Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #46
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Thanks for PMing me. Things have just been so crazy here. I love the new pics of the boys, adorable. They are growing up so fast. The rockband party looks great too. That is what Kaylee wants to do for her Bday, sort of. Just have her all girlfriends over to play Rockband and sleep over.

Anyway onto the ADR's. I guess you will be just paying OOP when your at AKLV after your credits end. Breakfast opinions first. I have never been to Tusker House but it's on the must do list for next trip. I see you have that and Crystal Palce twice?? Have you thought of Boma for breakfast because I hear it is very good. Our favorite character breakfast's are 'Ohana for characters/atmosphere, food is pretty good too. But we loved 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. The food was excellent! The characters there are Tigger, Pooh, Mad Hatter, ALice, and Mary Poppins. I see you have it booked for dinner though . The food at dinner is pretty good as long as the boys don't mind Cinderella and Prince charming. It's a fun meal though. Thomas is at a stage where he doesn't like any Princesses, except Jasmine . So I guess maybe I would try one of those for breakfast. Also have you thought of Cape May Cafe for breakfast? We just ate there last month and it was pretty good. But Park fare gets best breakfast IMO. Just making suggestions though since you still have time to think your ADR's over.

Your lunches look great. Yak & Yeti is my list to try because of your review. Teppan Edo also is on my list. Rose & Crown gets mixed reviews but a few people I have talked to love it especially during Illuminations. Of course they lucky and got and outside table. I think and ADR for 7:30 would work best. The rest look great.

Your dinners look excellent too! A few of those are on my list for next trip. Do you like Mama Melrose or are you doing the Fantasmic pkg? My DH hates the food there, I thought it was okay though. I would still choose there or HOllywood Brown Derby for FDP though. One other I was not too sure about was Cape May Cafe for dinner. We loved the breakfast and haven't had dinner there yet. Our friends from Jackson have though and they said it was just okay. Yachtsman has always got from them every trip. 1900 park Fare is good for breakfast & dinner but I say breakfast is one of the best on property. California Grill is back on our list too since we haven't been there since 2006.

Anyway I think your ADR's look great and you will have fun trying a few new places.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #47
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

We didn't take the busses but being in the Grandstand was fantastic. It really is a great location. Overall, we had a positive experience at the resort. A link to my TR is in my signature....I have 6 out of 8 days completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
WELCOME thanks for joining us! I was so torn between Grandstand and Congress Park but June isvery busy and I like the idea of being first on and off with the busses. How were your bus experiences while staying there?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #48
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
Thanks for PMing me. Things have just been so crazy here. I love the new pics of the boys, adorable. They are growing up so fast. The rockband party looks great too. That is what Kaylee wants to do for her Bday, sort of. Just have her all girlfriends over to play Rockband and sleep over.

Anyway onto the ADR's. I guess you will be just paying OOP when your at AKLV after your credits end. Breakfast opinions first. I have never been to Tusker House but it's on the must do list for next trip. I see you have that and Crystal Palce twice?? Have you thought of Boma for breakfast because I hear it is very good. Our favorite character breakfast's are 'Ohana for characters/atmosphere, food is pretty good too. But we loved 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. The food was excellent! The characters there are Tigger, Pooh, Mad Hatter, ALice, and Mary Poppins. I see you have it booked for dinner though . The food at dinner is pretty good as long as the boys don't mind Cinderella and Prince charming. It's a fun meal though. Thomas is at a stage where he doesn't like any Princesses, except Jasmine . So I guess maybe I would try one of those for breakfast. Also have you thought of Cape May Cafe for breakfast? We just ate there last month and it was pretty good. But Park fare gets best breakfast IMO. Just making suggestions though since you still have time to think your ADR's over.

Your lunches look great. Yak & Yeti is my list to try because of your review. Teppan Edo also is on my list. Rose & Crown gets mixed reviews but a few people I have talked to love it especially during Illuminations. Of course they lucky and got and outside table. I think and ADR for 7:30 would work best. The rest look great.

Your dinners look excellent too! A few of those are on my list for next trip. Do you like Mama Melrose or are you doing the Fantasmic pkg? My DH hates the food there, I thought it was okay though. I would still choose there or HOllywood Brown Derby for FDP though. One other I was not too sure about was Cape May Cafe for dinner. We loved the breakfast and haven't had dinner there yet. Our friends from Jackson have though and they said it was just okay. Yachtsman has always got from them every trip. 1900 park Fare is good for breakfast & dinner but I say breakfast is one of the best on property. California Grill is back on our list too since we haven't been there since 2006.

Anyway I think your ADR's look great and you will have fun trying a few new places.

WOW! Thanks Nichole! OK alot to reply to:

Thanks for the suggestion about Cape May Breakfast, I think I will go ahead and add it on as morning we will do Epcot! The boys LOVE Donald so this is GREAT! Bryan chose CMC for dinner so we are sticking to it The one really great thing about the buffets is that the kids can have a break from the chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, pizza & ice cream standard kids menu stuff! 1900 Park Fare is 100% for me! I NEVER get to eat with the princess because well......I birthed pirates! Anyway, the boys and Bryan were totally on board and I showed them reviews of how funny the step sisters are! Let's hope that by June it is still the same set up! Yes, we will be paying OOP for those last 4 days at AKLV. We are hoping to go to the new T-Rex restaurant! WOO HOO something for boys! At Mama's we will be doing the fantasmic package, I have always read mixed reviews of Mama's but we have never had a bad experience. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments about the boys and your imput!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
We didn't take the busses but being in the Grandstand was fantastic. It really is a great location. Overall, we had a positive experience at the resort. A link to my TR is in my signature....I have 6 out of 8 days completed.
OK, I read some of your TR, what a GREAT job the way you set up the pages and links to the next page. VERY impressive I love all of your beautiful pictures! I am really excited about SSR! I hope we get our requests!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #49
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

UGH!!!!!

I am so mad at myself!! I have thought this ENTIRE time I could make our SSR ressie on Thursday, but I CAN'T. I am off by a day and will have to wait until Friday! Not really a BIG deal but still I can't wait to just have it made already, kwim?

OK, moving on! Thanks to kaysmommies suggestion, I think we will be adding another breakfast onto our list! Cape May Cafe! Donald is at this meal and the boys LOVE him!

Some questions that need answering! I have a little over a month to try and find out the answer to these next few questions! Want to help? Come on, we can make it a game If you find the answers before me, I'll send your kids a postcard from WDW!

1.Will Fantasmic go back to being shown everynight during our stay? If not what nights will it be shown?

2.What nights is Cirque shown and what times and how far in advance can I make ressies?

3.What night is Hoop Dee Doo Revue shown and what times? Also, if you book with a credit card do you pay in full at that time or is it just a "hold"? What happens if you are using your dining plan credits?

I know I am nuts for getting so worked up already but........THESE ARE REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

I promise a postcard for your kiddos to whomever can help me!

Thanks!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #50
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Wish I knew the answers for you!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #51
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The only answer I know part of is for HDDR -- if it is the same as the Spirit of Aloha then it is every night. If you have the dining plan, then they just take your credit card to hold it, you shouldn't be charged. Don't know about the times though.

I want to know the answer about Fantasmic as well!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #52
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

The only one I can help with is HDD. I believe it is every night and there are two (maybe 3) sittings each night. If you pay by credit card, you will be charged in full at that time.

HTH

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 11-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #53
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

According to All Ears, there are 3 shows nightly - 5:00, 7:15, and 9:30.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #54
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I can help you with one

this applies to Cirque de Soleil show:

Performances are held from Tuesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. There are no performances on Sundays and Mondays.

Reservations can be made up to six months in advance
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #55
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Okay, I found some more info, this time regarding Fantasmic

In an effort to cut costs due to rising gasoline prices and a predicted drop in the tourist industry because of a potential economic crisis, Disney is setting Fantasmic on a reduced performance schedule. Starting January 4th, 2009, Fantasmic will only be performed twice a week, meaning crowds for this already popular performance will be even bigger. If you're planning on seeing this show, you'd better stand in line early.

Disney has confirmed it is reducing the amount of performances on its entertainment schedule, with the nighttime spectacular now generally being performed on Monday and Thursday evenings

I copied and pasted that. When I Read a bit further it said, more shows would be offered during busier times of year. So I am not sure if the time you are going falls in that category

Another reason for this is that AMerican Idol is going to be opening and their shows are going to be performed at the same time. This way guests will not have to make a choice between Fantasmic or American Idol since they will be operated on different days.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #56
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Just a few more day until you make your SSR ressie. Grandstand should be great! Hoop Dee Doo is our next trip list too. Looks really fun. Cirque has been on Kaylee's to do list for a while. But she would rather stay at a deluxe then go to a show. SO I have to keep it in mind. I agree keep 1900 Park Far for dinner, you need to have a Princess meal too . Have you been to CRT before? Thomas loved eating in the castle and the food was excellent too. I haven't gotten to those days on my trippie yet.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #57
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the PM. I loved reading your last report, especially when your family opened the Magic Kingdom!!

I looked at Deluxe Dining but decided against it since we had so much we wanted to do with the holidays this trip. I remember in my research that there was something about the HDDR and seating levels. I found this for you on allears.

Disney Dining Plan: The Dining Plan can be used for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for Categories 2 and 3 seating. TWO table service credits will be deducted for these shows. Effective August 19, 2007, the Dining Plan can also be used for Category 1 seating at the 9:30 p.m. show, using two table service meal entitlements. Hope this helps!

I look forward to your next installment!

We leave in 8 days and I can hardly stand the wait!!!

Erika

Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #58
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The only answer I know part of is for HDDR -- if it is the same as the Spirit of Aloha then it is every night. If you have the dining plan, then they just take your credit card to hold it, you shouldn't be charged. Don't know about the times though.

I want to know the answer about Fantasmic as well!
Thanks Jackie! On the theme park board the moderator said he was confident that they would increase it during the busy summer! Cross your fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
The only one I can help with is HDD. I believe it is every night and there are two (maybe 3) sittings each night. If you pay by credit card, you will be charged in full at that time.

HTH
Thanks for the info Carissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
According to All Ears, there are 3 shows nightly - 5:00, 7:15, and 9:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I can help you with one

this applies to Cirque de Soleil show:

Performances are held from Tuesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. There are no performances on Sundays and Mondays.

Reservations can be made up to six months in advance
Thans Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Okay, I found some more info, this time regarding Fantasmic

In an effort to cut costs due to rising gasoline prices and a predicted drop in the tourist industry because of a potential economic crisis, Disney is setting Fantasmic on a reduced performance schedule. Starting January 4th, 2009, Fantasmic will only be performed twice a week, meaning crowds for this already popular performance will be even bigger. If you're planning on seeing this show, you'd better stand in line early.

Disney has confirmed it is reducing the amount of performances on its entertainment schedule, with the nighttime spectacular now generally being performed on Monday and Thursday evenings

I copied and pasted that. When I Read a bit further it said, more shows would be offered during busier times of year. So I am not sure if the time you are going falls in that category

Another reason for this is that AMerican Idol is going to be opening and their shows are going to be performed at the same time. This way guests will not have to make a choice between Fantasmic or American Idol since they will be operated on different days.
Oh, I forgot about the new American Idol attraction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Just a few more day until you make your SSR ressie. Grandstand should be great! Hoop Dee Doo is our next trip list too. Looks really fun. Cirque has been on Kaylee's to do list for a while. But she would rather stay at a deluxe then go to a show. SO I have to keep it in mind. I agree keep 1900 Park Far for dinner, you need to have a Princess meal too . Have you been to CRT before? Thomas loved eating in the castle and the food was excellent too. I haven't gotten to those days on my trippie yet.
Thanks Nichole! I hope we get Grandstand. I can't tolerate standing on the bus(once in awhile is not too bad) and then I have read reviews where the buses if full completely bypass the last stops if they are full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Thank you for the PM. I loved reading your last report, especially when your family opened the Magic Kingdom!!

I looked at Deluxe Dining but decided against it since we had so much we wanted to do with the holidays this trip. I remember in my research that there was something about the HDDR and seating levels. I found this for you on allears.

Disney Dining Plan: The Dining Plan can be used for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for Categories 2 and 3 seating. TWO table service credits will be deducted for these shows. Effective August 19, 2007, the Dining Plan can also be used for Category 1 seating at the 9:30 p.m. show, using two table service meal entitlements. Hope this helps!

I look forward to your next installment!

We leave in 8 days and I can hardly stand the wait!!!

Erika
Thanks Erika for joining us on another journey! Wow 8 days you must be soooooooooo excited! Thanks for the info!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #59
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

So sorry about your ressie issue, I understand and would have been super bummed too! What are you requesting for SSR? Our window opens on the 28th.
As for HDDR as others said, it is every night and when we were there last year they had 3 shows per night. You can only get category 2 and 3 with the dining plan, and yes, it's just a hold on your CC.
As for Fantasmic, we've gone every summer and they always have it every night, most nights 2 shows per night, so no worries there.
Hope that helps!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #60
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
So sorry about your ressie issue, I understand and would have been super bummed too! What are you requesting for SSR? Our window opens on the 28th.
As for HDDR as others said, it is every night and when we were there last year they had 3 shows per night. You can only get category 2 and 3 with the dining plan, and yes, it's just a hold on your CC.
As for Fantasmic, we've gone every summer and they always have it every night, most nights 2 shows per night, so no worries there.
Hope that helps!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! I was bummed! We are requesting Grandstand, near quiet pool,high floor. As a 2nd location I might request Congress Park it is the next to last bus stop but at least you can get to DTD fairly quickly which would be great for getting to resort ADR'S. Have you decided yet?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: