Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
therealgoofy
Mouseketeer

Bummer Trip Report 12/27 - 1/2

My wife and I went to WDW for Xmas break this year. We stayed at the Swan hotel and absolutely loved it. The first two days of our trip we were able to do all of Epcot and all of Hollywood Studios. We even got in some drinking at the monorail resorts. Unfortunately, on our 3rd day I got the stomach flu and it kept me in bed for the remainder of our 7 day vacation. The Swan was absolutely awesome during a time that I wish that I was dead. My poor wife was awesome as well. We ended up coming back a day early because we were able to change our flight. It was a total bummer trip, but gives us a reason to go back sometime soon.

Highlights:
Les Chefs de France
Dinner at the Japan Showcase. I can't remember the name of it but it's the restaurant that overlooks the lake. We watched Illumniations from our table. It was so awesome.
Fastpasses- the parks were completely out of control after about noon each day. Luckily, we knew what we were doing and had an awesome gameplan each day.
Swan service- the hotel was simply awesome.
Lights Camera Action Stunt Show We had always skipped this show, but it's incredible. I'm so glad that we saw it. I'm not even a 'car guy', but they show is really well done.
Single Rider Line on Rock n Roller Coaster and Test Track- enough said

Lowlights
Being sick in the happiest place on earth
Missing the fireworks on NYE from our balcony because I was too ill to get up. My wife said that they were amazing.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
disneycruiser2007
Earning My Ears

Sorry things didn't go so well for you. At least your outlook is positive and you had a first two good days. The stomache virus was going around a lot during that time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Hey, I live in Austin too and we were just there from Jan 1-7. We had a good time but I agree that the parks were out of control after about noon. The only day that really affected us was on our second day. We went to Animal Kingdom and had to leave before doing the Safaris because it was too crowded- and that was with a Fast Pass!

I'm so sorry you were sick. That is a big bummer! Hopefully you will be able to go back soon.

The Mau Ohana Me, DH, DD (12), DD(10), DS (6), DD (4)
Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
audeodream
Earning My Ears

I was surprised at the size of the crowds as well

There were 7 people in our party and two came down with the "stomach bug" that is going through Disney. They were pretty much out of commission for the entire trip. This was my first time going in January (1-6) I normally go in late May or June. I was completely surprised at the amount of people that were there I thought this was the off-season. It seemed to us that we rode fewer rides and got a lot less done this trip than ever before because of the shorter hours and reduced everything. A friend of the family that works for Disney said that right now that only 25% of the crowds that were there are from the US right now. I guess our economies loss is a gain for others that want to experience the Disney magic?!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by audeodream View Post
There were 7 people in our party and two came down with the "stomach bug" that is going through Disney. They were pretty much out of commission for the entire trip. This was my first time going in January (1-6) I normally go in late May or June. I was completely surprised at the amount of people that were there I thought this was the off-season. It seemed to us that we rode fewer rides and got a lot less done this trip than ever before because of the shorter hours and reduced everything. A friend of the family that works for Disney said that right now that only 25% of the crowds that were there are from the US right now. I guess our economies loss is a gain for others that want to experience the Disney magic?!
Man! I'm glad we managed to avoid the bug.

We saw tons of Brazilians while we were there.

The Mau Ohana Me, DH, DD (12), DD(10), DS (6), DD (4)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: