Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #661
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

I just spent the last 1 1/2 hours reading your entire report! It all looks so great! DH and I will be flying an adults only trip from 6/30-7/3...celebrating our anniversary and my birthday! Can't wait to read more! Have a great time in NYC!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #662
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Awesome updates and even better pics! Your boys are just too handsome!

Love the calendar....Amelia loved hers when we did it last year.
Thanks so much!! The boys had fun helping with the calendar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Lots of great pictures Diane!

Our countdown calendar is based on the same. (Chuck is usually too chicken to steal very many. )

Have a great time in NY!
That is so funny, because Bryan said he wasn't taking any either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Have fun in NYC . Congrats on your new niece, she is beautiful! Looks like your family had a wonderful Easter. So you smuggled Mickey Heads , us too. I love yourcalendar. Did you sit and cut all those out ?? I think I'm going to just leave them on the cardboard this year , I know how lazy. for 67 more days
Thanks Nichole! We are super excited for NYC, it has been so long since we have been and the weather looks great! Yes, I did cut every Mickey head out I know but I am a neat freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Have a fantastic trip tomorrow! Congrats to Eric! Enjoy your break... I have some rooms that need gutted if you want to come and do some more!
Thanks Laura! about coming and gutting your rooms! I have to say it felt VERY good to go through and weed some stuff out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Reese is a cutie! Can't wait to hear about NYC! Go get a sandwich at Katz's Deli, it is ridiculously awesome and better than Carnegie!
Aww, thanks Nicole!! OK Katz's deli...I wrote it down! Thanks for the tip! I am scared to go to Carnegie after that murder there last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great updates Diane. Baby Reese is just adorable ... what a nice Easter surprise. The boys looked like they had a great Easter.

Love the countdown calendars
Have a great time in NYC !
You are so sweet, thanks so much..I think Reese is adorable too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
I just spent the last 1 1/2 hours reading your entire report! It all looks so great! DH and I will be flying an adults only trip from 6/30-7/3...celebrating our anniversary and my birthday! Can't wait to read more! Have a great time in NYC!!!!
Hi Shelly! Welcome to the DIS and our report!! I love it when new readers jump on board! Thanks for taking the time to catch up and post!!!
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #663
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Congrats to Eric on getting his yellow belt

Countdown stage is always so much fun

Have fun in NYC!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #664
Happydog
DIS Veteran

All caught up now! Being gone for 10 days makes DIS board catch up a week long job!

So glad that you were able to get the changes for dining that you wanted and that the airline wasn't a "bad" change!! We are still trying for a SciFi ourselves! RE the late flight, tell your DH to drink an extra pot of coffee the next morning! He'll be fine! I have been going back and forth on those very same "green" Tees from the Disney store myself, and now that I see them in person I am going to see if they still have them in the right sizes... so THANKS for posting the photo! RE your boys and the photos from Easter, MY you have very handsome guys! It is funny, but your youngest, Eric? looks as fiesty as my youngest... Same little sparkle in the eye! My DS 6 is in Karate, too! He is a "purple striped" belt -- can't be a "solid" color until he turns 7, so he will be yellow belt then! Did Eric break a board! That is so fun to watch!

Your calendar looks like it was great fun to make! I went to HD myself last week, not sure what I am doing with my ears, since the trip is a surprise, but we'll come up with something!

Have a fabulous time in NYC! Spring is a great time to go.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #665
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
All caught up now! Being gone for 10 days makes DIS board catch up a week long job!

So glad that you were able to get the changes for dining that you wanted and that the airline wasn't a "bad" change!! We are still trying for a SciFi ourselves! RE the late flight, tell your DH to drink an extra pot of coffee the next morning! He'll be fine! I have been going back and forth on those very same "green" Tees from the Disney store myself, and now that I see them in person I am going to see if they still have them in the right sizes... so THANKS for posting the photo! RE your boys and the photos from Easter, MY you have very handsome guys! It is funny, but your youngest, Eric? looks as fiesty as my youngest... Same little sparkle in the eye! My DS 6 is in Karate, too! He is a "purple striped" belt -- can't be a "solid" color until he turns 7, so he will be yellow belt then! Did Eric break a board! That is so fun to watch!

Your calendar looks like it was great fun to make! I went to HD myself last week, not sure what I am doing with my ears, since the trip is a surprise, but we'll come up with something!

Have a fabulous time in NYC! Spring is a great time to go.

Hey there!! Welcome back!!! Eric did not get to break a board in karate but did get to do that on his 5th birthday when we had his party at a local dojo! Thanks for the sweet compliments about the boys! I think there handsome too but of course I am biased! The Home Depot smuggling was fun!! Good luck with your ears, whatever you decide to do! Good luck with your green t's too!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #666
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Hey Everyone!! We are back from NYC and had an AWESOME time! The weather was perfect and we took about 500 pictures I won't share all of them but I will share some!! I woke up this morning and realized that we leave for Disney 9 WEEKS from today or 63 days!!!! Soooooooo excited! Sooooooooo much to still figure out!! Bryan wants to do a date night, so I am trying to figure out the best time to fit that in? We saw and did so much in NYC! I will leave you with this teaser picture!

It is a beautiful,sunny, warm day here in NJ and we have TONS of yard work to get done so that is what I am off to do! I promise I will do our mini NYC TR either tonight or tomorrow after church! Enjoy your Saturday!

Diane

Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #667
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for 63 days!!!

Can't wait to see and read more about your NYC trip! Love the teaser pic! You really know how to whet our appetites for more!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #668
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WOO HOO for 9 weeks

Glad you had a nice time in NYC

Can't wait to hear and see all about it
Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #669
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Yay for NYC, Yay for sunny weather (we did yard work too!) and Yay for 63 days!!!

Oh! And absolutely get that date night in!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #670
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Cant wait to hear about NYC! I love the WoD store i practically lived there any day off I had when I lived in NYC! I even had some dreams there

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #671
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Welcome back!!! I can't wait to read your mini TR from NYC!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #672
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Congrats to Eric on getting his yellow belt

Countdown stage is always so much fun

Have fun in NYC!!!!
Imissed this earlier Sorry! Thanks Kelly, he was thrilled to get a higher belt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for 63 days!!!

Can't wait to see and read more about your NYC trip! Love the teaser pic! You really know how to whet our appetites for more!
Thanks Jackie! Update coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WOO HOO for 9 weeks

Glad you had a nice time in NYC:thumbsup

Can't wait to hear and see all about it
Thanks Kelly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Yay for NYC, Yay for sunny weather (we did yard work too!) and Yay for 63 days!!!

Oh! And absolutely get that date night in!
Thanks so much!! I am working on the date night....I am struggling though because the boys ONLY want to go back to Simba's at the AKL and that is really out of the way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Cant wait to hear about NYC! I love the WoD store i practically lived there any day off I had when I lived in NYC! I even had some dreams there
Thanks Nicole! I would be there alot too...the atmosphere is AWESOME!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #673
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
Welcome back!!! I can't wait to read your mini TR from NYC!

Thanks Shelly! When is your anniversary? Ours is 6/27!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #674
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

NYC Mini TR

Well we woke up on Wednesday morning 4/15 and the weather was HORRIBLE, so we decided to cancel that first night I was so upset but the forecast for Thurday and Friday were outstanding so I accepted what was and we went from there!!

We left the house at 8:00am on Thursday and arrived at Liberty State Park by 9:40 am from here we would be taking the ferry over to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty! Bryan and I had never been before and neither had the boys. I know we live SO close.......anyway we were all really EXCITED!!

The boys waiting on the security line before boarding the ferry. That is the NYC skyline in the background!

We boarded the ferry and we were off to Ellis Island!

What an AMAZING place! 12 million immigrants passed through here from the early 1890's to the early 1920's! We took a tour that was 45 minutes long with a park ranger....it was VERY interesting and I got quite choked up!

The first room immigrants came to was the baggage room where they left their belongings.......

this is just a random picture but so cool it is faces from one view.....

and an American flag from the other side(left and right, not front and back).......................

Next the immigrants walked up a huge flight of stairs to the registry room where they were watched by doctors and they sat and waited for their names to be called.........

the room was built this way (all tile and marble) so that it was easy to clean...germs being passed through the air was a relatively new discovery!

Once the immigrants were called there names were checked with the ships registry and they went for a medical exam.

This picture is of the hospital which is across the channel from the registry building....there is a contagious disease ward off the back!

A picture of a citizenship certificate....

A certificate stating the immigrant was proficient in English........

That is the gist of Ellis Island! We then ate lunch at a picnic table outside and boarded the ferry to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty!

We arrived to her hind parts!

You are no longer allowed to go all the way to the top of the Statue. The highest point is the top of the pedestal that she stands on! We had passes to do this so we were subjected to even more security......I have to say this security was HEAVY! We actually had to stand in this machine where they shoot these simultaneous puffs of compressed air at you to check for explosives!!! Once through security we climbed the 8 kagillion stairs to the top of the pedestal, here was my view....

Once outside on the pedestal I took this...

You can see the copper corosion even down on the pedestal...

Then once we were down stairs again, I got this shot...

You can also view the Manhattan skyline and they have a picture...this was really strange...

then you look up and that space is empty!

Before we left we took a picture of the original torch....

The boys in front of a lifesize replica of Lady Liberty's face...

and her foot........the boys thought it would be cute to hold their noses!!

With that completed we went in the overpriced gift shop and bought some statues and Matthew bought a postcard for his teacher!!

continued in next post..........

Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #675
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

After taking the ferry back to Liberty State Park, we had to drive over to our hotel! I took NO pictures of our room! It was nice though! We arrived at about 3:45 and freshened up and set out to find the subway to make our way to The World of Disney Store!!

I was so excited to go inside!! What a wonderful place...3 floors of Disney bliss!!

The chandelier hanging over the registers on the 1st floor...

The princess room....

Saying over the cash registers!

Eric being silly!

A picture frame that I bought!

The view from the 3rd floor overlooking the 2nd!

The boys favorite items!!!!!!!!!

With that we paid for our purchases and headed out to Time Square and Rockefeller Center!!

Continued on the next page!

Last edited by dddisrunner; 04-18-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: