Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
captnJacksmommy
Earning My Ears

Please Honey! Lets take the baby to wdw this summer!!! Pretty Please!!!

Welcome to my first trip report! As you can tell from the title there was a lot of begging from me. I begged and bugged and wined my way to what I wanted! Before I go to far into our plans let me introduce my cast..
Me- 27. I am a shm, disboard lurker! I love anything Disney. I grew up just a few miles from Disneyland. My parents used to take us often.
Dh-30. Makes Gasoline products. Not really a big wdw fan. I know what your thinking WHAT!!! My thoughts exactly! He loves me and likes to make me happy!
Ds-2. By far the light of my life! Loves Mickey Mouse, Little Eniestines. So exicted to go to mickeys house! He pottyed trained in 4 days when I told him that Mickey wont let him in if he has a pull up on! That was a month ago and we have been free and clear of accidents! Wohoo!!!!

How it all started.....
Around Christmas I started hinting to my dh that I was in need of a WDW trip. I got on line looked around at prices. Dh said no way we are not going this year, we cant afford it. I let it go for awhile, then I get this wonderful email telling me all about buy 3 get 4 free. I tell my husband that night when he got home, still a no go. Argh now I love this man but come on!!! Thats such a great deal. I hate missing out on good deals. So I call my big sister and complain about what a turd my husband is, I mean geesh!! We have the money plus we are getting a Hugh tax refund!!!! DBS and I start talking about how cool it would be if we could plan a trip together. DBS has a timeshare in orlando, she says that we could stay there with her and her 2 kids. I told her I would talk to dh about it. About 30 min. after hanging up with Dbs she calls back to tell me that WDW is doing a Milatry deal. She tells me that she can get 5 -5 day passes for $ 99 each. Dbil is inthe mariens and currently in Iraq. (please pray for his safe return in october). So When dh getd home I tell him the deal and he says "I dont want to go, but you and Ds Can go. How much will it cost me?" What?!?!? So I get the go ahead call my sister and we make our plans. About 3 weeks go by and my husband says " I think I want to go with you . I dont want to miss out on ds first trip." So I call my sister and tell her the news. She said well I guess we need to upgrade the room!

This is where I have to stop. I have housework to do. I'll try and get more up later today!
Next trip , will hubby go to wdw?

Party of 16 please our first trip to wdw(No kids allowed trip) June 8-15th staying offsite

June13-20 staying offsite. Our Ds first trip to Mickeys house!!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

I'm in..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
captnJacksmommy
Earning My Ears

welcome aboard!

Party of 16 please our first trip to wdw(No kids allowed trip) June 8-15th staying offsite

Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
captnJacksmommy
Earning My Ears

Part 2: Just make up your mind already!

We went ahead and got our own room at my sisters timeshare. We got a realy good deal, $350 for a week. Dbs and I go about making new plans to include Dh. About 1 week in to our planning our Dm wants to go. So we have to redo all of our plans to include Dm. No bigdeal right! Well dh gets home one day and says " I dont think I want to go!" What in the world! I could kill the man! So I tell him he has 2 days to decide because I could still get a full refund on the room and we hadnt bought our tickets yet. Two days go by and I still get I dont know,I dont really like WDW, and its going to be so hot. I tell him to suck it up this is Our ds first trip to disney you cant miss it beisdes he is very exicted forhis daddy to go. After about a week he says " I want this to be a realxing trip, not like last year. I want to sleep in and not go to the parks everyday!" Now let me give you a little back story here... Last year we went with his whole family. We never once made it to a rope drop, most days we were lucky if we got there by lunch. Granted there were 16 of us to get moving but my gosh. I made our only 2 adrs the whole trip, and than my dmil complains that she is sick of eating fast food! There was no planning on anyones part execpt for me. Needless to say it was a very stressfull trip and I was strong handed in to leaving ds home for the week by dsil. Her thinking was so dh and I could have some alone time together. Yeah stinking right. Alone time, not even in our room could we find alone time. Okay back to this trip..... So I very nicely tell my dh there we will make rope drop every single day and head back mid after noon for a nap/ swim only if ds needs it. We will be taking my niece and nephew to Disney quest while my mom and big sis watch ds. Also that we will have one day with no where to go and that will be his lazy day. He said fine what ever but I'm not going to the water park with you. I want to have a few rest days. I tell him thats fine by me but when he wants to leave the parks for the afternoon and I dont want to he takes ds with him.
This is where I stop for now, got to get little guy ready for daycare.
next up: so where should we make adrs at this time

Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great start so far! Sounds like you guys have a neat trip going already...I hope your husband can decide soon and not tell you, like, a week before you leave that all of a sudden he wants to go!

Can't wait to hear more - what ADRs did you do on your last trip? Where do you think you want to go this time?

Have a great weekend!
Katie

Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
captnJacksmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great start so far! Sounds like you guys have a neat trip going already...I hope your husband can decide soon and not tell you, like, a week before you leave that all of a sudden he wants to go!

Can't wait to hear more - what ADRs did you do on your last trip? Where do you think you want to go this time?

Have a great weekend!
Katie
Thanks for joing us! Last year we got a late start on planning. With 16 people it was hard to nail down where everyone wanted to eat. The whole group ate at Raglin road one night. It was great. We also had breakfast at Wcc, it was a lt of fun and the food was very good. My husband and I ate at Prime Time Cafe for lunch, It too was good, but you have to make sure you eat your veggies! I dislike stringbeans and couldnt eat them and had to sing Im a little teapot. This trip we are doing, Hollywood and vine for lunch so ds can meet Leo and June, the new t rex place, Wcc for lunch. I didnt want to plan to many sit down meals.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:18 AM   #7
captnJacksmommy
Earning My Ears

umm maybe Ill just stay home!!

Thats right, about 6 days ago dh comes home and says, maybe I'll just stay home and save my vacy time. I told him that was no longer an option. So he's going!!! Yeah! So here I am 10 days from leaving and guess what? I have nothing packed! I dont even have our suitcases down yet. I do have tote that has things like sunscreen,beach towels, and a few new outfits for ds,new socks and undies for the whole family. I did however make all of out adrs about 3 weeks ago. I figured if we were one short they wouldnt care. well dsis waking up I can hear him in his room, I better get a move on breakfast before its too late.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: