Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #256
KatheeME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenof2princesses View Post

Please watch the show and reply back with which one you could eliminate. Honestly. Sorry to hijack, but this was out of line, and needed to be squashed. JK did not intend on having this many children, GOD gave them this many!! As the daughter of a 14-year old, unmarried pregnant girl back in 1972 (legal RvW), I count my blessings for being alive, and will not even begin a debate on abortion, because I will never stop. Just please, watch the show a few times, and think about it really hard. Life is precious, how can we treat it like it is nothing?

As for Kate, I think she is brilliant. Rather than selectively killing a child or 2, she accepted GOD's gift for her and Jon. I am sure when JK prayed for GOD's will, and asked for his provision, they couldn't have possibly imagined the BLESSINGS they are getting now

I know from all of my budgeting for this crazily addictive little mouse, there is no way they could do it for their children without this show. All of the other things they get to experience with their children would never happen without it. My hat is off to all of the parents of large multiples. I have a hard enough time clothing, feeding, and entertaining (DISNEY) 2 kids, well 3 including myself! I think the product placement/kickbacks are way better than watching commercials. The products are shown in use over a longer period of time. I love watching the kids get their coats, and seeing all the different colors. In the real world, which girl would get the new coat, cause somebody's getting the twins hand me downs. I can bet they are giving all the old clothes/toys to charity, and not wasting their time with yard sales.

Whenever I hear someone complain about exploitation, I do wonder if it is a little true. Then, I think of a life at home with 8 kids
I would feel sad knowing they didn't get to experience mickey... But, wait, I'm 35 and haven't been to Hawaii yet I can't imagine saving up to take 8 kids. I think as long as the kids want to do it, they should stay on. My kids and I love the show, and it is a much better alternative than anything else they are putting on these days, besides Disney channel, of course.
No, "god" didn't give them this many kids, a medical procedure did, and another medical procedure could have reduced the number of fetuses, that is FACT, not personal belief. Good grief.

Kathee
Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #257
KatheeME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheape1979 View Post
Thank you for that! I totally agree. I don't think anyone sets out to have that many children. I experienced infertility issues, and easily could have ended up with 2 or 3 on the drug I was taking. However, God chose to bless me with just one. When you are undergoing infertility issues, you yearn for just one child. If God chooses to give you more than one, you accept that as a blessing as well.
Back on the Medicaid thing. . . J & K worked jobs and paid taxes before this all started. My question to those blasting them is. . . what if you found yourself in a medical situation after working and paying taxes. Isn't that what the system is for? I don't for one minute condemn them for allowing their children to get the same medical care for the same cost as many people who've never worked and paid into the system.

Ok, this is going to get into a religious debate, and I don't think that is necessary. However, I KNOW that God gave me my children and I believe he knows every child, embryo, fetus, whatever before they are even born and loves them. Yes, science did help, but God made it possible.
Why not? Just because someone(s) think that "god" did this, when those of us use science and fact?

Kathee
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #258
KatheeME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsayin View Post
Yes, we can agree to disagree. I respect your beliefs, but I KNOW that God did not give me my children.
Amen Sister! LOL
Kathee
Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #259
problemchild718
DIS Veteran

So with eight kids to provide for, save for college, weddings, health issues-all on one income, in a failing economy with a house you are rapidly outgrowing you wouldn't take the extra check from J&J or Fisher Price? I would so I could sleep at night. Its not like they are promoting global warming or alcohol.

1977 Contemporary 1985 Off site 1987 Contemporary 1993 Caribbean Beach 2000 Contemporary 2004 Offsite 2005 POR engagement trip 2005 Bought SSR 2006 OKW trip 2008 SSR
Old 11-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #260
imsayin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
in a failing economy with a house you are rapidly outgrowing you wouldn't take the extra check from J&J or Fisher Price? I would so I could sleep at night.
It's one thing to take the check because you are in dire needs. It is another to sell out your kids. Historically, child stars do not look fondly on their childhoods and have problems as adults. And I believe these kids are now child stars. I couldn't sleep at night thinking about that.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #261
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I feel like I am stepping on a fire ant nest on PURPOSE here, but I just must say... I've been following this thread from the beginning because I was hoping it WOULD'T go the way that the J&K thread went over on the Community Board... but it did and I should not be surprised.

I just have to say this...... to all of you who are overly critical of J&K, who claim that they "hate" the show and/or they "hate" what J&K are doing to their kids, I have news for you. Your TV remote control has a button marked "OFF". When you come to a show that offends you or that you disagree with you can push that button and that offensive show disappears. Isn't that great technology??? Why would you waste your time and energy watching a show by/about people you don't like and then come over here and spend your time and energy bashing those same people???? I just don't get it. The OP was just questioning some budget choices that J&K may have. Now we are getting into a whole theological discussion about where babies come from, who has the right to "make" them, who has the right to decide how many, etc. WAAAAAY off topic.

There is another show on TLC about a family that I watched for a season or two. When I decided that I no longer cared for how they were raising their children and that I disagreed with choices they made, I STOPPED WATCHING! Easy peasy, lemon squeezie! Now I don't waste my time and electricity watching a show that I don't like and I don't waste my time on the DIS bashing them.

(STEPPING OFF SOAPBOX NOW and donning a flame retardant suit)..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #262
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Your TV remote control has a button marked "OFF". When you come to a show that offends you or that you disagree with you can push that button and that offensive show disappears. Isn't that great technology???
LOL!!
1976-offsite, 1985-offsite, April 1986-AS Sports, 1990 - AS Sports, Dec 1998 - AS Sports, June 2005 with DD for the first time - AS Music, July 2006 - Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs, July 2007 Poly, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Grand Floridian, Feb 2009 - Pop! June 2009 - Beach Club, March 2011 -Pop! June 2012 - Port Orleans FQ, March 2014 - Mother Daughter trip - POFQ, November 2014 - POFQ
Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #263
imsayin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I just have to say this...... to all of you who are overly critical of J&K, who claim that they "hate" the show and/or they "hate" what J&K are doing to their kids, I have news for you. Your TV remote control has a button marked "OFF". When you come to a show that offends you or that you disagree with you can push that button and that offensive show disappears. Isn't that great technology??? Why would you waste your time and energy watching a show by/about people you don't like and then come over here and spend your time and energy bashing those same people???? I just don't get it.
It's entertaining, maybe even more so if you disagree with their parenting, etc. I also find the whole fame-seeker phenomenom amazing. I wouldn't want to watch a show with a family like mine where the parenting is perfect . It would be boring.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #264
goofyboyzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsayin View Post
It's entertaining, maybe even more so if you disagree with their parenting, etc. I also find the whole fame-seeker phenomenom amazing. I wouldn't want to watch a show with a family like mine where the parenting is perfect . It would be boring.
November/December 2004 - 1 Night All-Sports/7-Day Disney Magic/3-Nights Dixie Landings
October 2005 - 1st Stay at Saratoga Springs as DVC Members
November 2006 - Saratoga Springs for Thanksgiving!!!
November/December 2007 - Saratoga Springs
April 2008 - Port Orleans-Riverside
November/December 2009 - Saratoga Springs
November 2011 - Saratoga Springs
November/December 2013 - Saratoga Springs

Me DH DS DS DS Ranger

Old 11-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #265
peanut1967
DIS Veteran

I live in the UK and have just watch my first episode of Jon & Kate. This was the one where she is talking about budgeting and Christmas.....the one where she treats Jon like he is one of the kids in Toys r us....How dos he put up with her, she talked to him really bad at one point I thought she had forgot that he was her husband and that he was the family pet instead!
2009 2 weeks in Villa and Week at AKL CL...WOW
2012 3 weeks OKW our adoption celebration.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #266
i3utterfli82
Disneyliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild718 View Post
So with eight kids to provide for, save for college, weddings, health issues-all on one income, in a failing economy with a house you are rapidly outgrowing you wouldn't take the extra check from J&J or Fisher Price? I would so I could sleep at night. Its not like they are promoting global warming or alcohol.
It would be one thing this this were the truth about J&K. They are making in the millions per year now, going on free trips, having a house built for free, etc. People are still buying that they are a struggling family, and they are not!

I am not against the offers they receive, but at some point Kate should act more grateful...this is what I do not see. She just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #267
Kycha
I'm a grouch with a heart
The raccoon wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3utterfli82 View Post
It would be one thing this this were the truth about J&K. They are making in the millions per year now, going on free trips, having a house built for free, etc. People are still buying that they are a struggling family, and they are not!
I don't think of them as struggling, I think of them as smart. Having a budget, no matter what their income is smart. And who knows how long their money train will be rolling in. They do have 8 kids to provide for, over the next 18+ years, and that includes college. And where did you get this information that they are having a home built for them for free? Plus, they have only had their series for a year and a half. I don't think they have as much money as people think they do.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #268
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
I don't think of them as struggling, I think of them as smart. Having a budget, no matter what their income is smart. And who knows how long their money train will be rolling in. They do have 8 kids to provide for, over the next 18+ years, and that includes college. And where did you get this information that they are having a home built for them for free? Plus, they have only had their series for a year and a half. I don't think they have as much money as people think they do.
I agree with you. I just wanted to post that they are in their 3rd season I believe. I'm not sure how long it has been on, but I know they have done 3 seasons.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 11-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #269
Mickeyherewecome123
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen a picture of their new house?
I am anxious to see it.

(me, Fran) (Dh, John) (DS8, Justin) (DS8, Jason) (Lou Lou our Pug) (Zoey our baby Pug)

Previous trips: First trip with BFF 1993 stayed off site,
2000 with DH for our Honeymoon we stayed at Caribbean Beach,
May 2008 with Dh and our boys stayed at Port Orleans Riverside,
most recent trip April 2009 with my entire family and we stayed at POP
MY TRIP REPORT
Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #270
eduk8r26
DIS Veteran

The house in North Carolina with the pool that someone mentioned was a beach house they stayed at for a couple of weeks while down there. I've not heard anywhere on the show they actually have bought one, just that they are looking at property.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: