Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #91
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Okay, here's the deal, LL -- something goes wrong with making your ADRs on the 22nd -- I am off -- I will do whatever you need me to do -- including making them in your name if necessary -- we can plot together beforehand if you want a back-up plan.

I snort laughed at Ruby on the door frame -- that is hysterical!!!

Don't worry, we have naughty names for our dogs and cats, too. Now, I am totally going to send you the Flair that I have wanted to send for forever, but I didn't want to offend you. It's a gem that I discovered awhile back.

Marc is more efficient at stealing Mickey heads? That made me laugh, too -- not that I doubt his "liberating" expertise or anything -- just makes me think of him as the James Bond of Home Depot.

I feel like a failure at Walmart and Target shopping -- I almost went into the bag section yesterday at Walmart and now I wish I had -- I want that Tink wallet. I must get to Target soon before all the Princess One Spot items are gone -- as you can tell I love your purchases.

I am also drooling over your countdown calendar -- I think I need to make one soon for our trip. If you are 188 days out, we can't be too far behind. Maybe at almost 200?

Great update!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #92
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Okay, here's the deal, LL -- something goes wrong with making your ADRs on the 22nd -- I am off -- I will do whatever you need me to do -- including making them in your name if necessary -- we can plot together beforehand if you want a back-up plan.
You know, my DIS friends are the best. I might take you up on that as we get closer because I don't want to worry about it. I had to tell Marc that you and Christine offered, it really means a lot.

Quote:
I snort laughed at Ruby on the door frame -- that is hysterical!!!

Don't worry, we have naughty names for our dogs and cats, too. Now, I am totally going to send you the Flair that I have wanted to send for forever, but I didn't want to offend you. It's a gem that I discovered awhile back.
Just this second Ruby pulled out my cold medicine with her mouth that I have in my pen cup on the desk. Man oh man. I definitely just used her nickname. I can't wait to see the flair!

Quote:
Marc is more efficient at stealing Mickey heads? That made me laugh, too -- not that I doubt his "liberating" expertise or anything -- just makes me think of him as the James Bond of Home Depot.
He told me that I didn't do a good job because I messed up his system when I went into the store first.

Quote:
I feel like a failure at Walmart and Target shopping -- I almost went into the bag section yesterday at Walmart and now I wish I had -- I want that Tink wallet. I must get to Target soon before all the Princess One Spot items are gone -- as you can tell I love your purchases.
My Target didn't have the same stuff as Lara's did but I thought I got some good stuff.

Quote:
I am also drooling over your countdown calendar -- I think I need to make one soon for our trip. If you are 188 days out, we can't be too far behind. Maybe at almost 200?

Great update!
You really aren't far behind us. Which is sad on many levels. Your family totally deserves a kick butt countdown!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #93
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Love all the girlie purchases!!! How cute!

Your big cat.. is HUGE!!! I bet he snuggles up and takes over the couch I had a kitty like him once... big as a tiger, sweet as a kitten...best cat EVER!!! now I have 3 nim-com-poops instead

I'm excited about the online ADR thingy... I can't wait to give it a whirl. I wonder if I'll get hooked on it... like a big ole video game, but for Dissers

Paula
Old 11-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #94
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Love all the girlie purchases!!! How cute!

Your big cat.. is HUGE!!! I bet he snuggles up and takes over the couch I had a kitty like him once... big as a tiger, sweet as a kitten...best cat EVER!!! now I have 3 nim-com-poops instead

I'm excited about the online ADR thingy... I can't wait to give it a whirl. I wonder if I'll get hooked on it... like a big ole video game, but for Dissers

Paula
Sulley weighs about 23lbs - 25lbs. He's HUGE. But he is a big ol' baby. He also has the wimpiest meow EVER. He sounds like a little chirping bird when he meows, it's quite cute.

I am so overwhelmed by the online ADR's, I can't even imagine how it will be.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #95
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Great purchases! I love the Target Dollar Spot. I find all kinds of cool things there. The other place is a Dollar Tree. I love coming out with a huge bag of goodies and paying like $10. Your countdown calendar is cute! I can't wait to see what is going to go into that frame.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #96
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You know, my DIS friends are the best. I might take you up on that as we get closer because I don't want to worry about it. I had to tell Marc that you and Christine offered, it really means a lot.
I am dead serious, too. Anything you need me to do on the 22nd, I am planning on that being an ADR-making day!

Quote:
Just this second Ruby pulled out my cold medicine with her mouth that I have in my pen cup on the desk. Man oh man. I definitely just used her nickname. I can't wait to see the flair!
Bella has a nickname because she appears to think that she is actually Charles's true love and starts growling if he hugs me. If we are sitting on the couch together, she makes a point of squeezing in between us -- no mean feat for a 50-pound dog.

Quote:
He told me that I didn't do a good job because I messed up his system when I went into the store first.
He has a system? Maybe I should stop laughing and have him give me some pointers.

Quote:
My Target didn't have the same stuff as Lara's did but I thought I got some good stuff.
You know if it wasn't so cold and dark out, I would be seriously contemplating a Target run.

Quote:
You really aren't far behind us. Which is sad on many levels. Your family totally deserves a kick butt countdown!
I know it -- I so wish our dates coincided.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #97
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You cut out all those heads??? OMG!!! You have to start scrapbooking!!!

Great deals at the Dollar Spot. I've been cutting on all the Target trips so I missed those
Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #98
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Great purchases! I love the Target Dollar Spot. I find all kinds of cool things there. The other place is a Dollar Tree. I love coming out with a huge bag of goodies and paying like $10. Your countdown calendar is cute! I can't wait to see what is going to go into that frame.
I have to resist the Dollar Tree for a bit longer. I am trying to keep these purchases under the radar since I promised Marc I wouldn't have to buy as much stuff for May as I did for September. Only a man would believe that.

Quote:
I am dead serious, too. Anything you need me to do on the 22nd, I am planning on that being an ADR-making day!

Bella has a nickname because she appears to think that she is actually Charles's true love and starts growling if he hugs me. If we are sitting on the couch together, she makes a point of squeezing in between us -- no mean feat for a 50-pound dog.

He has a system? Maybe I should stop laughing and have him give me some pointers.

You know if it wasn't so cold and dark out, I would be seriously contemplating a Target run.

I know it -- I so wish our dates coincided.
I really might take you up on that. Depending on what we hear about the updates and such. He does a system, I will have to post about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
You cut out all those heads??? OMG!!! You have to start scrapbooking!!!

Great deals at the Dollar Spot. I've been cutting on all the Target trips so I missed those
Oh no! Those are the Mickey Head Paint chips from Home Depot. I just pulled them off their backing.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #99
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no! Those are the Mickey Head Paint chips from Home Depot. I just pulled them off their backing.
You don't rip them when you pull them off? I ripped two of them trying to do that. Now I leave them on the backing.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #100
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have a 24 X 36 something on order that I will be putting into the frame. Marc hasn't seen it yet nor have all of you. So as we countdown what is in the frame will be revealed. I am starting the countdown as of today so until my "something" arrives, we will be looking at the lovely insert the frame came with. I really can't wait for it to get here. It should be here within 10 days.

I did steal Heidi's idea of using a Lime Green Mickey Head as Day 1. I also put stickers on Day 100 and the last 30 days of the countdown. I am super excited to use this!!
I love the calendar. I'd steal the idea, but think I still have way too many days to go.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #101
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
You don't rip them when you pull them off? I ripped two of them trying to do that. Now I leave them on the backing.
I ripped a few of them, maybe like 5. I was able to peel them off. I also take a bit of the cardboard backing so they aren't so flimsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I love the calendar. I'd steal the idea, but think I still have way too many days to go.
See, I wish I had gotten one size down with the frame because I wanted more coverage wth the Mickey Heads.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #102
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

LOVE the countdown calendar!!!! Megan keeps asking me when we get to put ours "back up!" Poor baby----I hate this waiting game!!! I just want to have dates, and deposits, and ressies, and ADRs----although now hearing about this supposed online ADR stuff, I am now scared!!!! SO, I will live and learn vicariously through you all right now---that way I will be WAY ready when my time rolls around!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #103
BellaSwan
Mouseketeer

I love your wallet! I need a new one, I think that I am going to have to waltz on down to Wally World to see what I can find.

Your countdown calender is amazing I was trying to figure out a way to make a new one for our next trip but with so long in advance I wasn't sure what I would do. You have given me some good ideas.

Love all the planning.

"The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish." ~ Nathan One Tree Hill
Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #104
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
LOVE the countdown calendar!!!! Megan keeps asking me when we get to put ours "back up!" Poor baby----I hate this waiting game!!! I just want to have dates, and deposits, and ressies, and ADRs----although now hearing about this supposed online ADR stuff, I am now scared!!!! SO, I will live and learn vicariously through you all right now---that way I will be WAY ready when my time rolls around!!!!
I'm glad to be of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSwan View Post
I love your wallet! I need a new one, I think that I am going to have to waltz on down to Wally World to see what I can find.

Your countdown calender is amazing I was trying to figure out a way to make a new one for our next trip but with so long in advance I wasn't sure what I would do. You have given me some good ideas.

Love all the planning.
Thanks! I can't wait to use it. I am sure you could come up with an idea. Counting down is fun!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #105
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

We interrupt this PTR for....

.....some Mickey Head Carnage. I came home from work today and was greeted by this.

Sigh. I think my brilliant idea of using photo safe tape was just not that brilliant. I have gotten out my scotch tape and will do repairs tomorrow evening.

On the bright side we are at 186 days.

*** EDIT *** I just received the shipment confirmation for my countdown "something." It will be delivered to me by 3PM tomorrow. Who's excited???

Last edited by Lady Lallie; 11-18-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Good News!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: