Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #151
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Have you seen this deary?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...8/ref=dp_olp_2

Does Marc need a hint? What's his FB? I'll tell him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Hehehe. I already have it.
That made me chuckle!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.

Last edited by trixiequilts; 11-26-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #152
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Me as well! I should have known! Do you also have Burt and the kids? Amazon has them too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #153
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Loving the new board...I totally get it LOL!!! My husband already thinks I'm insane so no calendar for me, except maybe my next trip in December I'll make one LOL

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #154
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Me as well! I should have known! Do you also have Burt and the kids? Amazon has them too!
I do not, they are even cuter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Loving the new board...I totally get it LOL!!! My husband already thinks I'm insane so no calendar for me, except maybe my next trip in December I'll make one LOL
Thank you! I think you should make one for your next trip!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #155
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Mary Poppins.

"You know, you *can* say it backwards, which is "dociousaliexpiisticfagilcalirupes" - but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?" - Mary Poppins.

I finally found the best SNL clip ever to share with you all!! Please watch it, there is an ad in the beginning but it's so hilarious!
Mary Poppins SNL Clip

I have a serious Trip Shopping problem. It's all I want to do. Shop. Shop. Shop. I don't want to do Christmas shopping. I want to do shopping for our trip!

With that said...here's a look at some of our lovely purchases. By our, I mean mine.

A lovely picture taking tripod! It was on sale on Amazon, so I was able to get it for less than $20. It extends to 60 inches, weighs less than 3lbs and comes with it's own carrying case. I am not planning to bring this into all of the parks just for some nighttime shows and I am excited to play around with it when it arrives.

Marc's Christmas present! Okay, I guess I did do some Christmas shopping. It is a Canon PowerShot A470 7.1 MP Digital Camera with 3.4x Optical Zoom. I bought this from Amazon as well, for $95. Not bad I thought. The reason I went with this one was because Julie Neal, the author of The Complete Walt Disney World uses this camera and was listed as the #2 camera on her list of cameras that she uses for the photos in the book. Pretty high recommendation I thought! Oh yes, and Marc already knows about the camera because I am awful at keeping secrets.

The last purchase that I am going to show you today is something awesome. Now, I know I promised you bag drama in the PTR and I am sad to report that there will be NONE of that. For now, I reserve the right to change my mind. I ordered the most lovely, practically perfect bag there is!

TA DAH! Isn't she loverly? Oh, how I love thee! I haven't come up with a name for her yet, we are still getting acquainted. The pattern is a retired pattern from Vera Bradley but of course. Piccadilly Plum. It's a hipster. I found it on ebay and with a lovely 10% coupon with shipping it was $28. Yayayaya! I love her. She's delightfully and deliciously pink and girly and I love her!

Since I have booked this trip I have stared looking for my trip wardrobe. If I don't get to do back to school shopping for myself anymore then of course I am going to use the excuse of a vacation to go clothes shopping! I told you, I have a serious shopping bug.

Now for my trip wardrobe, I want something comfortable but prettier than what I wore in September. At step up from tshirts if you will, perhaps just some fancier tees. I am not hugely picky, I just want to feel girly and princess-y.

Here are some things I found at Old Navy. I am debating on ordering them tomorrow. What do you all think?

I thought this one would be nice for our dinner at Jiko or the Yachtsman.

I have this one in a pink color and I really like the way the neck is, feels like a step up from a plain ol' tee.

I am going to get these in black, for some reason it wouldn't save the black picture. Only $9.99!

The most expensive shirt is the first one and that is $14.99, but all the others are from $4.99 to $9.99. I think those are decent deals. So I guess I just want some opinions.

This is what I have asked Marc to get me for Christmas. I hope he gets the hint!

Wouldn't it look lovely with my princess-y wardrobe?

In other trip related stuff, I am still working on our itinerary. They still haven't posted the calendar for May 2009. It's really driving me nuts, just so you know. I am really hoping since tomorrow is December 1st that it will be up on the Disney website. I have been freaking about the park hours and such and just want to get our ADR's figured out so I can relax a bit. I did end up making one ADR for....Chef Mickey's! I made it for the night of the "maybe" Pirate & Princess Party. If there isn't a party then we will probably cancel it and have dinner at Coral Reef but at least I have one ADR!

We are at 174 Days until Disney and here is an updated look at our Countdown. And as you can see from my ticker in my signature, Tinkerbell has cleared the castle, which thrills me to no end!

I actually have an official title for our Countdown. Does anyone care to guess at what it may be from what you have seen??
Old 11-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #156
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

[quote=Lady Lallie;28967278]"You know, you *can* say it backwards, which is "dociousaliexpiisticfagilcalirupes" - but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?" - Mary Poppins.

I finally found the best SNL clip ever to share with you all!! Please watch it, there is an ad in the beginning but it's so hilarious!
Mary Poppins SNL Clip

Love the SNL clip. Too funny! The necklace is gorgeous I hope your hubby gets you that for Christmas.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #157
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

A Sunday update. You know how I adore those!

There is something about a Disney trip that puts one in the shopping mood. Your purchases look great. I can't imagine your pictures getting any better but look foward to hearing what you think of the tripod. I forget... did you not like your gorillapod?

Marc's camera looks great and quite a bargain too! I don't have that guide book... I may have to check that out!

Your hipster! Awesome. Love it. Sheesh... now I have to go google hipsters.

LOVE your Old Navy finds. Especially the shirt you are thinking about for Yachtsman. So pretty! And bargains to boot!

I do not have a guess for your countdown calendar but I do love it!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #158
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

I love the Disney Couture jewelry! So much cuteness!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #159
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

I love that SNL clip! I love the hipster too. I keep hoping maybe I'll get one or some birthday money for one. I've bid on a couple on ebay, but someone always swoops in at the last minute and gets it. Petal pink is my pattern.
Like all the tops!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #160
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

LL that clip was hilarious!!! So NOT the Mary Poppins I'm used to
I Love anne hathaway though...shes a doll.

I love your purchases. I prefer the 1st top and the black one the most...but they'll all look great! I hope Marc gets you the necklace. It'll be perfect

I'm looking at tripods too.... I don't want burdened down with a monstosity, but I don't want a gorillapod or table-top tripod either. What to do????

Do you have a hipster already??? I have one. The style is perfect for a park bag... but for me it's just too small I need one I can put my camera in, so I don't need to carry a camera bag. I like it alot for shopping and stuff though

Paula
Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #161
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

OOooOOOoooOOooOOoo!

I LOOOOVE the flower one, the ruffle one...and the capri pants. Adorable! And the necklace is tres' chic, yes?

SNL skit was HILARIOUS!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #162
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Hey LL! I LOVE the bag. I loved it so much, I'm bidding on one on ebay! Not the same pattern though, but I love hipster bags and so affordable right now with that coupon! LOVE your old navy stuff too, especially the green shirt for Jiko and the capris! Perfect for dinner! Wish me luck on the bag!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #163
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

LL what a great update!! I love all those shirts, makes me want to go visit the Old Navy site LOL!!

That SNL skit was hilarious...thank you for sharing...I loved it!!! So funny!!

I too hope they release your hours so you can start making your ADRs!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #164
belle8306
DIS Veteran

The Hipster is super cute! I love Vera Bradley! The shirts are all very pretty. I might have to jump over to Old Navy and take a look. Vacation shopping is the best!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #165
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

So, I am supposed to be doing some online Christmas shopping, but instead here I am gazing at all your purchases.

The VB hipster ROCKS! It is my favorite purse style of all time! That pattern is really cute!

I am no good at guessing titles .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: