Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #601
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I bet they do end up extending the hours -- have you seen the extended hours for this week? There is one day where MK is open until 1am -- I can see the same thing happening while you are down there.

Cute shirts!!!

We are almost at 60 days so I can understand your excitement!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #602
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I forget about Big Lots too! Great deal on your sunscreen. I have the Fathers Day delema too. I'm just thinking a meal at the ESPN club. I'm not sure we'll go ON Fathers Day, just because it'll probably (that doesn't look like the right spelling, but I'm having one of those moments) be really busy on that day. I've seen on another thread, one of the disney cakes. I thought it was quite pricey, for me, but she seemed very happy with it.
I ordered a gift basket for my DH on our last trip and it was very nice. They have several to choose from and you can have it delivered to your room.
Good suggestions, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
score on the sunblock. I, too, love the spray kind the best...less messier for sure

Not sure about Fathers Day. I think you said you would be at MGM....

what about a meal later that night at Big River Grilling Brew....or whatever heck it is called or Espn Club?
The spray kind is the best for Disney! Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I bet they do end up extending the hours -- have you seen the extended hours for this week? There is one day where MK is open until 1am -- I can see the same thing happening while you are down there.

Cute shirts!!!

We are almost at 60 days so I can understand your excitement!
Thanks Jackie, I LOVE those shirts too, they are so CUTE!!
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #603
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

That is quite a score on the suntan lotion, I would have gotten a ton, I'm gonna have to check out our big lots for those before we leave Friday for Spring Break.
i agree about the hours. I thought it was interesting they made AK a morning EMH on the 4th, obviously trying to spread out the crowds a bit, we don't plan on doing a park that day, that's our lounge by the pool/DTD day then dinner at OHana and fireworks on the beach. Love the Green t's, those are different than ours, i like those!
Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend.
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #604
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
That is quite a score on the suntan lotion, I would have gotten a ton, I'm gonna have to check out our big lots for those before we leave Friday for Spring Break.
i agree about the hours. I thought it was interesting they made AK a morning EMH on the 4th, obviously trying to spread out the crowds a bit, we don't plan on doing a park that day, that's our lounge by the pool/DTD day then dinner at OHana and fireworks on the beach. Love the Green t's, those are different than ours, i like those!
Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend.
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! I LOVED those green t's too but they only make them in kids sizes! I am undecided about the 4th now too, I made a lunch ressie at AK and a dinner ressie at Spoodles incase we decide to just hang out at the Boardwalk/pool that day! I noticed too that we are both doing Chef Mickey's on the 3rd for dinner!!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #605
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great deal on the spray sunscreen . The shirts are adorable too. I'm clueless to what would be the least crowded park on July 4th can't wait to see what you plan.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #606
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great deal on the spray sunscreen . The shirts are adorable too. I'm clueless to what would be the least crowded park on July 4th can't wait to see what you plan.

Hi Diane, been so busy lately working and my kids are on spring break. I haven't had much time to think about disney the last few days. Love your finds for the trip. I can't wait to set aside some time to look over the park hours tonight and relax a bit!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #607
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm hoping for some hour extensions for both weeks we are there.

That was an awesome price on the sunblock! Right now when it comes to stuff like that, I pick up one-two things when I go to Walmart and then throw it in the Disney box. HMMMM. . .maybe that's why the top desn't fit anymore. . . .

Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #608
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Dining News~

I was able call this morning and add Sci Fi for lunch on 6/21 I was shocked!!! But thankful! So here is the breakdown with changes.....

6/21
lunch Sci Fi
dinner Mama melrose

6/22
lunch Rose and Crown
dinner Kona Cafe (this is a change)

6/23
breakfast Tusker House
dinner 50's Prime Time

6/24
lunch Liberty Tree Tavern
dinner Ohana (this is a change) We'll be at MK this day, too! But we are having dinner at CP. . .

6/25
lunch yak & Yeti
dinner Boma Never done dinner at Boma. . .

6/26
breakfast Akershus (yay princesses!)
lunch Chefs De France ( Thanks Lesley!!)
dinner California Grill (view wishes) I want to do this one one day

6/27 (Our Anniversary)
breakfast Crystal Palace
dinner Yachtsman Steakhouse This looks like and awesome anniversary

6/28
breakfast Ohana (was able to get a later time!)
dinner Narcoosees We have dinner at poly this day--Kona

6/29
brunch Chef Mickey's
dinner Le Cellier We have dinner at LTT here. . .Hoping the rumors are true about the characters, but mostly like not having to go to the buffet line or deciding what to eat this night.

6/30
lunch Sci Fi
dinner HDDR How Fun! This is my dd's bday. We'll be at Akershus

7/1
lunch Coral Reef
dinner Turf Club Our departure day

7/2 (switch to Boardwalk)
brunch Cape May Cafe
dinner Flying Fish

7/3 (switch to regular dining)
dinner Chef Mickey's

7/4
lunch Tusker House Greak choice for the 4th

7/5 (Bryan's Birthday)
lunch Marrakesh (his choice)

There you have it, 28 reservations in all!! Now it is just sit around and wait!!!!!!

28 reservations I don't know if I could eat that much!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #609
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Diane,
Thanks again for the Big Lots info. I went to the one close to us for the first time......they were out of the spray lotion you purchased, but was able to get a sports spray lotion ($4.50) and Hawaiin Tropics lotion ($4.00). Just in time for my upcoming Ladies only trip to Disney in less than 2 weeks!!!!

So, even here in Maryland they had the same items. Who knew?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #610
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Thanks Nichole!! I think we will keep our options open for the 4th and wait to see what TGM recommends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
Hi Diane, been so busy lately working and my kids are on spring break. I haven't had much time to think about disney the last few days. Love your finds for the trip. I can't wait to set aside some time to look over the park hours tonight and relax a bit!
Thanks Dana! Planning is my favorite part of any trip...once the trip gets here it is almost a little sad! Weird I know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm hoping for some hour extensions for both weeks we are there.

That was an awesome price on the sunblock! Right now when it comes to stuff like that, I pick up one-two things when I go to Walmart and then throw it in the Disney box. HMMMM. . .maybe that's why the top desn't fit anymore. . . .
Too funny!! I was so excited to find that sunblock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
28 reservations I don't know if I could eat that much!
We'll see how it goes, it will be our first time doing deluxe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Diane,
Thanks again for the Big Lots info. I went to the one close to us for the first time......they were out of the spray lotion you purchased, but was able to get a sports spray lotion ($4.50) and Hawaiin Tropics lotion ($4.00). Just in time for my upcoming Ladies only trip to Disney in less than 2 weeks!!!!

So, even here in Maryland they had the same items. Who knew?
Yeah!! I am so glad you found some!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #611
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Looks like Matthew had a great birthday!

Yay for getting an ADR for Sci Fi! (We enjoyed our 2nd lunch there on this trip just as much as our first. )

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #612
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Looks like Matthew had a great birthday!

Yay for getting an ADR for Sci Fi! (We enjoyed our 2nd lunch there on this trip just as much as our first. )
Thanks Carissa, he did!! Glad to hear you enjoyed Sci Fi!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #613
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

So we got an e-mail today from our airline telling us that our flight times have been changed I freaked out initially because the times were written in military time and I was panicked because I saw the # 23:45 and thought holy cow that is late Well the good news is our flight to Orlando is now leaving 30 minutes earlier! We will now land around 4pm instead of 4:30 BUT............our flight home leaves Orlando 45 minutes later....so now we don't fly out until 9:30pm and we land at 11:45pm, Bryan is suppossed to work the next day I am excited to have more time in Disney but that is kind of late!

On a different note, we just booked 2 nights in New York City for Spring Break We are planning on taking the boys to the Museum of Natural History (think Night at the Museum) Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Central Park, World of Disney Store, Rockafeller Center and hoping to see Mary Poppins or Lion King on Broadway...they have Wednesday matinees! Do you think we can do it in 3 days and 2 nights? Stay tuned!!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #614
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say hi! You have a beautiful family- that picture when you were chosen as the Family of the day- is AMAZING!!!! I hope that is blown up and framed someplace in your house!

Your plans sound great!!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #615
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Just wanted to say hi! You have a beautiful family- that picture when you were chosen as the Family of the day- is AMAZING!!!! I hope that is blown up and framed someplace in your house!

Your plans sound great!!
How sweet of you!! Thank you so much for joining us and posting!! Yes, that picture is framed and in our family room!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: