Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #616
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hope the time changes work out for you!

How cool about the trip to NY! I really hope you guys get to see one of those shows on Broadway - I'm so jealous! I've been to NYC once and I really wanted to see a show, but it didn't work out. Can't wait to hear all about it.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #617
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
So we got an e-mail today from our airline telling us that our flight times have been changed I freaked out initially because the times were written in military time and I was panicked because I saw the # 23:45 and thought holy cow that is late Well the good news is our flight to Orlando is now leaving 30 minutes earlier! We will now land around 4pm instead of 4:30 BUT............our flight home leaves Orlando 45 minutes later....so now we don't fly out until 9:30pm and we land at 11:45pm, Bryan is suppossed to work the next day I am excited to have more time in Disney but that is kind of late!

On a different note, we just booked 2 nights in New York City for Spring Break We are planning on taking the boys to the Museum of Natural History (think Night at the Museum) Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Central Park, World of Disney Store, Rockafeller Center and hoping to see Mary Poppins or Lion King on Broadway...they have Wednesday matinees! Do you think we can do it in 3 days and 2 nights? Stay tuned!!

sounds like a nice NYC getaway.. remember to pack your trader pins if you have any.. the WOD NYC store CM's have lanyards on! My son was supposed to go into the city today with my SIL and niece but my other niece got sick. They are hoping to go friday. They were doing the museum and WOD as well. have a great time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #618
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I have such fond memories of the World of Disney store from when I lived in NYC! I got 2 dreams there!! Be sure to take lots of pictures

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #619
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I'm eager to see how you pull all of that tourist stuff off!! That's a lot to do in a couple of days, but I have faith that you will get most of it done.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #620
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So fun your trip to NYC! I have done all that stuff in that amount of time. Can you take advantage of the $15 tickets to the musical that Disney is offering.... I would love to see Mary Poppins or Little Mermaid-- I loved Lion King!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #621
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Wow! NYC! Awesome!!!

BTW, can you call your airline to tell them that return time won't work for you? They'll usually help fit you in somewhere else at no charge if it is an actual flight change. OR was it just a big time adjustment?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #622
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, you will have so much fun in NYC! I am looking forward to seeing your photos from WOD, and I hope you get tickets to one of the Disney shows!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #623
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Well at least it's just a small flight change. Tom gets annoyed though when we get back so late because he always has work the next day too . NYC sounds like a fun spring break trip. I think they are running a buy one get one for $15 special for the Disney broadway shows. I'll send you the link.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #624
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Hope the new flight times work out okay.

I am excited to hear all about your NYC trip. I have always wanted to plan a similiar trip for my family.

Have fun !
Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #625
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
So we got an e-mail today from our airline telling us that our flight times have been changed I freaked out initially because the times were written in military time and I was panicked because I saw the # 23:45 and thought holy cow that is late Well the good news is our flight to Orlando is now leaving 30 minutes earlier! We will now land around 4pm instead of 4:30 BUT............our flight home leaves Orlando 45 minutes later....so now we don't fly out until 9:30pm and we land at 11:45pm, Bryan is suppossed to work the next day I am excited to have more time in Disney but that is kind of late!

On a different note, we just booked 2 nights in New York City for Spring Break We are planning on taking the boys to the Museum of Natural History (think Night at the Museum) Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Central Park, World of Disney Store, Rockafeller Center and hoping to see Mary Poppins or Lion King on Broadway...they have Wednesday matinees! Do you think we can do it in 3 days and 2 nights? Stay tuned!!
Yay for getting more time in Disney. Flight changes not too bad, but poor Bryan...hope he can make it at work next day

Trip to NYC sounds like a blast

We been talking about going to NYC in the fall. Going to go to WOrld of Disney Store and FAO Schwartz store for sure. Not sure what else we will try and squeeze in there
Old 04-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #626
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hope the time changes work out for you!

How cool about the trip to NY! I really hope you guys get to see one of those shows on Broadway - I'm so jealous! I've been to NYC once and I really wanted to see a show, but it didn't work out. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Thanks Carissa! I really hope we can get into the city early enough to buy the matinee tickets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
sounds like a nice NYC getaway.. remember to pack your trader pins if you have any.. the WOD NYC store CM's have lanyards on! My son was supposed to go into the city today with my SIL and niece but my other niece got sick. They are hoping to go friday. They were doing the museum and WOD as well. have a great time!
Thanks Dana! I didn't know that about the pins...THANKS!! I hope your DS gets to go soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I have such fond memories of the World of Disney store from when I lived in NYC! I got 2 dreams there!! Be sure to take lots of pictures
How cool that you won dreams in the store!! We are really excited to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I'm eager to see how you pull all of that tourist stuff off!! That's a lot to do in a couple of days, but I have faith that you will get most of it done.
It is a bit ambitious of us to think we can accomplish it all but we are going to try!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So fun your trip to NYC! I have done all that stuff in that amount of time. Can you take advantage of the $15 tickets to the musical that Disney is offering.... I would love to see Mary Poppins or Little Mermaid-- I loved Lion King!
Thanks Laura! Unfortunately, the $15 dollar tickets are for performances starting on 4/21...right after spring break I heard Mary Poppins was INCREDIBLE, that is what I am hoping for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Wow! NYC! Awesome!!!

BTW, can you call your airline to tell them that return time won't work for you? They'll usually help fit you in somewhere else at no charge if it is an actual flight change. OR was it just a big time adjustment?
Thanks! I think Bryan is just going to go ahead and use an extra vacation day! It was just a time adjustment, they didn't "change" the flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, you will have so much fun in NYC! I am looking forward to seeing your photos from WOD, and I hope you get tickets to one of the Disney shows!
Thanks Jackie! We live only about 1 hour outside of NYC and we rarely go! I am excited for the boys to really experience it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
Well at least it's just a small flight change. Tom gets annoyed though when we get back so late because he always has work the next day too . NYC sounds like a fun spring break trip. I think they are running a buy one get one for $15 special for the Disney broadway shows. I'll send you the link.
Thanks Nichole! NYC should be alot of fun as long as it doesn't rain! I got your e-mail, thanks! Unfortunately, those special rate tickets are only good for performances starting on 4/21 which is right AFTER spring break! BUMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Hope the new flight times work out okay.

I am excited to hear all about your NYC trip. I have always wanted to plan a similiar trip for my family.

Have fun !
Thanks so much! I will do a mini NYC TR for you guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay for getting more time in Disney. Flight changes not too bad, but poor Bryan...hope he can make it at work next day

Trip to NYC sounds like a blast

We been talking about going to NYC in the fall. Going to go to WOrld of Disney Store and FAO Schwartz store for sure. Not sure what else we will try and squeeze in there
Thanks Kelly! I bet FAO is a blast, we have never been! I hope it works out for you to go in the fall!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #627
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Fun mail!!

So my awesome DIS buddy Carissa volunteered to send the boys a postcard from Mickey and it arrived today!! They thought it was from our friends that were at Disney from 3/22-3/29! They were so excited when they found out it was from "Mickey & Friends"....here they are reading it!!

SO CUTE!! ( Thanks Carissa!)

One more day until Spring Break!!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #628
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Their smiles made my day!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #629
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Cute postcards! I know getting Disney mail always brightens my day!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #630
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

got to love Mickey Mail

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: