Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #76
Have2fly
Earning My Ears

Dax
Thanks
Have2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #77
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

The shoppes at MCO have had a few changes in the last few months..

Borders Books is no more. It has been replaced with a new book store as of about 2 weeks ago.

There is a new store coming soon that sells a lot of Hello Kitty merchandise. No opening date yet.

Build a Bear workshop has opened.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #78
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

We are arriving a few days before our ds, we will have a rental car to be able to pick him at the airport. Having just "followed the herd" on all past trips we never really paid attention to our surroundings so I am trying to think of a meeting point in the airport when he arrives. He won't have checked luggage but I am thinking that baggage claim area would be the best spot to have him wait for us? We won't be using our cell phones..so we need to pin a place down. What do you think, is there a better more obvious place for him to wait? We were just going to park in Terminal parking lot.

Here at home our airport is not busy-so we can just circle around and pick somone up outside by pulling over quickly when we see them come out..pretty sure that is not the case here? I feel like it is so busy there, it's going to make flustered
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013,
CB Oct 2014, CS Dec 2014

grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #79
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
We are arriving a few days before our ds, we will have a rental car to be able to pick him at the airport. Having just "followed the herd" on all past trips we never really paid attention to our surroundings so I am trying to think of a meeting point in the airport when he arrives. He won't have checked luggage but I am thinking that baggage claim area would be the best spot to have him wait for us? We won't be using our cell phones..so we need to pin a place down. What do you think, is there a better more obvious place for him to wait? We were just going to park in Terminal parking lot.

Here at home our airport is not busy-so we can just circle around and pick somone up outside by pulling over quickly when we see them come out..pretty sure that is not the case here? I feel like it is so busy there, it's going to make flustered
When my ds met me at MCO, he met up with me in baggage claim, right at the bottom of the escalators. Made it very easy to see each other. Then, right out the door to his car. Just be sure you meet up on the same side of the airport!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #80
Dax
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
When my ds met me at MCO, he met up with me in baggage claim, right at the bottom of the escalators. Made it very easy to see each other. Then, right out the door to his car. Just be sure you meet up on the same side of the airport!!!!
Just be careful, there are 4 escalators (2 on each side) so it can be easy to get lost..

What airline is he coming in on? If he is on they Hyatt side...then you can meet him at the big fountain in the middle of the lobby...Kinda hard to miss..On the other side, you can stand right at the Disney store, all departing passengers have to pass by it..
Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #81
Larrue0915
Earning My Ears

Have an airport question. Someone is meeting us halfway thru the trip. Actually he arrives Mon at 710pm. The dilemma we have dinner reservations at Cinderellas castle at 810pm. If he doesn't have anything except a carryon is it possible for us to pick him up (we will have our own car as we are driving), and make it to join the other 5 people for the reservation? How long does it take to go from airport to MK? Thanks in advance.
Larrue0915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #82
Dax
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrue0915 View Post
Have an airport question. Someone is meeting us halfway thru the trip. Actually he arrives Mon at 710pm. The dilemma we have dinner reservations at Cinderellas castle at 810pm. If he doesn't have anything except a carryon is it possible for us to pick him up (we will have our own car as we are driving), and make it to join the other 5 people for the reservation? How long does it take to go from airport to MK? Thanks in advance.
You will not make it. Its a 30-40 min drive at least, barring no traffic. Then you have to actually get INTO Mk and to the castle, another 30min at least
Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #83
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrue0915 View Post
Have to agree with Dax....if their plane lands, ontime, at 7:10, they aren't even going to be off the plane until about 7:20-7:25ish. It always takes an addtl 10 mins to get to the gate. Then, 10 mins from the gate to the meeting point, at least 35 mins to TTC, park, and about 15-20 mins to get from parking lot to MK. Now, it's taken about 8:15, at best. Just isn't going to happen.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #84
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

It's looks like we are going to be stuck doing a 6:50 pm fight on our next trip. Does the Hyatt still offer the rate to use the room for the afternoon?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #85
Jackie123
Earning My Ears

Great Trip to Orlando

Wow this was great information I just visted Disney land in March and I totally agree with all of this information! It is fantastic.

Oh I rented a car from sixt and they are not on your list.

I am so looking forward to my next vacation to Orlando! This is an awesome place to get information.
Jackie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #86
Dax
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Airline move update....

Spirit, Frontier, and SunCountry will all be moving to Airside 4(90's gates) within the next 2 weeks. Please be aware
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #87
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Complete newbie here. First time flying and first time going to Disney! I am soooo excited about both events. I will be flying into MCO on Southwest. Would someone be kind enough to give me step by step instructions from departing the plane to finding DME. Like I said I am completely new to this and have NO idea what to do.

Thanks.

MsHershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #88
cuteanfluffy
Earning My Ears

i've read most of the posts in here so i think i have it right just want to make sure. We arrive via delta so thats terminal b we are use DME and do not need to go to baggage claim so we continue to B and down to level 1 to DME. Is that a correct sum up?
Thank you in advance.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #89
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
Complete newbie here. First time flying and first time going to Disney! I am soooo excited about both events. I will be flying into MCO on Southwest. Would someone be kind enough to give me step by step instructions from departing the plane to finding DME. Like I said I am completely new to this and have NO idea what to do.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteanfluffy View Post
i've read most of the posts in here so i think i have it right just want to make sure. We arrive via delta so thats terminal b we are use DME and do not need to go to baggage claim so we continue to B and down to level 1 to DME. Is that a correct sum up?
Thank you in advance.
Okay....SW will dump you on Side A, and Delta on Side B. BUT....when you get off the tram, you'll be in almost the same spot. So.....head to the center as you exit the tram area. If you look up, you'll see two big ole neon signs...Side A and Side B on opposite sides of that area. You want to head to Side B. I usually take the escalator down to level 2, baggage claim area. If you have tagged your checked bags with your yellow DME tags, there is no need to stop here. (if you're on SW and you didn't tag your bags?? You need to get them on Side A baggage claim before heading to Side B).
Then walk across to the next escalator..it's across the way a bit, to the right past the bank of elevators if I remember correctly. This will take me to level 1.
Go to the left and keep on truckin'...you'll pass car rental counters on your right, the outside area to your left. You'll go past Mears, on the right. Now, you're just about at the DME.
It's all very easy.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #90
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay....SW will dump you on Side A, and Delta on Side B. BUT....when you get off the tram, you'll be in almost the same spot. So.....head to the center as you exit the tram area. If you look up, you'll see two big ole neon signs...Side A and Side B on opposite sides of that area. You want to head to Side B. I usually take the escalator down to level 2, baggage claim area. If you have tagged your checked bags with your yellow DME tags, there is no need to stop here. (if you're on SW and you didn't tag your bags?? You need to get them on Side A baggage claim before heading to Side B).
Then walk across to the next escalator..it's across the way a bit, to the right past the bank of elevators if I remember correctly. This will take me to level 1.
Go to the left and keep on truckin'...you'll pass car rental counters on your right, the outside area to your left. You'll go past Mears, on the right. Now, you're just about at the DME.
It's all very easy.
I agree, it sounds very easy. Thanks!

MsHershey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: