Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #121
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Hey all you Diser's! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We went to Bryan's moms house and had a GREAT meal with our family! Yesterday I was up at 4:45am and hit Target for some of their great black friday deals! I also got lots of Disney deals too! I also ordered trading pins for the boys on ebay! I got 10 pins for 16 dollars plus free shipping! I also got each of the boys Donald t-shirts for $ 3.40 each! I got Eric a stuffed Pluto that he has been asking for too for $ 5.44 My favorite thing I got though was the Dyson vacuum that was on sale for $349 and then you got the free $100 Target Gift Card! I have had my eye on that baby for quite awhile! I will try to take pictures of my Disney themed purchases and post them later! Have a great weekend!

Diane
Old 11-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #122
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Wow, you got some great deals

Can't wait to see some pics
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #123
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Well, you are definitely doing better than I am -- I have made a total of one Christmas purchase.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #124
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

We were at Target on Black Friday too. I saw the vaccum that you looking at. We bought the LCD 27 in flat screen for $299. Not sure if we're going to keep it, but we didn't want to not get it at that price. You never know when it will go that cheap again.
Glad that you had a great Thanksgiving and that you were able to get some great Disney deals. I can't wait to see them!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 11-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #125
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Wow, you got some great deals

Can't wait to see some pics
Thanks Kelly! You know I took all the boys things to my moms to hide them from the boys and I forgot to take pics. I DO have the pins here though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Well, you are definitely doing better than I am -- I have made a total of one Christmas purchase.
This year there won't be many things under the tree because the boys are getting Wii! So my shopping list for them isn't too long! Does that make you feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
We were at Target on Black Friday too. I saw the vaccum that you looking at. We bought the LCD 27 in flat screen for $299. Not sure if we're going to keep it, but we didn't want to not get it at that price. You never know when it will go that cheap again.
Glad that you had a great Thanksgiving and that you were able to get some great Disney deals. I can't wait to see them!
That was such a GREAT buy on a TV! I hope you decide to keep it! I LOVE my new vacuum and it works GREAT! It felt weird to spend that much on a vacuum but we always buy cheap ones and in 1 year we need a new one The only thing we usually splurge on is Disney, of course!

Well we are going to "Deck the Halls" here today! Christmas music, family and Disney ornaments! Does it get any better?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #126
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

*Edited because I realized I already wished you a Happy Thanksgiving!*

Great deal on the pins! You go girl!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Last edited by carissanboys; 12-01-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #127
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Hi I saw a link to your PTR on Kaysmommie's TR and decided to check it out. Great PTR btw, your trip sounds so wonderful! 2 weeks and all that yummy Disney food!

I'm glad you're trying Boma for breakfast, it's incredible Also, WCC is super, you definately need to go there. The wait was normal for us and it was very fun, the atmosphere was beautiful and the kids had a super time...did I mention the food was great too and they have all you can drink shakes?

Oh, and about this question..."3.What night is Hoop Dee Doo Revue shown and what times? Also, if you book with a credit card do you pay in full at that time or is it just a "hold"? What happens if you are using your dining plan credits?" When you book with the dining plan you just use your CC to hold the reservation, it's required . They don't actually put anything on your card.

I'm looking forward to hearing more on your trip!

~Amy

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #128
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Amy! So good to see you! You're moving to Orlando??? Wow!

Diane - just wanted to say that I stated they do charge your credit card for Hoop Dee Doo, which they did, but we weren't on the Dining Plan. I didn't realize that made a difference.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #129
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post

Diane - just wanted to say that I stated they do charge your credit card for Hoop Dee Doo, which they did, but we weren't on the Dining Plan. I didn't realize that made a difference.
Hey You too!!!

We made ressies for hoop dee doo for the trip we didn't do this past Sept. and we had the dining plan. They just did a CC hold with the dining plan. If you were paying oop they definately would take the full amount I'm sure.

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #130
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*Edited because I realized I already wished you a Happy Thanksgiving!*

Great deal on the pins! You go girl!
That's OK Carissa, I'll take 2 Thanksgiving wishes! I was so excited about the pins!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Hi I saw a link to your PTR on Kaysmommie's TR and decided to check it out. Great PTR btw, your trip sounds so wonderful! 2 weeks and all that yummy Disney food!

I'm glad you're trying Boma for breakfast, it's incredible Also, WCC is super, you definately need to go there. The wait was normal for us and it was very fun, the atmosphere was beautiful and the kids had a super time...did I mention the food was great too and they have all you can drink shakes?

Oh, and about this question..."3.What night is Hoop Dee Doo Revue shown and what times? Also, if you book with a credit card do you pay in full at that time or is it just a "hold"? What happens if you are using your dining plan credits?" When you book with the dining plan you just use your CC to hold the reservation, it's required . They don't actually put anything on your card.

I'm looking forward to hearing more on your trip!

~Amy

WELCOME AMY!!! Thanks so much for finding us and posting!! We are so excited about the DxDDP! Thanks also for the info about HHDR!!

Quote:

Thanks Carissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Hey You too!!!

We made ressies for hoop dee doo for the trip we didn't do this past Sept. and we had the dining plan. They just did a CC hold with the dining plan. If you were paying oop they definately would take the full amount I'm sure.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #131
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I LOVE my new vacuum and it works GREAT! It felt weird to spend that much on a vacuum but we always buy cheap ones and in 1 year we need a new one The only thing we usually splurge on is Disney, of course!
I got a Dyson a year or so ago. Isn't it fabulous? I'm still fascinated watching all the dog hair get sucked up.

Happy belated Thanksgiving, pal! My mom's been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks with a bronchial infection but is doing fine now. We ended up scrambling around and having Thanksgiving at my house--she had wanted to do it this year but just wasn't able to.

HOLY COW!!! 28 reservations??? It looks like you're going to some great places and you've done a lot of planning. We give a big to Whispering Canyon. The boys will really get a kick out of it, I think.

ETA: HEY! I just realized you're going to be in WDW on my birthday!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #132
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
I got a Dyson a year or so ago. Isn't it fabulous? I'm still fascinated watching all the dog hair get sucked up.

Happy belated Thanksgiving, pal! My mom's been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks with a bronchial infection but is doing fine now. We ended up scrambling around and having Thanksgiving at my house--she had wanted to do it this year but just wasn't able to.

HOLY COW!!! 28 reservations??? It looks like you're going to some great places and you've done a lot of planning. We give a big to Whispering Canyon. The boys will really get a kick out of it, I think.

ETA: HEY! I just realized you're going to be in WDW on my birthday!
Thanks Amy! The Dyson is AWESOME! I am sorry your mom wasn't feeling well, I am glad she is feeling better! Thanks for the good review of WCC We are so excited to try a bunch of different restaurants!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #133
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Happy to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. We did too. Target had the best black Friday deals . I only went out for a little while though because I hate fighting crowds . I agree with the PP WCC has greta food and is really fun. I just put that update on my trippie yesterday.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #134
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
Happy to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. We did too. Target had the best black Friday deals . I only went out for a little while though because I hate fighting crowds . I agree with the PP WCC has greta food and is really fun. I just put that update on my trippie yesterday.

Thanks Nichole!! I am looking forward to WCC after all the great reviews on here! I read your update but haven't posted yet! I am actually just getting over the flu I am hoping to post a BIG update this weekend!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #135
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Thanks Nichole!! I am looking forward to WCC after all the great reviews on here! I read your update but haven't posted yet! I am actually just getting over the flu I am hoping to post a BIG update this weekend!
Hope you're feeling better, Diane!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: