Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #271
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Coming out of lurkdom to say hello...loving your report. Your little guy is adorable..btw! And congrats on the new baby girl.

We did Chef Mickey's our last night there in June...I wasn't impressed either. From the check in to the check. The food was just ok....liked the desserts though. The character interaction was ok....but this was our last night there...and the kids had already had the first experiences earlier in the week. I'm sorry Liam was so scared.

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #272
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR. You had me when you said diet coke was the exilir of life! Sorry about Chef Mickey's. When a meal goes bad with a two year old, it really goes bad. Can't wait for the next update!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #273
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Here are the pictures I took while we waited for our room.

Any bets on what time it is before we get into our room????
I miss staying at the CBR.....You took some great pics.....
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #274
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up...if Chef's isn't the worst....yikes....

Travelling with a small one can be unpredictable when it comes to meals.....
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #275
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up. Great pictures and updates. I felt so bad while I was reading about Chef Mickey's. I can't believe the other characters didn't realize how scared Liam was.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #276
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

sorry Heidi got a little behind there...

1st thanks for the props about my TR and toddler info

For your's glad you're keep it rolling along and putting in little updates about your "carrot"

Sorry you had some minor and major busts on Day 2....

Aldine my oldest DD is SO into horses...if she still is the next time we go, it may be worth a quick detour over to FWC to show her the barn and the picture display thanks for including that!

AHH not sitting on the bus, brings back memories of our trip

I'm so glad Liam loved the pool and sand, he even got his face wet...what fun!

I'm so sorry about CM that is such a shame, the table location, Liam hating the characters, and other stuff, man that must just leave a sour taste in your mouth for the upcoming dinning. I hope he warms up to them.

We've eaten there twice, back in 98 (no kids) and 05 w/ kids, but we had a great time each time, they were both bfasts. sorry

and thanks for the H & L lights of your day that is a great TR writing tip helps you remember everything too.

Looking forward to more as always, but must save all my CHrist mas cd's from Margaret

Scrappie
Old 01-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #277
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

oh almost forgot...

Question for you...feel free to pm if easier or maybe there are others thinking like me....

The GPS. How accurate was it for you finding your way in and around WDW and such?

DH just got one for Christmas from my parents. One of the options we are toying w/ for our next WDW adventure is staying on property but using a rental van for some of our transportation and a stop to the grocery store, etc.

Plus how much extra did you have to budget in for parking and such?

thanks!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #278
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
I was very fortunate and dodged the scared of characters bullet with DD4, for the most part, and can only imagine the upheaval it can add to your trip plans
Oh that wasn't even the worst of it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All caught up! So sorry Chef Mickey's was like lighting your money on fire. That stinks!

On a happier note, Liam is adorable in every single photo you take!

And I think you may have sold me on CBR!
Thank you about Liam.

I can imagine you relaxing on one of those CBR hammocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
Coming out of lurkdom to say hello...loving your report. Your little guy is adorable..btw! And congrats on the new baby girl.
Thanks for de-lurking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Enjoying your TR. You had me when you said diet coke was the exilir of life! Sorry about Chef Mickey's. When a meal goes bad with a two year old, it really goes bad. Can't wait for the next update!
I toast you with a bottle of Diet Coke for the new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm all caught up...if Chef's isn't the worst....yikes....

Travelling with a small one can be unpredictable when it comes to meals.....
Well Hello stranger.....how long you in town for???

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm finally caught up. Great pictures and updates. I felt so bad while I was reading about Chef Mickey's. I can't believe the other characters didn't realize how scared Liam was.
Donald Duck won a place in my heart that night.....Goofy's on the you-know-what list with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Question for you...feel free to pm if easier or maybe there are others thinking like me....

The GPS. How accurate was it for you finding your way in and around WDW and such?

DH just got one for Christmas from my parents. One of the options we are toying w/ for our next WDW adventure is staying on property but using a rental van for some of our transportation and a stop to the grocery store, etc.

Plus how much extra did you have to budget in for parking and such?

thanks!
I thought the GSP did a great job of getting us around. It was very helpful getting us back to the airport because I could actually pick which Terminal (A or B) that I wanted. We did stop using it to get around Disney after a few days because the signage was enough to get us where we needed to go.

We didn't have to pay for parking at the theme parks because we were Disney resort guests....you get a parking pass at check-in. Valet parking is $10 a day at the deluxe resorts. Which I very much enjoyed and would do again.

We went thru a little less then a full tank of gas for the 10 days. Tolls are 75 cents each....I think there are two tolls from the airport to WDW property and of course more tolls if you travel around a bit.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #279
nat1234
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your tr report so far. Your pictures are wonderful. And Liam is a doll. Thanks for the info about the GPS. We're thinking of driving down to Disney on our next trip and will be using a GPS to help us find our way. Unfortunately, I don't think the mouse ears are visible up here in Canada.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #281
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
I'm loving your tr report so far. Your pictures are wonderful. And Liam is a doll. Thanks for the info about the GPS. We're thinking of driving down to Disney on our next trip and will be using a GPS to help us find our way. Unfortunately, I don't think the mouse ears are visible up here in Canada.
All roads lead to Mickey Mouse so don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
H,

Hopefully I'll be around long enough to finish my TR ....
I've looked for you on Facebook but can never find you.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #282
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Signing on!

I stumbled across your TR today and went back and read the entire - yes ENTIRE - pre-trippie first. Needless to say, not much got done around my house tonight! I've just finished your TR so far and am absolutely loving it!

Liam is so adorable and my DH thinks that we are long lost sisters because of the similarities in our OCD Disney trip planning! He thinks I'm the only one that prints out a bunch of different budget comparrison spreadsheets and possible itineraries to obsess over. (Can you tell he hasn't spent much time on the DIS?)

Also, I'm 36 and while my DS is MUCH older than yours (he turned 16 a few days ago!) we are expecting baby #2 in May! I'm 19.5 weeks and we also found out that we're having........a GIRL!

We were planning on going back to WDW last year but spent a zillion dollars in fertility treatments, so that pretty much tapped us out. We're skipping 2009 because DH thinks it's too early to take a baby since we wouldn't be able to go back again the next year. Of course, I'm already planning our 2010 trip when she is a little over 1!

Keep up the great updates and can't wait to hear more!

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #283
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofdisney View Post

Also, I'm 36 and while my DS is MUCH older than yours (he turned 16 a few days ago!) we are expecting baby #2 in May! I'm 19.5 weeks and we also found out that we're having........a GIRL!

Congrats!!!! That is so very exciting....you must be thrilled. Are you feeling the baby move a lot? Just in the last two weeks mine had really increased her kicking and such.

I'm 23 weeks along and the baby is the size of a large mango!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #284
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm 23 weeks along and the baby is the size of a large mango!
Don't laugh, but I almost bought a mango at the grocery store today!

To think that's how big the baby is!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #285
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm, mangos! One of my favorite tropical fruits!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: