Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #692
StefnMike
Mouseketeer

Great trip report. I can't wait to read the rest. I hope the magic came back for you.

WDW - ???? in planning
WDW - 1991 Magic Music Days
WDW - 1985
WDW - 1980

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2gj8l6yik3oxh.png[/img]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #693
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

'Lil Stinker!!

This is why the Lord made them so cute and cuddly when they're little...

Sorry he gave you such a hard time at `Ohana, but at least you all got to eat desert together!

Kathy
Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #694
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #695
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter, Heidi! Hope the Easter Bunny brings Liam lots of great goodies!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #696
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

so sorry your trip wasn't turning out how you hoped it would. How cute is he lying there though? Makes you forget the trouble they are eh?

Hope your red pen changes turn things around for you.

I know what you mean about DH taking him away from a situation too fast. Its hard for them to get used to this type of thing if they are always taken straight away.
I sometimes think that if kids cry at something and you whip them away you are reaffirming that there is a reason to cry. Kind of like - i don't like this - oh Daddy is taking me away so I was right - it must be bad afterall. Not well explained but you see what I mean.

So hard to find a middle ground though isn't it?

Not nice to hear you were choking back the tears in Ohanas. Happened to me once when DH and I went just after we got married. we were supposed to go with his best man and his girlfriend but then they broke up so he brought a friend (another guy). DH was great but dragging those 2 round was a nightmare (didn't much like his best man at the best of times). We were at AK and I really wanted to see Festival of the Lion King for the first time. They made it clear they really didn't but instead of doing something else they came too and sulked like 2 year olds. I remember very clearly sitting there fighting tears wishing it was all so different and it was just DH and I. You should never feel like that at Disney!

Can't wait to hear about what happened next.

Oh, and Happy Easter!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #697
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter everyone!

Hope things get better for you & your family
Old 04-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #698
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh dear. I fell horribly behind again. But I will say that it is nice to get all caught up in one concentrated bit of an afternoon!

Glad you enjoyed Beaches 'n Cream (other than the onion rings!). You got some great shots of the Boardwalk area and Crescent Lake. I'm still bummed we were there at the same time and didn't know it to meet. I wonder if we passed eachother? Can't believe so many kitchen sinks were ordered while you were there... who can actually eat those???

Good for you rallying after the vomit incident! You got some great deals at Downtown Disney.

I am so very, very sorry about your dog, Bailey. I know how heartbreaking that is.

Oy on the O'Hana dinner. I've heard that the entertainer there is not so good. So sorry Liam was afraid. And what was your waitress thinking with the maraca?? But as Jackie said, she redeemed herself with the dessert on the beach concept.

Your ticker says 21 days 'til baby!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #701
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad dinner. Liam looked so cute in his Hawaiian shirt. How exciting about the baby, it is so close now.
Thanks. The baby can come anyday now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
why hello......
A drive-by posting from my peep Jordan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefnMike View Post
Great trip report. I can't wait to read the rest. I hope the magic came back for you.
Thanks....I need to find some time to write the rest of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
'Lil Stinker!!

This is why the Lord made them so cute and cuddly when they're little...

Sorry he gave you such a hard time at `Ohana, but at least you all got to eat desert together!

Kathy
Thankfully Liam wasn't like that the whole time....he'd just have his meltdown and then be back to his cheerful self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Easter, Heidi! Hope the Easter Bunny brings Liam lots of great goodies!
The Easter bunny bought Liam his first thing of Play-Dough.....he only tried to eat it 3 times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
I know what you mean about DH taking him away from a situation too fast. Its hard for them to get used to this type of thing if they are always taken straight away.
I sometimes think that if kids cry at something and you whip them away you are reaffirming that there is a reason to cry. Kind of like - i don't like this - oh Daddy is taking me away so I was right - it must be bad afterall. Not well explained but you see what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean. DH has only really done this at Disney. But a couple weeks ago we went out to dinner with my in-laws. At the end of the meal when we were waiting for the bill....Liam was getting a little ansty. MIL wanted to take him away from the table and take him outside. Both DH and I wouldn't allow it for exactly your reasoning. I just re-focused his attention on something else. I think MIL is used to her other grandkids....who I have never had a meal with without them having a major issue.

Quote:
Not nice to hear you were choking back the tears in Ohanas. Happened to me once when DH and I went just after we got married. we were supposed to go with his best man and his girlfriend but then they broke up so he brought a friend (another guy). DH was great but dragging those 2 round was a nightmare (didn't much like his best man at the best of times). We were at AK and I really wanted to see Festival of the Lion King for the first time. They made it clear they really didn't but instead of doing something else they came too and sulked like 2 year olds. I remember very clearly sitting there fighting tears wishing it was all so different and it was just DH and I. You should never feel like that at Disney!
You should never feel like that ANYWHERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
Happy Easter everyone!

Hope things get better for you & your family
Thanks.... we avoided triggers as much as we could in the second half of the vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Oh dear. I fell horribly behind again. But I will say that it is nice to get all caught up in one concentrated bit of an afternoon!
I too like to have a TR to read for an afternoon.....kinda like a novel on a rainy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I hope you had a Happy Easter Heidi!
It was a relaxing day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Come on, May 3rd!!!!

How 'bout April 16th????

Old 04-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #702
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you ever freak out when you see your Ticker? I did today....24 days until I have an infant and an almost 2 yr old to take care of

You'll be fine....i just know it!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #703
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
You'll be fine....i just know it!
Yeah because I'm flying you out here to help me!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #705
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Yeah because I'm flying you out here to help me!
LOL!

Billy was born when Tricia had just turned two!! Good times!!

Kathy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: