Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #1501
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

So?? Is it true?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #1502
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Just read yesterday's update and I must say those Teddy Bears are AMAZING!! I mean, OMG! What an amazing idea and they are really beautiful works of art!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #1503
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww what a great update LL!! How amazing was that gift!! I have to say that it was a great idea of your aunts and I know you will treasure the bear and think of the memory you will be able to pass on to your little girl someday

Awww..we both love LIberty square YAY!!! That is fantastic I love that land LOL!!!

Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress it doesn't get much better than that LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #1504
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

What a cute story about the bear LL! I love it! I hope that you can look at that bear and always think of your grandmother

I have to 2nd the ABC Commissary. It was nasty. We ate there once right when we got to WDW after landing and we only ate the burger because we hadn't eaten in like 12 hours. I would not eat lunch there again. JMO!

Did you see the Food Network Challenge this weekend? It was Disney Classic Cakes and one of the contestants did Mary Poppins. Her likeness to Mary was really bad but the rest of the cake looked wicked good!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #1505
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Wow, that bear is gorgeous! How thoughtful and smart of your aunt to turn something of your grandmother's that only one person could enjoy into something so beautiful for all three of you.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #1506
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
So?? Is it true?
I haven't had the time to check yet. I will let you know when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Just read yesterday's update and I must say those Teddy Bears are AMAZING!! I mean, OMG! What an amazing idea and they are really beautiful works of art!
They are beautiful. I still can't believe the workmanship, simply amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww what a great update LL!! How amazing was that gift!! I have to say that it was a great idea of your aunts and I know you will treasure the bear and think of the memory you will be able to pass on to your little girl someday

Awww..we both love LIberty square YAY!!! That is fantastic I love that land LOL!!!

Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress it doesn't get much better than that LOL!!!
I think I am going to frame that photo of my grandmother and put it next to the bear, it really captures her for me.
Liberty Square is the bestest in my opinion. I just love the feel, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
What a cute story about the bear LL! I love it! I hope that you can look at that bear and always think of your grandmother

I have to 2nd the ABC Commissary. It was nasty. We ate there once right when we got to WDW after landing and we only ate the burger because we hadn't eaten in like 12 hours. I would not eat lunch there again. JMO!

Did you see the Food Network Challenge this weekend? It was Disney Classic Cakes and one of the contestants did Mary Poppins. Her likeness to Mary was really bad but the rest of the cake looked wicked good!
I really am going to stay away from ABC Commissary!
I didn't see the Food Network Challenge, I will have to keep my eyes out for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Wow, that bear is gorgeous! How thoughtful and smart of your aunt to turn something of your grandmother's that only one person could enjoy into something so beautiful for all three of you.
Thank you! It is really nice that we all get a piece of something that she loved.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #1507
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

The List of Favorites #4. Epcot.

Jen has requested that the Ecpot Favorites List be next.

The List of Favorites #4. Epcot.

Jen
1. Favorite Epcot Ride? I have two, Spaceship Earth and Soarin'
2. Favoite Epcot Counter Service? The Bakeries in Norway and France
3. Favorite Epcot Resturaunt? Les Chefs de France

4. Favorite Fastpass Attraction? Soarin'
5. Favorite Epcot Land or "Section"? World Showcase
6. Favorite touring trick/tip for Epcot? I always like to go Canada to Mexico!
7. What are you most looking forward to in Epcot in May? Going to Le Cellier for the first time
8. Favorite Snack in Epcot? Anything from the bakeries LOL
9. Your best Epcot moment ever? Meeting Goofy and dancing with him at the Visa Meet N' Greet
10. Favorite Epcot store to shop in? MouseGears

LL
1. Favorite Epcot Ride? Soarin
2. Favoite Epcot Counter Service? Yorkshire County Fish Shop
3. Favorite Epcot Resturaunt? Le Cellier
4. Favorite Fastpass Attraction? Soarin
5. Favorite Epcot Land or "Section"? I'm partial to World Showcase and if you want to get even more specific, the country of England.

6. Favorite touring trick/tip for Epcot? It's not really a trick or tip but I always seem to ride Spaceship Earth first.
7. What are you most looking forward to in Epcot in May? Flower & Garden Festival
8. Favorite Snack in Epcot? School Bread from Norway
9. Your best Epcot moment ever? On the trip when I was 13, I vividly remember riding figment and falling in love with him. I even bought a figment keychain and stuffed animal afterwards.
10. Favorite Epcot store to shop in? The Toy Shop in England, little bunny here I come!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #1508
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Nice lists....little bunnies here I come!! Too cute!! I hope they still have them, LL!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #1509
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Love the Epcot list. I really hope your little bunny is there for you in May!!!

I am determined to try School Bread on this trip. I've never had it.

My favourite Epcot ride is also Soarin.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #1510
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I like Soarin' as well!!!

I am truly looking forward to y'all's Chefs review! I am so hungry right now that I would give anything for some of those fish and chips from Yorkshire!

Fingers crossed that the bunnies are still there!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #1511
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

LL, tell me more about School Bread. I remember it from your last TR but I don't think you described what it was (if you did, I greatly apologize.) Can you tell me please?
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #1512
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Yesterday Marc & I went to up my parents house in Maine. We live in Massachusetts but it's just only about 75 minutes or so to get there since my parents live in Southern Maine. We went up for a visit for a couple of reasons....so my mom could highlight my hair. She left it on for a bit longer than normal, just call me Beach Barbie. Marc wanted to see our new dining room table that is being stored at my parents until we move and my Aunt wanted to give me and my younger cousin something from my grandmother.

My grandmother passed away when I was 13, my cousin is 13 now, she was just a baby when she passed away, we are the only girls on that side of the family besides our Aunt. I was very close to my grandmother and was devastated when she passed away. My Aunt has most of her belongings being that she was her only daughter, she gave me the earrings that I wore on my wedding day that were my grandmother's. She's always been very generous in sharing those things with both of us as she doesn't have a daughter.

I was a bit apprehensive going up there yesterday, I get very emotional when we talk about my grandmother and I start crying and I just didn't want to do that.

So my aunt gives my cousin and I these huge gift bags. I'm totally baffled and we open them and we each pull out a teddy bear. At first, I am completely confused. I'm trying to remember if I ever remember seeing my grandmother with Teddy Bears but I don't. Then my aunt explains. My grandfather was stationed in Alaska during the late 50's/early 60's. When they moved there he bought my grandmother a mink coat (no flames please! ), my grandmother loved that mink coat and wore it all the time in Alaska. My Aunt has had it since she passed, she told us that she tries it on every once in awhile but had no idea what to do with it. Well she found a woman who makes stuffed animals out of old fur coats so my Aunt had her make three teddy bears for us. I thought that was so sweet! I'm proud to report that I didn't cry.

I'm in love with my Teddy Bear and have been toying around with names for her. I think it should be a girl. Right now the one I love the most is Zella, that was my grandmother's mother's name. I think it's fitting.

Here's a picture of my grandmother when they were in Alaska.

My Aunt is on the search of a picture of my grandmother in her fur coat, I think it would be nice to frame it and put it with the bear.

Here is the Teddy Bear.

The lining was used for her feet and paws. Her arms, legs and head all move. It's so incredible. I think it's an awesome way to remember my grandmother and something that she loved.

After everyone left, my Mom was asking me about my Disney Trip. My parents can't believe that I am going by myself. They know that Jen is coming with me for sometime of it, at first they thought I was nuts but the more I have talked about Jen they have come to accept that.

As we were talking my Mom says, "I can't believe you didn't ask me to go with you." Now, I have been trying for a year to get my parents to go to Disney with us, tried to get them to book a bounceback for free dining last year, invited them to go along with us in May and even talked about them joining us on our December trip. No Dice. I debated asking my Mom to go with me in May, talked to Marc about and I decided not to because I thought she'd say no.

I felt so bad last night even though she said it was fine and her feelings weren't hurt. After driving home and thinking about it more, I sent a huge email to her inviting her to join me on Monday - Saturday. She can't get away as long as I can. She said that she will keep it in mind, she has a weekend planned in April with some of her friends and then she is and my Dad are supposed to go to Pennsylvania in June to do Amish Country and such and she said that if one of those fall through or if she can get away from work she might join me. I still feel like the World's Worst Daughter. I truly thought she'd say no again so I didn't bother! We talked about Disney a bit yesterday and she seemed excited to go, maybe I can plan a trip just me and her next year. I think she would like that.

During this talk of Disney, my dad found exactly 12 pictures of Disney. The only picture of me was one of Splash Mountain. My mom and I are in the front row and I am completely buried into her shoulder, my brother has his arms up in the second row. You can't even tell it's me in the picture. I gave my Dad the mission of finding ALL of our Disney photos even if they are on slides.

I let CP (Jackie) pick out today's Favorites List since she is not feeling well.

The List of Favorites #3. Magic Kingdom.

Jen
1. Favorite MK Ride? (Seriously here, you have to ask LOL) Umm...I think its the Haunted Mansion LOL
2. Favoite MK Counter Service? CHH (loved eating there last time)
3. Favorite MK Restaurant? Well I have only eaten at CHH so for now that is it.
4. Favorite Fastpass Attraction? Mickey's Philharmagic LOL...even though you never have to use the FP LOL
5. Favorite MK Land? Liberty Square
6. Favorite touring trick/tip for the MK? I love the symbolism behind the Windows LOL and everyone must sit next to Goofy LOL
7. What are you most looking forward to in MK in May? Riding the Haunted Mansion
8. Favorite Snack in MK? The Fudge at the Confectionery
9. Your best MK moment ever? Haunted Mansion at Midnight
10. Favorite MK store to shop in? The Emporium with the Confectionery being a close second LOL

LL
1. Favorite MK Ride? Carousel of Progress, though Haunted Mansion is a very close second.
2. Favoite MK Counter Service? Casey's Corner...for now. I plan to try a few new ones in May!
3. Favorite MK Restaurant? Liberty Tree Tavern
4. Favorite Fastpass Attraction? Peter Pan's Flight
5. Favorite MK Land? Liberty Square
6. Favorite touring trick/tip for the MK? Arrive at Rope Drop and head straight to Fantasyland. It's practically empty that early in the morning.
7. What are you most looking forward to in MK in May? Riding Haunted Mansion with Jen. I think it's going to be awesome to see her reactions on our first ride.
8. Favorite Snack in MK? The only snack I had last trip was a Dole Whip but I don't think that would be my favorite. I plan to snack a lot more at MK in May. Hehehe.
9. Your best MK moment ever? Watching Spectromagic with Marc in the rocking chairs on the porch in Liberty Square.
10. Favorite MK store to shop in? The dump shop after Pirates. I love the things in there and I love the open air feel.

Only 68 Days!!
OMG! I joined your trip report awile ago and have just been lurking and reading! And I can't believe the Teddy Bear it's great! My mom did this for me and my sister's with my grandma's mink fur! I think she sent it to a lady in Canada ! I'll have to take a pic and show you I've had it about 2 or 3 yrs now!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1513
belle8306
DIS Veteran

The story about your grandmother was very touching. The bear is pretty and such a nice reminder.

I am going to have to go into the toy store in England. I don't think I have been in there recently.

We were able to see the last day of the Flower and Garden show in 2007. It was amazing and I wish that I would have had more time to explore.

We are going back sooner than I thought! I originally thought we would go in 2010 for a grand gathering with DH's family. But.... The 4/3 deal came out and we couldn't resist.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #1514
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

LL--just got caught up----love all your lists of favorites in both MK and EP!!! That is such a neat little thing to do in the PTR!!!

I think the teddy bear is such a neat way to remember your grandmother!!! I think you definitely need to name it after your grandmother!!

How cute that your Mom wants to go with you---that would be wonderful if it worked out for her to join you for part of this trip, or at least on another mother/daughter trip in the future!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #1515
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I love the bear! How incredibly thoughtful of your Aunt, and what a wonderful way for you to see the bear on a regular basis and be reminded of your Grandma.

I have to comment on her outfit too-super cute!! Love her bag too!!

I am enjoying your lists-I have to ask Jen about her tip at MK, about the windows? Are you referring to the windows on Main Street?

Fingers crossed that the bunny will still be there!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: