Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #31
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
I'm confused....if your coordinator arranges/books the dinner or lunch and/or dessert party then they are on your BEO and is due before the wedding with the rest of it. So, those meals would be pre-paid...
I don't know for sure, but how can the meal be on the BEO if there isn't a set price? For example, if an escape bride had their WC book a casual dinner at Narcoosees, who knows what people are going to order, so how can you possibly pre-pay (assuming people order off the menu).

I don't know for sure though; maybe other escape brides who've actually gone through it will know better. I'll never find out for sure though since I'm not going through Disney for my dinner anyway now.
PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #32
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I guess your'e right, but I know some restaurants do have a set menu you order from, I think Narcoossee's or Citrico's does and I know Jiko does because that's what we're doing, so you actually are paying per person..

But yeah for you, it wouldn't come in to play though...I was just confused there for a second!
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #33
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #34
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Photography

Well I have made yet another change. I have decided to go with Studio 222 for photography. http://www.thestudioishere.com/

As I surfed around and read other people's TR's, I really started to like the style of The Root's. I got in touch with them and unfortunately they were totally out of my price range and unable to go down on the price. Their brochure has a package for $4000 for 4 hours.

Luckily though, they were nice enough to recommend Studio 222. I am getting 4 hours coverage with a DVD of the images and 2 photographers for $1200. Much better on the wallet!

Once I was referred I kind of became obsessed with their website. I really like the style and I think I made a good decision. I am excited; they seem like really nice people, and I am interested to see how things turn out...I just worry that our photos will never look like their portfolio ones, because we aren't...how does one say this...as photogenic and as blessed in the looks department as their other clients

Bluezoo has a signed contract from me and the deposit. Once the date gets closer we will finalize menus and stuff, but that is one less thing to stress about.

I've also contacted Patricia LeJeune and am waiting to hear back from her about hair and makeup. I want my sister's hair done too, but I don't know if Patricia has a team of people. If she doesn't, I think that might be too much for one person to do in a couple hours and I'll have to go with someone else.

Christmas break starts at the end of this week, so I am hoping I can get some stuff done over it! I may try to tackle the invitations. I am also trying to lose weight, but with the holidays and stress of school; well...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #35
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Patricia does have at least one assistant, because she came along for my trial run and it's her assistant who is doing my mom, my MOH and Eoghan's mom...

Both are INCREDIBLY SWEET!!!

Patricia will be doing my hair and makeup at 4:30am for my MK and EPCOT photo shoot...and I don't think she was available later to do my other peeps...
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #36
adisneygal
DIS Veteran

Yea, Patricia does have a team. Her head stylist is Kristy and is awesome. She did my trial run. She did exactly what I told her to do. I am going for a different look because I decided that wasn't the look I wanted, but I have complete confidence in them both. The airbrush make up is awesome. I got it put on at 9:30 and it lasted through our e-pics at 3:30 and then we went to the park. I was so exhausted that I went crashed without washing my face and it was still on the next day.
AKL/OKW 12/08
BWI 4/09
SSR 5/10
AKL/BCV 12/10
adisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #37
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Phone Appointment with Rosie

Well, I had my phone appointment with Rosie. Let me just say INFORMATION OVERLOAD

I have so many decisions to make apparently! I am waiting for her to send me pictures of the things we talked about.

I decided to have a hand tied French bouquet. I will probably have a variety of bright pink roses with accents of purple/bluish hydrangeas or delphiniums. She wanted to know what color I wanted the bouquet tied with...I was like "I could not care less." LOL. I didn't even know that would be something people obsess about.

I guess you can also reduce the bridesmaid bouquet from 18 to 12 roses to change the price from $125 to $75. I think I might do that because who really cares. It'll make my bouquet look bigger too

She is also going to send me some information about SBP decor. I told her I don't really know what my options are, since I am just going off what I see online. I told her though that I definitely want the chairs covered. She told me this is the website to look at for color choices http://linenshowroom.com/index.cfm?action=catalog Thought it would be helpful to post that, because I don't believe I've ever seen the link on these boards, and it's pretty helpful and thorough

Here is some annoying information about the chairs. I am only going to have the ceremony chairs covered because apparently there is a whole separate setup for cake-cutting chairs. I said "can't we just use the ceremony chairs for the cake-cutting?" The answer is apparently no. 1. There is no one to move the chairs because my coordinator is the only person who will be there from Disney 2. They don't want guests moving them. LOL. I am pretty sure we are all capable of moving a plastic yard chair. Whatever. So I am only going to pay to have the ceremony chairs covered.

Then we talked about favors and decor for the dinner. I really would rather not pay to decorate Bluezoo because there aren't going to be professional pictures, and who really cares honestly? But apparently, Disney can indeed help decorate restaurants in the Dolphin/Swan (in case anyone is thinking about D/S for the dinner).

I originally thought about getting mickey hats as favors and place cards, but I think I might scratch it, because I know my family and no one will wear the hats, so it will be a waste of money. I am probably going to the chocolate place cards instead. Again, waiting for pics from Rosie.

I forgot to ask her about the unity candle I've read conflicting reports about whether or not you can have one at SBP. I want something to kill time during the ceremony. I've read through Ron's ceremony, and as a teacher I have a pretty good idea of how long things will turn out to be when I see them on paper. The ceremony is honestly going to be like 10 minutes So I wanted the candle to add a little bulk to the ceremony. I know the sand ceremony is an option, but I dunno. I'd have to find some really nice containers. I would prefer the candle.

So to end, I thought I would post my song selections*

Groom's entrance: Someday my prince will come, Snow White
Bridal Party entrance: Colors of the Wind, Pocahontas
Bride's entrance: Bridal Chorus "Here comes the bride"
Unity candle: Beauty and the Beast, Beauty and the Beast
Recessional: Once Upon a Dream, Sleeping Beauty
Cake Celebration: Disney medley

*subject to change
Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #38
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Invitations

Hello Disers. Hope everyone had a happy holiday! Can't believe it's going to be 2009 in a couple days!

The latest update I have are the invitations. They took a long time to do, even though it probably won't look like it.

Let's say you win a golden ticket from moi! Here is what people will see in their mailboxes. The pink stamps look much better in real life. I used special embossing power and cured them with heat, so they are raised. Doesn't photograph though.

Upon opening...

Oooo, look what's inside! I almost hate putting these online because they look a lot better in real life. All the white pages are delicately glittery and look really sparkly in real life.

Here is a better look at the right side. I want to show the accent panel behind the invite. It is such a pretty glittery blue in real life.

A closeup of the crystal mickey at the bottom. The swirls are embossed as well, but again, hard to see in the photo.

The swirl mickey is just a cut out from a punch. Everyone here seems to like Michaels, but I had much better success at Archiver's finding supplies

And finally the RSVP card and envelope

That's all for now folks. Have a great New Year's.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #39
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

invites....

your invites are beautiful. I love the swirly mickey and the sparkle! Very nice! great Job! congrats
Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #40
angelgurl
Mouseketeer

I love your invitation.

They are very beautiful
angelgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #41
honey2741
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
Phone Appointment with Rosie

Well, I had my phone appointment with Rosie. Let me just say INFORMATION OVERLOAD

I have so many decisions to make apparently! I am waiting for her to send me pictures of the things we talked about.

I decided to have a hand tied French bouquet. I will probably have a variety of bright pink roses with accents of purple/bluish hydrangeas or delphiniums. She wanted to know what color I wanted the bouquet tied with...I was like "I could not care less." LOL. I didn't even know that would be something people obsess about.

She is also going to send me some information about SBP decor. I told her I don't really know what my options are, since I am just going off what I see online. I told her though that I definitely want the chairs covered. She told me this is the website to look at for color choices http://linenshowroom.com/index.cfm?action=catalog Thought it would be helpful to post that, because I don't believe I've ever seen the link on these boards, and it's pretty helpful and thorough
Thanks for sharing the link! Did I say thank you for the link I'm enjoying your report.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #42
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Wow, your invites are just beautiful - love the way you made them.

Just a word about the Unity Candle vs the Sand Ceremony. We had an outdoor ceremony (Epcot - Italy) and we wanted the Unity Candle. I love the Sand Ceremony but to me it almost looks like sandart that you make at a country fair. Being an outside ceremony - our candles would not say lit - we could not light our individual candles and light the center candle.

Trying to light our candles.

Looking back - I am still glad we did this but I think we should have done the Sand Ceremony. I love the first Sand Ceremony kit on this website - it is shapped like a heart and I wish we would have done this one (because we were outside ). http://kensingtonclassics.com/search...=sand+ceremony

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #43
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Wow your invites are incredible. So pretty. I love pink and blue together.
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #44
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
your invites are beautiful. I love the swirly mickey and the sparkle! Very nice! great Job! congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgurl View Post
I love your invitation.

They are very beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey2741 View Post
Thanks for sharing the link! Did I say thank you for the link I'm enjoying your report.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Looking back - I am still glad we did this but I think we should have done the Sand Ceremony. I love the first Sand Ceremony kit on this website - it is shapped like a heart and I wish we would have done this one (because we were outside ). http://kensingtonclassics.com/search...=sand+ceremony

Linda
I too love that kit. I am just unsure about the whole idea of a sand ceremony for the reasons you mentioned. Although, it would be a good way to capture the colors of the wedding more than the candles would. I think your picture looks fine, and that's why I sway toward the candles. We can just pretend they are being lit, no one will be able to see the flame lit or unlit in the pictures.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #45
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
Wow your invites are incredible. So pretty. I love pink and blue together.
Thanks! I just hope the bridesmaids dresses end up looking kind of like that color. All I had to go off of was a swatch and who knows when they'll actually come in

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: