Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #31
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I'm familiar with all that.

We've not had any trouble anywhere except our 2006 Disney trip....there was a major mass of people. They were all pressing in against each other trying to squeeze in ahead. We had a kid and a stroller and were holding bags & stroller up against our chests because we were getting squished. Anyway, we wound around a huge pillar, then they separated us into 4 lines.

Finally we were filing into these 4 lines to show our ID's. Then they squished all 4 lines back together and people were upset because people were crowding in ahead of them to try to form back into 1 line. Then after a while waiting, we were split into 4 or 5 lines again at the individual TSA checklines. It was so unorganized. Worst airport security organization we'd ever seen.

Hopefully it's not still like that. Maybe they've improved it somewhat.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #32
CrabbyPatty
DIS Veteran

Any idea where the Delta Airline club lounge is located in MCO? My Amex card lets me into various airline club locations around the country, and it looks like MCO is one of them. Thanks!
WDW - 8/26/09 - 9/1/09 CBR * WDW - 8/28/10 - 9/2/10 CSR * DL - 8/13/11 - 8/18/11 - Ramada Maingate * WDW - 8/26/12 - 9/1/12 WL * DL - 8/13/13 - 8/19/13 - Fairfield Inn * DL - 8/23/14 - 8/27/14 - Anabella Hotel
CrabbyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #33
WillCAD
Where there's a Will there's a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyPatty View Post
Any idea where the Delta Airline club lounge is located in MCO? My Amex card lets me into various airline club locations around the country, and it looks like MCO is one of them. Thanks!
According to the Delta web page, the Delta Sky Club Lounge at MCO is located in the center atrium area of the Airside building (Delta operates out of Airside 4, gates 70-99).
WillCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #34
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCAD View Post
I've never been to MCO on a Saturday morning (I usually arrive on a Wed, Thu, or Fri morning and leave on a Fri, Mon, or Tue evening), but I can give you a few tips about negotiating the security lines in any airport.

Empty your pockets into your carry-ons ahead of time, except for your ID and boarding passes. Keep the ID and boarding passes in an easily-accessible pocket (I use a shirt pocket). You will only need your ID twice - when you check your bags at the SWA counter, and when you enter the security line. You will need your boarding passes three times - when you enter the security line, when you pass through the metal detector at the security line, and when you actually board the plane.

Plan on needing to take your shoes off in the line, and select shoes that go on and off easily. Some shoes can be laced up halfway and tied when you dress that morning, making it easier to slip them off and back on at security.

Anything that you will need in the airport, pack in your carry-on bag before you depart WDW. Don't try traipsing through the airport with a carry-on bag, a plastic bag of souvenirs, a magazine, a water bottle, etc. Put all that stuff in your bag before you even leave your hotel, and only take out individual items as you need them.

If you have a 3-1-1 bag of liquids, be sure to pack it in an outer or upper pocket of your carry-on bag, where it is easy to access.

If you have a jacket or sweater or other wrap, pack it in your carry-on. Sure, you may need it when you land, and you might even need it on the plane, but it has to come off to go through security, so just leave it in your carry-on until you actually need it; juggling a jacket or sweater along with your other stuff as you go through the security lines is one more awkward thing that you don't need to do. Ditto for hats.

Most importantly, any preparations you might need to make before going through security should be done BEFORE you even get into the line. Trying to empty your pockets while in the line, juggling multiple bags, is mighty difficult; you can easily lose stuff or forget stuff in your poickets. Once you get into the line, the only things you should have to do are A) take your laptop out of your carry-on, B) take your shoes off, and C) put bag, shoes, laptop in individual plastic bins and wait with them till they go into the x-ray scanner.
and you would be well served to have all of these memorized and do them quickly! Our group did not move fast enough in May (I walk with a cane and move a little slower tyhan some people) and we were yelled at repeatedly by the TSA screeners (in very difficult to understand English!) and finally, they just pulled me to one side and asked for a female inspector to come and search me. Apparently, none of the men knew what a tines unit was (a small radio size device that has wires running from it to patches you wear to an area on your body to help with pain managemnt). I had taken the nit off, put it in the bin and showed the wires to the examiner. He still didn't understand what it was. I have flowon all over the world (including many trips in and out of MCO and this has NEVER been a problem before. But this last time, our entire group was treated as if we were stupid, didn't understand English and couldn''t or wouldn't follow the rules. These TSA screeners had zero manners.
ckdsnynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 AM   #35
Andrewj
Earning My Ears

The guide is no doubt a good one. It is excellent for a beginner. i will recommend it to many people.
Andrewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
sha.chanel
Earning My Ears

This is great! my sister is thinking of having a vacation in Florida and she'll be flying there this December, I'll let her know about this thread.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #37
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Looks like they may have updated their website as some of the images arent showing up...

So you may need to see this page to get the updated images (appears they use flash now)

http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/terminal.htm
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #38
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yep...that's what I suggested.....tag your bags and let DME take them. No, you won't get your bags until the next morning, but at least you don't have to lug them all over creation at MCO...and that's a hike with luggage (Side A baggage claim to Side B DME). Your bags will stay at MCO until early the next morning, then be shipped to your resort.
But, if you don't want to have to wait for the bags, until the next day, you can bring them with you, on the bus.
Has anybody tested this?? I know for almost a year now, DME will not pick up or deliver luggage after 10pm. Has anyone arrived after 10pm and purposely decided to leave their luggage at the airport with the yellow tags for delivery the next day?? I would LOVE to do that, as I have no need for my bags until the next afternoon. (We have what we need to go to bed and get up the next morning in our carryon.) We are Southwest fliers, so that means a trip downstairs and back upstairs for us.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 AM   #39
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Has anybody tested this?? I know for almost a year now, DME will not pick up or deliver luggage after 10pm. Has anyone arrived after 10pm and purposely decided to leave their luggage at the airport with the yellow tags for delivery the next day?? I would LOVE to do that, as I have no need for my bags until the next afternoon. (We have what we need to go to bed and get up the next morning in our carryon.) We are Southwest fliers, so that means a trip downstairs and back upstairs for us.
I can't imagine why it would be any different. Not sure why it would have to be 'tested'. If DME is saying that nobody is picking up the luggage, then I'm pretty sure it is just put aside. Then, they should be picked up, first thing in the morning, and delivered. That's what they 'say' is supposed to happen.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #40
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I can't imagine why it would be any different. Not sure why it would have to be 'tested'. If DME is saying that nobody is picking up the luggage, then I'm pretty sure it is just put aside. Then, they should be picked up, first thing in the morning, and delivered. That's what they 'say' is supposed to happen.
OK, cool. For some reason I was thinking they were insisting that folks go pick up their luggage after 10pm. I didn't think they were allowing folks to leave it at the airport overnight.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #41
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
OK, cool. For some reason I was thinking they were insisting that folks go pick up their luggage after 10pm. I didn't think they were allowing folks to leave it at the airport overnight.
I haven't heard of anyone leaving the bags to be picked up and delivered the next day yet. But I can't imagine how they would force someone to get their bags. I mean, if someone just didn't understand how the late night system worked and they put the yellow tags on their checked bags but arrived after 10pm, I can't imagine that they would have to worry about not getting their bags the next day. Perhaps someone who has had some experience with this will post.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #42
MadysonBelinda
Earning My Ears

The airport is split into 5 main buildings. The outer buildings, called Airside buildings, are where all of the gates are located. They are arranged in a rectangle and connected to the main terminal building, which is called the Landside building, by very cool short monorails. The monorails connect to the 4 corners of the Landside building, inside the security checkpoints, so the only way to get from the Landside building to one of the Airside buildings is to go through security and take a monorail.
MadysonBelinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #43
rileyreese
Mouseketeer

I am flying out in the morning on Southwest to WDW and want to be sure that I understand how to get to the Magical Express, after I get off the plane we go to the first floor and to the B side, is that right?
rileyreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #44
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyreese View Post
I am flying out in the morning on Southwest to WDW and want to be sure that I understand how to get to the Magical Express, after I get off the plane we go to the first floor and to the B side, is that right?
Yep, you've got it right. You will take the tram from your arrival gate. When you get off the tram, you'll be on level 3. You will cross the terminal and head to Side B. Go down the escalators, to level 2 and baggage claim. I usually just take the elevator down from level 2 to level 1. Get off the elevator and go to the left..walk all the way down, past the rental car counters and you will see the DME checkin counter on your right, with the driveway out to your left. Easy peasy.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #45
pomcoach
Mouseketeer

Question Which rental cars are INSIDE the airport? Don't want to shuttle.

We want to rent a car when we arrive at MCO in 2 weeks. We will arrive at 11 pm. and don't want to ride a shuttle bus. Which Rental Car companies have cars right on-site? We especially are looking at Thrifty or Dollar and wonder if they are actually on-site or if they'll shuttle us somewhere. We do not want to shuttle. Did I say that already? ha ha

I saw the 9 car companies listed at the beginning of this thread, but wasn't sure if those companies have cars right on-site???
Please straighten me out.
Thanks so much,
Pomcoach from Iowa

pomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: