Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am so excited!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #17
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Not quite sure what all the excitement is about - but is sounds FUN - so, count me in too!! I love lists!!!!
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 10

Last edited by Carlyzmom; 11-09-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #18
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I feel all warm & fuzzy inside!

Wow! Everyone makes me feel so loved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm here, and I'm excited! Yay for a May trip!
I like that....Yay for May!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am here too and SO glad you've started your PTR! Woo-freaking-hoo, you might say!

I think it's cute you refer to yourself as LL in "real" life. I find myself using DIS terms all the time or looking for smilies when writing "regular" emails. The DIS is taking over my life!

I love what you said about starting a family. Not that it's not easy, of course. But that you had decided to take some time to enjoy life, take care of you and enjoy being married to the man of your dreams. I think that's an excellent strategy!!

Please tell Marc I am singing your PTR title as I type.

Port Orleans Riverside sounds nice! I think you'll love it!

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!!
I think in terms of smilies too. It's hard to slow down and enjoy but I am really trying too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
You tell Marc that he is THE MAN!!!

I did! I think he feels loved too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
I had JUST got done reading that it was your last day on your TR and thought nooooo, but then, ta-da new LL PTR!!! I'm signin up...
Welcome!! I need to keep myself focused on the Disney Trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Wow I got a mention in the opening post.....I feel so special!
Of course you did! I also told him about the doors not opening because of the Christmast Lights, I like to think that pushed him into thinking May was a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
Yeah!!! Another trip is on the way! Memorial Day isn't bad. We've been a couple of times during that time. I like it better than the middle of June. It will be fun to watch your plans!!
Welcome! That makes me feel better about Memorial Day.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #19
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

More Warm & Fuzzies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Wow! I get to be in on this one from the beginning

I know what you mean about DIS infiltrating real life.... I THINK in smilies!!! I can't tell you how many times pops into my head during 'normal' conversations

I even hand drew this guy while writing in my trip journal

Paula
I drew the smilies in my trip report journal too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapbook Stacy View Post
Hi LL, we too are trying to plan a trip in June since they came out with the special! We have always stayed at Port Orleans, French Quarter, but we are thinking about doing the WL in June, what do you think? My DD is 12 and DS is 7. We even thought about Animal Kingdom, I am going to do some research later on in the week to come to a conclusion on where to stay. By the way, I LOVE your other trip report!

Stacy
We really loved the feel of the Wilderness Lodge. It was so very relaxing. We loved the boat to Magic Kingdom too. In my TR, there is more on what we liked about WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
Yay, I'm here! I can't wait until I can start my next Pre-trippie too...I'm excited to start reading more of your famous lists
WOO HOO! Do you have another trip planned...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI! I'm here and can't wait! We're doing bounceback FDP in August/September! I didn't do a trip report! I'm thinking about it this time! I'm spoiled by reading everyone else's! PS we were there this last time some of the same days! Our trip was ending as yours began! We were 8/24 thru 8/31/2008
You should do one, it's a lot of fun and it really keeps the Disney magic alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
I'm here!

Marc is right- this TR title SHOULD be sung!

Everybody now!
I have had the song stuck in my head since Saturday night now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I made it over!!! I need to go back and read but I made it safe and sound!

Ok went back and read it...I didn't even pick up on the date in the Title...you are going TWICE? Please tell me that you are getting an AP for at least one of you so that you can get a room deal on the December trip!
Welcome! I haven't thought about the AP yet. AP's overwhelm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
YES!! Another TR!! I am so happy you are going back. You are going to love POR! It is so beautiful!
Welcome!! I am really excited to stay at POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Yay! Another LL PTR!
Hello Trixie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am so excited!!!
Me too! Though I am sad we are going to miss each other by such a short time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyzmom View Post
Not quite sure what all the excitement is about - but is sounds FUN - so, count me in too!! I love lists!!!!
Welcome. We will have fun!! If you love lists you have come to the right place.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #20
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Wow! Everyone makes me feel so loved!!

I like that....Yay for May!!
Wow, I didn't even rhyme intentionally.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #21
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Wow, I didn't even rhyme intentionally.
You are just too clever for your own good.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #22
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You are just too clever for your own good.
When you say clever, for some reason I think of Hermione.

Books and cleverness...
Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #23
cmysprkles911
Mouseketeer

Count me in! Soooo exciting another trip is being planned!!!!! The deal that they are offering for May is soo great!

Sept' 06-WL Sept '07-POFQ Dec '08-AKL May '09-WL Dec '09-WL Sept '11
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #24
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Yay, LL! I promise to come back from our February trip to PORiverside with nothing but GOOD NEWS about those buses! (Or I'm hoping to, anyway!)
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #25
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new trip! So exciting. Can't wait to hear all about the plans (and changes).

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #26
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I'm here sweet chica!!! Wouldn't miss it for the world-----okay, maybe if I was in the WORLD, I would be a little preoccupied, but alas, I'm at home on my couch, so......................HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 11-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #27
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

I found you!!!!

I am glad that you started a new PTR LL!!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/9hft8tdfov8uptww.png[/img]

My Pre-Trip Report- Pumpkins and Pirates
I'm Back!!!! Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys, Oh My!

I'm a LapuLapuette, are you? Find out Here Bring rum!!!!

I have been boo'd by If U Had Wings!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #28
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmysprkles911 View Post
Count me in! Soooo exciting another trip is being planned!!!!! The deal that they are offering for May is soo great!
It really is, if there wasn't a deal than I probably couldn't justify going twice in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
Yay, LL! I promise to come back from our February trip to PORiverside with nothing but GOOD NEWS about those buses! (Or I'm hoping to, anyway!)
I am counting on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Congrats on the new trip! So exciting. Can't wait to hear all about the plans (and changes).
Hehehe, you know me so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I'm here sweet chica!!! Wouldn't miss it for the world-----okay, maybe if I was in the WORLD, I would be a little preoccupied, but alas, I'm at home on my couch, so......................HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will be in the world very soon, I predict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesskeyblade View Post
I found you!!!!

I am glad that you started a new PTR LL!!!
Thanks!! I am glad you found me.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #29
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Lumiere.

Featherduster: [to Lumiere the candlestick] I've been burnt by you before!

I truly feel loved with the responses from everyone since starting my PTR. The DIS really has enabled me to make so many friendships with incredible people.

I made my first official May 2009 Trip Purchase.

Anyone want to take a guess?

No?

Okay. I will tell you then. I bought the Chandelier Tee Shirt from Lane Bryant.

TADA! I am very excited over this shirt. As most of you know I developed an obsession with all the awesome themed Disney Light Fixtures while on my last trip. I caught myself at Longhorn's this weekend checking out their light fixtures, musing on how neat they were. Clearly I have a problem. I am a little worried about the size of the Tee because sometimes their Tee's are cut smaller than their regular shirts. That's okay though because I have motivation to fit into it. Losing a bit of weight is one of my PreTrip Goals. If anything can help motivate me it's a Tee with a kickbutt Chandelier on it. Marc & I started walking just a few weeks before we went to Disney and I think it really helped us to not get as tired as quickly. I am hoping to do some major PreTrip walking/exercising. I am going to keep track of how many walks that I go on between now and May I think it will help keep me motivated. So if I don't post walking updates for a bit you all have my permission to kick my butt into gear.

I'm really quite anxious that Disney hasn't posted the May 2009 hours yet. I have been checking multiple times a day but so far no luck. We've decided for now not to get Park Hoppers so I want to plan which parks we will go too on which day along with our ADR's. I have a rough draft of "The Plans." But I am still not 100% satisfied. I used the May 2008 hours as a guideline.

You may have noticed the Quote said to Lumiere at the beginning of this post. Each PTR update that I do is going to have a Disney Character as the Title along with a quote from them. The Character will be related somehow to the post that I am doing, Lumiere - Chandelier Tee Shirt, see where I am going with this? I don't think I can always get the quotes to match but I will do my best. I am doing this not only because I love Characters and movie quotes but because Characters are going to be a big focus of our trip. I had a blast meeting the few characters that I did in September but I feel like I missed out on a lot of characters greetings, especially at MNSSHP. I am especially excited about the prospect of meeting Tinkerbell and the other Fairies. I watched the Tinkerbell movie last week and it's really cute. Really cute! I have never been a huge Tink fan but over the last few months I have really grown to love her. I was also impressed that Lucy Liu, America Ferrara, Kristen Chenoweth, Raven Symone and Angelica Huston all voiced the other Fairies. Very cool. I recommend that you watch it.

For now I am going to leave with you with a list of possible breakfast ADR's. I welcome any comments or opinions on them as I still have some time until I can book them. We have 21 meal credits on the Deluxe Dining Plan so we can afford to do a few of them. Ideally, I think we would like to do 3 or 4. I don't want breakfast every morning especially if it's during park time. I think that we will use some of our snack credits to bring back "breakfast" foods. School Bread is considered a breakfast of champions, right?

Breakfast ADR's.

* Crystal Palace --- This one is pretty set in stone. We LOVED getting into Magic Kingdom before the park opened. I dream about that Breakfast Lasagna and Breakfast Pizza. Yummmmm.

* Akersush Royal Banquet Hall --- I am not too interested in lunch here but the thought of a Princess Breakfast sounds pretty darn awesome to me. Plus the Unofficial Guide talks about their "massive iron chandeliers." I think this would also give me the chance to knock a few Princess character meet & greets off my list with a minimal amount of park time sacrificed. You know I wasn't too convinced but now listing my reasons makes me even more sure that this would be a good meal for us.

* O'hanas --- I sacrificed this reservation last trip for the Crystal Palace one. I am not 100% even though I would love to meet Lilo & Stitch. The food doesn't do much for me, it's more about the characters.

* Kona Cafe --- Another ADR that was sacrificed last trip. We had planned to go one morning but let's just say we were tired. I blame the way too comfy Wilderness Lodge beds. I don't want the Tonga Toast, I want the Macadamia Nut Pancakes. Of course I would convince Marc he wants the Tonga Toast so I could try it. Muhahahaha!

* Main Street Bakery --- Though not a place that needs an ADR, I would still like to eat one of their yummy looking selections. I plan to fit this in on a MK morning when we aren't doing CP.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #30
TarzansKat

To answer, yes, school bread IS the breakfast of champions.

Much a like a cinnamon bun from the Main Street bakery so huge, you'll question your capability to really eat it all by yourself, and then do it anyway.

Great update! Good for you on the shirt. Hey, anything that gets you excited for your trip and motivates you to get healthy is a-okay in my book! Everyone needs a little motivation sometimes.

I hope you eat at Kona so I can live vicariously through you. I still haven't made it there yet. And I've debated breakfast with the princesses at Akershus as well, but have never bit the bullet. I'm DED over the fact that the massive iron chandeliers are a selling point for you. You crack me up, dearie, but in a totally good way.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: