my FP return wasn't until 10am. Then I met DH and kids at Star Tours. While we waited for our TSM return we rode the Great Movie Ride. Then TSM and then visited the Animation Studios. DD12 calls to say she's awake but wants to hang out at the pool with DSis (who's kids were more interested in swimming than rides) DD4 is beginning to show signs of too much Disney and doesn't want to see or ride anything. So I stroll around with her while Dh takes DD7 to Playhouse Disney and takes lots of pictures with the characters.

I take the kids back to the resort to swim and DH stays to ride more rides.

We head to EPCOT for dinner at Biergarten and I realize I left dd4 and my keys in the room. It's probably for the best because she's obviously tired. I get her to sleep then relax in anticipation of EMH at MK.

When DH gets back I head to 'Ohana for a solitary dinner. A friend of mine just happened to be at the Poly that week so she joined me for a drink.

At 11pm I head to MK with dd12 and dn10. We are thrilled to see that Splash is open! Unfortunately we got stopped in the incline position for 20 minutes at the beginning of the ride (ouch my back). We did get FPs good for any attraction to be used anytime during our trip for our trouble. We rode Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder before it started raining and I dragged the kids back to the room around 1:30.

...to be continued
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Day 6 - January 19 - our last day in the parks. Dsis is leaving at 12. We leave early on the 20th.

We made it to park opening at MK. I expected heavy crowds due to it being MLK day but it didn't seem crowded at all.

DD4 and I headed straight to Dumbo where we were on the 2nd cycle. Then we walked on Peter Pan, Pooh, Teacups, Snow White, Carrousel, and Small World before heading to Splash to join the rest of the family who had ridden and gotten 2 sets of FPs.

We rode Splash twice with no waits. Then DD12 decided she was hungry. So we headed to Cosmic Ray's again (love the toppings bar). I grabbed Peter Pan FPs on the way to lunch.

After lunch the DNephews wanted one more ride on Space so they used the 3 special FPs we had gotten during EMH the previous night while DH took DD7 to Pirates.

We met up in the middle of the park to say goodbye.

DD4 and I rode Buzz and saw Storytime with Belle while Dh and the older girls saw Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Stitch. We walked back to Fantasyland where DD12 and DD7 finally got to ride Peter Pan. Then DH and DD7 rode Haunted Mansion and we got in 2 more rides on Splash. We gave away 3 FPs since we didn't need as many as we had.

We headed back to the resort to change for dinner at Akershus

I had originally planned Akershus for breakfast, but DH likes trying different things so we did dinner. I thought it was yummy. We saw Ariel (dd4 in heaven), Cinderella (dd7 in heaven), Jasmine (dd12's name so thrilling for her) and Aurora.

Belle is in the lobby and when we were having our picture taken I told my youngest to scoot next to Jasmine and the Photographer said 'That's Belle'

Last edited by mom2febgirls; 01-23-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Overall we had a great vacation. It was a little too much at the end for our 4yo, though. She actually told me she wants to stay home with Daddy next time unlike our 7yo who is already planning what ride to do first next time

We'll probably go somewhere else next year, but I'm thinking 2011 I'll be there. Unfortunately oldest DD will be in High School then so we'll be forced to go in June (ack! the heat will kill me)

And my favorite picture from the trip because I Mickey

Old 01-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
angela3676
Working it out . . .

I loved reading your trip report and would love to see some pictures (more pictures).
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
mom2febgirls
Castle Decorator

Here are a few more pictures...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: