Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #151
Bridie1996
Mouseketeer

Are those purple anemones? I love anemones and were thinking about asking for a few of them in my bouquet since they also bloom in winter!
Bridie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #152
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
"Give me the Katie!" Seriously - beautiful!!

And let me say I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is going to kick people out when I get into that dress!!
Aww thanks Meg And I agree with you 100% on kicking people out

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
i have to say i can just see you trying to open all the flowers the morning of everyone else is trying to get make up done and hair done and get dressed and there you are opening roses......
....thats so something i would do lol
hahaha, OCD weirdos unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie1996 View Post
Are those purple anemones? I love anemones and were thinking about asking for a few of them in my bouquet since they also bloom in winter!
They are delphiniums
PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #153
disneygal922
DIS Veteran

Hey Katie! You look so beautiful in all your pics! I can't wait to read more about your very special day! Can I ask how many hair and make-ups did Patricia do for you and how long did it take?

me (30) DH(30) DD(infant) minnie(3.5) fiona (3ish)
disneygal922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #154
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal922 View Post
Hey Katie! You look so beautiful in all your pics! I can't wait to read more about your very special day! Can I ask how many hair and make-ups did Patricia do for you and how long did it take?
Thanks She did 3 hair and 3 makeup. She arrived at 10:30 and finished around 1:15-1:30ish.

Oh and here is another picture that shows my eye makeup better for people interested in that.

Last edited by PrincessShea; 07-16-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #155
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Seeing the pictures of yout hair i think i might need to use you as inspiration.... I totally know what bad prom hair can do to a girl... i look back at my prom pictures and cringe

So i'll have to make sure i dont let that happen! I really really love your hair though... its so pretty and elegant!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #156
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
Seeing the pictures of yout hair i think i might need to use you as inspiration.... I totally know what bad prom hair can do to a girl... i look back at my prom pictures and cringe

So i'll have to make sure i dont let that happen! I really really love your hair though... its so pretty and elegant!
Thanks I know what you mean about prom. I look back at mine too and it's like "wow. Did I actually think I looked good!?"
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #157
adisneygal
DIS Veteran

I swear I posted earlier but can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
Hahahaha. Amen. I don't think I've ever seen closed rose bouquets...or valentine's arrangements...or funeral splays...or anything really outside of Disney
I'm confused by this too. I am also confused by the great floral that we had compared to the not so great floral by Disney.

Quote:
I agree with the fee. Some people say Disney does it [doesn't allow outside photogs] to "protect their image" but I don't buy it...it's about money. The image thing makes no sense. Anyone could easily go into the parks and grab a quick snapshot of them doing obscene things in Disney that do a lot more damage to Disney's reputation than an outside photographer would. I mean really; would an outside photographer do anything to damage their reputation? Again, this smilie fits
Protecting their image is a crock! Like you said, their image can get damaged by tourist with cameras so why not ban all cameras. It is just a way for Disney to corner brides into using DPS. No Disney vow renewal for dh & I until this changes!

Quote:
EDIT: By the way adisneygal...what up fellow Chicagoan! And also, where da TR at?! Your pictures look so great, you need to do one.
Started my TR...
AKL/OKW 12/08
BWI 4/09
SSR 5/10
AKL/BCV 12/10
adisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #158
SleepingBeautyOH
Earning My Ears

If you wanted open flowers, then open flowers should you get! (even if it means doing it yourself) Your make-up looked amazing! I am a fan of the natural look. Congratulations on a beautiful day!
SleepingBeautyOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #159
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Your hair and make up is gorgeous! The pictures look great.

I did talk to Becka, she is a total sweetheart.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #160
KSchwagg86
DIS Veteran

LOVE the hair and make-up...did the hair stay all day?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #161
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBeautyOH View Post
If you wanted open flowers, then open flowers should you get! (even if it means doing it yourself) Your make-up looked amazing! I am a fan of the natural look. Congratulations on a beautiful day!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Your hair and make up is gorgeous! The pictures look great.

I did talk to Becka, she is a total sweetheart.
Thanks Glad to hear. I hope everything with your photography turns out the way you want it to, regardless of who ends up doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSchwagg86 View Post
LOVE the hair and make-up...did the hair stay all day?
Thanks

And no, it absolutely did not The curls were flat and dead and frizzing by the end. This was not a magical January wedding when it's a crisp 70 degrees. It was the afternoon in June and hot & humid as h-e-double hockey sticks
Old 07-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #162
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I am LOVING your Trip Report. I started reading today, when I finished MegKate's and didn't get any work done. LOL

Can't wait for more!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #163
ktmetke
The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

I am really enjoying your trip report.......I love your 20/20 hindsight comments!

ktmetke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #164
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

So it only took me an entire night..but I read your report from start to finish...I though the invites were the most beautiful things ever...DOnald and Daisy...way too cute...hair beautiful...and the no direction rose petals were amazing!

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #165
Ann117
DIS Veteran

Your wedding was beautiful!! I love your dress. I am looking for a place to do my hair when I am down there. Do you mind sharing how much it cost? Also I am glad i read your review on the officiant that is just what I am looking for.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: