Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
di$neyf@n
Mouseketeer

Halloween Madness Pre-trip report

Well here is my first attempt at doing a pre-trip report.

Me (35)- Crazy Disneyfan
DH (40- he'll hate that I put his age down) Normal Disneyfan
DS (16)- likes Disney, wouldn't say he is a huge fan but does appreciate how lucky we are to go often
DS (14)- typical moody teenager who acts like he could care less if we go
DD (10)- not as excited as she used to be about princesses and Minnie because she is so old now
DS (8)- likes Disney ok, he is starting to act too old too sigh

Right now I am excited but a little crazed that we leave tomorrow already.

I am doing laundry inbetween getting everything else ready for this trip. I want to make sure we have warm and weather proof clothes ready to pack tonight. Normally we leave early in the morning but being as I didn't want to take the kids out of school and DD has a dance recital we won't be leaving till probably 6pm I don't like driving in the dark and rain. At least DH just called and said we do have a van rental (our van died last week-it's fixed but we don't want to put more mileage on her) He sounds down- rough day at work.

Our plan is to get to the hotel by 10pm and go strait to sleep to be up and at the park by 8am Friday morning. I want to catch as many characters in Halloween dress as I can and use our EMH for a few rides before the rest of the world comes in.

I haven't made dining reservations yet. I will do that at some point today after I check the activity schedule for the weekend. I am really trying to stay positive and hope for the best with the wet weather and insane crowds it sounds like is going to happen this weekend. I just hope I can get some good pictures.

I haven't decided if I am taking the laptop or not this weekend. If I do you will definitly know!

DISNEYLAND PARIS

July 2009 Explorers Hotel Dec. 2008 DLH CC Suite Oct. 2008 Explorers Hotel Aug. 2008 Explorers Hotel June 2008 DLH CC TB Suite
Nov/Dec 2007 Explorers Hotel Oct. 2007 Explorers Hotel Aug. 2007 Sequoia Lodge June 2007 Explorers Hotel
April 2007 Davy Crockett Ranch March 2007 Off Site Feb. 2007 Off Site June 2002 Davy Crockett Ranch

WALT DISNEY WORLD FLORIDA
May 2006 Pop Century March 2006 Off Site Sept. 2005 Off Site May 2005 Off Site Oct. 2004 Shades Of Green
di$neyf@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Im sure you'll have a great time.
Its always busy when we go as we have to go during school hols but with careful planning you can still avoid queues.
Make the most of EMH, position yourself at the right place at the end of EMH to get to where you want to go next, use FP
We also find eating at lunchtime gives us a chance to escape the crowds and then we can attack rides in the evening when everyone is trying to eat
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Have a great time, and fingers crossed you dont run into any smokers!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Anne64
Mouseketeer

Have a wonderful trip - I'm sure the halloween atmosphere will win over the crowds and weather

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: