Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #256
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy time at Chef Mickeys. What a bummer. I can only imagine what Liam was thinking when these huge "things" came up to him!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #257
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Okay, here's my confession for the day: I was not impressed with Chef Mickey's food or atmosphere either when we ate there in June. Not one bit. It was loud, chaotic, and everything seemed rushed. I was not impressed with their food at all -- the dessert buffet was the only thing I really liked. I don't see us doing it again, but I am glad that I can say that we've done it once.

I am so sorry that your experience was so miserable. Poor Liam. I hope he gets used to the characters.
You know I liked Chef Mickey's in 2002 when I went with my girlfriend...but Disney dinning has changed a lot since then....
I just don't think I care all that much for character dinning, because I still haven't given up on buffets or all you can eat table meals. I suggest Cape May Buffet for dinner if you need a restaurant for June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm sorry you had such a crappy time at Chef Mickeys. What a bummer. I can only imagine what Liam was thinking when these huge "things" came up to him!
I think half of it was the waste of money on a so-so meal because we had some very good counter service meals for a fracton of the cost of Chef Mickey's. And the other half was that I was (still am) mad at myself for not trying to correct the situation when we got the bad table, which is unlike me in real life, and for being in sort of a daze with the whole Goofy thing.

Last edited by MRYPPNS; 12-31-2008 at 01:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #258
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear that your meal at Chef Mickeys went so badly. For what you pay that's just terrible.

Glad to hear the new baby is doing well though!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 12-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #259
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
You know I liked Chef Mickey's in 2002 when I went with my girlfriend...but Disney dinning has changed a lot since then....
I just don't think I care all that much for character dinning, because I still haven't given up on buffets or all you can eat table meals. I suggest Cape May Buffet for dinner if you need a restaurant for June.
Our character buffets in June are going to be all breakfasts -- Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace (maybe), and Tusker House (maybe again).

Part of me wants to go Lara's route and do the quick service meal plan with just a couple of table services -- I think Charles would mutiny on me though.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #260
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm so upset that Liam had a bad experience at Chef Mickey's! Poor guy! And I love the idea of bringing along the disposable place mats!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #261
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that your meal at Chef Mickeys went so badly. For what you pay that's just terrible.

Glad to hear the new baby is doing well though!
I read a lot of food review here on the DIS and I always find that the worst reviews of the food come when the reviewer had something wrong happen at the meal that didn't really have to with the food. I think that's the case here as well because none of the food I had was bad....but nothing was memorable. When I go to a buffet I don't over load my plate because I plan to go back up over and over again. So my first plate was basically salad and rolls. The second was meat and potatoes. And that's about all I had time for except my little plate of desserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Our character buffets in June are going to be all breakfasts -- Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace (maybe), and Tusker House (maybe again).

Part of me wants to go Lara's route and do the quick service meal plan with just a couple of table services -- I think Charles would mutiny on me though.
I was thinking the same thing myself as I've been sitting here thinking about our Disney Dinning from the last trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm so upset that Liam had a bad experience at Chef Mickey's! Poor guy! And I love the idea of bringing along the disposable place mats!
I love those disposable mats.....they go everywhere with us. I'm not a germ aphobe but it I can't smell bleach I don't trust that a table have really been cleaned.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #262
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Oh, hon.

It pains me to read that. I feel so badly for you, because I now know what it's like when your child wants none of those characters.

I must say that Chef Mickey's was quite a bummer for you guys! I have to tell you, though, I've had success there. If you would ever consider it again, the best time we've found to go, is for the last breakfast seating (also cheaper) of the day. At this time, that little room you were in, isn't as crowded, because people are finishing up. I noticed more care with our characters, so that could just have been the day.

I hope you had at least one nice meal on this trip!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #263
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry that Chef Mickey's was so disappointing. I hope that your meals and character experiences get better.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #264
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear CMs was so disappointing! I'll have to give our seating some thought before we go... I didn't realize there was a small room upstairs? At first I was thinking the smaller area might be good for my boys, but then when you talked about the character visits being a distraction for the whole time they are in the room, I re-thought that idea... Hmmm... I'm thinking up against a wall in the main dining area would be best for us??

I hope Liam warmed up to the characters and you guys found yourselves a good meal at some point.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #265
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, hon.

It pains me to read that. I feel so badly for you, because I now know what it's like when your child wants none of those characters.

I must say that Chef Mickey's was quite a bummer for you guys! I have to tell you, though, I've had success there. If you would ever consider it again, the best time we've found to go, is for the last breakfast seating (also cheaper) of the day. At this time, that little room you were in, isn't as crowded, because people are finishing up. I noticed more care with our characters, so that could just have been the day.

I hope you had at least one nice meal on this trip!
I was prepared for Liam to not like the characters....what I wasn't prepared for was that he couldn't be in the same room as them!

I actually care for breakfast buffets even less. I find them to be a waste of money/not great dinning credit value. I guess I'm a greasy small diner kinda gal for breakfast! We had a place in college that you had to wait outside in line to get a table for breakfast and it was the best food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm sorry that Chef Mickey's was so disappointing. I hope that your meals and character experiences get better.

Happy New Year!
I'll just say that there were so more surprises (good and bad) when it comes to meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry to hear CMs was so disappointing! I'll have to give our seating some thought before we go... I didn't realize there was a small room upstairs? At first I was thinking the smaller area might be good for my boys, but then when you talked about the character visits being a distraction for the whole time they are in the room, I re-thought that idea... Hmmm... I'm thinking up against a wall in the main dining area would be best for us??

I hope Liam warmed up to the characters and you guys found yourselves a good meal at some point.
The calmest place in Chef Mickey's seemed to be the row of booths/tables along the wall and next to the left side buffet line (not in the big room). That's where I wish we would have been.

I know there are rehabbing Chef Mickey's, just don't know when.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #266
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had a place in college that you had to wait outside in line to get a table for breakfast and it was the best food!

What was the name of that place? Are you talking about that tiny place in Dover? That place was so good!

The calmest place in Chef Mickey's seemed to be the row of booths/tables along the wall and next to the left side buffet line (not in the big room). That's where I wish we would have been.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

I know there are rehabbing Chef Mickey's, just don't know when.
Hmmm... it must be after we are there in April - I haven't heard anything about that yet.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #267
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
I was prepared for Liam to not like the characters....what I wasn't prepared for was that he couldn't be in the same room as them!
So frustrating!

Quote:
I actually care for breakfast buffets even less. I find them to be a waste of money/not great dinning credit value. I guess I'm a greasy small diner kinda gal for breakfast! We had a place in college that you had to wait outside in line to get a table for breakfast and it was the best food!
That's so funny! When I'm on vacation, I LOVE a good breakfast buffet. And this is most likely due to the fact that we're not big breakfast eaters at home, you know? So I love a good breakfast buffet. Plus, my son eats so well at buffets, because there are so many choices. It's nice to not have to worry about what carp we have to order for him off the kids menu.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #268
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hmmm... it must be after we are there in April - I haven't heard anything about that yet.
Wasn't the place in Dover called Jake's???? Can you all tell that Amy and I went to the same college!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
So frustrating!

That's so funny! When I'm on vacation, I LOVE a good breakfast buffet. And this is most likely due to the fact that we're not big breakfast eaters at home, you know? So I love a good breakfast buffet. Plus, my son eats so well at buffets, because there are so many choices. It's nice to not have to worry about what carp we have to order for him off the kids menu.
I did like not having to paid for Liam to eat at the buffets....that was nice.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #269
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

So sorry Chef Mickey's was a bust! I remember not being overly impressed with it a few years ago...

I try to do most of my buffets at breakfast now but that has more to do with my picky eaters...

I was very fortunate and dodged the scared of characters bullet with DD4, for the most part, and can only imagine the upheaval it can add to your trip plans

Old 01-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #270
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All caught up! So sorry Chef Mickey's was like lighting your money on fire. That stinks!

On a happier note, Liam is adorable in every single photo you take!

And I think you may have sold me on CBR!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: