Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Talking Here's the phone number to reload your Disney Gift Card

This morning for the first time I called the number on the back of my Disney Gift Card and tried to get someone (anyone) to put money on my account. After getting 6 different phone numbers I email DGC and ask if they could just give me the right number and who to talk to. So I waited.... THEY emailed back with the correct phone number . So I am passing it on to you so you do not have to go through what I went through.

tigger2ntinkerbell

Disney Gift Card Reply:

Dear Mrs. XXXXX,
Thank you for contacting us for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered when attempting to load your Disney Gift Card by phone. To load your card, you must call Disneyland DelivEARS at 1-800-362-4533 and press "1" to speak with a Merchandise Guest Services representative. Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance.
Sincerely, Disney Gift Card Guest Service

Last edited by Tigger2ntinkerbell; 11-14-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Caps needed
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Thanks. I drove 40 miles to the Disney store to buy Disney dollars and they were out. Won't be getting any more in until next year because they are redesigning them. So I had to buy a gift card instead. I only had so much with me and wanted to add more later, BUT didn't want to drive all that way to do so. I asked the cast members and they had no clue about being able to do so (?).

I have a question about the cards. Can you register them just in case they get lost or stolen? The cast members weren't sure of that either. ???

musclemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Talking Disney Gift Cards

I know what you mean by driving to and from the Disney Store, it's quite a trip for me also.
About registering your DGC, you can't. The only thing you have to do is keep your receipts from the store, or when calling. I have not done this yet, But I'm assuming they will email a letter stating that you put my on your account. I'll let you know after I call them today. Don't forget to make a photo copy of the front and the back of your card and keep it in a safe place in case you lose the card, and call Disney if lost.
Hope this helps.

Tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Talking Disney Gift Card

I just got off the phone with Disney and when the automated system starts press 1, then you will talk to a Cast Member about needing to put money on you Disney Gift Card. They will ask for the number on the back of your DGC and then your name, address and zip, home phone number. Then the amount you want on the card. It will take 24 hours for it to go through. You will get a confirmation number -keep track of this number on your Credit/Debit Card Account. Also keep a copy of your C.C.statement.
Hope this helps.

Tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

Yes it does! Thank you

I just noticed that you are from MI. Where abouts? Do you go to GLC in Auburn? I think that's the only Disney store left in MI, isn't it?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Talking Disney Gift Card

I live in a little town called Holly.Yes, I go to G L C, It's not that bad of a drive during the early hour(AM-Noon), after that it's nuts. Here's the list from the Disney store.com web site. I don't know if they (Disney) have updated this or not. Like you said G L C/Disney is the one that's still around that I know of .

We found 3 locations near you.

1. 4286 Baldwin Road(GLC)
Auburn, MI 48326
Phone: (248) 858-9781

2. 14600 Lakeside Circle
Sterling Heights, MI 48313
Phone: (586) 532-7137

3. 23000 Eureka Road
Taylor, MI 48180
Phone: (734) 287-6017

Tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 11-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

Holly, yes. I used to spend a lot of time in Holly when I was young. My grandmother lived there. She is now in the Holly cemetary off Milford Road. I live in Hartland, just off 23.

Lakeside Mall is too far for me. Taylor too. Looks like GL is the closest.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #8
kristinlynn
Mouseketeer

You can also order the card from disneyshopping.com - there is no shipping fee. Also, depending on how large of an order you are making...there is a way to get a 5% discount on disney gift cards right now (until the end of the year)but there is a $2.95 processing fee so your gift card will need to be at least $75 for you to make a profit.

Visit http://www.incentone.com/holiday/

Purchase an electronic holiday gift card in any $25 increment and select yourself as the recipient. Enter Offer Code Holiday7 to get the 5% discount.

Within in a few minutes of your purchase your gift certificate code will be emailed to you and you can redeem for Disney gift cards. The site says your gift card will arrive in 2-3 weeks.
kristinlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemouse View Post
Yes it does! Thank you

I just noticed that you are from MI. Where abouts? Do you go to GLC in Auburn? I think that's the only Disney store left in MI, isn't it?
Last I knew there was still a DS at Rivertown Crossing in Wyoming/Granville also but that won't help you gals who use GLC much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: