Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #16
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
Welcome back addictedtothemouse!!! I know what you mean about getting distracted around the holidays...that's why I never finished my Christmas '07 trip report!! Glad to hear you guys liked the Tusker House. It's a new one for us so I'm excited and leary about trying it. (DH and DS are NOT adventurous!..Me on the other hand...I will try anything once...

I think our plans for the first night have changed from before. If we leave our house by midnight that will put us at our first Hotel in DTD around lunch time. If I drive through the night I'm going to be EXHAUSED by the time we get there. So, I found out (via disboards of course) about this Chicago pizza place (Giordano's) that will deliver our favorite Chicago style pizza to the hotel!!! **YIPPEE** That way we could rest a while in the room, eat and maybe me catch a nap...THEN go over the DTD for a little shopping and desert. YUM!
Plans may change again though.....
I vote for dessert at Ghiradelli's.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
I vote for dessert at Ghiradelli's.
Ahhhh...yes! I think you have a VERY good idea there!!!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
princess-rn

Tomorrow is ADR day!!!

Tomorrow is ADR day!!!

So...tomorrow is our official date we can schedule our ADRS..and we have of course made a change in our list. I'm sure we will make other changes before our trip is here. (One of the issues with schedule what you will eat over 3 months ahead of time...but oh how I love planning!!!)

After some discussion with DH we decided to drop our Wolf Gang Puck Cafe dinner at DTD and opt for the Cinderellas Happily ever after dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. There are a couple of reasons for this. 1. Neither one of us was really fired up about the Wolf Gang Puck thing. I think just because we have had really bad dinner experiences at DTD..not at Wolf Gangs but DTD in general (specifically Captain Jacks)..we just aren't really feeling dinner at DTD. 2. We decided not to stay at Grand Floridan this time..but we still want to visit and at least have a meal there. 3. We've never eaten at 1900 Park Fare. 4. Cinderella is my FAVORITE princess. (yes..I am a grown woman..what's it to ya??? ) We ate in the castle in 2007 and the food was horrible..so decided against that this time.

So..with all that said....give it to me...the good the bad and the ugly about 1900 Park Fare and this dinner to be specific. Let me know what I am getting myself into.

That's it for now. Hope there is still someone out there!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 03-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #19
princess-rn

ADR's MADE....CHECK!!!

ADRS MADE....CHECK!!!

Well...I was quick to the phone Monday morning. Called WDWDINE at 6am on the dot CST. Held for 40 mins...(MUCH longer that usual. Thank goodness I had read on here that the new system had some kinks and were causing longer waits...I probably would have given up otherwise) ...Got all the ADRs I wanted with the times I wanted (we like to eat an early dinner). I did have to change our Chef Mickey's day. it's our tradition to do it on our first night there...but the earliest we could get that night was 8:20pm...there is NO way this family can wait until 8pm to eat. So I switched it around to a different day. Since we are going to be in HS our first day anyway..I just changed it with SCi Fi...

So..here's our official list. I'm going to probably add an OOP meal on Sunday....Suggestions appreciated. (It will be OOP b/c Brown Derby is 2 of our TS credits...and worth it!! )

Sunday 5/31- Sci Fi
Monday 6/1/09- Ohanas
Tuesday 6/2/09- 1900 Park Fare
Wednesday 6/3/09- Le Celliers
Thursday 6/4/09- Tony’s
Friday 6/5/09- Brown Derby
Saturday 6/6/09- Chef Mickey’s

I'm in SUCH the planning mood. I watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 last night and it was the WDW episode...LOVED IT!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #20
princess-rn

**under 60 days!!!!**

**UNDER 60 DAYS!!!!**

:wooh oo:

We are 59 days from our trip!! Under the 60 day mark!!! AND my son still has NO CLUE that we are going!!! Can you tell I'm excited????

I paid off the trip yesterday. Now all I need to do is call and request building 4 at POFQ (or maybe you do that when you check in online 10 days out...oh well..I'll do both) and finalize our packing lists and add a breakfast to our stay. The only character breakfast we've ever done is the Pooh Breakfast at the CP. We enjoyed it..but DS has sadly out grown Pooh. Anyone have any suggestions for a character breakfast (or just a breakfast in general) DH and DS are not big breakfast people...but we always try to do something special for breakfast at least one day.

I must admit I am a little bummed. I read last week that Space Mountain would be closed while we are there....BOO! I LOVE Space Mountain!

Ok...I'll update more later. I wish I had more time to spend here!!! Love my Dis time!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #21
princess-rn

BTW..Can someone PLEASE tell me WHY I totally forgot about the Fantasmic Package for the Brown Derby??? I totally booked the Brown Derby and FORGOT to book the Fantasmic Package with it. NOW there are no Fantasmic Packages to be had the week we are there....Oh well...I guess I'll try when we get a little closer to time. I know we will see Fantasmic without the package.....but I just like that little bit of security...ya know?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
princess-rn

The unveiling of the Suprise plan.....

Ok..so my husband and I have been brain storming on the best most fun way to tell my son that we are going to WDW. We want to wait until we are on our way. Since we are going to be leaving in the middle of the night (around 1 or 2 in the morning actually) we figure he will sleep at least the first 1/2. (He's one of these kids that don't even wake up when you put him in the car when he's sleeping) We will stop for breakfast around 6ish. We know that's when the questions will start. So, Last weekend we were at the Disney store and I found a little plastic Mickey figure for $2.50. I decided this would be a GREAT way to unveil the first part of his suprise and DH thought it was a great idea. So, we are going to put the Mickey figure in a little box and wrap it up. (we are going to WDW to celebrate his b'day) When we stop for breakfast and he starts asking where we are going we are going to give him his clue/present. I am going to have my camera ready b/c he is going to be SO excited!!! He has NO clue that we are going. No clue at all. he's even said "I really wish we could go to Disney World this year." It's SO hard for me to keep the secret.....but I'm doing pretty well. Only 51 more days!!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
princess-rn

37 days!!!!!!!

37 days until we are loaded up and headed to Mickey's House! My son still has NO idea and I'm SOoo proud of my husband and I for being able to keep this secret. I don't know who's going to be more excited..us telling him or HIM finding out!!!

I still need more time to get my planning together. DH and DS are good with their wardrobe and shoes. I still have to get new shorts and maybe a new pair of sneakers. I usually just wear flip flops the whole time...but we will see. (Plus it's an excuse to get a new pair of shoes....:rolleyes)

I'm still trying to get a fantasmic package for our Brown Derby dinner. I still can not believe that I totally forgot to specify that's what I wanted when I booked. If any one has any suggestions please share.

Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #24
princess-rn

The Cat's out of the bag....

The Cat's out of the bag....

Alright....so DH and I couldn't take it anymore (plus we both know the anticipation of a Disney trip is part of the fun) We gave DS his Mickey figure and had him guess what his b'day gift was going to be. He guessed correctly DISNEY WORLD! He was SOOOOoooo excited. I would post a pic if I could figure out how...

Now that I don't have to be so secretive about everything I do I'm REALLY getting in the Disney spirit. With the help of some fellow disers I've got some great online sites to go to to get my music from the parks fix. I'm slowing getting everything together on the planning side.

I'm still trying to get a brown derby fantasmic package ADR...don't think it's going to happen. We will still see FAntasmic....but I do like the dining package....

Anyway..that's it for tonight. HAve a great weekend and a very happy Mother's day to all the Mama's out there!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #25
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Hey! I'm still here. Between the computer at home going on the fritz (we went through two in a week) and work being crazy lately I've been mostly reading and not posting.
For a breakfast what about Ohana's with Lilo and Stitch? Or Breakfast with Donald at Tusker House?
I don't know how you lasted so long with out telling him. I couldn't last a day.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #26
princess-rn

Glad you are still with me addictedtothemouse. I was thinking I've been talking to myself...but I kept doing it! LOL I hope your computer is fixed now. I know how that goes. I thought about the Donald breakfast.....we shall see. I'd better make my mind up fast!!! Yeah, I don't know how we lasted so long either!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #27
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you are still with me addictedtothemouse. I was thinking I've been talking to myself...but I kept doing it! LOL I hope your computer is fixed now. I know how that goes. I thought about the Donald breakfast.....we shall see. I'd better make my mind up fast!!! Yeah, I don't know how we lasted so long either!!!!
Nope not talking to yourself. Just had a mute audience.It seems to be fixed if we can keep the viruses from myspace out of itwe had one that wiped every icon off of our desk top even the start menu was gone. And we're pretty sure it came from myspace, a co-worker had gotten the same one and it was after he also went to myspace. So we decided that it was time to upgrade anyways, bought a new computer to have it just quit working after a week! ok on to computer #3.....so far so good.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #28
princess-rn

12 days...a busy 12 days!!!!!! **YIPPEE***

A BUSY 12 days!!!!

Does ANYONE see my counter....I'm ALMOST doing the single digit dance!!!! We spent this weekend tidying up around the house and buying the supplies we need for our trip. I think we have everything we need now. (I think) However, we have a very busy 12 days ahead of us. It seems like we try to pile everything in before we leave for a vacation...Here's what we have going on before we leave....PLUS keep in mind my DH and I BOTH work full time....

May 18-22
-DS end of the season baseball tournament
- DS kindergarden graduation
- DS end of the year class party
-Lot's of family coming in for DS graduation and staying the weekend with us in our house.

May 25-29
-Memorial day on Monday...big cookout! (Thankfully I don't have to cook...DH does)
-Get DS started in Summer camp.
-pack, pack, pack..
-clean house (can't leave house dirty when I go on vacation..it's a rule)

So, busy but I'm so ready!!!!!! I'm going to post our itinary soon!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #29
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi princess-rn!!

I was laughing when you wrote that you and your DH "couldn't take it anymore" and let the cat out of the bag!! I wouldn't be able to keep it in, either!!

We loved POFQ... stayed there twice... the pool is so much fun for kids!!

Looking forward to more...

Kathy
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #30
mickeyfan1226
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok..so my husband and I have been brain storming on the best most fun way to tell my son that we are going to WDW. We want to wait until we are on our way. Since we are going to be leaving in the middle of the night (around 1 or 2 in the morning actually) we figure he will sleep at least the first 1/2. (He's one of these kids that don't even wake up when you put him in the car when he's sleeping) We will stop for breakfast around 6ish. We know that's when the questions will start. So, Last weekend we were at the Disney store and I found a little plastic Mickey figure for $2.50. I decided this would be a GREAT way to unveil the first part of his suprise and DH thought it was a great idea. So, we are going to put the Mickey figure in a little box and wrap it up. (we are going to WDW to celebrate his b'day) When we stop for breakfast and he starts asking where we are going we are going to give him his clue/present. I am going to have my camera ready b/c he is going to be SO excited!!! He has NO clue that we are going. No clue at all. he's even said "I really wish we could go to Disney World this year." It's SO hard for me to keep the secret.....but I'm doing pretty well. Only 51 more days!!!!!

As I was reading this I got to thinking about a fun way to tell a child that he was going to disney would be to out of the blue start humming or singing disney songs. I don't know why that came to me but it sounded like fun. I like the idea of the list mickey wrapped up. I am getting ready to try one of these pre-trip reports. By the way I am an RN also.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: