Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #31
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

OK, I really have nothing to say, I just wanted to get started on the new thread.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Old 11-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #32
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulasShadow View Post
There...carried your quote over so we don't have to hop between threads.

I personally don't think about Christmas until the last gourd rots.
Thanks Mindy!

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #33
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
There...carried your quote over so we don't have to hop between threads.

I personally don't think about Christmas until the last gourd rots.
My family is just the opposite. We start Christmas next weekend and lasts through mid January. On one side of my family, my grandparents are devout snowbirds and refuse to come back up to the frigid north country unless its an emergency. They make it a habit to leave on opening day of rifle season. Then between the multilpe marriages/divorces in my fairly large immeadiate family, we attend six or seven holidays, brining us through the second/third weekend in the new year.

However, I don't start decorating before my birthday. Its just not right!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #34
dpuck1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Hey...I'm in! The fact we are starting a part 2 thread for the cruise makes it seem a bit closer to May 10th, 2009, doesn't it?
If my calculations are correct, I can start making ressies for dining around the cruise on Sunday! Whoohooo

Anyone else making ADRs soon? What and where?

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #35
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
If my calculations are correct, I can start making ressies for dining around the cruise on Sunday! Whoohooo

I know, can't believe the 6 month mark is almost here - Usually I know all the adr's I'm going to make, but this time I'm stumped. I think I'm waiting for the park hours to come out then I'll make a decision.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #36
scarlett873
Surrounded by true friends
... and they are the wind beneath my wings.

If I had it my way, our Christmas stuff would be out NOW! I love decorating for Christmas...gives the house a warm and cozy feel!

In loving memory of the most amazing man to grace my life...
Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #37
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post

My calculations have Sunday as 181 days until sailing...so I think it depends on when you are planning on dining.

Is anyone planning a gathering for dinner on Saturday?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #38
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
My calculations have Sunday as 181 days until sailing...so I think it depends on when you are planning on dining.

I'm going to wait and see if the gang has any pre-cruise gatherings in mind before I think about making my own plans.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #39
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
I'm going to wait and see if the gang has any pre-cruise gatherings in mind before I think about making my own plans.
Speaking of things the gang has in mind...has anybody heard if Kevin is back to 100%?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #40
scarlett873
Surrounded by true friends
... and they are the wind beneath my wings.

We'll be traveling with my brother and his wife, but they don't know it yet! I am sooooooooooooooo excited for the big Christmas reveal for them! Anyway, they are non-DISers, as of now, but that may change after the holidays are over. If they choose to remain non-DISers, we'll have to gently ease them into the madness.

Anyway, we had considered doing Disney Quest upon arrival into Orlando on that Saturday. But we haven't made definite plans yet. We do know that we won't be going into any parks though...just not in the budget for us on that trip.

I'm waiting to make our final plans on two things: 1. my brother and his wife finding out that they are going with us and 2. if the Podcast team have anything planned for the night before.

If no plans are made, we may stick to the Downtown Disney area for dinner.

In loving memory of the most amazing man to grace my life...
Old 11-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #41
dpuck1998

Quote:

I'm getting there a little early so my calculations must be right on I'm not sure what I'm doing the pre cruise dining, but we are meeting friends on the post cruise so we have those plans ready. Jikos, 1900 and Le Cellier are the dinner plans. Considering a Wishes cruise, but don't want to over do it on the short 3 day post cruise stay.

April10'POR
Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #42
dpuck1998

Quote:
My family is just the opposite. We start Christmas next weekend and lasts through mid January. On one side of my family, my grandparents are devout snowbirds and refuse to come back up to the frigid north country unless its an emergency. They make it a habit to leave on opening day of rifle season. Then between the multilpe marriages/divorces in my fairly large immeadiate family, we attend six or seven holidays, brining us through the second/third weekend in the new year.

However, I don't start decorating before my birthday. Its just not right!
When is your birthday?

We are similar, our inlaws leave for Florida soon so we have xmas with them in November. I like to get in the spirit before then and I like to decorate before I have to risk my life in the snow and ice to hang lights.

April10'POR
Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #43
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

Quote:
I'm thinking along the same lines. For one night, I'm not worring about it. Btw Swan/Dolphin and the B'walk area there are plenty of options.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #44
dpuck1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett873 View Post
We'll be traveling with my brother and his wife, but they don't know it yet! I am sooooooooooooooo excited for the big Christmas reveal for them! Anyway, they are non-DISers, as of now, but that may change after the holidays are over. If they choose to remain non-DISers, we'll have to gently ease them into the madness.

Anyway, we had considered doing Disney Quest upon arrival into Orlando on that Saturday. But we haven't made definite plans yet. We do know that we won't be going into any parks though...just not in the budget for us on that trip.

I'm waiting to make our final plans on two things: 1. my brother and his wife finding out that they are going with us and 2. if the Podcast team have anything planned for the night before.

If no plans are made, we may stick to the Downtown Disney area for dinner.
We are going to do Disney Quest on Friday or Saturday not sure which yet. Don't tell Kevin, but we have to eat at T-Rex as some point also!! My Kids love the Rainforest even if the food is decent at best.

April10'POR
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #45
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

I will be making ADR's at Jiko and Narcoossee's for after the cruise. I want to leave my arrival day, Saturday, open in case there are any pre cruise events.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: