Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #1
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Hayley & Els' PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

Hi There!

I figured I lurk oh-not-so-quietly here enough, so I should really get started on my PJ! I can't believe I've refrained this long since getting engaged, but I've been super busy at work, so let's get started!

Introducing Us!

I'm Hayley, I'm 23 and I'm the soon-to-be Bride! It's so exciting to say that! I'm almost halfway through my Ph.D - hopefully I'll get that Doctorate before we say I Do!

DF is 26 and he's an IT Technician. We've been together since July 2004.

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts

Last edited by Eeyore's Tailfinder; 02-11-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
Disney-Bride2010
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! What a cute engagement story! You're getting married exactly 1 week after me! (hopefully) Looking forward to hearing more wedding plans!
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Wedding Plans!

Important: If you see I've used your photo and not credited you for it, please let me know so I can credit you properly! I tend to save photos I like and not remember who they're from!

Colours - The first thing we really decided upon. Or did we?! We've more or less decided on our colours, but I'm still going back and forth. We're doing Chocolate Brown, Champagne/Gold, and a light Pink as an accent. I am a real pink girl - everything has to be pink! I love chocolate brown and gold as I think they go really well together, but I just had to have that pink in there somewhere! Plus, I fell in love with some pink flowers, and had to have them!

Ceremony - This has to be in the Wedding Pavilion. I don't think there's any leeway with that! It sucks that it's more expensive than the other locations but it's where we imagined our wedding would be - plus we got engaged just outside!

Officiant - No idea yet. We want a non-denominational ceremony, but we don't mind if whoever marries us is religious - we just want the ceremony to not be! If anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Transport - Hard one! Obviously I would love the Coach, but I just don't know if I can justify it! We'll see where we are with the budget, but I was just thinking of walking to the WP from the GF.

Ceremony Entertainment - The Organist - I have no idea with music yet though. I'd like to walk in to something quirky, but I might leave that for the recessional.

Ceremony Decor - Despite my colours, I'd like the Pavilion to be all white. I'd love a wide white aisle runner, with white rose petals both sides, and jars with petals and candles in every other pew. Also some swagging with chiffon bows at each pew. I LOVE the way that the Pavilion is decorated for the Simply Chic Couture wedding, and I'd like something loosely based on that.

(Just the aisle runner and the petals)

Something like these every other pew, but with white rose petals in.

Flowers - For my flowers, I always thought I'd have Calla Lillies. Until I saw a certain DISbride's flowers and I love them. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but they were pink roses with stephanotis in.

They would look like this, except in pink.

The bridesmaids will have rosewands - Photo courtesy of orangetiggs!

Pre-Reception - I think The Summerhouse at the GF, but I do like the balcony where they do the reception for the Escape Weddings too. I wonder if we'd be allowed that? Food will be light food - something like the fruit and vegetable dip, or a few flatbreads; and for drinks there'll be bottles of water with our labels on and a Cocktail Menu (BOC). I LOVE this one, but with different drinks:

Ceremony - I thought I was set on the Napa Room, but I think I just changed my mind with the new minimums for 2010 and especially seeing how wonderful orangetiggs' wedding was. I think we're going for the Whitehall Room. I'm not sure how the table arrangement will be yet, it depends how many come!

Entertainment - Again, it depends on how many people come! We're not sure whether to go for a DJ, iPod, or just a violinist. If quite a few people come, we might get a DJ, make things easier.
However many people, we are definitely getting a character and it has to be Donald Duck according to DF - he loves the Duck.

Favours - I love the idea of a Candy Bar

Cake - We both love the Mad Hatter Cake!

After Reception - If there's less than 18 of us, I'm going to try and get the Grand 1. If there's more, then we'll do a Wishes Dessert Party at Sago Cay. We both love Wishes.

Sorry, another long post!!

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts

Last edited by Eeyore's Tailfinder; 10-20-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!

Just have to say... you look like Miley Cyrus!!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

welcome

welcome and congrats! your plans sound wonderful.looking forward to hearing more....
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thanks Ladies!! I can't believe I finally get to start my own PJ! I have a reason for stalking this board now

Miley Cyrus is a first I'll admit!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #7
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

you have my picture of my wands!

congrats as well
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #8
orangetiggs

you must have been out there when we got married! we got married sept 2nd this year!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Yes we were! We were staying at the Poly until Sept 1st, and when we went for a walk past Francks on Aug 31st, I was peeking in and they had the Weddings board for the next day ready, propped against the window - I am sure your wedding rehearsal was on it, and I forgot to take a pic! Your wedding was beautiful

Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
Beautiful! I had red where you'll have pink. I loved it.

Quote:
I love this idea and the colors are fabulous!

Quote:
Cake - We both love the Mad Hatter Cake!
Is that the really colorful one that's not quite straight?

askelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #11
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

you definitely have a good start on everything!! Way more than I do I think ! Look forward to hearing more!!

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #12
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Hayley, Everything sounds great! Have you gotten all settled into your new home? Can't wait to hear more.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

Hayley, first off congratulations from another UK bride.

I just wanted to say I used one of your food reports to help plan our wedding trip so I felt i got to know you and when I saw that you got engaged in WDW I was happy for you.

I'm so glad you are having a Disney wedding. I sure you will have fun planning.

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
B2B-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Hey Hayley! You know how excited I am for you and Els (this is Rosie!) and your plans are coming along great. I was recently in a wedding and the bridemaid dresses were champagne with pink sashes. I'll try to dig up a picture.

And of course I love chocolate brown as that was my wedding color!

Have you looked at any dresses yet? Never too early for that!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
orangetiggs

yes our wedding rehearsal was on the 1st!

You will have a great wedding, ours was so good and disney were great

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: