Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #136
BellaSwan
Mouseketeer

I am glad you got your countdown calender fixed! So I have to know what did you think of Twilight? DH and I went to the midnight showing Thrusday and we both loved it. I can't believe it but he offered to take me to see it again next Thrusday, and for him that is a huge thing. He is weird and only likes to watch movies once and I am the girl that saw Titanic in the theater 8 times.

"The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish." ~ Nathan One Tree Hill
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #137
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
OOOHH...I'm sorry you weren't feeling well..glad to hear you are starting to feel better!!! I'm also glad to hear that the countdown calendar is being returned to its former greatness...that thing was awesome by the way. I might have a huge binder but you have an amazing calendar...my NDH would probably commit me if I created one of those LOL!!
Thank you very much. I am coming out of my fog of sickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSwan View Post
I am glad you got your countdown calender fixed! So I have to know what did you think of Twilight? DH and I went to the midnight showing Thrusday and we both loved it. I can't believe it but he offered to take me to see it again next Thrusday, and for him that is a huge thing. He is weird and only likes to watch movies once and I am the girl that saw Titanic in the theater 8 times.
I loved it, I pm'd you my full opinion.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #138
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Louis.

"Sacrebleu! What is this? How on earth could I miss Such a sweet, little succulent crab, Quel dommage, what a loss! Here we go, in the sauce Now some flour, I think just a dab Now I'll stuff you with bread! It don't hurt, 'cause you're dead And you're certainly lucky you are 'Cause it's gonna be hot in my big silver pot Toodle-oo, mon poisson, au revoir!" - Louis, The Little Mermaid.

I feel like it's been forever since I've updated but in reality it's been about a week.

First things first today is......

180 days until DISNEY!!

Normally I would be telling you about all of my wonderful luck with procuring all of our desired ADR's but due to the new reservation system well we know that's going to be awhile.

This is the latest on the ADR thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly L. PA of Disney Mom's Panel
Call now for Advance Dining Reservations up until March 22nd.

As of December 1st, guests can call and make ADRS for dining up to May 10 arrivals.

The dining reservation system is undergoing an upgrade. You should call now for any ADRs that you need on March 21 or 22nd. Those reservations may be difficult to get. If you call December 1st for the remaining dates of your trip, you'll be fine as it's the first day anyone with your vacation dates can call.

Get your itinerary ready and mark your calendar!!

The dates have been changed a few times so be sure to call or watch for updates.
As my trip dates are May 23 - 30th this doesn't really help me BUT I am hoping that because it will be opening up for a good portion of May on December 1st that it will make my wait time on December 22nd that much less.

Marc & I have also come up with a game plan in making those coveted ADR's on December 22nd. Disney dining opens up at 7AM I believe. Normally I go to work at 8AM. I am going to be at work before 7AM and ready to dial right at 7AM. I am hoping that I will be able to use that hour before I officially start work and make all of our ADR's. I am going to use my calling card from work so I can put my phone on speakerphone after 8AM if I am still on hold and get some work done. I have been known to do this....

Now if I am on wait for an insane amount of time or there is some pressing matter at work that I must attend to then I will be notifying Marc who normally gets home around 9AM to get on the phone with Disney and make our ADR's. There will be a list of possible ADR's and backups and may the ADR force be with him if this comes to be.

I thank all of you who offered to help me with my ADR's and I still my ask for help if I get panicky before then but for right now I am feeling good with this plan. I am honestly not too worried about getting everything that we want except for Le Cellier. We have some flexibility with when we eat there as we are trying to get in on our first night so there you go.

I am going to take a moment to bow down to the ADR Gods in hopes that they will be smiling down on me on December 22nd.

And as promised here are some update pictures of the Countdown Calendar. BIL stopped by on Friday night and I guess he thought I was crazy. I wasn't here but he told Marc that I was insane, in that loving BIL way. He just doesn't get it.

Whatever could that be?

Hmmm...what is that?

Could that be Marc??

I love my countdown! Marc is fascinated with it as well, he's really getting into taking the days off. He never saw what was underneath so he's always investigating.

And as a little bonus here is my dear little Sully. He's so helpful isn't he?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #139
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

Neato...I can't wait to see what's under your countdown calendar too!
I love the picture of Sully
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Old 11-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #140
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I love your countdown calendar! It's so pretty and colorful and appeals to all my artistic sensibilities.

I will pray that the force is with you for your ADRs.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #141
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Your ADR plan sounds good -- I did something similar last year -- I was at work by 7am and called from my cell phone -- worked like a dream!

I love your countdown calendar -- I also love your mouse pad -- isn't that from your wedding?

Can't wait to see what is revealed as you take off the Mickey heads!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #142
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I honestly don't think that you'll have a problem getting your ADRs...good plan though. Make your Le Cellier ADR right at 7am and then tell them the rest that you want. I was unable to get an ADR for Le Cellier ALL weekend for my Feb trip but if you call right when you can, you should be fine.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #143
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Woohoo for 180 days! Geez it seems like it was 180 days for me just yesterday! (It may have really been but with so many changes I can't remember when anything was!) LOL
Old 11-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #144
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great ADR plan. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. LOVE the countdown calendar. Whatever the underlying surprise is, I like what I've seen!

180 days!! Yippee!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #145
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

I see the Land!! Awesome countdown poster
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #146
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

You totally made a a poster w/your pix. I got you figured out.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #147
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

That is the best countdown I have ever seen! I love all of the Mickey heads but to have photos underneath is so cool! I didn't realize you had the photos there. I will remember this for our someday trip! Very creative!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #148
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
Neato...I can't wait to see what's under your countdown calendar too!
I love the picture of Sully
Thanks. Sully likes to "help" me when I am on the computer. Half the time he lays right over my hand that is on the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I love your countdown calendar! It's so pretty and colorful and appeals to all my artistic sensibilities.

I will pray that the force is with you for your ADRs.
I love it too. I am quite proud of myself.
I will take all the force that I can get with my ADR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Your ADR plan sounds good -- I did something similar last year -- I was at work by 7am and called from my cell phone -- worked like a dream!

I love your countdown calendar -- I also love your mouse pad -- isn't that from your wedding?

Can't wait to see what is revealed as you take off the Mickey heads!
Oh I am glad that it has worked for you in the past. I really hope it works for me.
The mouse pad is from the wedding! I love it, especially since it was free on snapfish with a coupon code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I honestly don't think that you'll have a problem getting your ADRs...good plan though. Make your Le Cellier ADR right at 7am and then tell them the rest that you want. I was unable to get an ADR for Le Cellier ALL weekend for my Feb trip but if you call right when you can, you should be fine.
I hope so. Le Cellier is the one I will be requesting first, no ifs ands or buts about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
Woohoo for 180 days! Geez it seems like it was 180 days for me just yesterday! (It may have really been but with so many changes I can't remember when anything was!) LOL
I have no idea when you are going, I can't keep track anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like a great ADR plan. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. LOVE the countdown calendar. Whatever the underlying surprise is, I like what I've seen!

180 days!! Yippee!
Hehehe. I am glad you all like it. I made it just as much for you all as I did for Marc and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
I see the Land!! Awesome countdown poster
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
You totally made a a poster w/your pix. I got you figured out.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
That is the best countdown I have ever seen! I love all of the Mickey heads but to have photos underneath is so cool! I didn't realize you had the photos there. I will remember this for our someday trip! Very creative!!!
Thank you so much!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #149
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Have you seen this deary?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...8/ref=dp_olp_2

Does Marc need a hint? What's his FB? I'll tell him...
Old 11-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #150
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Have you seen this deary?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...8/ref=dp_olp_2

Does Marc need a hint? What's his FB? I'll tell him...
Hehehe. I already have it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: