Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #91
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

The only one of those that we're doing is Crystal Palace. I will post one here without the date, but if you want the date, let me know, and I'll add it.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
Old 06-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #92
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Here you go:

2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #93
Beana9802
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Here you go:

WOW! Thanks!

°o°

Old 06-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #94
DISNEYJAZZ
DIS Veteran

hiya!

really enjoying your pre-trip repot! we were at 'the real disney world' as my grandson Blaze called it in april and had a wonderful time... your adr's and plans all look great. we ate at crt for lunch and dgd Elli wore her cinderella dress { childrens consignment sale for $15 dress with wand and tiara! go nanna!} and dgs Blaze wore a hand painted shirt w/baloo on it { couldn't get him in a pirate outfit for nothing} anywas we really enjoyed it. i had been afraid it would be too 'frufru' but was really fancy but not stuffy ,if you know what i mean. the food was bretter than i thought also,not really adventurous when it coem to food but i really enjoyed the pork tenderloin with couscous { had tried couscous before but it as more like a flat tasting grits dish,at crt it is more like lil pearls and mixed with peppers adn such which i picked out...hehe} dd & i had the sorbet and it was yummy..the kids really enjoyed the crown sundea and the menfolk had the chocolate dessert. the salad they bring out has soem yummy chicken { i took off most of the green sauce sicne it was spicy] and it ws relly good also...all in all a great meal and wonderful seeing the princess's and dgs got a kiss from snow white whom he now calls kissy girl even though his 'girlfriend' is aurora a.k.a. rory to blaze.{ i will be addng crt pix soon in my trip report} we also ate at the coral reef { already in report} and it ws the best food the whole trip...{ i loved all the food though} it is a wonderfu place to eat and watchingt he divers was great,i had emailed ahead and gotten a diver sign for the kids and th epersonalized menus also...they were so surprised,they still can't figure out how mickey & minnie knew they were there! i told them the internet! hehe...i had the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits...so yummy i now crave it...and the molten chocolate htingy for dessert...we were on the ddp and this place really was a deal...just the ny strip plates the men got almost paid for the ddp for the day! the kids really enjoyed their fish plates and the build your own sundaes...this will be a 'gotta go back' place for us next trip.
sorry to go on and on ...l ooking forward to seeing more of your pre trip report

Allstar Music Family Suite April 4-12,2008 ,Nanna,Pawpaw,Brendi,Elli & Blaze.
POP Century May 28-June 3,2011,Nanna,Pawpaw,Candice,Chad,Kensleigh,Gracie & Chloe!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #95
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

hey, there! i'm heading over to check out your pre-TR. so excited for you that you're going after a 10-year absence. last year was my first time in 15 years and it was just awesome!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #96
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hey, there! i'm heading over to check out your pre-TR. so excited for you that you're going after a 10-year absence. last year was my first time in 15 years and it was just awesome!!!
Hi.....glad to see you here. I admit, I don't update here as much as I could, but I'm planning on doing a VERY good trip report. I bought a new memory card for the trip that will hold over 1,000 pictures, and I'm pretty sure it will be full by the time we get home .
Old 06-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #97
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Well, I've been working on my Disney memory book. I've had all the cards printed off from Snapfish, and I'm going to mount them on Mat Stacks (for scrapbooking) with photo corners so that they can be taken out of the book and put into oru photo album with the pictures. I also used Natalie's invites and will use them as the starter picture for meal pictures in the photo albums.

The last thing that I have to make (besides our t-shirts) is the itinerary books with what park we'll be in each day, dining reservations, confirmation numbers, etc. I'm going to print off one for us and one for my mom so that if we get separated or if she decides to go back to the hotel for a rest or something, she'll know where to find us. I guess I still need to print off our Dining plan cards (for us to mark off the meal credits) too.

I'm so excited, and I wish the trip wasn't so far away. DH is harvesting for his family right now, and it's been very stressful. We definitely all need a break.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #98
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Just thought I'd drop by to say hello. I have been so busy with last minute wedding stuff that I have been neglecting the dis. That and I am really bummed that we might not be able to make our annual trip in Dec because if df's work schedule. We still don't know anything yet and I wish they would tell us gosh darnit because it is getting really close to 180 days and I want good adr's of course! Your little card things are a wonderful idea! I might actually take that idea and run with it if we do end up getting to go. Since I like to do a meal report and what not. If not I'll just use a notebook and keep up with that, but I think we do need the must see's for sure b/c last year we forgot to go back to toon town to see minnie and mickeys house and I've been bummed about it ever since I realized it when we got home in dec. Lol. Good luck sounds like you got it under control

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 07-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #99
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Well, there's not to much to report as far as Disney goes, so I thought I'd update you on some other things that are going on here. We had a 4th of July barbecue with several of our family members, and we shot off A LOT of fireworks.

It was nice, but we were missing several family members that usually come, so that was disappointing. I tried practicing with the fireworks mode on my camera (so that I can get some good ones at MNSSHP), but I only got about two good ones.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Last night we took DD #1 to a local carnival along with my neice, and that was a lot of fun too. My neice, who is 12, actually got me on some of the wilder rides. I told her I was "preparing for Disney."

This week DH and I are going to St. Louis because he needs to buy another semi for our business. My mom is keeping the girls (see what I mean about how much she does for us), so it will be a nice little get away for me and DH. I'm really looking forward to it. DH wants to go to Six Flags if we have time, so that would be REAL preparation for Disney. I'm not really a roller coaster fan, but I'm sure he'd get me on some of them . I'll update with pics when we get back.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #100
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Well, we're back from St. Louis, and DH found a truck that he really likes . We also had time to do a few fun things. I'm actually doing a trip report on another site......if you're interested, let me know.

Here are a few pictures.

Union Station and the sign for our hotel

Hard Rock.....fun atmosphere, but horrible food

The arch

DH and I at the top of the arch

DH's new truck

St. Louis zoo

The cutest baby elephant ever!

We had a lot of fun, and it was really nice for DH and I to get away alone for a couple of days. This weekend, we're going to KC for my cousin's baby shower, and we're going to take the girls to the zoo there.

If it tells you anything about how I'm going to be at Disney, I took over 200 pictures on this trip!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #101
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

love the pics! we went to st. louis when i was about 10 years old. my little brother FREAKED out when we were riding the capsule thing to the top of the arch!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #102
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
love the pics! we went to st. louis when i was about 10 years old. my little brother FREAKED out when we were riding the capsule thing to the top of the arch!
It's funny that you say. I actually took pictures of the capsules because of friend of mine and her family are going to St. Louis in a couple of weeks and she was asking me if I thought she'd be okay at the top because she's afraid of heights. I told her I was more worried about her getting to the top......when she saw the pictures of the capsules, she told me that just looking at it made her want to puke and there was no way she was getting in one of those .

She was glad I took the pictures from the top because she said it was the only way she'd get to see it.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #103
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone.....I've had an AWFUL afternoon, and I need to vent!

Today I got an email from Expedia saying that my flights had been cancelled and that I needed to call immediately ! I called and got the rudest people I have ever spoken to on the phone.....I had to go through 3 technicians before some one could give me an explanation of what was going on and connect me to a supervisor. The supervisor was also incredibly rude, but did manage to explain to me that Midwest has cancelled all of its flights from KC to basically ANYWHERE in Florida! I booked these flights in April because they were the only nonstop flights that expedia showed.

Well, I had to fight and argue with them and tell them that I didn't want to sit around and wait and see what happened......I wanted my reservation cancelled NOW!!! Supposedly they are going to refund the amount to my credit card (which I'll believe when I see and have already talked to Chase about), and cancelled the flight.

My mom called the airport in KC, and they said the most reliable airline is Southwest and that they also fly nonstop to Orlando. It is going to cost us about an extra $100 dollars per person, but, at this point, I don't care as long as we get there!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #104
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.
Yes, please let us know. I've got a fireworks setting on my camera and they still don't turn out well.

Quote:
We stayed at the Hyatt while we were there for an Atlanta Braves game and actually met some of the players in the lobby bar after the game. My only brush with famous people.

Quote:
You mean the washing machine?!

Quote:
Ok everyone.....I've had an AWFUL afternoon, and I need to vent!

Today I got an email from Expedia saying that my flights had been cancelled and that I needed to call immediately ! I called and got the rudest people I have ever spoken to on the phone.....I had to go through 3 technicians before some one could give me an explanation of what was going on and connect me to a supervisor. The supervisor was also incredibly rude, but did manage to explain to me that Midwest has cancelled all of its flights from KC to basically ANYWHERE in Florida! I booked these flights in April because they were the only nonstop flights that expedia showed.

Well, I had to fight and argue with them and tell them that I didn't want to sit around and wait and see what happened......I wanted my reservation cancelled NOW!!! Supposedly they are going to refund the amount to my credit card (which I'll believe when I see and have already talked to Chase about), and cancelled the flight.

My mom called the airport in KC, and they said the most reliable airline is Southwest and that they also fly nonstop to Orlando. It is going to cost us about an extra $100 dollars per person, but, at this point, I don't care as long as we get there!
Never flown from here to KC but I hope you get a flight soon.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #105
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Never flown from here to KC but I hope you get a flight soon.
Thanks.....we did go ahead and book new flights. They were a bit more expensive, but we're going to get there, and that's all that matters.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: