Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #481
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

I'm laughing with you

Ok you are not insane, (or we are ALL insane) I've done the call ahead of time and written down the prompts to try to get to a CM as fast as possible to get a dining res.
I'll even share my "totally insane" story. In 2005, our first trip to Disney. Only my husband had been as a child.
I had all my prompts ready, and at that time you called exactly 100 days out I think, at 7:00 am. Our mark was on a Sat. I set the clock to be up early. We were trying for cinderella's breakfast. I was calling on both my cell and my home phone, hitting redial. Of course it goes through on my cell first. At that time our cell service wasn't great at our home and it started breaking up. So I run outside in t shirt and underwear to get better reception. Didn't know they needed credit card so I have my daughter also in tshirt and underwear hold the phone out there while I run and get the credit card and run back.
WE DID IT. Got the cinderella breakfast. We were jumping and dancing and screaming outside half naked. Luckily we live in the middle of the woods. Ha! Ha!
But it was sooo worth it, that was when it was still 1 TS for the breakfast. My DD dressed as cinderella and had tears in my eyes walking up to the castle that morning with an empty Main St. and her in her flowing Cinderella dress, hair all put up. Plus we have a crazy story to remember forever. I think there are quite a few "insane" disers. We aren't alone.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #482
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
I just can'y get over the foot of snow last week. And then less than a week later warm sunny spring weather. that is crazy. it was 80 here yesterday but is supposed to go back to 50 this weekend. Hopefully your wait list for preferred view at BW will come through. Most times waitl ists come through from what I have heard. Looks like Eric won't make RNRC this trip , that is a lot of growing. I don't think wearing new sneakers will help either .
This weather is CRAZY! I really hope our waitlist does come through!! I'm not too optimistic though because it is over the 4th of July Eric is bummed about RNRC but he said "Mom, if I can't go on can I buy something in the shop?" I guess he won't be a devastated as I thought!
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #483
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
Ok you are not insane, (or we are ALL insane) I've done the call ahead of time and written down the prompts to try to get to a CM as fast as possible to get a dining res.
I'll even share my "totally insane" story. In 2005, our first trip to Disney. Only my husband had been as a child.
I had all my prompts ready, and at that time you called exactly 100 days out I think, at 7:00 am. Our mark was on a Sat. I set the clock to be up early. We were trying for cinderella's breakfast. I was calling on both my cell and my home phone, hitting redial. Of course it goes through on my cell first. At that time our cell service wasn't great at our home and it started breaking up. So I run outside in t shirt and underwear to get better reception. Didn't know they needed credit card so I have my daughter also in tshirt and underwear hold the phone out there while I run and get the credit card and run back.
WE DID IT. Got the cinderella breakfast. We were jumping and dancing and screaming outside half naked. Luckily we live in the middle of the woods. Ha! Ha!
But it was sooo worth it, that was when it was still 1 TS for the breakfast. My DD dressed as cinderella and had tears in my eyes walking up to the castle that morning with an empty Main St. and her in her flowing Cinderella dress, hair all put up. Plus we have a crazy story to remember forever. I think there are quite a few "insane" disers. We aren't alone.

Your story is HYSTERICAL....the lengths we go to for those coveted reservations! I am sooooo glad alot of you are on the S.S. Insane with me!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #484
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Hi Diane! We've shipped several items ahead of us last September and were never charged a fee.

The picture comparison is quite hilarious! I am so much happier seeing the picture of the boys in shorts and t-shirts!

Good luck with your waitlist! Preferred view is nice but I promise it will not take away from your overall enjoyment of the BWV. We've stayed there plenty with both views and loved it no matter. And we're the weird ones who LOVE the long hallways...there are many many advantages to being at the end of a hall.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 AM   #485
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

WE ARE AT 100 DAYS!!!!!!!! I can't believe how close it is getting!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #486
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for 100 Days!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #487
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

for 100 days!!! Wow Diane your up early for school, no wonder your so tired. Even I get to sleep until 6:30.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #488
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Hi Diane! We've shipped several items ahead of us last September and were never charged a fee.

The picture comparison is quite hilarious! I am so much happier seeing the picture of the boys in shorts and t-shirts!

Good luck with your waitlist! Preferred view is nice but I promise it will not take away from your overall enjoyment of the BWV. We've stayed there plenty with both views and loved it no matter. And we're the weird ones who LOVE the long hallways...there are many many advantages to being at the end of a hall.
Thanks! I am all for the shorts and t-shirts too! Our waitlist came through but for a preferred view not Boardwalk! Do you have any suggestions as to what to request? Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for 100 Days!!!
Thanks, now we are double digits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
for 100 days!!! Wow Diane your up early for school, no wonder your so tired. Even I get to sleep until 6:30.
Ha! I am up early but I think the time is a little off! I think I really posted at about 6:15!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #489
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

OUR WAITLIST FOR A BOARDWALK VIEW CAME THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were busy, busy, busy this weekend! Tour Guide Mike finally came out with his "best days" calendar so I will be posting my itinerary and dining VERY soon! I just need to double check a few things first! So, a very good friend of mine gave me a 30% friends and family coupon for Old Navy and the Gap to use this weekend and we took FULL advantage and had fun yesterday shopping for some summer/vacation clothes!

Mostly for the boys....

Bathing suits and rashguards....

Some short and t-shirts...

I got this Minnie t-shirt!

Bryan got some new bathing suits after dropping some weight over the past few months....

We were all so excited about buying stuff for the trip that forged on and found these things we will be needing too!

NEVER leave home without them!

I was SO excited to find these....it is liquid laundry detergent instead of powder and they were 99 cents, I got 4!

We found heavier weight rain ponchos for the boys too on clearance for $2.50!!!

We capped all our shopping off with a GREAT meal at the Cheesecake Factory!

We are now in DOUBLE DIGITS BABY!!!

We make our dining ressies on Sunday!! CAN'T WAIT!!:goodvibe

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Diane

Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #490
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, I just love all the boys' stuff from Gap and Old Navy!!! I need to get on the ball with figuring out summer clothes!

Congrats on the Boardwalk View!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #491
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

How exciting that your Waitlist came through!!!! I got one of those 30% off coupons too and didn't use it, did you get great deals on the stuff? It looked AWESOME! Where was the Minnie shirt from? Where did you find the laundry detergent, would love to get some of those since we'll be there so long I know we'll have to do a few loads. Great deal on the poncho's too. CAn't wait to see your days, I'm working on ours too, should be done soon!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 03-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #492
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Awesome on the boardwalk view

Looks like you got lot of great stuff at Old Navy...very cute stuff for boys. Have to check it out sometime. Always forget about that place

WOO HOO for double Digts
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #493
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Wow! 100 days and now 99...98...97 ... and counting down! Great for you and how exciting that your room came through at BW! I bet BW in the summer is the best... makes you really feel like a summer resort! We have never been to Disney in the summer -- looking forward to seeing what it is like. I know Gap and Old Navy had a mega sale this weekend, so great buys! ADR day is coming up fast!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #494
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

ooh sounds really exciting congrats on the boardwalk ressie coming through!! I was talking with mum yesterday and she is already having TGM withdrawal symptoms, we relied on him so much last summer! Mum's lost without anything to read and plan with after she's done the housework now! Love the clothes too

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #495
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Preferred view is GREAT!
Here are my top two suggestions for preferred:
(1) Boardwalk-side courtyard view. Technically, this is not Boardwalk View so you can book this as just preferred. Here is that view:

(2) Clown pool view. I loved this room. It was at the very end of this long hallway, but had extra windows and overlooked the back side of the clown slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Thanks! I am all for the shorts and t-shirts too! Our waitlist came through but for a preferred view not Boardwalk! Do you have any suggestions as to what to request? Thanks for your help!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: