Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #121
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great update! Loved the Suess landing pics. I showed my kids and they want to go now .
Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #122
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

sorry part of your family got sick. Hope you guys have a better trip next time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #123
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhermsmeyer View Post
YAY for the good day! Sorry the beach was such a bummer. We're going to skip the beach since we leave in a few weeks. I don't think my DS 15 months would appreciate it. Keep the reports coming!
If DS15mo hasn't been to the beach yet, you might be surprised how much he could enjoy it. If the weather's okay.

As for Chelley ... You poor thing! What a messed-up trip. I thought, surely it couldn't be that bad, but then I read (and read, and read) and wasted entirely too much time reading your entire thread today. Sorry to hear about your trip! If it's any comfort, you're a great storyteller, and you can still be telling this one when you hit 90! I loved the story. Can't say I want to repeat anything like it on our upcoming trip, though!

Last edited by wishing4PA; 11-22-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: oops -- said DS15 meant DS15mo
Old 11-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #124
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Even though it didn't go smoothly it's still sad that it's almost over.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #125
Kimmy
Mouseketeer

I love the Mummy ride too! My kids won't even try it & I know they would really like it if they give it a try.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #126
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Hi Chelley,
All caught up now - though I should really be doing the ironing just now...
It's good you managed to retain your sense of humour through it all - as they say, time heals all wounds!
Di x

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Old 11-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #127
mkycrzy1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
We aren't too far from you! We're near Indy.
Well, in that case...hello, neighbor! I am finally caught up reading your report....can't wait to see how your trip ends...hopefully on a much brighter note!

Sadly, no ticker for now
Old 11-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #128
aristocats_lover
We're just practicing biting and clawing...

Quote:
Poor Fred's roar box slipped out of his hand while they were stuffing him, so his roar box is now located on his hip somewhere. You have to squish the poor thing in half to make him roar
Hi, I'm a former Build-A-Bear employee and Build-A-Dino is a part of our family. If you take him to any Build-A-Bear they will open him up, move his sound, and stitch him back up for free. All employees are trained in hand stitching and it will look perfect. Plus he'll be able to roar on cue. Also, they make a big deal when a child brings in their friend, and give him a Paw Pass etc before they take him away for "surgery" so it's a fun experience for everyone.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #129
Iott Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkycrzy1971 View Post
Well, in that case...hello, neighbor! I am finally caught up reading your report....can't wait to see how your trip ends...hopefully on a much brighter note!

I love it when I come across fellow Hoosiers who are Dis crazy, too! We are on the west side of Indy.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #130
MEK
DIS Veteran

Poor O - First, a tube of candy in the eye. Then, the dreaded stomach virus that took the family by storm. I remember when my kids were that age. Someone got sick on every vacation - yup!

Well, you've had some pretty rough moments on your vacation, but when I read your story I still hear all the memories that are being made. You have a lovely family and I appreciate you sharing your "not so perfect" story with us.

Looking forward to the exciting conclusion!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #131
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

First of all, today is O's 4th birthday! Happy bday, baby!

Tuesday November 4th

Last day. Up early, frantically iron clothes for pictures, shove stuff in the van, get everyone dressed, strip the beds, start the towels and the dishwasher per our check out instructions, make 3-4 final trips through the house to make sure we have everything, and head out.

And we're late. 15 minutes late. Catch every freaking light, then have to walk a mile from the parking lot to the Grand Floridian. I don't think I'd ever want to stay there just because you are so far away from your car.

Anyhow, we walk in, apologize over and over for being late, they tell us no worries since there are no other appts behind us and we pay ($25 with our pre-ordered photopass email!), and start on the trek. She asked if we wanted inside or outside, I tell her mostly out. I've seen the inside shots (staircase, chandelier, window sill etc) and they are nice, but not for us. I want the beach, lakeside, flower gardens and the 3 tier fountain. She does a few inside shots since we have to pass the stuff to get outside - DH and I by the chandelier, the little kids in the window sill.

We go out to the flower gardens, then to the fountain, only it's blowing so hard the water is spraying everywhere, so the fountain shots are a no go. And by the way, we're in Florida and guess what? It's cold again! (and misting rain) We were all freezing outside. Then we go to the ledge, then to the willow field, then to the hammock and finally the beach.

She took 96 shots total, and kept us out for over an hour. She (Evelyn?) was great. She kept the kids entertained, did different poses, asked us what we wanted, took a few candid shots and had some really good ideas. She was also really good at trying to hide K's bandage from his burn from his car accident, even though we didn't care if it was in the picture or not! It was really cloudy outside, so I was worried about the lighting, but I think they came out great (especially for $25!)

So mad at O for not looking up!

My favorite

Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #132
goofyboyzmom
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are beautiful. What a keepsake for $25!
November/December 2004 - 1 Night All-Sports/7-Day Disney Magic/3-Nights Dixie Landings
October 2005 - 1st Stay at Saratoga Springs as DVC Members
November 2006 - Saratoga Springs for Thanksgiving!!!
November/December 2007 - Saratoga Springs
April 2008 - Port Orleans-Riverside
November/December 2009 - Saratoga Springs
November 2011 - Saratoga Springs
November/December 2013 - Saratoga Springs

Me DH DS DS DS Ranger

Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #133
loribell
Proud Redhead
Started watching them play when I was little
Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening?

Those are amazing pictures!

Forgot to add:

Old 11-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #134
skhermsmeyer
Donald's #1 with my kids! Go figure!

Happy Birthday, O! Hope he had a great day!

WOW! What beautiful pictures! We thought about doing the pictures, but it would be $75, and decided we could spend our money elsewhere (still for Disney though! )

Thanks for sharing your trip experience with us! We head off to the World on Dec. 13. We've never been before, so I'm interested to see what's in store for us.

POP (Dec 2008) Off-site (Dec 2010) Off-site (May 2011) Off-site (Sept. 2011) Off-site (Oct-Nov 2011) Off-site (2012?) Off-site (2013?)

Winner of SOME kind of OMDD contest! At least I'm not paying!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #135
Brad M
Mouseketeer

I don't think O needs to look up. It's a perfect picture as-is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: