Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #31
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

Love reading about your trip. The pictures have been great.

You must've carried some sort of notepad through the parks with you to remember all of the costs?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #32
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFan4Life View Post
Great repost coming here, glad that you had a great trip. All of the pics are awesome. Looking forward in hearing more from you.

Have a nice day everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd328 View Post
Great report!! Subscribing!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowBelle View Post
Love reading about your trip. The pictures have been great.

You must've carried some sort of notepad through the parks with you to remember all of the costs?
Thanks for reading along!! I saved all of my receipts, and kept a log/diary at night. Otherwise, I'd have absolutely NO idea what things had cost. My memory definitly is not that good!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #33
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 28th - Day 9

We were up around 8:00 this morning. We were leaving Disney World again this morning. We had planned to go to the Showcase of Citrus, for a monster truck ride and orange-picking. I called the Showcase of Citrus shortly after 9:00, to confirm our ride. We changed the time from 10:00 to 11:00, as it was a bit chilly. We got the privilege of experiencing one of Orlando's coldest Octobers! It had gotten down to 41 that morning! YIKES! It was about 55 when I was talking to the folks at the Showcase of Citrus.

We headed out, and got a little turned around, but did eventually find the place. We took one wrong turn early in the trip, but found our way. If we hadn't gotten turned around, the trip would have taken about 15 minutes

We made it to the Showcase of Citrus and had to wait just a few minutes for our ride. We had another couple riding with us. They were from New Hampshire. The ride was wonderful. Partway through, we stopped in a pasture with some cows and got to feed them some oranges. DD had a blast doing that. Total cost for the Monster Truck ride was $70.00 ($20 per adult and $10 for the kiddo). This really wasn't too bad, as the ride lasted close to an hour!

A little alligator friend in one of the small ponds along the tour...

After the ride, we had some samples of a few fruits. DD has decided that she loves yellow navel oranges. We went to the orchards and picked a small bag full of yellow navels and another small bag full of tangerines. We also picked two giant palmetto fruits – one for us and one DH's mom. DH picked two oranges and we ate them right in the orchard, and Mom picked another one and devoured it. The guy who had given us the samples told us to go ahead and taste some while picking, if we wanted to. Total cost for our fruit was $28.00.

I LOVE this picture. DD has her hands on her hips, telling Grandma she's not supposed to be eating the oranges yet. DD didn't realize the person working there said we could...

Mom just LOVED the fresh oranges.

We stopped for gas - $20.00. Gas was $2.54/gallon.

We stopped at a Golden Corral on 192 for lunch. They had things like grilled cheese sandwiches and patty melts on the buffet! Totally unlike anything we see in NY. We all found something to eat here that we enjoyed. I honestly don't remember specifics though. Bad reporter, I know. Total for lunch was $40.48. There was a gift shop attached to the restaurant. You entered the gift shop through a turnstile. We bought a t-shirt for me, a mug for Grandma Stratton, a hat for DD, and a pick a pearl necklace kit for my sister. Total cost here $51.31. They gave us a stretchy shell bracelet as a gift.

We went back to the resort to veg for a bit. DH called his mom, and DD talked to her also. While DD was on the phone (she was just outside the room, as reception wasn't great in the room), we heard a tapping on the door. We thought DD had shut the door all the way and couldn't get back in. We opened it and saw this:

We had two beggars! Even though we probably shouldn't have, we gave the little guys some popcorn. DD and Mom thought that was just the neatest.

continued in next post

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

Old 03-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #34
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 28th - Day 9, continued

We headed out around 5:15 pm. We waited for a bus for about fifteen minutes.

We were going back to Epcot!

Once we got there, we went on Spaceship Earth. There was about a 5 minute wait for that.

We stopped into the camera shop. I was going to pick up some batteries (as my camera was still eating them), but decided not to. DD found a Goofy keychain for her aunt - $4.80. Mom also found the castle knick-knack she wanted. It’s a little castle with Micky and Tinkerbell, that has a place to hold a picture. Then we went and rode Universe of Energy. Again, about a five minute wait. After that, we stopped and got a large hot chocolate for $4.75. Ouch! Mom also got a coffee. Real coffee, she said. We then walked through part of the world showcase. We got DD a Churro with chocolate sauce (two small pieces) for $2.50 (from the Mexican stand). I got a pierogi (only one! With 2 pieces of keilbasa) for $4.50 (from the Poland stand). This was a little misleading. The menu said "Perogies and Keilbasa" which to me means more than one perogi. Plural. Oh, well. It was tasty.

We headed back for the bus. There was a bus there as we walked up, but it was packed – not even standing room left. We waited about another 7 minutes for a bus.

When we got back, DD and I took the shuttle to Old Port Royale. She got a kids pizza with milk and 2 sides of grapes. She also got a piece of chocolate cake. I got a tuna sandwich with chips. We refilled our mugs, also. Total cost here was $17.22. The other two weren't hungry, and just had toast. This tuna sandwich was GREAT! The bread was tasty, and the tuna was just right -- not too dry, or too much dressing. And HUGE! Yummy....

We just vegged around the room and went to sleep fairly early.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #35
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin your trip report. I also like your picture of the ladies room at the World's Largest McDonald's! We went there a couple years ago, and I had always wished I'd have gotten a picture of that!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
Old 03-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #36
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 29th - Day 10

I had set a wake-up call for 7:15. We got Stitch. Sort of. It only gave part of the message, and cut off in the middle. We got up and around, and were at the bus stop at 8:45 or so. We only waited about ten minutes for a bus.

Today was a Hollywood Studios morning. We went straight to Toy Story Midway Mania. I got some fast passes (that we never ended up using!!!). I got the fast passes at about 9:20, and the return time was 11:30! We got in the standby line. I don't remember the posted wait time, but we only waited about fifteen minutes. The ride was great! A lot of fun.

Haha -- I beat Mom!!! Not bad accuracy, if I do say so myself!

Right across the walkway, DD got her pictures with Buzz and Woody, as well as some photo ops while in line.

I like this one -- looks like she's being dragged out of the crane game...

We walked around a bit. I didn’t realize that the park opened at 9:00, but a lot of the attractions didn’t open until 10:30.

DD got her pictures with Lightning McQueen and Mater.

We saw the Muppets 3D show, after about a five minute wait. This was cute.

We stopped at Pizza Planet for lunch. DH and I had pepperoni pizzas, Mom had the salad that came with one of the pizza meals, and DD had a cheese pizza kids meal. Total cost here was $24.34. I'm not sure when this changed, but Pizza Planet now DOES have a separate kids menu. This didn't effect us at all, but may make a difference to anyone on the dining plan. The only thing kids could get was a cheese pizza.

We walked around a bit more. The Little Mermaid line was WAY too long, so we went on the Great Movie Ride. We liked this one. We had a good guide - he was really funny.

I stopped at a cart and got Mom and DD a premium Mickey bar. Total cost $5.00.

We walked toward Rock’n Roller Coaster. I got fast passes for this. We went on Tower of Terror again. Wait time was about ten to fifteen minutes. Not bad.

DD was in a hurry to get in here!

We decided to get in the standby line for Rock’n’Roller coaster, as our fast pass time was a while away. We were only in line for about a half hour, if that. Great, as usual.

We stopped at a cart and got a frozen lemonade, and a pretzel and cheese. Total cost here was $7.55.

We decided to just head out of the park.

Just before we left, we gave our three unused Rock’n Roller coaster fast passes to three guys (looked like a father and two teenage sons) who were getting a photo pass picture.

continued in next post...

Old 03-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #37
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 29th - Day 10 continued

We only waited about five minutes for the bus. We vegged a bit in the room, then decided to go to the Magic Kingdom. We got on the bus at around 5:00, after a five minute wait.

DD got her hair cut at the barber shop. They don't do appointments, and we got lucky. We only had to wait in line behind the people currently getting their hair done. As we were there, the line got several people deep. Diane trimmed DD's hair well, and put green gel and mickey confetti in her hair. Total cost $14.00 plus tip.

We walked back to see Tink, but the posted wait time was 90 minutes again. We couldn’t do that and still get a good seat for the parade. I got a frozen lemonade for $3.51.

We rode Goofy’s Barnstormer with a five to ten minute wait. Cute ride, but not really worth the wait, unless you have little ones that want to try a "thrill" ride.

We walked the back path to Tomorrowland. DD wanted to ride Space Mountain again, so we jumped in line. Wait was less than fifteen minutes. I bought her one of those tags with her name on it on the way out, with a lanyard. Cost $8.47.

We headed toward the Castle, to get a spot to watch the parade. We got a nice, front-row spot! It was right on the hub, too. We got to see the Dream Come True castle show from where we were.

This picture shows exactly how far we were from the castle. Makes the close-ups look not-too-bad...

I got a tub of popcorn, a bottle of coke and a frozen banana. Total cost $8.50. We saw the Spectro parade up close and personal.

The Queen of Hearts got right in Mom’s face, and gave her the “I’m Watching You” gesture. It was hilarious!

This picture captures the magic of the entire trip. My mom has LOVED Alice in Wonderland since she was a child. Especially the Queen of Hearts. I wish the picture was better, but it happened so quickly. I'm glad I got a shot of it at all!!

We decided not to stay for the fireworks, and headed out of Magic Kingdom. We waited about five minutes or so for the bus.

DH and I walked to Old Port Royale to get us some supper, and fill our mugs. Mom, DD and I all got the tuna sandwiches (told you they were good!). DH got the turkey BLT. Total cost was $32.23.

We vegged in the room for the rest of the night. We was pooped!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say that I've been lurking since you began your pre-trippie, and I'm enjoying every minute ! Thanks for doing the TR, and looking forward to the rest !
Old 03-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #39
rmom50
DIS Veteran

You could take the WONDERFUL picture of your mom and the Queen of Hearts over to "Picture of the Day" photo board, post it, and ask someone to clean it up for you. It's amazing the magic some of them can do with pictures. Great trip report - thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #40
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

I am totally loving your trip report! I love all the details w/ the prices! I am going to do that our next trip, you have inspired me LOL. And great idea to keep the reciepts for your scrapbook. I recently got into scrapbooking, this is great! Can't wait to read more!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #41
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I'm lovin your trip report. I also like your picture of the ladies room at the World's Largest McDonald's! We went there a couple years ago, and I had always wished I'd have gotten a picture of that!
That McDonalds was certainly interesting! Honestly, I stopped short when I walked into the restroom. It was just really unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann1024 View Post
Just wanted to say that I've been lurking since you began your pre-trippie, and I'm enjoying every minute! Thanks for doing the TR, and looking forward to the rest!
Thanks for reading along!! I've had a lot of fun doing the TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmom50 View Post
You could take the WONDERFUL picture of your mom and the Queen of Hearts over to "Picture of the Day" photo board, post it, and ask someone to clean it up for you. It's amazing the magic some of them can do with pictures. Great trip report - thanks!
I just may do that... Actually, this IS a slightly-cleaned-up version of the photo. It just happened so quickly that I didn't have a chance to do anything other than snap the picture. With Alice (in the white lights) right behind them, it made the foreground really dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom97 View Post
I am totally loving your trip report! I love all the details w/ the prices! I am going to do that our next trip, you have inspired me LOL. And great idea to keep the reciepts for your scrapbook. I recently got into scrapbooking, this is great! Can't wait to read more!
I saved my receipts, our KTTW, fast passes, our Photo Pass cards, paper napkins from various restaurants... Just all kinds of things. I really like doing the scrapbooks -- they are such fun to look back on.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #42
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 30th - Day 11

We slept in a little bit on this Thursday morning. We did end up getting out the door around 10 am.

We waited between five and ten minutes for a bus to Epcot.

We went and got fast passes for Soarin’, and got in the stand-by line. Our wait was about 30 minutes or so. This time, we were in the front row, center. I actually prefer the middle row, center. In the top row, you can see the top of the screen. This kind of spoiled the effect for me, but not by much. It was still great!

From here, we stopped at Club Cool and I had the others try Beverly (evil me).

I bought a build-a-mug with frozen coke for DD. Cost $8.52. We went to Test Track. DH rode with me and DD, and Mom waited with our bags. We waited about 30 minutes again. I put the photo on our Photopass card.

After riding Test Track, we stopped at the Electric Umbrella for lunch. DH and I had bacon double cheeseburgers, Mom had a double cheeseburger, and DD had chicken nuggets. Total cost was $35.38.

After eating, we hit our Soarin’ fast passes. We waited about five minutes.

DD stopped at the Kidcot station and got a lanyard and a token (a paper ladybug she colored).

Then we rode Journey Into Imagination with Figment with no wait. After the ride, I bought DD a stuffed Figment $12.73. Immediately after Figment, we all saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience, with about a five minute wait.

On the way out of Honey I Shrunk the Audience, we stopped to try to catch water in the fountains for a minute...

From here, we started to walk around the world.

We stopped in Canada and saw the O Canada! show. There was about a ten minute wait here. DD did another Kidcot stop here. She made a mask.

continued in next post...

Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #43
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 30th - Day 11, continued

We walked a bit more, and DD got another token at the Morocco Kidcot stop.

In Morocco, we saw Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine. Just before we got to the front of the line, Genie had to leave. So he wasn't in our picture. But I did get a shot of him before he left.

DD didn't want to get too close to Jasmine here. I think she was a little skeeved out by the lack of material in Jasmine's outfit....

This Aladdin was fun, but WAY cheesy. I didn't get a picture of the funniest part because I was laughing too hard. Aladdin was picking on DH a little bit, and had DH flex his biceps. Then he pretended to be afraid of DH and hid behind Jasmine. It happened just after this photo...

We stopped at the American Adventure. We waited just over five minutes. The show was ok, but probably our least favorite in Disney World.

We stopped in Norway and rode Maelstrom. We got some school bread ($4.12). I was disappointed with this. The price was lower than I had seen advertised ($1.99 each as opposed to $3.29), however it was a LOT smaller than I had seen pictured before. It was tasty, but was basically just a glorified donut, because of it's now-smaller size.

We decided to call it an evening, and headed out of the park. We waited just over five minutes for a bus back to the resort.

DH and DD went to the main pool. Mom had the leftover tuna sandwich halves from last night for supper. I was going to meet DH and DD at the main pool and we were going to grab some supper at the Food Court. DH and DD came back just as I was getting ready to go meet them. They closed the main pool at 8:00 tonight. No reason given, just that the pool was closing. DH and I walked to Old Port Royale for some supper. DH got a philly cheesesteak sandwich with pasta salad. I got fettucini alfredo with chicken, and picked up one without chicken for DD. We also filled up our mugs again. Total came to $23.62. We walked back to the room and enjoyed our meals. The fettucini was kinda blah -- no real taste. The chicken was good, though. DH said the cheesesteak was good, too.

Again, we vegged for the evening - just watching TV, playing on the laptop and snoozing. And hey! I did find a picture of the TV/dresser portion of the room.

Next up, our last Disney Day (already!!!).

Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #44
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

October 31st - Day 12

This is it -- our last Disney Day of the trip. Mom got up early and did some laundry. I started packing up, so there wouldn't be as much to do tonight/in the morning. DH went to Old Port Royale to fill our mugs. He also picked up a bowl of cereal - $2.12. We left the room just before 9:00. We ended up waiting over 25 minutes for a bus. I think this was our longest wait yet! We were headed to the Magic Kingdom.

We stopped at the Main Street Bakery for breakfast. We waited here about 20 minutes. The place was busy, but the line moved along at a decent pace. DH and I each got a croissant sandwich, Mom got a huge Cinnamon roll and DD got a yogurt and a dish of Frosted Flakes with milk. I got a milk, also. Total cost here was... Ummm... I have no clue! Apparently, I have lost that receipt. Anyway, the food was OK. Nothing great, but not bad either.

We walked back toward ToonTown. We stopped at a cart on the way and got a set of plain Mickey Ears for DD. Cost was $10.60. I do like how she decided to wear them...

The wait for Tinkerbell was 90 minutes. And that’s how long it took us to get in! It was our last chance to see her, so we sucked it up and stood in line. This was in incredibly slow-moving line! Horrendously so. The CM working there said that the line is often AT LEAST 90 minutes, and people are lined up in the morning before the line is even open. Ugh. I will say, it was worth it! If you like Tink, the wait is worth it. They take about three families in at once, and you have some one-on-one time with Tink and a couple other Disney Fairies. They were all very good, and we did enjoy it, even with the huge wait.

After seeing Tink, I got a frozen lemonade. Cost $3.51. I got a viewmaster-type keychain for DD. Cost $6.39.

We walked through ToonTown and stopped at Mickey’s PhilharMagic again. We waited less than five minutes for the show. From here, we walked to Haunted Mansion. This posted a 10 minute wait, but we only waited about five minutes.

Then we headed to Splash Mountain. Posted time was 30 minutes. Our entire time on the ride was just under an hour. This included wait time, ride time and gift shop time. Here, I bought DD a stuffed Brer Rabbit, as she and Mom declared Splash Mountain to be their all-time favorite ride. Cost was $10.60.

We also hit Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again. We waited about 15 minutes in line here. DD was given one of the red tags to monitor the wait time. She thought that was cool.

After riding BTMRR, we decided to head out. We stopped at Casey’s for a snack. I had a hot dog and the others had fries. I got a milk for DD and a coke for me. Cost was $15.28. It was starting to threaten some rain, but all we ever felt was just a sprinkle or two.

We headed out of Magic Kingdom. We got on the Monorail to the TTC. From there, we got on the one for Epcot. This was simply because Mom wanted to ride the Monorail. No other reason, or destination. Just because. :D

From Epcot, we caught a bus to Caribbean Beach. We waited about ten minutes for the bus.

After packing up a few more things, we went out to supper. We were going to go to Great American Steaks and Buffet, as it was DH's birthday, and he loves this kind of place. There was an accident on I-4 that closed all lanes of eastbound traffic -- the direction we were heading, of course. We got off at the next exit, and got a wee bit lost. We ended up driving around Orlando (near Sea World) for close to an hour. We finally got back near Disney World, and stopped at a Sizzler (near Crossroads). We had a good supper here! Everything on the buffet looked fresh and was pretty tasty. Cost was $46.55. DD kept telling the waitress that it was her Dad’s birthday. They brought him a little sundae and sang to him.

Looks thrilled, don't he??

We left Sizzler and got right back to the resort without a problem.

DD and DH went to hit the quiet pool one more time. DD swam while DH watched. I went to the Custom House to pay off our tab. $198.74. This included some of the items I had put on our room charge, as well as five days charge for internet connection. I had timed most of it so that I ended up getting two days internet connection for one fee. If I signed on at 8:00 pm one night, I made sure to be off before 8:00 pm the next night. That way, I was able to spread the 24 hours of connection over two days.

I finished packing up, and we loaded up the van with everything we could.

DH fell asleep around 9:00, watching TV. While at Disney, he discovered the Lifetime Movie Network, and their cheezy, but addicting, movies. He had fallen asleep while watching one of them. DD and I walked to Old Port Royale to refill our mugs at around 10:00, and rode the shuttle bus back. Mom was asleep too when we got back.

We vegged a bit and hit the beds, too. We knew we had a lot to do in the morning.

Coming up next, our trip home -- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #45
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I got up early this morning and found you again.
Thanks for the good morning read.
I'm going down in a few days, and I think I am going to try and sign up for the Citrus thing you did.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: