Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #91
ktmetke
The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

Awesome pics! Looking forward to reading more!!!

ktmetke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:35 AM   #92
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Your teasers are great! Congratulations- Looks like you had a gorgeous wedding! Can't wait for the full TR... don't keep us hanging too long
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #93
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Cinderella View Post
Darn, it looks like it is discontinued now! So beautiful in the ivory though, I love it! I was actually at the Boardwalk on your wedding day! It was later in the day though, there was a bride getting married at SBP at 7:30. Looks like you had a gorgeous day!
Oh that's too bad. Maybe if you call some places they might have it. It's really nothing special though. A-line strapless dress with a sweetheart top...you will easily be able to find something similar.

7:30 wedding? There are the Disney inconsistencies again. If I knew nighttime was an option I would have done it. I thought 5pm was the latest you could do SBP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Congratulations!!! You looked beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics because the teasers are amazing!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
I love your photos already - I can't wait to read your trip report!! You look beautiful on your wedding . Iam going to be an Escape bride and will probably have Morocco - we actually really want it there as its our favourite country but reviews like yours really stops all "step-child of dessert party locations" concerns!

P.s. Thanks for the tip about you officiant I have already book marked him - he sounds perfect for us!
Thanks I really loved Morocco. I would recommend though that you enter through the backstage. Again, this is something there are inconsistencies with. I've read that other people have been told walking through International Gateway was not an option. Well, it was for us. In fact that is what we were going to do. Then about a month before I decided I should probably arrange transport there in case it's raining. Towncars there were I believe $25 each and they seat 4. It's worth it to enter through the backstage...I think it makes it more "magical".

Yea again the officiant is such a personal thing. Some people are religious and want a minister or whatever. I know a lot of the ministers do non-religious ceremony's, but we wanted someone totally "neutral"...so again, if that's what you want, Ron is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouser View Post
Thank you for your reviews; you looked so beautiful! Your make-up was perfect, it really brought out your natural beauty. You have fantastic eyes.

We are considering Studio222 and Ron so I am glad to see you enjoyed working with them!
Thanks! I'm glad you are considering Studio 222. They are an affordable option for people who want a modern style. Their 4 hour package was $1200 for us. We also added an a la cart hour that was $380, I believe, bringing the grand total to 5 hours. If you are an escape bride, 4 hours is plenty. I just wanted them to photograph the spread at Bluezoo which is why we had to add the extra hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I LOVE your reviews!!!!!

How is the Bluezoo? Like price-wise and taste? I have been thinking about it as well, but I do not eat fish, and it looks like a lot of seafood!

Your pics look stunning!! I cannot wait to read more
Thanks I loved Bluezoo. It's specialty is seafood, but they have other stuff as well. For our main entrees the choices were tuna, salmon, beef, and chicken. One of my sisters had the beef and she said it was amazing. My mom got the chicken...I'll have to ask her how it was, but she didn't complain!

Like I've said before the private room has a $1200 minimum. Our grand total was about $1900 I was stupid though. I see that before I said we had 4 courses. Well I forgot about one. We actually had 5!!! I'll talk about them in the the TR later. But suffice it to say that it was way too much food. It was $102/person. If I could do it over, I would have asked for just 2 courses. The cheapest option on their private dining menu is $55/person, so you can easily make it cheaper.

Now we had 12 people, so the food was around $1200...but that doesn't take into account tax, the automatic gratuity, and of course the killer...drinks. I think each mixed drink was like $11-12 each and most people got 2 each. I'm fine with that, but it made the dessert party bar a waste of money. Again, I'll go into more details later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
OMG the teasers are amazing! I can't wait to see all of your pictures!
Thanks! Neither can I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfama View Post
LOVE your pics! I am definitely looking forward to seeing/reading more! Did you pay for the Disney photographers at the DP or did they substitute that since you used outside photography? And Blue Zoo is one of the restaurants that we're seriously considering, it seems like it was a good experience!
Thanks! I paid for the DP photographer. They did not substitute. The substitute I got was a honeymoon shoot inside Epcot. I believe I've read though that they no longer do any substitutions. This is the one thing I HATE about DFTW. Our Disney Photographer was a very nice, cool guy. The pictures might be fantastic...the thing is that I have no idea. Yes I am aware you can now look at portfolios and request people, but there is still no guarantee you'll get them. I would definitely never do an in-park wedding and give up the ability to choose my own outside photographer.

The DP photography was $350, and then we paid another $395 for the high-res disc. The disc will include our DP and honeymoon shoot photos. Overpriced, but what can I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmetke View Post
Awesome pics! Looking forward to reading more!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
Your teasers are great! Congratulations- Looks like you had a gorgeous wedding! Can't wait for the full TR... don't keep us hanging too long
Thanks! Trust me I don't want to leave you hanging. Once I get the photos you will see the fastest TR in the history of the boards. Since it's summer vacation I have nothing but free time and will probably be able to pound the whole thing out in a day or two

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #94
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

OMG your pictures are just stunning!! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous...and your dress is just exquisite!!! Congratulations!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #95
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

I just had to stop in and say how absolutely gorgeous your photos are. Some of the best I have seen on the Dis! Congratulations on your wedding!!!

Jazzylolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #96
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Your wedding looks really fun and fabulous. The back of your dress is beautiful. I can't wait for the full TR. I'm glad it was great. And congratulations!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #97
jack_loves_sally
Mouseketeer

Everything looked so beautiful, and wow you are a stunner, can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #98
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
OMG your pictures are just stunning!! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous...and your dress is just exquisite!!! Congratulations!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
I just had to stop in and say how absolutely gorgeous your photos are. Some of the best I have seen on the Dis! Congratulations on your wedding!!!
Thanks! Coming from someone who knows photography, that means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Your wedding looks really fun and fabulous. The back of your dress is beautiful. I can't wait for the full TR. I'm glad it was great. And congratulations!
Thanks I hope there are some good pics of the back of the dress because it was pretty detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_loves_sally View Post
Everything looked so beautiful, and wow you are a stunner, can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
Thanks I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures either! The photopass pictures are scheduled to arrive June 24, so at least I'll have something to tide me over.

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #99
disneygal922
DIS Veteran

Katie, you looked so beautiful! I'm glad everything went well and can't wait for your TR! Thanks for the vendor reviews and sneak peeks!

me (30) DH(30) DD(infant) minnie(3.5) fiona (3ish)
disneygal922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #100
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal922 View Post
Katie, you looked so beautiful! I'm glad everything went well and can't wait for your TR! Thanks for the vendor reviews and sneak peeks!
Awww thanks a lot

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #101
HeatherNJNC
Twitterpated!

Your teaser pictures are incredible! You looked absoutely stunning! That one pic of SBP makes me soooo excited to get married there! Can't wait to see more!

I WAS A DISNEY BRIDE!
September 19, 2009
Sea Breeze Point/Ariel's
PJ & TR
HeatherNJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #102
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherNJNC View Post
Your teaser pictures are incredible! You looked absoutely stunning! That one pic of SBP makes me soooo excited to get married there! Can't wait to see more!
Thanks a bunch SBP is such a fantastic location, I am so happy that I picked it. I'm sure you've already read it, but just in case, this is my favorite wedding trip report ever and is the one that basically cemented my decision to have the ceremony at SBP

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 06-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #103
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

I really thought I posted on here but I just tried finding my post and I can't find it so I guess I didn't. I read through your PJ and your teaser pictures are amazing. Your dress is gorgeous. Donald and Daisy are adorable. I can't wait to read more. And if I did post already and say the same thing, sorry... I've lost my mind I think. Oh, and I'm a teacher also, so I know the pain of having to plan vacations for summers etc.
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #104
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Your photography is wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest of them. The close up of your face is truly gorgeous! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!!
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #105
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
I really thought I posted on here but I just tried finding my post and I can't find it so I guess I didn't. I read through your PJ and your teaser pictures are amazing. Your dress is gorgeous. Donald and Daisy are adorable. I can't wait to read more. And if I did post already and say the same thing, sorry... I've lost my mind I think. Oh, and I'm a teacher also, so I know the pain of having to plan vacations for summers etc.
Thanks so much Also, Hey fellow teacher! I hope you are enjoying your summer vacation! It's a great job but the vacation caveat does suck. I get really jealous when I read trip reports about walking on the rides in the middle of the day in February, free dining, Garden festival, Food/Wine festival, etc...and here I am planning my commando, rope drop warrior trips during the summer and Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerrifficheidi View Post
Your photography is wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest of them. The close up of your face is truly gorgeous! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!!
Thank you so much! It means a lot that people compliment the photography. I hope that it all turns out as nice as the teasers.

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: