Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #496
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Love the new clothes and congrats on getting the view you wanted!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #497
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I just love all the boys' stuff from Gap and Old Navy!!! I need to get on the ball with figuring out summer clothes!

Congrats on the Boardwalk View!!!
Thanks Jackie! We were so excited when it came through! Means we can see Illuminations from our room probably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
How exciting that your Waitlist came through!!!! I got one of those 30% off coupons too and didn't use it, did you get great deals on the stuff? It looked AWESOME! Where was the Minnie shirt from? Where did you find the laundry detergent, would love to get some of those since we'll be there so long I know we'll have to do a few loads. Great deal on the poncho's too. CAn't wait to see your days, I'm working on ours too, should be done soon!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! We are so excited about the Boardwalk view! We got GREAT deals...all together at Old Navy we bought 5 bathing suits, 4 rash guard shirts, 7 t-shirts, 6 pairs of shorts, 4 pairs of flip flops and 1 pair of jeans for $140! I got the Tide laundry pouch at Target in the travel size section and the Minnie t-shirt at the Disney store. I think I will post my days tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Awesome on the boardwalk view

Looks like you got lot of great stuff at Old Navy...very cute stuff for boys. Have to check it out sometime. Always forget about that place

WOO HOO for double Digts
Thanks Kelly, we are SUPER excited! Definitely check out Old Navy they have such cute stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Wow! 100 days and now 99...98...97 ... and counting down! Great for you and how exciting that your room came through at BW! I bet BW in the summer is the best... makes you really feel like a summer resort! We have never been to Disney in the summer -- looking forward to seeing what it is like. I know Gap and Old Navy had a mega sale this weekend, so great buys! ADR day is coming up fast!
Thanks so much! I can't believe we are down to double digits...when we booked this trip it was 269 days away!! We are really happy about the Boardwalk view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
ooh sounds really exciting congrats on the boardwalk ressie coming through!! I was talking with mum yesterday and she is already having TGM withdrawal symptoms, we relied on him so much last summer! Mum's lost without anything to read and plan with after she's done the housework now! Love the clothes too
Thanks so much! We are really looking forward to that Boardwalk atmosphere!! That is funny about TGM withdrawls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Preferred view is GREAT!
Here are my top two suggestions for preferred:
(1) Boardwalk-side courtyard view. Technically, this is not Boardwalk View so you can book this as just preferred. Here is that view:

(2) Clown pool view. I loved this room. It was at the very end of this long hallway, but had extra windows and overlooked the back side of the clown slide.
Thanks for those pictures, the view looks great! Are those also considered Boardwalk views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Love the new clothes and congrats on getting the view you wanted!
Thanks Carissa! I am so excited for you, I can't believe how close your trip is!!
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #498
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Congrats on getting the view that you wanted ! Great purchases ... I love the bathing suits and rashguards for the boys. Don't you just love bargains. The laundry detergent and ponchos were a great find.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #499
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Hi!
No, the one that actually does look at the Boardwalk is Garden View. Tricky, eh? If you request that one you need to ask for the Boardwalk-side garden.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #500
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Congrats on getting the view that you wanted ! Great purchases ... I love the bathing suits and rashguards for the boys. Don't you just love bargains. The laundry detergent and ponchos were a great find.
Thanks so much! Yes, I LOVE getting bargains!! I have never seen liquid laundry detergent in travel size, I thought that was a GREAT find too!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #501
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Hi!
No, the one that actually does look at the Boardwalk is Garden View. Tricky, eh? If you request that one you need to ask for the Boardwalk-side garden.
Thanks for clearing that up! I can't wait to stay there!!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #502
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great purchases. I agree never leave home without Clorox wipes . I told you your wait list would come through for BWV .
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #503
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Great buys! I worked at Old Navy for 3 1/2 years and I LOVE the clothes there. They are, for the most part, affordable and have great sales.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #504
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great purchases. I agree never leave home without Clorox wipes . I told you your wait list would come through for BWV .
Thanks Nichole!! You were so right about the waitlist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Great buys! I worked at Old Navy for 3 1/2 years and I LOVE the clothes there. They are, for the most part, affordable and have great sales.
Thanks!! I just LOVE Old Navy for boys...so much better than all the other children's stores!!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #505
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

Love all your Old Navy buys, I recently went shopping there too with a coupon and got a ton of cute stuff for the kids! Congrats on the boardwalk view!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #506
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Love all your Old Navy buys, I recently went shopping there too with a coupon and got a ton of cute stuff for the kids! Congrats on the boardwalk view!

Thanks Tammy!!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #507
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Countdown is on!

Hi Everyone!! I hope you are all getting some of the BEAUTIFUL weather that is blessing us here in the Northeast right now! What a GORGEOUS DAY, mid 60's and bright sunshine! Just makes you feel so good!

So, I finished our itinerary and I will post it after we make our ADR'S, THIS SUNDAY!!! WOO-HOO! Who else but fellow Disser's could understand how exciting making restaurants reservations can be!

I have started to make a list of restaurants and ranking them from most popular/hard to get and downward! I am most nervous about our 8:00am breakfast ressies, Le Cellier, Cali Grill and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue! I also came up with a plan B scenario where I can switch park restaurants to days later in the week that we will be at that park! Are you still with me?

Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #508
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am with you -- I was the same exact way!!! Woo hoo for the ADR countdown!!! I think it is smart of you to rank them -- try for those hard-to-get ones right off the bat! Are you still doing deluxe? How many ressies do you need to make total?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #509
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Hi Everyone!! I hope you are all getting some of the BEAUTIFUL weather that is blessing us here in the Northeast right now! What a GORGEOUS DAY, mid 60's and bright sunshine! Just makes you feel so good!

So, I finished our itinerary and I will post it after we make our ADR'S, THIS SUNDAY!!! WOO-HOO! Who else but fellow Disser's could understand how exciting making restaurants reservations can be!

I have started to make a list of restaurants and ranking them from most popular/hard to get and downward! I am most nervous about our 8:00am breakfast ressies, Le Cellier, Cali Grill and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue! I also came up with a plan B scenario where I can switch park restaurants to days later in the week that we will be at that park! Are you still with me?

Happy Hump Day!!!
Know too the CM said that our 8:20 is no worries. with the first time being 8:05 she said they have lots of no shows... late arrivals and we should still be done by rope drop. Just something to keep in mind. We plan to check in early!

LeCellier was available just don't think you can get the time you want the first day probably. I would know what parks you want and fit the meals in, I think you will be on the phone making the resies for a while, but will get what you want too!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #510
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Enjoying weather here, too. Took Trent and his friends to park today. THat palce was packed

Good luck with your ADRs

Can't wait to see your itinerary and what adrs you end up getting

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: