Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #991
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post

Borrow away Sooze, the kids LOVED it! Yes we east coast peeps are silly although we don't go back to school until 9/2 this year!
I guess that's the big trade off... my students come back on AUGUST 10!! It is so miserably hot!! We have air-conditioning, of course, but recess is hilarious. All of the kids run around trying to find shade to sit in!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 06-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #992
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Thanks for sharing those sweet family moments. I think it is great that the guys are involved in Scouts. (Our principal is big into Scouts, and they are always going somewhere and doing something positive and productive. That's so great for those boys!)

I wouldn't have noticed if there was clutter or dust. All I saw was a DVC bag!!!
You are so sweet! Thanks for all the great compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
It IS the little things that get us excited, I AGREE!!!!!

So let the fun of the final few days begin! Can't wait to keep reading
Thanks!

Quote:
YEAH! What she said The weather here off and on, if I hear another weather report with "thundershowers possible" I am going to jump in a river! The one flowing outside my door b/c it has rained so much!!!

VERY cute boys! I have the same set! Three years apart

And the piles piles piles... yeah I have some already on my bedroom floor for folding.. I am trying to convince DH they are for our trip in 2 weeks... RIGHT.
Too funny, yes, I thought we would need a boat too!

Quote:
The pics of your boys and their teachers, TOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. Elementary school teachers, and I know lots of DIS members are, really are amazing people. I am convinced!!!

I love your piles of toiletries, suitcases, and your lists for the trip, btw... I didn't say so earlier, HOW FUN, 8 days!!!!!!

Okay, all caught up !!!!!
Glad you are caught up now! I agree, elementary teachers are a saintly breed! Only 6 days now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Hi Diane - just catching back up hubby and I took a trip to the keys. 7 days til Disney how exciting Loved all the pics of Mary Poppins.
Thanks for catching up! How cool you went to the Keys, I hope you had a great time and great weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
I guess that's the big trade off... my students come back on AUGUST 10!! It is so miserably hot!! We have air-conditioning, of course, but recess is hilarious. All of the kids run around trying to find shade to sit in!!
Man you guys really get some extreme weather there huh? I remember reading about all of your snow and then just a little bit ago tornadoes I COULD NOT imagine going back to school in August!
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #993
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

ONE WEEK DANCING
Old 06-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #994
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
ONE WEEK DANCING

Thanks Laura!!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #995
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Good Morning everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that ONE WEEK FROM TODAY we will be waiting for a bus at SSR to take us to Hollywood Studios where we will celebrate Father's Day and eat lunch at the Sci Fi and then take a swim break back at SSR and return to DHS for dinner at Mama Melroses and hopefully use up some fastpasses that we had collected earlier in the day!

The excitement is really starting to build! Our best friends son had a birthday party yesterday and she hired a DJ and the kids had a BLAST! The coolest part was that we met 2 families that have DVC and are on the DIS...it was SO exciting talking with them...we were all waving our Disney freak flags HIGH I tell ya! Here are some pics from the party!

Eric and his best buddy!

Matthew in the hula hoop contest!

Potato sack races!

What a fun afternoon! Earlier yesterday morning Bryan had taken the boys to a civil war reenactment which meant I had a few hours alone...it was heavenly! Here are some pics from that...

Last but not least I wanted to share something with you all....I have always LOVED Disney, Bryan is a recent convert and I knew my kids loved the rides but I never realized their true depth of love for it until I saw this one school project that Matthew did. Every year the boys school has a career day where different people from different professions come in and speak to the children. Matthew's teacher had them write a report on what they wanted to be when they grow up. Here is Matthew's...

This is a picture of a chef and his report is attached to the front...

and here is the report, I hope you can read it!

Today we are going to see UP and I will start packing this afternoon!!!!!!!

Have a good one!

Diane

Last edited by dddisrunner; 06-14-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #996
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Hey Diane, 6 days baby!!!!!!!!

Enjoy UP, I cried, let me know if you did. GREAT movie!!!!
That party looked like a blast! My kids always enter the hula hoop contests at Disney so I had to laugh about Matthew having it around his neck. I also died laughing when you said you have been waving your Disney freak flags high - we have been for years we're kinda known for it
Hope you enjoyed some quiet time yesterday. Tim took the kids b-day shopping for me (my b-day is tomorrow) yesterday and I got the house to myself for a couple hours and used it to take the best nap ever.
Good luck with the packing and wrapping up school, we will be there SOON!!!!
Funny how both of us on our first day there are eating at Sci Fi, great minds . . ..
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #997
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Great update - the party sure looked fun. That report that Matthew wrote is really sweet. Especially where he talks about fixing dinner with mom and being in Disney 24/7 around the clock.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #998
Sooze
DIS Veteran

What a fun party! Looks like a great time!!

HOORAY FOR DISNEY FREAK FLAGS!!! I have a quick story about that... just this morning on Facebook, I posted that I was going to Iowa (I'm going to teach a band camp there). One of my friends from High School wrote back to me, "I didn't realize Disney had attractions in Iowa". Everyone who knows me and my Disney freak flag know that when I travel, it's usually to see Mickey!!

And the chef report... PRECIOUS!! Treating people like GOLD?! The boy has it nailed, doesn't he?!

Enjoy this exciting week!!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #999
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Very exciting!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #1000
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Love the report... so cute! Six days, can you believe it! What fantastic handwriting... so neat (I know teacher dork moment).

One week to DHS... hope to see you there. We have Mama Melrose later that week.... but will be at RD headed to TSM etc!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #1001
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you'll had a great Saturday! We hit a co-workers Luau yesterday and I was flying my Disney Geek flag high. Boss just can't understand why we keep going back.

Your son's report was perfect. My middle child (18) wants to work at Disney as Belle. Trip before last I told that to Belle at CRT, in perfect character she said "But there's only one me." Michelle really would make a great Belle, maybe someday and then I'll get discounts!

We saw Up! weekend before last and I loved it I would go again if I had time.

I love the "next week we'll be doing . . . " posts.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 06-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #1002
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Diane!!! I am all caught up -- you have been busy while I was gone! Woo hoo for six days!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #1003
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

The party looked like a blast

How fun to find people there on the dis as well

Looks like a great weekend you are having there.

I love the paper Matthew did.....that is awesome

6 more days
Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #1004
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Hey Diane, 6 days baby!!!!!!!!

Enjoy UP, I cried, let me know if you did. GREAT movie!!!!
That party looked like a blast! My kids always enter the hula hoop contests at Disney so I had to laugh about Matthew having it around his neck. I also died laughing when you said you have been waving your Disney freak flags high - we have been for years we're kinda known for it
Hope you enjoyed some quiet time yesterday. Tim took the kids b-day shopping for me (my b-day is tomorrow) yesterday and I got the house to myself for a couple hours and used it to take the best nap ever.
Good luck with the packing and wrapping up school, we will be there SOON!!!!
Funny how both of us on our first day there are eating at Sci Fi, great minds . . ..
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! It's funny , one of the DVC/DIS families that were there, were telling us about the resort hula hoop contests! YES, I LOVED flying my freak flag!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!! I LOVED UP and I did cry, but only at 1 part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great update - the party sure looked fun. That report that Matthew wrote is really sweet. Especially where he talks about fixing dinner with mom and being in Disney 24/7 around the clock.
Thanks so much! I thought it was GREAT too, but I am a bit biased!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
What a fun party! Looks like a great time!!

HOORAY FOR DISNEY FREAK FLAGS!!! I have a quick story about that... just this morning on Facebook, I posted that I was going to Iowa (I'm going to teach a band camp there). One of my friends from High School wrote back to me, "I didn't realize Disney had attractions in Iowa". Everyone who knows me and my Disney freak flag know that when I travel, it's usually to see Mickey!!

And the chef report... PRECIOUS!! Treating people like GOLD?! The boy has it nailed, doesn't he?!

Enjoy this exciting week!!!
Thanks so much Sooze! TOO FUNNY about the Iowa story, I LOL'D! Hooray for freak flags! Thanks for compliment about Matthew's report, it means alot coming from a teacher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Very exciting!!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Love the report... so cute! Six days, can you believe it! What fantastic handwriting... so neat (I know teacher dork moment).

One week to DHS... hope to see you there. We have Mama Melrose later that week.... but will be at RD headed to TSM etc!
Thanks Laura! Like I said to Sooze, it is nice having teachers say his report was good! We have the same RD plan....I'll race ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Sounds like you'll had a great Saturday! We hit a co-workers Luau yesterday and I was flying my Disney Geek flag high. Boss just can't understand why we keep going back.

Your son's report was perfect. My middle child (18) wants to work at Disney as Belle. Trip before last I told that to Belle at CRT, in perfect character she said "But there's only one me." Michelle really would make a great Belle, maybe someday and then I'll get discounts!

We saw Up! weekend before last and I loved it I would go again if I had time.

I love the "next week we'll be doing . . . " posts.
Oh, the luau sounds like fun! I really hate it when people say "why do you keep going back?" I want to say...HELLO, why do you keep going on cruises or to the beach!!! Yay for a potential new Belle at WDW and HOORAY for potential discounts too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Diane!!! I am all caught up -- you have been busy while I was gone! Woo hoo for six days!!!
Thanks for getting caught up Jackie, I CAN'T wait to hear about your trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
The party looked like a blast

How fun to find people there on the dis as well

Looks like a great weekend you are having there.

I love the paper Matthew did.....that is awesome

6 more days
Thanks Kelly, you are so sweet!!! Thanks for dancing with us!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #1005
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

such a cute report! I am soooo excited for you guys! I can't believe this trip is almost here already... where has all the time gone? Went into NYC today (finally!) and of course stopped in at WOD.. made a few fun pin trades too! Can't wait to get there!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: