Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #76
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Marc just read it!

He said "That's pretty darn* good. I am musician and I couldn't come up with that."

*censored.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #77
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
What's for dinner?
Subway. We totally forgot to take something out before we left this morning.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #78
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Marc just read it!

He said "That's pretty darn* good. I am musician and I couldn't come up with that."

*censored.
Marc's a musician?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #79
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marc's a musician?
He is. He plays the bass....I thought I told you this before? Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #80
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
He is. He plays the bass....I thought I told you this before? Maybe not.
Wow. If you did, it completely flew out of my brain! Not too hard these days.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #81
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You know I was singing that awesome song out loud!!! Good job, TK!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #82
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You know I was singing that awesome song out loud!!! Good job, TK!
It begs to be sung out loud. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #83
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Hey LL!! I'm sorry I'm so late. I knew this was up, but you know how life gets when you're too busy to sleep let alone get online. Now I'm going back to read!
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 11-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #84
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
I have only been to Boatwright's for dinner but I LOVED it. Such a pretty restaurant. Also we were able to get seated next to the fireplace which was really romantic. (At the time anyway, I was with my stupid ex. Hmph.)

I don't eat spicy food at all and I liked San Angel the one time I ate there. Although I wasn't blown away like I was in other WS restaurants (Japan, Morocco, yum!)

I LOVED Y&Y. So good! Definitely give it a shot if there's anything on the menu that even remotely appeals to you. I think it was the best meal I had on our entire trip.

Mama's was a pleasant surprise for us on our last trip - the chicken parm I got was fantastic, as was Jakkie's 4-cheese flatbread and our tomato/mozzerella appetizer. The service was great too.

The Wave and Jiko look soooo wonderful! I have always wanted to try them too.
Thank you so much for your valuable opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute here, LL. . .in my mind you have all the answers! And now you're questioning everything? What kind of chance do I have to figure it all out if you're having trouble???
I know! Isn't it scary? You missed out on a lot of my ADR musings in my first PTR I think. I am very indecisive but I think I have a good schedule worked out....now if they would only release the Official May Hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Jiko's....was.....AWESOME!!! can you tell I liked it? Mom and I went there in April YUM. And the Zebratini was good although mine was a little strong.
I didn't like Tony's. Loved Tusker House and Coral Reef.
I am really excited to try Jiko's, it's a definite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Oh...and WCC was soooo fun. Mom and I had a blast watching the kids and our CM server was really into it.
We are still toying with WCC, it will either be in May or December '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Wow!! After reading all your ADRs its making me question mine! I really didn't do any lunch ADRs as I'll be in the park and will do a CS as a mini afternoon break ( of course I'm travelling alone) but I have a lot of Breakfast ADRs and Dinner ADRs...I did a lot of character meals so I don't have to wait in line for the usual suspects LOL!!! Now I'm rethinking everything LOL!!!
Oh don't do that! I am sure your plans are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Here are some random thoughts:

I enjoyed Mama Melrose's.
I have wanted to try San Angel Inn because of the atmosphere.
I am so glad you are going to try Boatwrights.
1900 is on my list of places to try on my next trip.
LTT seems like a great spot to rest on a MK day.

We also like O'hanas, Tutto Italia and Chef Mickey's. I have read a few good reviews on Cape May Cafe although, I have never been there. I can't wait to see what you chose!
Cape May is also on my radar, there are just way too many yummy places.

Quote:
Okay.

On the whole ADR thing? I don't even know where to start.

I just have one thing to say.

OOOOOoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Supercalifragelistic ADR'sApproachUs
Even though the sound it of it is something we'll not broach' cause
LL's DH is smart with his words and Disney ways
Supercalifragelistic ADR'sApproachUs

Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Disney food we're dying to try!

Because I was afraid to speak
of all my Disney food desires
I knew it was time to tweak
and sing it to the choir

For eventually I'd find the word
that would save my dining quest
the biggest word you've ever heard
better than all the rest

Supercalifragelistic ADR'sApproachUs!

I had to quote this again because it's so awesome. I am counting on your December food reviews to help me with a few of my decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
I keep telling LL how much her TR titles get stuck in my head! At least I'm not the only one! Yesterday I was singing her ADR's Approach Us song walking to class and Dbf says "WHAT in the world are you singing!?"
I was singing it at work the other day. Really embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
I've caught myself singing it on more than a few occasions too

tarzankat...I love the complete version!!

Paula
Glad I'm not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSwan View Post
I'm with you again LL, for all the planning and the great lighting fixtures

That is great you all get two trips in one year, I am trying to rope DH into this concept too. Can't wait to read more.
I am really liking the two trips in a year concept. I am going to try real hard not to get used to it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Hey LL!! I'm sorry I'm so late. I knew this was up, but you know how life gets when you're too busy to sleep let alone get online. Now I'm going back to read!
Welcome!! Thanks for joining in.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #85
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Cinderella.

"Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. "Come on, get up," you say, "Time to start another day." Even he orders me around. Well, there's one thing. They can't order me to stop dreaming. " - Cinderella

May 2009 Hours still haven't been released by Disney. Don't they know I have a schedule to plan? I really really want to get the schedule down so I can contemplate my ADR's some more and make sure I am all set for D-Day. Which stands for Dining Day of course on December 22nd. I have one hour of personal time left for the year and I am really contemplating using it on the 22nd and going into work an hour late so I can concentrate on making my ADR's. Is that sick or what? I also plan to have choices for each day if I can't get what I want. I am also torn about whether I should call first thing that morning. It's going to be a huge long wait with everyone wanting to make their ADR's but I don't want to miss out on Le Cellier either. I have to give it some more thought. I suppose that I could take the hour off but also have Marc ready with a list when he gets home from work as a backup so that I can make sure we get everything that we need. Hmmm.

I need to introduce you all to the kitties that will be staying home. I also promised Trixie recent pictures of the kitties a few weeks ago and I just haven't found the time to upload them yet.

Sulley.

Also known as Sulley Boy, Big Moose-y, Attention ***** (sorry it must be censored for the DIS, use your imaginations. )He was named after Sulley from Monster's Inc. He's my big baby, I have had him since before I met Marc. He will turn 5 this February. He's sensitive and loving and I think he misses us the most when we are gone.

Ruby.

Also know as Ruby Doobie, Rubeus Dubious, Little "Rhymes with Witch" and Spaz. Now we love our kitties very much despite the naughty word nicknames but that is who they are. Ruby was named after Rubeus Hagrid from Harry Potter, Marc didn't like Ginny. Pffft. Ruby is a wild kitty, we have had her for about 1 1/2 years. She loves to attack Sulley constantly hence the Little Witch nickname. Gets into lots of trouble and likes to sit on top of the doors.

See, I told you.

Last time we were at Disney, MIL watched the kitties. I was not a huge fan of her being in our house unsupervised. The good news about leaving them this trip is that I will be living closer to my work and my cubicle mate has said that she would stop in on them once or twice. So we'll see what happens but I am thinking it will be easier to get someone to watch them this time around since we will live in a different area closer to family and friends.

Onto some fun stuff! Disney Purchases!!

I bought this snazzy looking Tinkerbell wallet this week on a trip to Walmart.

Isn't she pretty? She was only $8! While in the parks last trip, I didn't bring my wallet. I wanted a wallet to help keep me a little more organized this time around. I was actually looking at the selection of bags that could possibly be a park bag at Walmart when I found this little gem. I also like that she will go with whatever kind of bag that I do end up getting to be my park bag. More on the park bag troubles in a future post. I am on a huge Tinkerbell kick for this trip because of the new movie being released and the fairy greetings at Toon Town. I am very excited!

I found this adorable little notebooks at the One Spot at Target on Friday Night.

They are so cute and sparkly. I love the way they blinged out Cinderella. I am not 100% sure what I will be using these for but I am thinking that I might put our itinerary and ADR's in here and just carry one of them in the to be determined park bag to help keep track of everything. I don't plan to go so crazy with laminated park itineraries like I did last trip.

Super cute pink princess hair accessory found at the One Spot.

I really like the pink ribbons on it and I am not sure if I will use it as a ponytail holder or if I will use the ribbons for something else. After seeing all of Lara's cute princess stuff for her daughters I decided that I want to really have some Princess accessories for the Pirate & Princess Party. Marc has already declared that he will be in some kind of Pirate ensemble. I know that I would like a Tiara for sure but beyond that I haven't decided.

Princess Jewel Tattoo at the One Spot.

How could I possibly pass this up for $1!!! I couldn't. There was no way. I am going to be all blinged out. I really hope the dates allears announced are the correct ones so that there will be a party while we are there!

Last but not least for this update is our countdown calendar. As of today we are at 188 days!!

Marc and I went to three different Home Depots this weekend to get enough Mickey Heads for our countdown calendar. Marc went into two of the stores and then we both went into the last one. He claims he is more efficient when he steals the Mickey Heads. Riiiiiiiight.

We purchased at 24 X 36 poster frame and now it looks like this.

I have a 24 X 36 something on order that I will be putting into the frame. Marc hasn't seen it yet nor have all of you. So as we countdown what is in the frame will be revealed. I am starting the countdown as of today so until my "something" arrives, we will be looking at the lovely insert the frame came with. I really can't wait for it to get here. It should be here within 10 days.

I did steal Heidi's idea of using a Lime Green Mickey Head as Day 1. I also put stickers on Day 100 and the last 30 days of the countdown. I am super excited to use this!!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #86
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

That frame looks so cool with all the mickey heads on it! Such a great countdown!

I can't wait to see what will be displayed in the frame.

My friends just got a new puppy and name her Ginny after the Harry Potter Ginny. They have another dog named Peeves.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #87
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

There is a chance that the online ADR system will be up and running in time for your D-Day.

Steal away for your countdown calendar.....I like the idea of revealing a poster beneath.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #88
TarzansKat

I love the Tink wallet! My Winnie the Pooh wallet is in a sad state of disrepair, but I can't bear (ha ha) to part with it unless I replace it with something Disney. Did they have other characters, too? So exciting!

I love all your little girlie purchases! Yay for princesses!!!

Hey, can I bug you all for a sec? In regard to ADRs, is December your 180 day mark, or does it not work that way anymore? And are they implementing an online system, as Heidi said? I'm afraid I haven't been keeping very good track of this at all.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #89
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your kitties are so cute! I love your countdown calendar! The idea of revealing "something" underneath is so cool! Can't wait to find out what the something is!

And how awesome if the online ADR system is up and running for you. I can generally go into work late without penalty (as long as I make it up) so if you need a surrogate dialer for your ADR's, just let me know. Happy to help another obsessive DIS'er!

Old 11-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #90
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
That frame looks so cool with all the mickey heads on it! Such a great countdown!

I can't wait to see what will be displayed in the frame.

My friends just got a new puppy and name her Ginny after the Harry Potter Ginny. They have another dog named Peeves.
Thank you! I really love my countdown. I think it's going to be awesome but I am a little bias.
I think the name Ginny is adorable for a puppy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
There is a chance that the online ADR system will be up and running in time for your D-Day.

Steal away for your countdown calendar.....I like the idea of revealing a poster beneath.
Who knows what will happen with ADR's, I am pretty stressed out about being able to actually make them. I really want to do Le Cellier on this trip to make up for my less than pleasant attitude when we ate there last time.
Thanks! It's going to be fun to reveal it to everyone.

Quote:
I love the Tink wallet! My Winnie the Pooh wallet is in a sad state of disrepair, but I can't bear (ha ha) to part with it unless I replace it with something Disney. Did they have other characters, too? So exciting!

I love all your little girlie purchases! Yay for princesses!!!

Hey, can I bug you all for a sec? In regard to ADRs, is December your 180 day mark, or does it not work that way anymore? And are they implementing an online system, as Heidi said? I'm afraid I haven't been keeping very good track of this at all.
They did have other characters but I don't remember which ones. I love my girlie purchases too. I didn't really go the girlie route last trip, wanting it to make it manly for Marc and all and I am going all princess this time!
I really have no idea about the ADR's. I'm so confused by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Your kitties are so cute! I love your countdown calendar! The idea of revealing "something" underneath is so cool! Can't wait to find out what the something is!

And how awesome if the online ADR system is up and running for you. I can generally go into work late without penalty (as long as I make it up) so if you need a surrogate dialer for your ADR's, just let me know. Happy to help another obsessive DIS'er!
Thanks, they are cuties. Let's just say there will be multiple things underneath.

I can usually go into work late too if I make it up but I don't cherish the thought of my boss asking me why and me having to tell her about making ADR's for my Disney trip. In the past I have just called from work using my calling card but I am really worried about the wait and don't want to be tied up while I am supposed to be working. I may just take you up on the surrogate dialing if I can't work something out. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: