Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #91
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Jonas Brother's Concert Con't

...CONT...

I also spotted the star of my favorite Mickey Mouse Club Member.

My Mom was suprised I even knew who she was. Doh.

Right to the side of the Disney Soda Fountain was this totally awesome Bolt bus.

To the left of the bus you can see they had those huge plastic hamster ball things. I would love to get in one of those and go down a hill or something. LOL. Fun!

We kept walking and on one of the side streets they had the floats up for the Santa Parade. This one was right in the front and it says Radio Disney on it. I know Demi Lovato (Camp Rock) was in the parade, maybe she was on this float?

We kept seeing these banners all over LA. I took a picture of it because it has to do with Roy and Edna Disney. I googled it and I think they're honorary naming that part of the theater after them.

We get to Sunset Blvd where the Palladium and what do I see? Twilight billboard! I had a take a picture of it for all us Twilight geeks.

Now by this time I was complaining. "How much longer?" "My legs are going to fall off" "I'm going to be all sweaty for the Jonas Brothers, eewww" I'm sure my parents were annoyed.

We walked and walked... And walked some more... And finally! We made it! YES!!! It was really only about a 15 minute walk, but I wasn't feeling it!

So we get to the front of the Palladium and my Mom asks the security guard, "where do we get in line for the concert?". He looks at us, points and says "You have to walk around the building. The line is very long". Ugh. So we walk to the right side of the building (where I had the picture of the line of people from earlier) and keep walking. The line goes past the building, past and around the parking lot behind the building. Around the corner down that street and stops. Yes! We get in line right at the corner. Woohoo! And now what? We wait. It was around 3:45 when we got in line. The line behind us got long really fast.

I don't remember what time I took this, probably 4:30ish. This was the line behind me.

By the time they let us in the concert that line went all the way down the street and around the corner to the left where the entrance of the Palladium was.

I also took this waiting in line

Okay so it was almost 5:00pm when the doors opened to the concert. My Mom, Dad and I were just standing there talking and my Mom was chewing gum. There was a family behind us, a young girl, she had to have been around 12, her Mom and Dad. The Dad wasn't waiting in line the whole time like her and the Mom were, but when we did he did get in line he had his earphones on because he was listening to an ipod. So my Mom and I are talking, and this guy leans in to us, doesn't say excuse me and whispers "I have sensitive ears and you chewing your gum is bothering me". My Mom and I look and each other. WHAT? She wasn't popping her gum. Just chewing. And the guy tells her that. He had his earphones on the entire time because even him and his wife weren't talking because he was listening to music. So my Mom and I just laugh even though my Mom was pretty peeved. She kept saying "I can't believe that man! I wasn't hurting him! I'm just chewing my gum! What? I can't chew gum!!!"

So after that drama, it's finally 5:00pm and we slowly start moving. Yay!!

After about 30 minutes (seriously) we get to the front of the Palladium.

Up next: Pushing and shoving! Will Courtney be close enough to see the Jonas Brothers? Does Courtney's Mom finally tell that gum chewing hating guy something!??

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-17-2009 at 10:31 PM.
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #92
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I can't believe that guy and his gum-chewing sensitivity! What was up with that? First of all, unless your mom was smacking right into his ear or popping bubbles right into his ears and it was somehow intruding upon his personal space, then he should have kept quiet. I mean, I doubt your mom was being loud with the gum at all, and some people - like that guy - are just weird. But, let's say, for argument's sake, your mom WAS loud with chewing and the guy was standing a good distance away and could hear her. He may be annoyed by it, but he had NO right to ask her to stop. She can chew her gum just as he can listen to his iPod. People get too carried away with what they think they have a right to expect from other people. People do get on each other's nerves, but you can't just ask someone to stop something harmless like gum chewing that they have a right to do just because you don't like it! If we could all just ask people to stop doing things that we personally don't like, then we would have perfect lives, wouldn't we? It doesn't work that way!

One time a neighbor in my building knocked on my front door. I think I had just gotten out of the shower so was not dressed. I didn't open the door. I only listened to her stupid voice. She proceeded to say that I was supposedly 'clearing my throat' and that she was a student at night and slept during the day and my throat clearing was keeping her awake! Huh??? First of all, I had no clue what she was talking about. I worked during the day at that time. I wasn't 'clearing my throat,' nor would I have been loud enough to keep a tenant in another apartment awake! I mean, that would have to be some pretty loud throat clearing, don't you think? BUT, let's just say I HAD been the phantom throat clearer. This wench thought she had a right to come and ask me to STOP doing it because it was bothering her! I kind of chuckled at her through my front door and said, "Ummm....I have no clue what you are talking about, but are you kidding me?" She proceeded to go on and say I was very loud with the throat noises. You know, you can ask someone to turn down their TV or stereo or whatever if it is playing past 10:00 p.m. and making noise, or having loud parties at all hours of the day and night. But you can't ask someone to stop clearing their throat! I wish I had been dressed so I could open the door and look at this stupid woman. To this day, I am not sure which neighbor of mine it was!

By the way, I eventually heard the phantom throat clearer myself! I have no clue who it is/was, but on several occasions I heard the very loud throat clearing that must have been disturbing this stupid neighbor in the middle of the day. It was very loud, and I can see how it would be annoying - but guess what? No matter how loud that person was with their throat clearing, the stupid neighbor STILL can't ask them to stop when they are clearing their throat in their own home. Maybe the person is ill or something! And they are paying rent too, just like the complaining neighbor is!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #93
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say that guy was an A hole. How rude is that ? There's NO way your mom's chewing would bother him especially since his ears were blocked with music. EWWWW.

I'm loving the TR btw ! Can't wait to hear more!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #94
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I wanted to order ice cream, but I was too full.
That's why when we went, we skipped the lunch and went straight for the ice cream!

I can't believe that guy! WTH??? So dumb. Some people just complain for the sake of complaining.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #95
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
...We get to Sunset Blvd where the Palladium and what do I see? Twilight billboard! I had a take a picture of it for all us Twilight geeks.

Hee hee...

Wow, I think it's funny that people with "sensitive ears" are about to go to a ROCK CONCERT!

Irritating!

Those were great pics in front of the Palladeum (SP?). Good job with the marquee!

Sounds like a fun day so far! I know you liked the concert... looking forward to hearing about it. Are you stoked to see that 3-D movie or what??

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #96
kmab00
DIS Veteran

YAY for Twilight!!!! That's awesome!!

Love your pictures! I didn't actually get to go inside the Soda Fountain shop although I wanted to so bad! Maybe next time!!

That's crazy about the line on Wednesday!!!!!! Wow.....

Great update! Can't wait to hear more!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #97
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Twilight billboard! I wish there was one of those around here.

The Disney Soda Fountain looked like it was a lot of fun. Yay for them having holiday decorations. That chili bowl sure does look big.

Oh man, that line for Jonas Brothers is something else! I still don't understand how people are able to stand in line for DAYS. That guy behind you in line was weird, why didn't he just turn up his music or something.

I'm loving all your pictures! I haven't been to Hollywood in about two years, but it's nice to know it still looks the same.

I'm ready and waiting for more!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #98
Krissy Marissy
I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one every trip!

Here on the Dis we're kinda like....enablers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
but guess what? No matter how loud that person was with their throat clearing, the stupid neighbor STILL can't ask them to stop when they are clearing their throat in their own home. Maybe the person is ill or something! And they are paying rent too, just like the complaining neighbor is!
We had just moved into our current apartment. And my poor baby girl, only 6 months old at the time, was cutting her first tooth. And it was almost 11 and she was fussy and I had given her everything I could but she just wasnt willing to be calmed...my neighbor downstairs pounded the ceiling and then came up to knock on my door. At first I apologized but then I ripped him a new one about how he has music playing until midnight (So loud it vibrates my pictures in the hallway) and had noisy parties and friends over until 2 AM! I was pissed. If he ever comes and knocks on my door again I will lose it. I understand babies are annoying but you know what...I hate to hear her cry more than anyone does! Also...if you are quiet yourself and come complain then okay...I feel badly, but seeing as he is super duper loud himself how DARE he come yell at me. It was not cool at all!

Sorry to get OT but I am glad that you had a great time! We havent made it to the fountain yet but we hope to some day. That line was craziness! I am shocked that people wait so long over a concert...wow. Can't wait for the rest of your TR
Old 12-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #99
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I can't believe that guy and his gum-chewing sensitivity! What was up with that? First of all, unless your mom was smacking right into his ear or popping bubbles right into his ears and it was somehow intruding upon his personal space, then he should have kept quiet. I mean, I doubt your mom was being loud with the gum at all, and some people - like that guy - are just weird. But, let's say, for argument's sake, your mom WAS loud with chewing and the guy was standing a good distance away and could hear her. He may be annoyed by it, but he had NO right to ask her to stop. She can chew her gum just as he can listen to his iPod. People get too carried away with what they think they have a right to expect from other people. People do get on each other's nerves, but you can't just ask someone to stop something harmless like gum chewing that they have a right to do just because you don't like it! If we could all just ask people to stop doing things that we personally don't like, then we would have perfect lives, wouldn't we? It doesn't work that way!

One time a neighbor in my building knocked on my front door. I think I had just gotten out of the shower so was not dressed. I didn't open the door. I only listened to her stupid voice. She proceeded to say that I was supposedly 'clearing my throat' and that she was a student at night and slept during the day and my throat clearing was keeping her awake! Huh??? First of all, I had no clue what she was talking about. I worked during the day at that time. I wasn't 'clearing my throat,' nor would I have been loud enough to keep a tenant in another apartment awake! I mean, that would have to be some pretty loud throat clearing, don't you think? BUT, let's just say I HAD been the phantom throat clearer. This wench thought she had a right to come and ask me to STOP doing it because it was bothering her! I kind of chuckled at her through my front door and said, "Ummm....I have no clue what you are talking about, but are you kidding me?" She proceeded to go on and say I was very loud with the throat noises. You know, you can ask someone to turn down their TV or stereo or whatever if it is playing past 10:00 p.m. and making noise, or having loud parties at all hours of the day and night. But you can't ask someone to stop clearing their throat! I wish I had been dressed so I could open the door and look at this stupid woman. To this day, I am not sure which neighbor of mine it was!

By the way, I eventually heard the phantom throat clearer myself! I have no clue who it is/was, but on several occasions I heard the very loud throat clearing that must have been disturbing this stupid neighbor in the middle of the day. It was very loud, and I can see how it would be annoying - but guess what? No matter how loud that person was with their throat clearing, the stupid neighbor STILL can't ask them to stop when they are clearing their throat in their own home. Maybe the person is ill or something! And they are paying rent too, just like the complaining neighbor is!
I couldnít believe it either! Even my Mom was like ďI canít believe people sometimes!Ē

That is crazy about your neighbor! I mean you always have think what if that person was ill like you said? Besides itís their home! They can clear their throat all they want! Geez lady, get a clue! People amaze me sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say that guy was an A hole. How rude is that ? There's NO way your mom's chewing would bother him especially since his ears were blocked with music. EWWWW.

I'm loving the TR btw ! Can't wait to hear more!
Hi Jasmine! Your trip is coming up! I know, it was crazy! Iím still shocked that man had the nerve to say anything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's why when we went, we skipped the lunch and went straight for the ice cream!

I can't believe that guy! WTH??? So dumb. Some people just complain for the sake of complaining.
Thatís what weíre going to do next time! Ice cream for lunch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post

Hee hee...

Wow, I think it's funny that people with "sensitive ears" are about to go to a ROCK CONCERT!

Irritating!

Those were great pics in front of the Palladeum (SP?). Good job with the marquee!

Sounds like a fun day so far! I know you liked the concert... looking forward to hearing about it. Are you stoked to see that 3-D movie or what??
Lol, I LOVE your siggy! That is TOO funny!!

Thank you! I was trying to get all artistic with my photos! Haha!

Iím super excited for the Jonas Brothers in 3D! OMG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmab00 View Post
YAY for Twilight!!!! That's awesome!!

Love your pictures! I didn't actually get to go inside the Soda Fountain shop although I wanted to so bad! Maybe next time!!

That's crazy about the line on Wednesday!!!!!! Wow.....

Great update! Can't wait to hear more!
Hi Karen!!! Woo for Twilight!

You would have liked the Soda Fountain! It is too cute inside and very Disney! Another excuse for another Disneyland trip for you and your hubby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Twilight billboard! I wish there was one of those around here.

The Disney Soda Fountain looked like it was a lot of fun. Yay for them having holiday decorations. That chili bowl sure does look big.

Oh man, that line for Jonas Brothers is something else! I still don't understand how people are able to stand in line for DAYS. That guy behind you in line was weird, why didn't he just turn up his music or something.

I'm loving all your pictures! I haven't been to Hollywood in about two years, but it's nice to know it still looks the same.

I'm ready and waiting for more!
Twilight! Yayayayay! My Dad was like ďWhat are you taking a picture of?Ē lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy Marissy View Post
We had just moved into our current apartment. And my poor baby girl, only 6 months old at the time, was cutting her first tooth. And it was almost 11 and she was fussy and I had given her everything I could but she just wasnt willing to be calmed...my neighbor downstairs pounded the ceiling and then came up to knock on my door. At first I apologized but then I ripped him a new one about how he has music playing until midnight (So loud it vibrates my pictures in the hallway) and had noisy parties and friends over until 2 AM! I was pissed. If he ever comes and knocks on my door again I will lose it. I understand babies are annoying but you know what...I hate to hear her cry more than anyone does! Also...if you are quiet yourself and come complain then okay...I feel badly, but seeing as he is super duper loud himself how DARE he come yell at me. It was not cool at all!

Sorry to get OT but I am glad that you had a great time! We havent made it to the fountain yet but we hope to some day. That line was craziness! I am shocked that people wait so long over a concert...wow. Can't wait for the rest of your TR
The nerve! Itís a baby! Geesh! I would have let him have it too if he came back! Your poor baby girl! Sheís a baby! Babyís canít help it!

Glad you could join my TR!!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #100
prettyprincessbelle

Jonas Brother's Concert Con't

Okay! So let's continue!

After waiting 32097235 hours (and not 5 days!!) I was at the front of the line! I kissed and hugged my parents bye and told them thank you for waiting with me and before they walked away my Mom leans into to the mean guy behind us and says "You know what? You were really RUDE!!" Booyah! Owned! And the funny thing was he went into the concert! WHAT?! I thought you had sensitive ears, buddy?!!?

Anyways, after that drama I got my ticket scanned and booked it inside. I walked (speed ran?) down the hall, turned left and holy moly! Look at all the people!!!!

So, it's a little hard to explain how they had it set up. You walked in and straight ahead was the stage. Up and to the left and right was the balcony. But before you get to the stage there was like this barricade thing set up where you had to have a special wristband to get on the floor. If not, you had to stay on this barricade thingy. Which was allllllll the way in the back of the area. WAY too far in the back for me. I wasn't having that. So my goal? Get a wrist band. There were Palladium workers handing out wrist bands to people who were in the front of this huge mob where the barricades were. I wiggled my way to the front but there was SO much pushing and shoving. I was trying so hard to not squish this poor, cute little 8 year old girl. Everybody behind me (see the awesome thing about being by myself? I got to push my way alll the way to the front! ) was just pushing and yelling. It was insane and I wasthisclose to having an anxiety attack. I took a deep breath, held my wrist out and smiled at the guy who was handing out the wristbands. He said "See! I'm handing out wristbands to people who ARE NOT freaking out and acting crazy" and he puts a bright pink wristband on my wrist. OMG. THANK YOU THANK I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank the guy profusely and excuse my way through the crazy crowd to get down on the floor.

SCORE!!

A little blurry, but here's my golden ticket for the night.

So I catch my breath and make my way into the other huge mob that was on the floor. I was a lot smaller than the crazy mess up there though. As soon as I found a PERFECT spot smack dab in the middle of the floor the lights dim. OMG!

This was my view from where I was standing. The zoom on this poopy camera does not give where I was justice. I was so much closer than the camera makes it seem.

This was behind me to my left

And behind me to my right

And behind me where I would have been standing if I didn't have my trusty bright pink wristband

So music starts playing and everyone starts screaming. I didn't get too excited because I knew it was the opening band, NOT the Jonas Brothers.

Their name was Honor Society and they were pretty good. A little rockish. Similar sound to the Jonas Brothers. But they were older (20s?).

The guy with the bow tie is the lead singer and the guy on the right is the guitar player

The guy on the left was the bassist and he had funny hair.

They sang 4 songs. The first song was really good. And the last one. But by the 3rd song everything was getting a little bored.

They said their goodbyes and the stage went dark.

OMG JONAS BROTHERS!

I'm really stretching this thing out longer than I planned. I have to go though. You guys are so patient.

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #101
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

My 14 year old daughter will be visiting your thread she "LOOOOOOOVES" Kevin.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #102
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Whoo hooooo!! Yay for the pretty pink wrist band.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #103
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Yay pink = awesome!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the Jo Bros!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #104
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Congrats on getting the wristband

AWESOME ! I'm glad you got to be in a closer area to the Jo Bros

Can't wait to hear more!

OH and good for your mom for telling that dude off! What a jerk!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #105
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
My 14 year old daughter will be visiting your thread she "LOOOOOOOVES" Kevin.
I like Kevin too! He's my favorite! My Mom said he got the ugly genes. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Whoo hooooo!! Yay for the pretty pink wrist band.
Yay! I could have CRIED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Yay pink = awesome!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the Jo Bros!
Woo for pink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Congrats on getting the wristband

AWESOME ! I'm glad you got to be in a closer area to the Jo Bros

Can't wait to hear more!

OH and good for your mom for telling that dude off! What a jerk!
Thanks, dude!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: