Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 06:26 AM   #751
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

you definately wont be disappointed with TSM... my family and I absolutely adored this ride, it is definately our favourite, it's such a laugh!! Love what else you achieve and laughed out loud at the fact you have to ride TOT no less that 5-8 times a trip!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #752
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Our feelings on DHS has changed over our three visits as well.

I'm sure 3 mornings and 2 evenings will be more than enough time to get everything on your list done.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #753
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

The times that i've went (including august!) Sorcerer mickey is just a short line away at animation academy, nobody realizes hes there or something!!

I too have a love/hate relationship with DHS. Like all the parks, I just enjoy being there, but the rides/attractions (with the exception of ToT) are take it or leave it for me. We are trying RnR for the first time so maybe that will help change my mind, I also really want to see the beauty and the beast show!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Last edited by Nicole786; 05-01-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #754
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Ditto on the plan, looks great for DHS! And totally agree with PP about the FP/Ride TSM plan. That is what we did in Nov. One of us "trotted" ahead and got into the FP line, the other went quickly with stroller and kids, parked stroller and got into line (the CM held my DH and boys back -- stalled them -- at the entrance door so I could join them.) It took maybe 15 minutes to finally ride it that first time w/o FPs and we could go back a second time easily. A good tip!
That will definitely be our plan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
LOL - Love it!!!!! Can't believe he said that! Ha ha!

I think your plan sounds great. DH and I used to love DHS the most but now it's a the bottom of our list. I think once the kids can do ToT and Guitar Mountain (that's what Amelia calls it) it'll shoot to the top again.
I know, Eric is quite the comedian in our family!! Never know what will come out of his mouth next LOVE Guitar Mountain....SOOOOO CUTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
you definately wont be disappointed with TSM... my family and I absolutely adored this ride, it is definately our favourite, it's such a laugh!! Love what else you achieve and laughed out loud at the fact you have to ride TOT no less that 5-8 times a trip!
Thanks! All of these posts are making me super excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Our feelings on DHS has changed over our three visits as well.

I'm sure 3 mornings and 2 evenings will be more than enough time to get everything on your list done.
Thanks Carissa, that is what I think too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
The times that i've went (including august!) Sorcerer mickey is just a short line away at animation academy, nobody realizes hes there or something!!

I too have a love/hate relationship with DHS. Like all the parks, I just enjoy being there, but the rides/attractions (with the exception of ToT) are take it or leave it for me. We are trying RnR for the first time so maybe that will help change my mind, I also really want to see the beauty and the beast show!
So excited to hear that Sorcerer Mickey is easy to find!! I hope you get to see B&B too!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #755
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Well, I can't believe it is May already!!! 7 weeks from today we will be at WDW!!! Our plans and lists are slowly but surely coming together!!! Thanks for all of your suggestions!

I called yesterday to purchase our MNSSHP tickets for our Fall trip and found out that they ARE NOT having a party now on November 1st!!!!! I am SO UPSET! I was really looking forward to that and that was going to be Eric'c birthday present! I am praying that maybe they will add some parties

On a more positive note, I booked our Spring Trip this week so now we have 3 trips in the works Those annual passes will sure come in handy!!!

Our Mary Poppins tickets came in the mail yesterday!!!! So EXCITED to see that!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone, it is raining here...a GREAT day to go shopping!!

Diane
Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #756
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Are you going to do a different night for MNSSHP?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #757
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Are you going to do a different night for MNSSHP?

Sorry Jackie, I should have clarified! We are arriving on 10/31 which of course is the last party scheduled...I don't want to buy tickets for that day because we don't have our flights yet. Also, that is supposed to be the most crowded night and I am a little nervous about navigating the party for the 1st time on such a crowded night? Do you think that is silly?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #758
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Well, I can't believe it is May already!!! 7 weeks from today we will be at WDW!!! Our plans and lists are slowly but surely coming together!!! Thanks for all of your suggestions!

I called yesterday to purchase our MNSSHP tickets for our Fall trip and found out that they ARE NOT having a party now on November 1st!!!!! I am SO UPSET! I was really looking forward to that and that was going to be Eric'c birthday present! I am praying that maybe they will add some parties

On a more positive note, I booked our Spring Trip this week so now we have 3 trips in the works Those annual passes will sure come in handy!!!

Our Mary Poppins tickets came in the mail yesterday!!!! So EXCITED to see that!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone, it is raining here...a GREAT day to go shopping!!

Diane

I know! rotten weather in NJ this weekend! shopping sounds like a good idea. Good news for me, I just booked another mom's only trip for me and my friend in Sept! It was crazy not to do it, so affordable especially when I only have to pay for myself. I'm going to upgrade my pass for this summers 9 day trip to an AP. Hopefully, I'll get trip number 3 in the works soon too!

also, as far as the MNSSHP, it's really up to you... it WILL be crowded.. it always sells out however if it's your only shot of going.. then maybe go into it with the idea that you will take in what you can of the park, do the trick or treating and enjoy the parades, dance party etc.. I only went once and it was Sept 16th.. very , very empty. walk on to all rides, even got to stay put on rides and go again. If you go into it with the right mindset I think you will enjoy it but you know your family best.

Last edited by addicted2dizney; 05-02-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #759
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Sorry Jackie, I should have clarified! We are arriving on 10/31 which of course is the last party scheduled...I don't want to buy tickets for that day because we don't have our flights yet. Also, that is supposed to be the most crowded night and I am a little nervous about navigating the party for the 1st time on such a crowded night? Do you think that is silly?
Nah, that's not silly -- Halloween always sells out, so it would be crowded and who wants that after a day of travel!

I hope they add the November 1st party for you!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #760
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay on 7 weeks

Sorry to hear about no MNSSHP party available the night you want it

WOO HOO for booking a 3rd trip... That is so exciting to have so many trips to look forward to
Old 05-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #761
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

Whoo Hooo your trip is coming fast

Hey Diane, I haven't been on the dis in a month or so. I've really got to catch up. It just hit me it's May and your and Tim and Leslie's trips are coming fast. I have to read your TR.

I ditto, that you are going to love, love, love TSM. Boy those FP go quick for that ride. I laughed at my husband last trip. We were with the masses in the stadium waiting the car stunt show and he says, "let's leave and go back to TSM, with all these people here, there can't be anyone at it right now."
I bet him the line was probably 45 min. When we left we went straight by there and it was 60 minutes. We rode it first that morning and had gotten FP and already used those, this was later in the day. It is a great ride that we all enjoy.

My opinion on the MNSSHP... We've done it and the MVMCP. Did the Halloween party on a Friday night Sept. 14, one of the firsts parties that year, and did MVMCP on Dec. 2nd a Tues. night. Both times "should" have been a low crowd night. I find the parties to be very crowded. The halloween was less than the Christmas, but still crowded. I looked at it this way, we would concentrate only on the "special events" for the night and not really ride the rides. That worked out, but most of the special events are on Main Street or very close, fantasyland, tomorrowland. So almost all the people that are at the parties are in those few places, so it gets so crowded.
I'm glad we did the parties, at least once, we had fun at both. After you get your flight plans, you could still buy the tickets for that night if you, really, really want to go, and as the events get closer, if they add another night, I would bet they would let you change your tickets to the next night at guest services. The original night we were to do the MVMCP was a rainy night, so I went to guest services and asked if I could switch to the next night. They did it no problem. I'm assuming as long as they still have tickets for sale, it may not be a big deal. Guess it depends on what time your flights get in.

Also, on sorcerer Mickey, my kids, the last 2 trips have loved the drawing class, so we went to the animation builiding not long after TSM, as it was just opening. We still had a while before the drawing class started. The kids were playing the games in there and sorcerer mickey came right out, first. We were 2nd in line and for the longest time, no one was in line. There were only like 4 families in the whole area with us. We got to spend a lot of time with him and got several pics. You may have gotten these before, but the drawing books in the gift shop are only $10-$11.00. Book, drawing pad and pencils. My kids love those. Sorry to ramble, I've been away for a while Can't wait to hear more of your plans and especially the TR.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 05-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #762
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
I know! rotten weather in NJ this weekend! shopping sounds like a good idea. Good news for me, I just booked another mom's only trip for me and my friend in Sept! It was crazy not to do it, so affordable especially when I only have to pay for myself. I'm going to upgrade my pass for this summers 9 day trip to an AP. Hopefully, I'll get trip number 3 in the works soon too!

also, as far as the MNSSHP, it's really up to you... it WILL be crowded.. it always sells out however if it's your only shot of going.. then maybe go into it with the idea that you will take in what you can of the park, do the trick or treating and enjoy the parades, dance party etc.. I only went once and it was Sept 16th.. very , very empty. walk on to all rides, even got to stay put on rides and go again. If you go into it with the right mindset I think you will enjoy it but you know your family best.
The weather is crummy isn't it? So happy for you and your trip! We won't be doing the 31st, Bryan doesn't think it is a good idea! We may be switching our trip...who knows? Thanks for your advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Nah, that's not silly -- Halloween always sells out, so it would be crowded and who wants that after a day of travel!

I hope they add the November 1st party for you!
Thanks Jackie, it doesn't look like we will do the 31st, I am so disappointed about 11/1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay on 7 weeks

Sorry to hear about no MNSSHP party available the night you want it

WOO HOO for booking a 3rd trip... That is so exciting to have so many trips to look forward to
I know 7 weeks....so excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
Hey Diane, I haven't been on the dis in a month or so. I've really got to catch up. It just hit me it's May and your and Tim and Leslie's trips are coming fast. I have to read your TR.

I ditto, that you are going to love, love, love TSM. Boy those FP go quick for that ride. I laughed at my husband last trip. We were with the masses in the stadium waiting the car stunt show and he says, "let's leave and go back to TSM, with all these people here, there can't be anyone at it right now."
I bet him the line was probably 45 min. When we left we went straight by there and it was 60 minutes. We rode it first that morning and had gotten FP and already used those, this was later in the day. It is a great ride that we all enjoy.

My opinion on the MNSSHP... We've done it and the MVMCP. Did the Halloween party on a Friday night Sept. 14, one of the firsts parties that year, and did MVMCP on Dec. 2nd a Tues. night. Both times "should" have been a low crowd night. I find the parties to be very crowded. The halloween was less than the Christmas, but still crowded. I looked at it this way, we would concentrate only on the "special events" for the night and not really ride the rides. That worked out, but most of the special events are on Main Street or very close, fantasyland, tomorrowland. So almost all the people that are at the parties are in those few places, so it gets so crowded.
I'm glad we did the parties, at least once, we had fun at both. After you get your flight plans, you could still buy the tickets for that night if you, really, really want to go, and as the events get closer, if they add another night, I would bet they would let you change your tickets to the next night at guest services. The original night we were to do the MVMCP was a rainy night, so I went to guest services and asked if I could switch to the next night. They did it no problem. I'm assuming as long as they still have tickets for sale, it may not be a big deal. Guess it depends on what time your flights get in.

Also, on sorcerer Mickey, my kids, the last 2 trips have loved the drawing class, so we went to the animation builiding not long after TSM, as it was just opening. We still had a while before the drawing class started. The kids were playing the games in there and sorcerer mickey came right out, first. We were 2nd in line and for the longest time, no one was in line. There were only like 4 families in the whole area with us. We got to spend a lot of time with him and got several pics. You may have gotten these before, but the drawing books in the gift shop are only $10-$11.00. Book, drawing pad and pencils. My kids love those. Sorry to ramble, I've been away for a while Can't wait to hear more of your plans and especially the TR.

WOW, great post! Thanks for catching up and for all of your tips and experiences, I really appreciate it! LOVE the idea of the drawing books too!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #763
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

That stinks about no party on November 1st.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #764
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
That stinks about no party on November 1st.
It does stink!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #765
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Plans!

Well last year we had just about the best couple of days you can have in Disney at the Magic Kingdom!! For me the Magic Kingdom IS Disney although it isn't my favorite park! There is nothing like walking up Main St. and seeing that castle A couple pictures from our trip last year!

For those of you that weren't with us on that journey, we were chosen to open the park!!

I still get a huge smile on my face when I look at that picture!!

What wonderful memories! It will be tough to ever top that! We will try though!

We are hoping to see/do the following:

Buzz Lightyear
Indy Racetrack (definitely NOT my favorite)
Goofy's Barnstormer (kids have never been)
Philharmagic (my FAVORITE)
Hall of Presidents (excited to see the changes & a great place to cool off!)
Haunted Mansion (classic and another nice place to cool off)
BTMRR (a family favorite...hoping to ride it at night!)
Splash Mountain ( again looking forward to a nighttime ride)
It's A Small World ( boys are starting to not like it...I LOVE it)
Pooh
Pirates of the Caribbean (a must do EVERY trip)
Flying Carpets (Eric's choice, he loves them!)
Pirate Tutorial (hoping to do this after our pirate makeovers)
Pirates League (Eric is a definite...Matthew is on the fence but going to make the appt. just in case!)

We are excited for our early morning breakfast at the Crystal Palace (love those empty park pictures!)

Trying Liberty Tree Tavern for the 1st time

Wishes! (we have never seen the whole show)

Spectro! My favorite parade in all of Disney!!

On a different note, I called yesterday and made a reservation for T-Rex for dinner during our November trip!

Still so bummed about no MNSSHP!

I made my packing list today during my hall duty at school!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Monday!

Up next: Animal Kingdom!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: