Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Is it Time Yet? Now...now...now?

When my second daughter was born in June of 2006, I told my DH that as soon as she was old enough to enjoy meeting the characters at WDW we should take a trip there. Little did I know the two-and-a-half year adventure I was embarking on. I spent the whole fall of 2006 learning what I would need to learn and since then, have obsessively planned our trip.

Well, my DD is 2 1/2 now and my other DD is 5, so the time must be right. We leave on January 31 at 7:45 am from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport, heading for warmer climes. The participants range from dubious (my DH-Grumpy ), to complacent (DD2-Tinkerbell ), to eager (DD5- Aurora ), to over-the-op enthusiastic (that would be me-Princess Sleepy ). Our itinerary is ambitious, but not impossible (I hope).

1/31: Arrive at the Poly, staying in a park-view room (thank you buy 4, get 3). Dinner reservations at Kona Cafe.

2/1: Morning at the Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Naptime. Evening at Epcot, with dinner at the Biergarten.

2/2: DHS all day, with a rest period in the afternoon before returning for dinner at Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic Package!).

2/3: Princess breakfast at Akershus, mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens, an afternoon at the Poly, and dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge.

2/4: AK all day. Any quick service lunch recommendations? Then back home to the Poly for dinner at Ohana.

2/5: MK again today: Frontierland and Adventureland in the morning, lunch at Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends, back to see Toontown in the afternoon, dinner at the Plaza (is this better than Tony's? ), and the evening parade.

2/6: Sleep in, then have a nice breakfast at the Kona Cafe. Can't wait to try that Tonga Toast Spend the morning by the pool. (Hey, we're from MN. It has to be really cold to discourage us from swimming.) Head over to Epcot in the early afternoon. Do a few attractions in Future World, head towards USA via Canada and England. Then head out the back gate to catch a bus to DTD. Dinner at the Earl of Sandwich followed by dessert at Ghiardelli. Mmmmmm.

2/7: Morning at Epcot (finally get to do Soarin') then a quick lunch and pack. Hit MK for the afternoon parade and some last favorites. Philharmagic opens back up today. After the fireworks we will hit a late dinner at Chef Mickey's to say goodbye.

2/8: Our flight leaves Orlando at 6:30 am, so we will have catch the Magical Express in the middle of the night. Then I guess I come home and enter my trip report and start planning the next adventure. (Thanksgiving 2011, here we come!!!)

Hope you will check back to see my trip report. I can also use some last minute input from more experienced DISers before we head out. It's been 15 years since my last trip to the World and the rest of my family is going for the first time.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy

Last edited by Princess Sleepy; 01-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: