Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #76
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Yay, welcome home! I can't wait to hear about your trip! Tell Jesus a crazy lady from the internet says Happy Birthday!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #77
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey everybody!! We're home safe and sound and had a WONDERFUL time!

Tonight is Jesus' birthday, so I'll start my TR tomorrow!!!

Happy Birthday Jesus !!

I hope you guys have a blast today, and I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time. I wouldn't expect anything less !!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #78
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Courtney - it hasn't been the same without you on here the last few days! We have to have all our 'regulars' to make a complete puzzle!

I can't WAIT to hear all about the DLR trip and see pictures, but you have to celebrate your sweetie's b-day - that is important! Happy birthday, Jesus!

By the way, I FINALLY added a whole mess o' pictures of all kinds (PhotoPass, cell phone pictures, digital, 35 mm, you name it!) to my TR, in the first several sections and also at the very end of the thread! And I am not done yet! So come back and check it out when you are done telling us about your exciting, magical holiday DLR trip!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #79
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
I'm glad you made it home safe and had a great time! it's so hard to get relaxed when you're that amped up (ears ringing!)!

Peace, out!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
YAY!!!! I'm so glad to hear you had such a great time!!!!!!!!!
Omg, it was great! I want to go back AGAIN! (Story of my LIFE!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
From that one picture, the concert looked like is was a lot of fun! I read this on PerezHilton today and it made me laugh:

What a little man diva!

I hope you're having TONs of fun at the big "D"
Take loads and loads and loads of pictures for me!
Geez! What a DIVA! I didn't see her, I wasn't really looking either. She was probably backstage somewhere. She's a pretty girl, I'm happy she's older than him too! But MAN! At least be nice and give an autograph to your man's fans! Give me a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Courtney, I'm glad you had a great time at the concert - I knew you would! Concerts always kind of sweep people away in the moment and its fun to get caught up in the excitement! I admire you for going to see the show alone! I have done a lot of things by myself - not DLR yet, but I will do that soon - but I never went to a concert by myself! The thought never occurred to me! Anyway, good for you for being an independent young lady!

Anyway, I know your DLR trip ends tomorrow (Thursday) so I can't wait to see pictures and hear about everything you guys did, and if it lived up to all of our anticipation for the holidays at DLR! (Especially mine!) Also, there is lots of availability at the DLR hotels this month, according to the AP calendar. And the character meals have lots of PS's available. So I am wondering if the parks seem less crowded this year. I tend to think that people are in the parks, but staying off-site this year to save money. What do you think? Is it less crowded than previous holiday seasons? Is it even less crowded than October, which was pretty packed?

I hope you and Jesus are having a wonderful time!!
Hi Sherry!!! Thank you!! I think I probably walked by where you live! We were walking up and down Sunset Blvd like no other that night!!!

Thank you!! I'm trying to be Miss Independent! I had a blast! I think being alone honestly made it so much more fun! It was great!!

It was a little crowded, for it being during the week. But it was so much LESS crowded than what we're used to on the weekends. A lot of rides were walk ons. It did get noticeably more crowded during the evening, I'm sure once the locals got off work/school. The longest wait at night we saw was Wednesday night for Indy and it was for 55 minutes. But during the day it was only 10 minutes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesharn81 View Post
your experience seems interesting...
nice work...

thanks for sharing....
It was very interesting! And fun! Thank you for reading!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #80
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Courtney !!!

How great that you had so much fun

I can't wait until you post about your trip and your experience at Hojo's. I just booked my hotel today so WOOO !!
Hi Jasmine! We Hojos! You guys will too! It's very retro (in a cool way, not a lame way) and Jesus said we have to stay here every time now!!

Quote:
Welcome back Courtney!! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

And I hope Jesus has a very happy birthday!!

Thank you, Beth!!!

Jesus said thank you!!!! (I told him, I swear, because he was all "how'd they know today's my birthday!?!!!)

Quote:
Yay, welcome home! I can't wait to hear about your trip! Tell Jesus a crazy lady from the internet says Happy Birthday!
Thank you, Wendy!!! Jesus says thank you too, crazy lady!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Happy Birthday Jesus !!

I hope you guys have a blast today, and I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time. I wouldn't expect anything less !!
Yay!!! We did have a blast!!!

Jesus says thank you, Jasmine!!!

Quote:
Courtney - it hasn't been the same without you on here the last few days! We have to have all our 'regulars' to make a complete puzzle!

I can't WAIT to hear all about the DLR trip and see pictures, but you have to celebrate your sweetie's b-day - that is important! Happy birthday, Jesus!

By the way, I FINALLY added a whole mess o' pictures of all kinds (PhotoPass, cell phone pictures, digital, 35 mm, you name it!) to my TR, in the first several sections and also at the very end of the thread! And I am not done yet! So come back and check it out when you are done telling us about your exciting, magical holiday DLR trip!!!
Awww, thank you Sherry!!! I'm glad to be home and back on the Dis!!

Jesus says thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #81
prettyprincessbelle

Hi guys! Okay let's get this TR started!

Are you all ready?

Do you have your popcorn?

Comfy seat?

Diet Coke?

Okay, let's GOOO!!!

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-17-2009 at 09:26 PM.
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #82
prettyprincessbelle

Jonas Brother's Concert

Sunday, November 30 - Jonas Brother's Concert at the Hollywood Palladium

So this was the day of the concert and BOY was I excited!!! It was just going to be my parents and I (I'm an only child, fyi). Jesus stayed home, which was okie dokie by me. We left our house around 1pm after my Dad got out of work. We ended up in LA around 2:30 (my Dad drives like a ).

First we drove by the Palladium where the concert was taking place so we knew where it was, none of us had been there before. I snapped this out the window.

Now, I mentioned earlier that I saw on the news that people were waiting in line since Friday. Well, I was wrong, the security guard told me Wednesday. WEDNESDAY! This was the line of people to get in the concert at around 2:40ish.

It was a general admissions concert, so everyone paid the same price ticket and seating was first come first serve. So if you were last, you sat in the back, well, more on that later.

Despite seeing the long line, this was me in the back seat

After that we flipped a U turn and headed to the El Capitan. A lot of the roads were blocked off because Sunday was also the day of the very famous Hollywood Santa Parade. So Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd were very crowded and busy with tons of people and street performers.

I forgot what street this was, but this is one road blocked off with a red carpet.

We parked at the Hollywood and Highland center and walked out the shopping center to see this

And this

Okay, I'm off to make cupcakes! So I'll finish up if I get a chance tonight! If not it's tomorrow!

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-26-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #83
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Diet Coke?

Okay, let's GOOO!!!

You mean Diet Pepsi.

Great start!! Wow, those people are nuts waiting so far ahead of time.
Can't wait to hear more! Don't forget to save me a cupcake.....
Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #84
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Sherry... I need a link, please

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #85
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Sherry... I need a link, please
I know you eventually found me, Travelmel, but didn't the link in my signature work? If not, then I have to tinker with it and see what's wrong!

Anyway, Courtney - I don't have a Coke open, but I am sitting here with my bottled water, anxiously awaiting the DLR trip rundown! I can't imagine how wonderful it must have been! You must tell those of us whose holiday trips are yet to come if there is anything special we should be looking for!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 12-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #86
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

How exciting! One of these days I will make it to the soda fountain and the El Capitan.

I love your pictures and I can't wait to read more! I'm in the backseat with you

Quote:
You mean Diet Pepsi.

Actually, she meant wine.

I wanna cupcake too!!!!! I hope you made enough to share with the class.
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #87
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
How exciting! One of these days I will make it to the soda fountain and the El Capitan.
Would you believe I live 5 minutes from Hollywood - and have ALWAYS lived in the same area - and have not been to the Disney soda fountain or inside the El Capitan?!!! Shameful, I know. I just haven't made it over there too often, or if I have, it has been with people who didn't want to go in! I think someone should ban me from DISboards! Quick! Take away my lifetime Mouse Mafia membership!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #88
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
You mean Diet Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi it is!!!

Quote:
I know you eventually found me, Travelmel, but didn't the link in my signature work? If not, then I have to tinker with it and see what's wrong!

Anyway, Courtney - I don't have a Coke open, but I am sitting here with my bottled water, anxiously awaiting the DLR trip rundown! I can't imagine how wonderful it must have been! You must tell those of us whose holiday trips are yet to come if there is anything special we should be looking for!
Woohoo!!! I've got a ton of Holiday goodness coming up!

Quote:

I love your pictures and I can't wait to read more! I'm in the backseat with you

Actually, she meant wine.

I wanna cupcake too!!!!! I hope you made enough to share with the class.
My parents said the El Capitan was beautiful inside.

Yay! We're crazy backseat hyper kids!!

We ALL know she meant wine!!

Quote:
Would you believe I live 5 minutes from Hollywood - and have ALWAYS lived in the same area - and have not been to the Disney soda fountain or inside the El Capitan?!!! Shameful, I know. I just haven't made it over there too often, or if I have, it has been with people who didn't want to go in! I think someone should ban me from DISboards! Quick! Take away my lifetime Mouse Mafia membership!
Aw, Sherry you should go! Go GO!!!

Okay, here's everyone's cupcakes!!!

Let's continue this thing!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #89
prettyprincessbelle

Jonas Brother's Concert Con't

Okay, so where were we?

OH YEAH!

While we were walking across Hollywood Blvd there was so much going on, it was nuts.

These giants kept walking around.

First my parents and I went to the will call booth outside the theater so they could pick up their VIP (very important parents! ) tickets. While I was waiting for them I saw this awesome poster for an upcoming movie in 3D.

You know who's going to be there dancing and singing in the movie with 3D glasses on right? ME!!

We made our way 5 steps down the street and into the Soda Fountain. It was a little busy inside but we were seated right away.

It's so cute in there, I loved it so much, it's very Disney (duh). We were seated right away, but my Mom and I ditched my Dad and went to go look at all the merch they had. They had a super cute Bolt shirt I should have bought. They also had a lot of Christmas stuff that they also sell at Disneyland. A lot of the stuff was very cute, but I have seen it at the parks one time or another.

After we looked around, my Mom and I sat down and my Mom snapped this. Behind my head you can see they had it all decorated for Christmas.

These are what the cover of the menus look like. I think they're so cute with Minnie and Mickey all in love.

Our waitress came and we ordered our drinks and lunch. And we all order the same thing, smart people we are!

We all order chili in a bread bowl.

It came with sour cream, onions, and cheddar cheese on the side.

It was very very good and really filling, I could barely eat the bread bowl. The bread wasn't as good as the bread at DLR, but it was still yummy.

I wanted to order ice cream, but I was too full. So were my parents. That just means next time we have to go back and get ice cream!

So after we ate we decided it was time to go wait in line at the JB concert.

But first I took a picture of the most important star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Disneyland!

Ay! Stop stepping on it!

Thank you!

Next: Our almost mile walk to the Hollywood Palladium and the Jonas Brothers!!!

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-17-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #90
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Oooh, the Paladium IS quite a little jaunt from the Disney Store! I hope you wore comfortable shoes!

Does anyone here remember INXS (I mean the old version of the band, with the singer who is now dead, not the new version)? I think they were who I saw the last time I was in the Paladium! Yikes!!!!! I may as well be 108 years old!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: