Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #136
Vallie
DIS Veteran

just joining in! u and ur hubby are tooo cute!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #137
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Getting ready...

Getting ready....

Well, the clock strikes 5:30 am. Actually it blinks to 5:30 am; I digress. Carolyn Allen's is scheduled to arrive at 8, so I have a lot of time to kill. I try and fall back asleep, but it's useless. My psychosis gets the best of me, and I decide to go check the weather. I grab Michael's laptop and head down to the Beach Club lobby. I check weather.com. accuweather.com, wesh.com, weather.gov, and weatherunderground.com. The Weather Channel was actually the most pessimistic with a 40% chance during the afternoon. Accuweather was the most positive with a 10% chance.

I go back upstairs and basically just stare at the wall. Eventually Michael wakes up. We talk a little bit and go through weather scenarios with him. He stares into space and pretends to indulge my paranoia. Two ladies from Carolyn Allen's arrive and promptly begin ironing the dresses. They are fast, efficient, and out of the way. I really recommend them.

They finish around 9am. Patricia Le Jeune is scheduled to arrive at around 10:30. Mike and I talk a little more. I run through all the things he has to do: 1. don't forget the rings, 2. give Ron the check 3. Give Amy the cake topper and champagne flutes. "I know, I know," he says. Mike leaves at 10 to go have breakfast with Carl, who is staying at POFQ. After breakfast they are going to the Swan to get ready with Michael's parents and sister.

Shortly after Mike leaves my sisters and mom arrive. At 10:25 Patricia arrives with her assistant (whose name I don't remember! Anyone recognize her?) They promptly get to work. Patricia starts my sisters makeup and the assistant preps my hair. After my hair is prepped, my sisters get their hair started.

Durp de durp

At noon, Disney floral arrives with the bouquets. Although in hindsight, I really love the way my bouquet looks, my initial reaction was UGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

My #1 request was that the roses be opened. I hate the way bouquets look when the roses are all tight and closed. So like a total OCD weirdo I start opening them one by one. The other thing I wasn't crazy about was the greenery in my sisters bouquets. I wanted pink and hot pink roses with white or ivory delphiniums at the bottom. However, I did request that fewer roses be in the bouquet so the price was $75 instead of $125. Well, maybe Disney floral thought they were doing me a favor by adding the greens to fill it out. I also didn't like the green in the white flowers at the bottom. BUT, in hindsight...oh my god who cares. I was a little too psycho about it.

Bridesmaid bouquet

My bouquet

Hidden Mickey

The hidden Mickey is another thing I want to comment on. Yea it was only $3...but if I were advising someone, I wouldn't do it. For one thing, it took forever for me to find it. LOL. And by the time I did, it was so buried in there, my only thought was "really, what was the point." Again, do what makes you happy, but hindsight being 20/20; I would have used the $3 to buy...uh...half an ice cream Mickey?

Shortly after Disney floral arrived, Becka from Studio 222 arrived.

The dress

Pic I took that I prefer

At this point Patricia had finished my sisters hair and makeup and was ready to move on to me. She asked how I wanted it and I said I wanted to look like I had makeup on, but I didn't want to look ridiculous. In other words, I am a plain Jane everyday of my life so no need to replicate that look ...but at the same time I don't want to look like a clown. For my hair I went back and forth a lot prior to the wedding. Part of me wanted to have it up because I love Patricia's updo's so much. But another part of me also imagined my hair down whenever I pictured our wedding. I decided to go with down. I had been growing it out for so long, so might as well make it worth it.

I love this picture of Patricia. She was so sweet. I really, really, really recommend her. I know a lot of people complain about the poor communication they have with her, and honestly, I had it too. I even booked someone else. But a couple months before the wedding my gut just told me to go with her. Glad I did.

My sisters were still fidgeting even though it looked perfect

Patricia and her assistant leave and at this point it's time to get into the dress. So Becka just stands there and is like "ok, get in"...um? So I am dying of embarrassment telling my mom and sisters DON'T LOOK! So I get it, with my pants on, while Becka is snapping pictures. None of these pictures made the cut and I'm sure there is a good reason. I didn't strip down in front of other people for gym class, and I sure wasn't going to start now!

Put on the earrings

And voila. Behold the power of MAC cosmetics!

Next time on Katie's TR...a very special trip to the Walt Disney Swan. But first stay tuned for a message from our sponsors, "Accessories, Rings & Things"...

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

Last edited by PrincessShea; 04-27-2010 at 08:23 PM.
PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #138
TimeforMe
Remember who you are
It was great taking a nap everyday, wasn't it?
I for one enjoy getting dressed up on occasion

OMG--your post made me LOL. We've all been there and gotten a little too psycho over things, huh? Nice you can laugh at yourself though Your gown is gorgeous, flowers beautiful, your hair is awesome--everything looks great!
TimeforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #139
twenty3curls
Mouseketeer

I love how your hair turned out! I want to do a very similar style, using my natural curls. And, I'm leaning toward Patricia, so it's nice to see a good example!
twenty3curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #140
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
My #1 request was that the roses be opened. I hate the way bouquets look when the roses are all tight and closed. So like a total OCD weirdo I start opening them one by one.
OMG - me too!!! In fact, when we were planning an Escape wedding I was all over these boards trying to find pictures of the Escape rose bouquet with open roses, and I even posted here asking about it. I just think closed roses look cheap - like they came from the supermarket or the gas station or something.

Quote:
BUT, in hindsight...oh my god who cares. I was a little too psycho about it.
HIGH-larious! I am so excited that you got your pictures and can do your report now!
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #141
adisneygal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It would be glorious though if they finally listened to all of us and changed the rule. We should have a disbrides meet in the France pavilion and stage a little revolution. We could all carry posters of our bad pictures and chant 'liberty, equality, outside photography!" as they drag us out of the park.
This made me as did the pic of your DH erupting...

I don't get why they just don't start charging a fee/surcharge for brides using outside photography in the park. This way they are still making money for photography and brides can actually choose a style they want. No vow renewal for us until this is changed.

Quote:
My #1 request was that the roses be opened. I hate the way bouquets look when the roses are all tight and closed. So like a total OCD weirdo I start opening them one by one.

The hidden Mickey is another thing I want to comment on. Yea it was only $3...but if I were advising someone, I wouldn't do it. For one thing, it took forever for me to find it. LOL. And by the time I did, it was so buried in there, my only thought was "really, what was the point."

I love this picture of Patricia. She was so sweet. I really, really, really recommend her. I know a lot of people complain about the poor communication they have with her, and honestly, I had it too.
I requested opened roses multiple times. I HATE closed roses! The hidden Mickey on my DH's bout was a joke as well. I guess they were emphasizing the hidden part cause it was behind/under the flowers....ugh

And, I really, really, really recommend Patricia LeJeune too.
AKL/OKW 12/08
BWI 4/09
SSR 5/10
AKL/BCV 12/10
adisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #142
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeforMe View Post
OMG--your post made me LOL. We've all been there and gotten a little too psycho over things, huh? Nice you can laugh at yourself though Your gown is gorgeous, flowers beautiful, your hair is awesome--everything looks great!
Thank you! I think these boards make people psycho though. All the information you get here is a great thing; but at the same time you learn to obsess about 2348735387654 things you probably never would have cared about

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty3curls View Post
I love how your hair turned out! I want to do a very similar style, using my natural curls. And, I'm leaning toward Patricia, so it's nice to see a good example!
Thanks! She is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
OMG - me too!!! In fact, when we were planning an Escape wedding I was all over these boards trying to find pictures of the Escape rose bouquet with open roses, and I even posted here asking about it. I just think closed roses look cheap - like they came from the supermarket or the gas station or something.
Hahahaha. Amen. I don't think I've ever seen closed rose bouquets...or valentine's arrangements...or funeral splays...or anything really outside of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneygal View Post
This made me as did the pic of your DH erupting...

I don't get why they just don't start charging a fee/surcharge for brides using outside photography in the park. This way they are still making money for photography and brides can actually choose a style they want. No vow renewal for us until this is changed.

I requested opened roses multiple times. I HATE closed roses! The hidden Mickey on my DH's bout was a joke as well. I guess they were emphasizing the hidden part cause it was behind/under the flowers....ugh

And, I really, really, really recommend Patricia LeJeune too.
I agree with the fee. Some people say Disney does it [doesn't allow outside photogs] to "protect their image" but I don't buy it...it's about money. The image thing makes no sense. Anyone could easily go into the parks and grab a quick snapshot of them doing obscene things in Disney that do a lot more damage to Disney's reputation than an outside photographer would. I mean really; would an outside photographer do anything to damage their reputation? Again, this smilie fits

And I will talk about it more when I get to the DP in this TR...but I have learned to love my DP pictures. In making my blurb album, I think it worked out pretty good. I recant!

Oh...just wait until you see Michael's hidden Mickey in his boutonniere. Seriously people, don't waste your money. I think the hidden Mickey in Carrie's DH's boutonniere was a one in a million That's the only reason I did it, and ugh...just wait.

EDIT: By the way adisneygal...what up fellow Chicagoan! And also, where da TR at?! Your pictures look so great, you need to do one.

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 07-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #143
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Your pictuers are beautiful and yout TR is giving me alot of tips on what to request, say, ask, anything as far as my wedding planning is concerned! SO thanks so much!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:37 AM   #144
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

OMG soooo many of your comments make me laugh sooooo hard- I can't even mention them all bc there's so many- you crack me up. I am glad your pics are back so we can hear about the rest of your trip- your Studio 22 pics are gorgeous... sorry about the DPS ones but atleast it makes for funny captions for your TR! Can't wait to hear more
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #145
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Ohhh you look beautiful!! The pictures are wonderful too! Can't wait to read more!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #146
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

yay! More updates!!

I have already booked Beaute Speciale but I think I am going to try and go with Patricia now. I was worried cause a lot of people seem to have a really natural look, which I cannot have because I wear makeup everyday, so I will look less than special I guess....but she put the perfect amount on you. I seriously think I may print out your hair and makeup pics, and ask for her to re-create it....you just absolutely gorgeous! I would be happy if she could me me look half as good
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #147
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
Your pictuers are beautiful and yout TR is giving me alot of tips on what to request, say, ask, anything as far as my wedding planning is concerned! SO thanks so much!
Thanks. The only reason I am doing this is in the hopes it helps someone else since these boards helped me so much with my planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
OMG soooo many of your comments make me laugh sooooo hard- I can't even mention them all bc there's so many- you crack me up. I am glad your pics are back so we can hear about the rest of your trip- your Studio 22 pics are gorgeous... sorry about the DPS ones but atleast it makes for funny captions for your TR! Can't wait to hear more
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Ohhh you look beautiful!! The pictures are wonderful too! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I have already booked Beaute Speciale but I think I am going to try and go with Patricia now. I was worried cause a lot of people seem to have a really natural look, which I cannot have because I wear makeup everyday, so I will look less than special I guess....but she put the perfect amount on you. I seriously think I may print out your hair and makeup pics, and ask for her to re-create it....you just absolutely gorgeous! I would be happy if she could me me look half as good
Thanks! I'm gonna post some more getting ready pics right now for ya!

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #148
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Some details I forgot

So when I was getting ready and telling Patricia what I wanted with my hair, I just kept emphasizing that I didn't want a tight little bun on the top of my head...I didn't want two single curls on either side of my face spiraling down...I didn't want the curls too tight...I didn't want to look like I was at prom.

I don't want to look like I'm at prom. I don't want to look like I'm at prom. I don't want to look like I'm at prom. I don't want to look like I'm at prom. This was my mantra. She laughed and told me I must have been traumatized. Sadly, yes.

I think it turned out very unprom like! And to end here is another picture of my bouquet where you can see more detail. I wish I had a "before" picture where the roses were all tight. You can kind of see how the edges of some petals are ripped because I was opening them. By later in the day due to the unbearable heat though they did start to open more.

June 12, 2009
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 07-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #149
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

i have to say i can just see you trying to open all the flowers the morning of everyone else is trying to get make up done and hair done and get dressed and there you are opening roses......
....thats so something i would do lol
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #150
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I completely agree with both of you! Roses should be open!!! I'm going to add that to the list of things to talk to the florist about!

That installment of the TR was awesome!!You looked gorgeous! Now I can reference my makeup by what she did for you - "Give me the Katie!" Seriously - beautiful!!

And let me say I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is going to kick people out when I get into that dress!! I don't care if I have to have a bunch of people standing in the hallway, but I'll get it on and then they can all come back in!!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: