Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

Lisa and Stan's PJ BRAND NEW UPDATE!

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a planning journal, but I think its a good idea to get and give advice to anyone planning their wedding!

Some background info on Stan and me. We met 8 years ago. Long story short, he was getting out of a crappy relationship. No I was not the other woman!
We have been engaged for 7 1/2 years. We have two gorgeous boys, Adam and Ben. Stan also has a daughter from a previous, Cristal. The funny thing is we weren't going to get married. We both are divorce children. So we share this bizzare marriage fear. When the Olympics started this year,(for those of you who don't know it was 8/8/08) we heard about all the couples getting married because it is a Chinese Lucky number. So he just said How about we get married on 9/9/09? I thought he was joking but he was serious!
Then we discussed having a Disney Wedding. The reason we chose Disney is actually due to an inside joke that I will share: Two years ago we took our oldest son to Disney and we had joked about eloping right then and there. I said I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it without at least my mom there. Then he said he wants his family there too. But we laughed it off because at that point even after 5 years of being engaged, we still weren't ready!

I will post more soon. I have pictures of stuff to share but need to upload them and it is very late!

Last edited by tinkerlisa; 03-29-2009 at 09:44 AM.
tinkerlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

Might I add that 9 is my favorite number? He never even knew that it is! He just picked the date because it sounded cool and easy to remember for aniversaries! On another note, one of his sisters said that 999 is the real devil's number not 666 and we should not get married on that day and that its bad luck.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, I can't wait to hear about your plans.

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
B2B-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:23 AM   #4
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

plans...

welcome and congrats on picking a date. looking forward to hearing more of your plans....
Old 11-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerlisa View Post
Might I add that 9 is my favorite number? He never even knew that it is! He just picked the date because it sounded cool and easy to remember for aniversaries! On another note, one of his sisters said that 999 is the real devil's number not 666 and we should not get married on that day and that its bad luck.
And the aliens were going to land on August 14th, so that was a bad day.. Someone will always find a reason for it to be a different day! I think 9/9/09 is a great day to get married - your DF has absolutely no excuse if he forgets it!

So keep going on the PJ - I can't wait to hear more!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

Great start!! How cool for the 9-9-9!!! Are you guys booked at this point?

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

We do have our dates. When I called, they went in for the lottery I think and the next day, they called and said I got them! So we are booked for Sea Breeze Point at 2:30. Since its a forties style gazebo I am thinking of going old hollywood glam for my theme! My future niece is doing my hair and right now is going to school for hairdressing got all excited when I said thats the style! She said " Oh good now I can practice finger waves on you!"
On another note we have had a lot going on. Stan's mom is in the hospital. She has MRSA pnemonia and won't make it until the end of the week. She is basically being made comfortable until she passes.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

Two dresses I have in mind...

I like the second one better I think. Now to flatten my tummy a little!

Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #9
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

dress

the second dress looks very classic- I love the ruffles on the bottom...
Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

Thats what i liked to! The ruffles gave it a classy touch, whereas the other one is too mermaid shaped for me. I have rather large hips(thanks mom!) so I don't know if the style will look right on me. But it doesn't hurt to try it on!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

I do like the second dress better - I think it would look great with what you think your theme will be.

And I'm sorry about to hear about your DF's mum It's doubly horrible that she won't be around to see the wedding. You're all in my thoughts
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

Ok so I haven't posted in a few days. So Stan's mom passed away on Monday. We buried her yesterday on her 71st birthday. We hoped she would make it, but she didn't. She suffered a lot and I am happy she is no longer in any pain.
We took care of her for the last 5 years and its been hard getting used to her not being around. She spent most of it in a nursing home and life felt like a rat race all the time. She will be missed...
Old 11-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

thinking of you....

sorry for your loss...
Old 11-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #14
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

What a week...

So a week after Stan's mom passed, my grandmother died. I was there to witness it although I didn't think she would die while I was there! It was very peaceful. She has very graciously decided to go to "Med School"(donated her body to Brown University)LOL. So there is no funeral.
Not to mention that I am sure a family fight is about to start amongst Stan's side and it looks to me like neither sister will come to our wedding. As one of his sisters always says: C'est la vie. So since I am on a major budget crunch and his niece was going to do my hair, I am going to try and do my own hair with the help of my mom and aunt. Neither know anything about it but I am sure they can help me curl it at least! 9 months to go and I already feel like a bridezilla I just hope everything goes well.
Anyway this is a hairstyle I like:

and the back:

Looks easy enough I hope!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!

It's been forever since I updated this thing! We had a lot go on with the holidays and we have all just gotten over being sick with a nasty stomach bug.
Since Stan has taken off so much work due to his mother's illness and eventual passing, we had to tap into our savings fund. I have to cut back on things I had planned.
But on the (sort of) bright side(not really cuz it will bite us again someday), Stan's daughter WILL NOT be attending our wedding. She moved out of her mom's last February(she's only 16) and just before Christmas decided she wants nothing to do with us. So we save by taking her off the list and hotel ressie. Its a long story and I know I sound like a bad guy but there is a long story behind this drama.

So I have changed my mind a hundred times. I changed my colors from pink and silver to red and silver and finally to blue and silver but i may change it again! I finally chose my dress(but not bought yet) and bought my shoes!!! They are fantastic. Here is a pic of them:

They are the most fantastic shoe I have ever seen, next to my black converse high tops of course!

Here is another hairstyle I like:

I have even picked my dress! I was going to go with a white sundress since i can't wear my dress into the parks and was planning on watching "WISHES" later and it made more sense than buying an actual dress that I will only wear a few hours. But I changed my mind...of course...
I'd show a pic but, why spoil the surprise of the dress? lol no actually I am going through David's Bridal and they won't let you save the pic. But it is gorgeous!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: