Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #136
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

You're so fun Courtney

I KNOW you had an amazing time; I can tell from the pictures. Oh and Eric is the same way about cars. Both of his cars were mustangs. The first one was an '87 5.0 GT and his last one was a 2001 (?) GT. He's a mustang fanatic. He also works on cars so when we drive, he always makes sure our cars in PERFECT condition. HAHA !

I'm surprised that you don't like HMH being a NBC fan! Thats crazy. Oh and I loooove those janitors. We saw them on our October trip and they are soo fantastic! Oh and the walkthrough !? ! How cool is that! I soo wanna see that

I can't wait to hear more!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #137
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

I'm not surprised you couldn't find any air. With all that smog it must cost a FORTUNE to filter it down there.

just kidding, don't yell at me, I'm a native! LOL Ex-patriot?? I dunno but I was born there.

Here's the bad thing. I decided I can't look at the Xmas decorations. I'm going to try and read your TR from my email so I can keep up with it but I don't wanna see the xmas decor because we are going next year for xmas and I want it to be fresh. Weird?

I'll still keep reading though!

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #138
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Here's the bad thing. I decided I can't look at the Xmas decorations. I'm going to try and read your TR from my email so I can keep up with it but I don't wanna see the xmas decor because we are going next year for xmas and I want it to be fresh. Weird?
I agree !! I was having a hard time looking because we're going to be there in a couple of weeks and it was kind of revealing things that I would see when I get there. I'm probably going to end up looking at everything anyway!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #139
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

And I am the exact opposite - my trip is in 6 days and I want to see it all! I want to see all the pictures of everything so I make sure not to overlook something cool (which often happens when we go to DLR)! So, uh, Courtney, if you could just do a separate TR for ME, so I could see all the pictures, and then the other TR for the ones who don't want the surprises ruined, then that would be great!!! It's not like that would take too much time or anything... I am just kidding, OF COURSE!

Oh, and I love all the Castle and garland pictures so far! Great!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 12-13-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: left out a word!
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
And I am the exact opposite - my trip is in 6 days and I want to see it all! I want to see all the pictures of everything so I make sure not to overlook something cool (which often happens when we go to DLR)! So, uh, Courtney, if you could just do a separate TR for ME, so I could see all the pictures, and then the other TR for the ones who don't want the surprises ruined, then that would be great!!! It's not that would take too much time or anything... I am just kidding, OF COURSE!

You're so funny Sherry !!

I agree with you about the garland and castle; absolutely beautiful
Old 12-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #141
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
You're so funny Sherry !!

I agree with you about the garland and castle; absolutely beautiful
Yes, those are lovely images in those pictures. It's especially nice because of the contrast between the blue sky and the Christmas decorations. Normally we think of holiday decor and snow or at least gray skies, but out here in California it's a different story! And yet those images are still Christmasy, even though it looks like it's summer!

Sort of OT for a second - have you guys seen any of these Travel Channel specials on the Most Christmasy Places in America, or Extreme Christmas decorations, etc.? First of all, those will definitely put anyone who is not quite in the Christmas mood on the right track (I also recommmend the great movie, "Love Actually," which is an excellent and funny, Christmasy romantic comedy-drama). Secondly, why is it that I have never heard of this town in Washington state (Leavenworth, I think it's called) that does up its whole town in a Bavarian Christmas village type motif for the holidays? Everyone in the town comes to the village and it is absolutely beautiful - it almost makes me want to move to Washington - just for that Leavenworth Christmas! It looks like something out of a Thomas Kinkade snowy painting, except with a Bavarian twist! People come form other states and far away places to be in Leavenworth to see all the cool Christmasy stuff, and I had never heard of it before I watched the Travel Channel shows!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #142
kmab00
DIS Veteran

The view from your room really is amazing! Wow!

Looks like you guys had a great first day! I think it's neat you saw all of those characters...and the Dream Team! Wow! I probably would have stalked them but I understand why you didn't!

Can't wait to hear more!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #143
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Oooooh - Courtney, you have a picture with Christmas Mickey and Minnie in your signature! Where did you find them in DLR? I must find them too! And I am dying to know what your cool souvenir is that you got! Did you finally find a stuffed Little Green Man alien dude somewhere?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #144
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Did I read correctly (over on the controversial HoJo thread) that you and Jesus are *thinking* about going to DLR next Saturday (Dec. 20th) and staying until Sunday? Well, if so, you MUST look for me, because you know I will be there that weekend too (as will Nancy, TiggerNZ, Cheshire Girl and several others)! In fact, I will probably be by myself on Sunday afternoon. I am vague on what everyone else looks like and may not recognize them right away, but I think I would spot you and Jesus right away if we happened to be in the same place at the same time!!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #145
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Oh wow! I love it!!! The pictures of the castle are so pretty. I so wish I was there right now!! And how cool you were able to do the walk through.
Hiya Beth! I was so happy the walk through was open! I wish you guys were there right now too!! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
You're making me want to go to Disneyland to see all the holiday stuff! Stop it!

Looks like your first day has been really exciting so far! Oddly enough, I'm now craving a Coke.
You know you wanna go! Go go! And get a Coke!

Quote:
You're so fun Courtney

I KNOW you had an amazing time; I can tell from the pictures. Oh and Eric is the same way about cars. Both of his cars were mustangs. The first one was an '87 5.0 GT and his last one was a 2001 (?) GT. He's a mustang fanatic. He also works on cars so when we drive, he always makes sure our cars in PERFECT condition. HAHA !

I'm surprised that you don't like HMH being a NBC fan! Thats crazy. Oh and I loooove those janitors. We saw them on our October trip and they are soo fantastic! Oh and the walkthrough !? ! How cool is that! I soo wanna see that

I can't wait to hear more!
You're fun, Jasmine!! That's funny about the boys and cars. At least isn't the only one about Mustangs. I thought something was wrong with him! You should see when Jesus washes his, it takes him like 2 days. So weird.

I like HMH, we went on it like 5 times this trip, but I do like the original better. I'm weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
I'm not surprised you couldn't find any air. With all that smog it must cost a FORTUNE to filter it down there.

just kidding, don't yell at me, I'm a native! LOL Ex-patriot?? I dunno but I was born there.

I'll still keep reading though!
Lol, cover your eyes!!!

Quote:
I agree !! I was having a hard time looking because we're going to be there in a couple of weeks and it was kind of revealing things that I would see when I get there. I'm probably going to end up looking at everything anyway!
See I was the same way as Sherry! I wanted to see everything!!!!

Quote:
And I am the exact opposite - my trip is in 6 days and I want to see it all! I want to see all the pictures of everything so I make sure not to overlook something cool (which often happens when we go to DLR)! So, uh, Courtney, if you could just do a separate TR for ME, so I could see all the pictures, and then the other TR for the ones who don't want the surprises ruined, then that would be great!!! It's not like that would take too much time or anything... I am just kidding, OF COURSE!

Yep! I totally understand and I was the same way!! I should make a Sherry only TR for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmab00 View Post
The view from your room really is amazing! Wow!

Looks like you guys had a great first day! I think it's neat you saw all of those characters...and the Dream Team! Wow! I probably would have stalked them but I understand why you didn't!

Can't wait to hear more!
I know, I was so surprised about our view. Every morning I woke up and looked out the window "Good Morning Matterhorn!!!"

Quote:
Oooooh - Courtney, you have a picture with Christmas Mickey and Minnie in your signature! Where did you find them in DLR? I must find them too! And I am dying to know what your cool souvenir is that you got! Did you finally find a stuffed Little Green Man alien dude somewhere?
We saw Mickey and Minnie right in the front, in front of the Mickey flower head. They were both standing there without a CM handler. It was really weird and the line was really short!!! Oh and you'll see in my next post, Sherry!!! I was totally thinking of you about the Alien!!!!!

Quote:
Did I read correctly (over on the controversial HoJo thread) that you and Jesus are *thinking* about going to DLR next Saturday (Dec. 20th) and staying until Sunday? Well, if so, you MUST look for me, because you know I will be there that weekend too (as will Nancy, TiggerNZ, Cheshire Girl and several others)! In fact, I will probably be by myself on Sunday afternoon. I am vague on what everyone else looks like and may not recognize them right away, but I think I would spot you and Jesus right away if we happened to be in the same place at the same time!!
I know, the drama Hojo thread! Yes! We're *thinking*. We want to take Jesus' brothers and it's up to them. I have a feeling we won't and I don't want to get my hopes up. But it's up to the boys if they want to see the Christmas decorations. I'm going over tonight, so we'll see what they say. I'll totally let you know so I can find you!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #146
prettyprincessbelle

Disneyland - Day 1 Con't

So looking at my times on my pictures we stayed at the hotel for about 3 hours. We got at the Hojo right at 3 and walked back to DL at around 6. The walk to and from the Hojo was seriously a breeze. We were in building 1, so I don't know how much farther it is when you stay in other buildings, but it was really easy. I took us probably 6 or 7 minutes.

I think these are so pretty.

They had all the Candlelight Processional stuff up already. They kept adding more every night. I had pictures of it, but they got deleted when the memory card got full.

We ended up in NOS because we were hungry. Jesus felt like a Monte Cristo and I couldn't argue. I asked the CM how long it would take to seat us, she said 5 to 20 minutes. Uh, okay. We put our name in and were seated in about 10 minutes. We just wandered in the stores until they called our name.

For appetizer we ordered the Pommes Frites and we scarfed those down. We were tempted to ask for more dipping sauce, but I had to control myself or I wouldn't finish my dinner.

We ordered the Monte Cristo and asked to split it. They brought it to us on one plate but with 2 sauces. We didn't mind sharing anyways, so it was no big deal.

I ordered a Mint Julep! Yum. Jesus got a boring iced tea. Booorrrrriiinng.

So normally table service places charge you $4 for a split plate charge. Well I guess because literally the CM didn't give us 2 plates I guess that's not "splitting" the meal, he didn't charge us $4. He obviously knew we were splitting because he gave us 2 sauces. We thought this was super nice and he got a nice tip from us. I bet he didn't charge us because we didn't complain that he didn't give us 2 plates. We both finished the entire plate, and I was suprised by my part that I ate all of it! The Monte Cristo is so filling and rich.

After dinner just wondered around. We had our Space FPs and for some reason we didn't use them. I think we forgot. Actually we didn't ride one "big" ride this whole trip, except for Screamin' at DCA. We ended up in Tomorrowland and just looked in all the stores. In the Buzz store we found this little guy.

Now, Sherry knows I like the little green aliens from Toy Story and she likes them too. And since forever I've been on the hunt for just a plain alien stuffed toy. And we can not find them. Well I found this guy hiding underneath really cute stuffed Buzz and Woodys who look like babies (I should have taken a picture of them, they're really cute). This little alien, when you pressed him he shakes and talks. I liked him, but I wanted something soft that didn't talk or shake!! But I had no luck and now I'm thinking I should have gotten him.

See, aren't these guys cute??

We wanted to watch the fireworks in front of IASWH, so we walked over there. We got a spot right on the platform thingy that's there. Seriously, watching them from over here is such a different experience than from watching them in front of the castle. They project really cute things on the IASWH facade. Well, it was so dang foggy that night. You couldn't see anything. We were waiting for them to cancel but they didn't. It was still really nice though.

Here's us waiting for the fireworks.

Here's picture of the fireworks.

On some of them you couldn't see anything, just the sky turned colors like this. Doesn't it look creepy?

...CONT...

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-17-2009 at 10:46 PM.
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #147
prettyprincessbelle

Disneyland - Day 1 Con't

...CONT...

And then, OMG, it started to snow. And seriously, this was a snow BLIZZARD! We experienced the snow last year on Main Street and no way did it snow this much over there. I don't know if they added more snow since last year or what, but it was crazy!

This is me being happy and Jesus being happy and looking at the snow. Seriously, my eyes were watering. It was too much for me seeing so many people playing and dancing in the snow. Even if it was just bubbles. And the music? Oh man, I lost it.

See! Look at all the bubbles in our hair! It was madness.

After the fireworks, the park was closing so we just walked really slow to go back to the hotel. We wandered through Fantasyland and I think we looked through all the shops again before we went out.

Look at all the people! Don't you have work tomorrow!!!??

We're home!!

Then we went to bed!! It was a semi-productive 1st day. The next day is where the trip got interesting. Somebody got sick and it wasn't Jesus.

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-17-2009 at 10:47 PM.
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #148
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

First of all, uh-oh....sounds like you got sick! Hopefully that didn't ruin everything for you, but we will find out in the next chapter!

Secondly, you're right - from those snow pictures, it does look like a lot more than what they dumped on Main Street last year. I LOVE that! I think they should dump those bubbles all over the park, in every land! The snowier, the better, in my opinion!

Next, I love the picture of the Teacups - those lanterns look so beautiful when they are lit up at night. And you're right - the picture of the red sky does look creepy and doomsday-ish!

Finally, the Little Green Alien Man that you found must be what I recalled seeing! It was driving me nuts because I thought I had quickly passed through some shop at some point last year and seen a stuffed Alien out of the corner of my eye (and didn't stop to look at it), but it must have been the one that moves and talks. I hope if you change your mind and decide to get him in the future that there are still some left. Seeing that he was hiding underneath baby Buzz and baby Woody (one has giant teeth, the other one has an enormous head!), this must mean the alien men are becoming extinct! I love all the Disney characters as babies. I love the Disney Cuties series because they look like Disney characters as if they were drawn by Hello Kitty/Sanrio! They have big, giant heads! I almost got some pins I found in World of Disney with baby Pooh and his giant head, and the baby Mickey and his giant head, but I restrained myself!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #149
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Couldn't keep my eyes off of those pomme frites!

Yummmmm E!

Nice bubble-blizzard!

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #150
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Mmmmm, food porn and Christmas. I'm lovin it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: