Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #76
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeyapp View Post
I am truly enjoying your tales and can't wait to read more. We are going on our first Western cruise the end of June with our two sons.............they will be 12 and 13 by then. We are all really excited about the pending trip and reading all your antics is a blast. Great to see all the wonderful pictures. It's FREEZING here and so nice to be swept away from this crazy winter.

We had arctic temperatures here throughout most of January. It finally thawed last week and all the snow on my deck (chest high) melted. Unfortunately it got cold again and once again....it's snowing! I came here to try to take a mental cruise away from the snow.

I am an altered artist
cyndid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #77
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

Yeah, thanks for the latest installment. Really good, I wish I was back on the magic with you guys.

Can I just say I totaly agree with you about the cofee, I wish they would just bring you a pot, After 2 mornings of asking for coffee about 4 times( yes I am a caffiene junky,thats what night shift does) I nearly went to the help yourself bit on deck 9 and filled up a paper cup of coffe to take with me.

4 day Wonder,7 night west Magic,Magical west bound TA,Wonderful panama canal.
orlandothebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #78
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Great reviews!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #79
Mickey4me!
Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!

Really enjoying your TR! We're booked on the 10/17 Western and I hope our weather is as good as yours seemed to be! We'll be cruising with our 24 yr old daughter and her fiance (3rd DCL for us, 1st for her fiance) and I am going to forward them a link to your report. We're also hoping my sister and BIL can join us on the trip as she, like you, has an Oct. 19th b'day.

Thanks for the report and can't wait to read more!
YC - Oct'04,WLV - Nov'04, BWV - Nov'05, BCV - Jan'06, SS - Nov'06, OKW - Nov'07, HHI - Jan'09 DCL - Oct'09 DCL - Dec'10, AKL - Nov'10, DCL & OKW - Oct'11, DCL & BWV - Feb'13, AKV - SEPT.'14, DCL Magic B2B - Nov'15

Mickey4me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #80
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey4me! View Post
Really enjoying your TR! We're booked on the 10/17 Western and I hope our weather is as good as yours seemed to be! We'll be cruising with our 24 yr old daughter and her fiance (3rd DCL for us, 1st for her fiance) and I am going to forward them a link to your report. We're also hoping my sister and BIL can join us on the trip as she, like you, has an Oct. 19th b'day.

Thanks for the report and can't wait to read more!
Our weather was good but not perfect, but I am sure dear cindi will get to that Now we also cruised oct 06 and it really was perfect!! Not a single cloud the whole time. Enjoy your cruise and I wish i was going with you and all the lovely jubbly friends I met on our cruise.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 AM   #81
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandothebeagle View Post
Our weather was good but not perfect, but I am sure dear cindi will get to that Now we also cruised oct 06 and it really was perfect!! Not a single cloud the whole time. Enjoy your cruise and I wish i was going with you and all the lovely jubbly friends I met on our cruise.
We had great weather the first couple of days and then a couple of rainy days. Of course being on the ship makes the rain not such a big factor. I was okay with the rain every day EXCEPT our Castaway Cay day.
Which leads me to another point: Keep your expectations in check. Enjoy everything regardless of the weather and other circumstances. You will have a wonderful time.

I am an altered artist
Old 02-26-2009, 05:50 AM   #82
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandothebeagle View Post
Yeah, thanks for the latest installment. Really good, I wish I was back on the magic with you guys.

Can I just say I totaly agree with you about the cofee, I wish they would just bring you a pot, After 2 mornings of asking for coffee about 4 times( yes I am a caffiene junky,thats what night shift does) I nearly went to the help yourself bit on deck 9 and filled up a paper cup of coffe to take with me.

That was the only day I remember having an issue with the coffee, so that was good. I am a bit of a coffee snob, though. I truly expect my cup to never go dry. LOL

Miss you Lynne.

I am an altered artist
Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #83
Colmenares3
Mouseketeer

Cool! I haven't checked the DIS for a couple weeks, and it was such a nice surprise to have a new installment to read.

We're signed up for a four-night in Jan 2010 (a TourGuideMiKE group cruise). I'll have to content myself with that, and hope that y'all on the transatlantic cruises write TRs!
Colmenares3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #84
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmenares3 View Post
Cool! I haven't checked the DIS for a couple weeks, and it was such a nice surprise to have a new installment to read.

We're signed up for a four-night in Jan 2010 (a TourGuideMiKE group cruise). I'll have to content myself with that, and hope that y'all on the transatlantic cruises write TRs!
That sounds much better than a big fat zero cruise like we get this year!
We loved the 4 night cruise port of calls a few years ago Erica, I hope you and all your family are well, i look at out CC photo a lot, beam me up scotty!

Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #85
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

I don't know if you've read my trip report or not, but my daughter Alexis looks alot like your daughter. I love your trip report, and Alexis keeps pointing and saying..look it's me when I'm big.
Our trip report is Our Journey to Brent land and Back...
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #86
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

This is the closest picture I could find that they are posed the same...LOL, it was taken last year.
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #87
cakesnjammom
DIS Veteran

loved the report and pics! I am pming you a question too!

how private is the ladies locker room area for showering....did you get a photo of the actual shower there? I am thinking of doing showers there too...I am assume I can send dh and ds to the men's locker room? Thanks
cakesnjammom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #88
WAHkoMom
Mouseketeer

This is a great TR! My family (me, DH, DD11 and DS8/9) are taking the April 18th Western Caribbean cruise, so I'm scouring the boards for reports like yours - great write-ups and pictures. Thanks for the picture of your birthday cake, as we'll be celebrating my son's birthday (he's turning 9) the first night.

Really thankful for your reinforcement of other's tips, such as the over-the-door shoe organizer, ABC Liquors, PB&J room service and spa showers. Looking forward to more installments!
WAHkoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #89
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleCreations View Post
This is the closest picture I could find that they are posed the same...LOL, it was taken last year.
They do look an awful lot alike! My daughter has several doppelgangers...two of them were on her swim team a couple of years ago. I actually went up to one of them thinking she was my daughter until she gave me a dumb look...she was THAT close!

I am an altered artist
Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #90
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesnjammom View Post
loved the report and pics! I am pming you a question too!

how private is the ladies locker room area for showering....did you get a photo of the actual shower there? I am thinking of doing showers there too...I am assume I can send dh and ds to the men's locker room? Thanks
I do have a picture of the shower area...It is very nice. There are two of them. They are in a small hallway that is divided from the rest of the women's sitting area by a bamboo screen. At the time of day that I was there, there was never anyone else there.

I am an altered artist

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: