Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #91
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Diane, so glad that you got part of your reservation!

28 ADRs! Wow! Sounds like you could pretty much eat at every restaurant on Disney property .
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 11-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #92
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Hey Diane - congrats on the ressies.

We've eaten at WCC and hardly had to wait at all. We usually eat fairly early though (reservation was probably for 5 p.m. or so). We all got the skillet to share and we loved it. I've heard lots of negative reviews, but we're not one of those.

28 ADRs - holy smokes!
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #93
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran
 
addicted2dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warren, NJ
Posts: 1,817

Wow! so exciting! two weeks would be heaven! Good luck and let us know how you do with the other part on Monday!
addicted2dizney is offline  
Old 11-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #94
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Wow! 28 ADR's!!! I am soooo jealous!!! Kind of crazy you have to keep calling back to get what you need... I've heard WCC is a great place to eat, with all those ADR's available, you should try it!!
Thanks so much! I think we will give WCC a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
We went on the 4th July to MK this year, and we honestly didn't have to wait anymore than about 15minutes for every ride we wanted to go on, we got on all the big rides, albeit some with fast passes, and lots of the littler ones, we were so suprised! The fireworks were amazing too. Definately well worth seeing!!
as for the 28 ADR's I pity the person that's sitting on the other end of the phone when you're making them all!!
Whoever gets my call that day will be thrilled when the call is over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Diane,
Excited for you and your reservation at SSR!

We ate at WCC when we stayed at the WL... we did not even have reservations and did not wait long, DH put our name in when it opened. Plus the lobby is fun to explore so I think even with a little wait time you could keep busy. Plus I think your family would enjoy the meal, it is fun!

Thanks too for the well wishes... I am not overly excited to go back, but teaching half day is good, so I will be okay. If only we had a better sleeper!
Thanks for the info on WCC Laura! I think we will go ahead and give it a try! I hope Luke changes his sleeping habits for you over the next few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Diane, so glad that you got part of your reservation!

28 ADRs! Wow! Sounds like you could pretty much eat at every restaurant on Disney property .
Thanks Jackie! Yes, it sure does feel like we will try every restaurant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hey Diane - congrats on the ressies.

We've eaten at WCC and hardly had to wait at all. We usually eat fairly early though (reservation was probably for 5 p.m. or so). We all got the skillet to share and we loved it. I've heard lots of negative reviews, but we're not one of those.

28 ADRs - holy smokes!
Thanks Carissa! I am going to schedule WCC based on all the great responses I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
Wow! so exciting! two weeks would be heaven! Good luck and let us know how you do with the other part on Monday!
Thanks Dana! We really are so excited for this trip! It will be nice to relax some, mixed in with the parks!
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 11-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #95
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,621

Congrats on getting the first part of your ressie


I hear downtown disney puts on a good show for 4th of July or I would try Epcot, as they handle larger crowds better

We at Whispering Canyon. My husband was not impressed. I enjoyed it. He did not care for the skillet as you got hardly anything

Trent loved the waiting area, which consists of Lincoln Logs. Kids have a blast playing there, which would be nice if you happen to encounter a long wait

With that many adrs, I would give it a shot
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 11-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #96
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,919

HOLY CRAP!!! 28 ressies?? You go girl.
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #97
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Congrats on getting the first part of your ressie


I hear downtown disney puts on a good show for 4th of July or I would try Epcot, as they handle larger crowds better

We at Whispering Canyon. My husband was not impressed. I enjoyed it. He did not care for the skillet as you got hardly anything

Trent loved the waiting area, which consists of Lincoln Logs. Kids have a blast playing there, which would be nice if you happen to encounter a long wait

With that many adrs, I would give it a shot
Thanks for all the tips Kelly! I think we will give WCC a try!



Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
HOLY CRAP!!! 28 ressies?? You go girl.
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #98
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession
 
CRSNDSNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,740

Congrats on your ressies!!!

We've only eaten bfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's good and the service is even better.
__________________
DVC Members since 2003: 7 Disney Cruises and Counting: AP holders
CRSNDSNY is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #99
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!
 
timandlesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 5,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the pixie dust!!

So at exactly 9:05 this morning I called DVC member services to make our ressie and I was told that the wait time was 10 minutes to speak to a representative After about 15 minutes I finally get on the line with someone. I told the CM that I wanted to make the ressie for SSR in a studio arriving on June 21st. Well you can only book 7 nights, so she said I have to call back on Monday and make a ressie for the final 3 nights. So it is official, we are booked for right now in a studio from 6/21-6/28 and I will call on Mon. for our final 3 nights. The other thing that was different was that because we were using our "bonus" points for this ressie, they process it differently and I will get our confirmation # via e-mail instead of directly over the phone The other thing that kind of bummed me out was that I can't make any requests until I get the confirmation #. The bottom line is we got a ressie!


Another new development.................when we check out of SSR on 7/1 we were going to just pay OOP for each meal but Bryan says we should just do the regular dining plan for those 4 nights So guess what! 5 more ADR'S / restaurants will be added to the list! Now we are at a grand total of 28 ADR'S!

We also need to decide what to do on the 4th of July! Definitely looking to avoid major crowds but would still like to see fireworks. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone ever eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe? How is it? How long is the wait once you check in? I think we would like to try it but have read negative reviews on the wait times!

Thanks for your help!
Congratulations!!!!! I didn't know about that 7 day thing, that stinks, looks like I'll be calling 2 x's next week too! We are still wondering what to do on the 4th also, no clue!!! Tim wants to do the parks, if we do I'm thinking the only one I'd want to do is Epcot because it's more spread out but it will still be a madhouse. The pics I've seen of the fireworks at MK from the Poly beach look amazing and I'd be happy doing that. Fireworks cruises are CRAZY expensive that night, around 600+ for the normal cruise.
We LOVE WCC, we go every year, did you see that in my TR last year? tim rode the horse around the restaraunt, great fun!!!
Lesley
__________________

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
timandlesley is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #100
morgtroy
Mouseketeer
 
morgtroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeast, USA
Posts: 331

Whispering Canyon is Great

I've been following along since your MK park opening, great TR's. Congratulations on DVC!
You asked about WCC so I thought I'd post.
We did WCC last year and it was one of our favorite meals. We really loved the food. My DH went on and on about it. He got the skillet. But my DS (7 at the time) had the most fun. The waiter at the table next to us started with him from the time we came in. My son loved it. He asked us if he could blow his straw paper at the waiter. We said, well, normally you can't but here you can. (They throw napkins and straws your way when they seat you). After that the waiter was like, ok kid, pretend there's an imaginary wall right here. Then he kept doing the eye motion, like I got my eye on you. This went on back and forth throughout our meal. Then he came back with the wooden box with bars down it that had "Canyon Jail" written on the bottom and set it on the table in front of my son. He was laughing so hard he couldn't stand it. Made for a great pic. We did the ketchup thing too, when we were done, DH, DS and DD took all the bottles to the next "screamer." It is a somewhat loud restaurant, but tons of fun. We were seated very quickly, maybe 5 minutes, but seamed less as we were checking out the beautiful lobby at WL.
We leave this Friday for our first trip to the world during the holidays. We're so excited.
Look forward to reading your TR. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Morgtroy

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
morgtroy is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #101
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Congrats on your ressies!!!

We've only eaten bfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's good and the service is even better.
Thank you! Glad you like WCC we are going to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Congratulations!!!!! I didn't know about that 7 day thing, that stinks, looks like I'll be calling 2 x's next week too! We are still wondering what to do on the 4th also, no clue!!! Tim wants to do the parks, if we do I'm thinking the only one I'd want to do is Epcot because it's more spread out but it will still be a madhouse. The pics I've seen of the fireworks at MK from the Poly beach look amazing and I'd be happy doing that. Fireworks cruises are CRAZY expensive that night, around 600+ for the normal cruise.
We LOVE WCC, we go every year, did you see that in my TR last year? tim rode the horse around the restaraunt, great fun!!!
Lesley
Yes, I will be calling back tomorrow morning! I do remember your TR and your WCC meal! It was hysterical! We are going to go ahead and book it! As for the 4th of July, I think the Poly beach might be our destination! I think we might just do counter service from the Poly and then hang out on the beach If we don't do that, we might do Epcot we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
I've been following along since your MK park opening, great TR's. Congratulations on DVC!
You asked about WCC so I thought I'd post.
We did WCC last year and it was one of our favorite meals. We really loved the food. My DH went on and on about it. He got the skillet. But my DS (7 at the time) had the most fun. The waiter at the table next to us started with him from the time we came in. My son loved it. He asked us if he could blow his straw paper at the waiter. We said, well, normally you can't but here you can. (They throw napkins and straws your way when they seat you). After that the waiter was like, ok kid, pretend there's an imaginary wall right here. Then he kept doing the eye motion, like I got my eye on you. This went on back and forth throughout our meal. Then he came back with the wooden box with bars down it that had "Canyon Jail" written on the bottom and set it on the table in front of my son. He was laughing so hard he couldn't stand it. Made for a great pic. We did the ketchup thing too, when we were done, DH, DS and DD took all the bottles to the next "screamer." It is a somewhat loud restaurant, but tons of fun. We were seated very quickly, maybe 5 minutes, but seamed less as we were checking out the beautiful lobby at WL.
We leave this Friday for our first trip to the world during the holidays. We're so excited.
Look forward to reading your TR. Thanks for sharing.

WELCOME BACK!! Thanks for the wonderful, detailed review of WCC! We would love to see the World over the holidays! Have a GREAT trip!!
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #102
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,979

Updated Dining List

I have spent the better part of this afternoon revamping our dining choices! It has been hard tracking credits and matching the restaurants up with the right park! Let's just hope that when Tour Guide Mike releases his charts, I guessed right! I also hope the 180 day ADR window opens up fully when they said it would on 12/22! Here we go...

June 21 Arrival Day(Father's Day)
Dinner - Kona Cafe

June 22 Day 1
B-Cape May Cafe*
L-Teppan Edo*
D-LeCellier

June 23 Day 2
B-Tusker House
D-Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) might do Chefs De France instead

June 24 Day 3
B-Crystal Palace
L-Liberty Tree Tavern*
D-Ohana

June 25 Day 4
B-Tusker House(if we want to)
L-Yak & Yeti
D-50's Prime Time*

June 26 Day 5
L- Sci Fi*
D-California Grill*

June 27 Day 6 (Our Anniversary)
B-Crystal Palace (again, if we want)
D-Yachtsman Steakhouse*

June 28 Day 7 (Day Off)
B-Chef Mickey's
D-Hoop Dee Doo Revue*

June 29 Day 8
L- Rose & Crown*
D- Cape May Cafe*

June 30 Day 9
D-1900 Park Fare*

July 1 Day 10 (switch to AKLV) & Regular Dining
B-Ohana*
D-Boma

July 2 Day 11
L- Coral Reef

July 3 Day 12
D-Whispering Canyon Cafe*

July 4 Day 13 Subject to change
B- Boma*
L- Kona(not sure yet)

July 5 Day 14 (Bryan's Birthday)
L-Tony's* or Crystal Palace

All of the restaurants with an * next to them will be something new for us! We are doing quite a few buffets but I think it will be a nice break for the boys from the same old boring kids menu and desserts!

I wonder how many times this will change between now and 12/23 when I can hopefully call to make them!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!! I will be calling Disney DVC again tomorrow to make our ressie for our last 3 nights at SSR!

Diane
__________________

Last edited by dddisrunner; 11-29-2008 at 08:30 AM.
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #103
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Boma for breakfast!
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #104
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,621

You got a lot of great places on your list. I can not wait to hear all your reviews

You probably already know, but don't forget that for Brian's birthday, he can get a disney gift card I believe for the value of a one day ticket, since you already have park passes
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #105
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran
 
addicted2dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warren, NJ
Posts: 1,817

Wow Diane! The choices look great! looking at a few of your earlier days I'm thinking that you are going to be full 24/7! that is a lot of food! The good thing is a bunch are buffets so you can really eat at your own pace. I can't wait for you to take this trip. Your last TR was so great and I can't wait to see more of the DVC. I'll be here waiting!
addicted2dizney is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.