Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #136
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone........exactly ONE week until we leave for Disney! However, wouldn't you know it, both DDs have come down with colds . We're doing the Airborne and hoping that everyone is better by next week, but it won't stop us!

I still have tons of stuff to get done. I'm working on several of our t-shirts yet, and I have started packing, but there is still a lot to do. Since I'm not exactly sure of what the weather will be like, I'm packing jeans as well as capris/shorts for pretty much everyone, but I think we'll probably be wearing mostly jeans.

I'm hoping to get all of the t-shirts done within the next day or two, so I should be posting pictures of those soon.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
Old 10-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #137
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

1 week!!!!!! so exciting! good luck on your to-do list. i would pack clothes for layering. it will probably be hot during the day but then at night it can get kinda cool. i've never been there in october but i hear it's comparable to late april/early may and ray and i had on jackets at night this past april/may. just wait 'til you see the fall decorations - so pretty!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #138
becky_AK
DIS Veteran

I just followed the link to your TR and thought I would say hello!

I hope that you guys have a great trip and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Hope everyone in the family gets better before you leave. It seems like a lot of people have gotten a cold right before leaving this year. Keep taking the vitamins and airborne
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #139
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
1 week!!!!!! so exciting! good luck on your to-do list. i would pack clothes for layering. it will probably be hot during the day but then at night it can get kinda cool. i've never been there in october but i hear it's comparable to late april/early may and ray and i had on jackets at night this past april/may. just wait 'til you see the fall decorations - so pretty!!!
We're really excited. DD keeps saying, "When can I take another Mickey head off the countdown? They're almost all gone!"

Yep, that's what I'm planning. Everyone has a zip up sweatshirt, so if it's cool we can easily add a layer, but it will also be easy to take off.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
Old 10-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #140
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky_AK View Post
I just followed the link to your TR and thought I would say hello!

I hope that you guys have a great trip and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Hope everyone in the family gets better before you leave. It seems like a lot of people have gotten a cold right before leaving this year. Keep taking the vitamins and airborne
Hi ! The pre-trip report has been a little slow because I'm never quite sure what to post, but the trip report will be better, I promise. I'm pretty much a picture freak, so there should be lots!!!!

I hope everyone is better too.....DD #1 seems to already be on the mend, except for the runny nose. We're all doing the airborne (except DD #2), so hopefully that will help.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #141
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Ok, I was PRODUCTIVE during DD #2's nap this morning. I now have ALL the transfers for our shirts printed. I have to wash the blue and black shirts yet, and then they'll be all ready to go ! Hopefully my mom and I can get them all ironed on tomorrow and I can post pictures!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #142
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Today I called 1900 Park Fare because I wanted to order something special for DD #1. I honestly couldn't decide between the mini castle cake and the slipper dessert. When I showed them to DD (a long time ago so that she'd forget about it), she said she like the slipper dessert. However, DH said that he liked the mini castle cake better................

SO, crazy woman that I am, I just ordered both of them . I figure, we have two DDs, so we can have two surprises. If we don't want to eat it all, we'll just take it along. Dh is going to think I'm nuts, but that's nothing new!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #143
onejellyshelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
My oldest daughter's favorite people in the world are her great grandparents. They spoil her rotten (much to my dismay somtimes). She was the first grandchild and the first great grandchild for my side of the family. We're very lucky in that everyone lives within just a few miles of each other. I truly believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and it's wonderful for my girls to be able to have those influences in their lives.
Great PTR. My family also has a wonderful Nana. My DM is also MY DD3's favorite person in the world. We are having a girls only Disney trip Oct 23-30. Yeah we are in single digits. I hope you and your family have a great time!
09/09~POP
10/08~Movies

Old 10-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #144
mickimousemama
Mouseketeer

You must be soooo excited!! only 3 more days!! Your DD's are so darn adorable!! I have been reading your TR, and SWEAR I responded... once? but I can't find it now

Anywho, just wanted to wish you lots of pixie dust on your trip!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #145
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Today I called 1900 Park Fare because I wanted to order something special for DD #1. I honestly couldn't decide between the mini castle cake and the slipper dessert. When I showed them to DD (a long time ago so that she'd forget about it), she said she like the slipper dessert. However, DH said that he liked the mini castle cake better................

SO, crazy woman that I am, I just ordered both of them . I figure, we have two DDs, so we can have two surprises. If we don't want to eat it all, we'll just take it along. Dh is going to think I'm nuts, but that's nothing new!
How much is the cake castle? My DD all but licked the plate clean with that slipper! I can't wait to get back. If I don't talk to you again before have a SAFE FUNFILLED TRIP WITH LOTS OF DREAMS!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #146
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejellyshelly View Post
Great PTR. My family also has a wonderful Nana. My DM is also MY DD3's favorite person in the world. We are having a girls only Disney trip Oct 23-30. Yeah we are in single digits. I hope you and your family have a great time!
I do feel really lucky to have such a great mom and a great Nana for my girls. It has been just me and my mom since I was about a year old, and she did more for me than I could ever ask, and now she does for my daughters as well. I feel lucky that we can afford to take her along with us so that she can share in the magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickimousemama View Post
You must be soooo excited!! only 3 more days!! Your DD's are so darn adorable!! I have been reading your TR, and SWEAR I responded... once? but I can't find it now

Anywho, just wanted to wish you lots of pixie dust on your trip!
We are definitely excited, and thanks for the comments about my DDs. I agree, but I'm a little partial . We'll take all the pixie dust we can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
How much is the cake castle? My DD all but licked the plate clean with that slipper! I can't wait to get back. If I don't talk to you again before have a SAFE FUNFILLED TRIP WITH LOTS OF DREAMS!
I'm pretty sure the castle cake is $25, but we'll see for sure when I get the bill. I just wanted to do something really special, and, even though she said she liked it better, I'm not sure DD will eat the slipper. She's not really a fan of white chocolate. I guess we'll see, but I got the castle cake in chocolate.

Thank you for the well wishes........I hope you enjoy my trip report as much as I've enjoyed yours ! I honestly can't wait to write it.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #147
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Ok, you guys are not going to believe this...........this morning we ended up at the clinic (better than the ER, but still bad). Both DDs were up all night last night, and DD #1 has a raging ear infection in both ears! I decided that I was going to have them check out both DDs since we were there, and it turns out that DD #2 has an ear infection too. Both of them are now on antibiotics and DD #1 is on a steroid nasal spray. I just hope they are both better by Monday.........DD #1 is incredibly miserable .
Old 10-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #148
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Sorry to hear about the double ear infections, it took me a while but i finally caught up, hope your having a great time in disney!!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #149
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Hi everoyone! We made it back, and we had a GREAT time!!! I should be ready to start my trip report in a day or two......if I can figure out how. Any tips on how I go about closing this thread and starting the actual trip report would be appreciated .
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #150
ThePin Princess
disney princess

glad to hear you back and ever thing went well. Sorry i can't be any help when it comes to closing this and starting an actual trip report, i think that you can message a moderator and they can just transfer this PTR to th TR section but can't wait to hear about every thing!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: