Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #466
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Happy you get to enjoy a Princess Meal!! I haven't been to Akershus but we've been to the Castle and 1900 Park Fare. My DS didn't mind it too much but he was super embarrassed when Snow White kissed his cheek!
Hi! Good to know that your DS didn't mind it too much! I am really excited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
That's great you're getting to do a princess meal. Your boys are great to let you be the princess.
I know you are getting excited.
I went back to your old TR to read about you guys opening the park again. What a magical experience and I was sooo excited to see that you guys stayed at AKL. I somehow didn't remember that from last year. We are staying at AKL in a couple weeks. I can't wait to get there. I'm going to look back through your TR for any info on AKL.
Ok I went back through it. Super pics from AKL, I really, really can't wait. Also, loved the pics from the flower festival, I'm looking forward to that too. We've never gone in the spring before.
WOW! I LOVED AKL, I hope SSR and BWV can live up to it! Flower and Garden festival is my FAVORITE time of year at WDW! I can't wait to hear what you think of it all!! Opening the park is something none of us will ever forget!!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #467
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

Sounds great

It's really great to hear your good comments about AKL and going in the spring. I'm hoping it won't be packed. The flower festival looks really neat. I love all the topiaries. I really, really enjoyed reading back over your old TR. It has me even more excited. This trip is to celebrate my first anniversary of my 39th birthday.

I can't compare AKL and SSR, since this is our first time to AKL. But we liked SSR. A very pretty resort, and so relaxing. Our view out the back of our room at Congress Park was just amazing in the morning at sunrise and at night with all the DD lights reflecting. Plus a short walk to DD from Congress Park. We really didn't use the pools or food court on our Dec trip. We just went to soak up all the Christmas stuff. We didn't have any problems with the buses. The buses were fast, we never waited more than a few minutes. The best part about the bus stops leaving the parks, they were very, very near the exit. Not like Pop. I think AKL seems to have a Grand/massive and unique feel with the huge lobby area.(based on pictures) SSR is very nice, it seems to have more of a quaint/fancy feel, for lack of better words. Each resort really has it's own personality. They also play bingo and games with the kids around the main pool area. Your boys will like that.
I've heard nothing but great things about BWV. I can't wait to read your reviews on that. I'd like to stay there one day. Thanks for sharing all your great advice/tips. I think you and Lesley are the queens of planning I love reading along.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #468
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

You have me so anxious!! I'm terrified for ADR day. I plan on coming into work last that day so I can be on the ph at 7am EST trying to get my calling done.

I'm jealous of your snow days. No, I don't want to give up my 80s weather, but to have a free day to play outside and have fun! Yes, please. We only get hurricane days and you cant really go play in those LOL

Keep us posted - cannot wait to see your dining plan. it only motivates me to get my rear in gear.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #469
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
It's really great to hear your good comments about AKL and going in the spring. I'm hoping it won't be packed. The flower festival looks really neat. I love all the topiaries. I really, really enjoyed reading back over your old TR. It has me even more excited. This trip is to celebrate my first anniversary of my 39th birthday.

I can't compare AKL and SSR, since this is our first time to AKL. But we liked SSR. A very pretty resort, and so relaxing. Our view out the back of our room at Congress Park was just amazing in the morning at sunrise and at night with all the DD lights reflecting. Plus a short walk to DD from Congress Park. We really didn't use the pools or food court on our Dec trip. We just went to soak up all the Christmas stuff. We didn't have any problems with the buses. The buses were fast, we never waited more than a few minutes. The best part about the bus stops leaving the parks, they were very, very near the exit. Not like Pop. I think AKL seems to have a Grand/massive and unique feel with the huge lobby area.(based on pictures) SSR is very nice, it seems to have more of a quaint/fancy feel, for lack of better words. Each resort really has it's own personality. They also play bingo and games with the kids around the main pool area. Your boys will like that.
I've heard nothing but great things about BWV. I can't wait to read your reviews on that. I'd like to stay there one day. Thanks for sharing all your great advice/tips. I think you and Lesley are the queens of planning I love reading along.
I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary of 39 next year!! AKL lobby is massive but also very warm and welcoming....I LOVE it there! It just is a very unique feeling! There are TONS of kids activities too! Thanks for all the great tips about SSR! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments, I have enjoyed planning our June trip right alongside Lesley this year, she is GREAT at planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
You have me so anxious!! I'm terrified for ADR day. I plan on coming into work last that day so I can be on the ph at 7am EST trying to get my calling done.

I'm jealous of your snow days. No, I don't want to give up my 80s weather, but to have a free day to play outside and have fun! Yes, please. We only get hurricane days and you cant really go play in those LOL

Keep us posted - cannot wait to see your dining plan. it only motivates me to get my rear in gear.
WELCOME! you are so sweet! Thanks for posting. I am glad you enjoyed the snow pictures....I am SO OVER the weather though, I am ready for SUMMER!! Those hurricanes sure sound scary! Please don't be frightened by my paranoia.. I am just nervous because I have A TON of ressies to make!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #470
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Lots of little things!

I have lots of little things to share with you all!! First off I just want to say what a difference a week makes!!

Monday, March 3

Sunday, March 9

I kid you not...that is what happened to 12 inches of snow in only 6 days!!! We had 70 degree temps. here over the weekend! It was so nice exercising and playing in the warm weather!!

OK onto the trip updates....

After talking with Bryan and looking at pictures here on the DIS, we decided to try and upgrade our view from standard to preferred during our Boardwalk Villa stay...unfortunately it wasn't available BUT we are on the waiting list and the CM said stranger things have happened!

We are cautiously optimistic that the crowd levels will be subdued during the June portion of our stay, touring plans kind of indicates that as well as the current resort occupancy!

We measured Eric tonight as he is DYING to go on Rock & Rollercoaster....I am SAD to report that it doesn't look like he will be tall enough Right now he is 46 inches with crocs and I doubt he will grow 2 inches in 3 months unless by some miracle he does!!

After looking at the June calendars and Mikes current best days I think we are going to switch some of our "popular" restaurant choices to later in our trip to give us a better shot at getting exactly what we want at the times we want especially since we can book 90+10!

I called Disney dining today and took notes on all the prompts so that when it comes time to make our ADR'S I will be acclimated to what I need to do, to expedite the call......and YES, I am INSANE!

We have decided to skip La Nouba this trip and try to see it in November! We are however not 100% decided!

I asked this in my last update but does anyone know anything about the package delivery fee when you ship items to your resort? Is this only at convention resorts?

Thanks for your help!

Diane

Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #471
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

I know.. the weather has been nuts here hasn't it? It's the one thing I love about March snow.. it never sticks around long!

Have you considered a bigger sneaker for that ride?? When my son Lucas was little he needed a little "help" well, I found myself the most generously soled pair of sketchers known to man and it put him over the top! Even if you consider toting them along for just the ride.. it may be worth a shot! just a suggestion.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #472
momtotanmanandraerae
Mouseketeer

I am joining in! I read your last trip report and just found this one on lesley's page. We are going in July so I will be so anxious to read all of your girl's trip reports! Our weather was the same way....11 inches on snow on Sunday and 82 degrees yesterday! Crazy! Oh, your boys are so cute!!
Past trips:June 13 - BCV and Disney Dream, Dec. 12 - BCV, Jan. 12 - AKL, Oct. 11 - BWV, June 11- VWL, March 11- BWV,July 10 - THV,Oct 09 - BCV, July 09- BCV, Nov. 08 - OKW and BCV, Dec. 2007 - BCV and SSR , Nov 06 - WL, Apr. 02 - CSR
Kari
Old 03-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #473
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I have lots of little things to share with you all!! First off I just want to say what a difference a week makes!!

I kid you not...that is what happened to 12 inches of snow in only 6 days!!! We had 70 degree temps. here over the weekend! It was so nice exercising and playing in the warm weather!!

OK onto the trip updates....

I called Disney dining today and took notes on all the prompts so that when it comes time to make our ADR'S I will be acclimated to what I need to do, to expedite the call......and YES, I am INSANE!

Thanks for your help!

Diane

Okay, yeah on the weather -- what WAS that?!?!? Snow Monday, shorts on Saturday. Good Grief!

RE calling ahead of time to figure out how to move through their marketing nightmare of a phone survey... I did the same thing, and put the Dining # in my cell phone! SO you are not insane. Of if you are, then you are in good company because I KNOW we are not the only ones!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #474
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

I am really trying to get back into the swing of things here, and this PTR is making me laugh, this used to be me....OMG I miss the Disney me, I want her back!!!! Talks of ADR's and notes on prompts in order to expedite the call. LOVES IT!!!

I am hoping Eric reaches his goal of 2 inches. 3 months is a stretch,
( honestly no pun intended there), but it could happen. Jim grew 2 inches in 2 & 1/2 months. Of course he was 12 and in need of a growth spurt.

YOU CAN DO IT ERIC!!!! Just eat your veggies

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #475
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Hey Diane, those pics were crazy, I can't believe that is a 6 day difference. Glad you guys are enjoying some sunshine, we enjoyed it here as well I totally hear you about Eric and Rockin' Roller coaster, that is where Lauren is too. Too funny, she is at 46 inches with Crocs on too I doubt she'll grow that much, we'll have to wait and see but I've prepared her for the worst.
Very cool about your upgrade.
I didn't think TGM's dates were out for us yet, are you seeing something I'm not?
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #476
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

The boys are getting so big and handsome!

I wish Emily would hit 40 inches, but there is probably no way. She will probably be tall enough for Kali River Rapids, which will be great in the summer heat.

Good idea to call dining and do a test run. I am dreading wasting all those phone minutes on Monday... maybe it is getting better- a girl can dream right?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #477
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Our weather sure has been crazy indeed.

I am loving the change in it though.....hope winter is done with

too funny about taking notes on disney dining...but hey do not blame ya, you have a lot of them to make

aww...that is a shame Eric is not quite tall enough yet...Sketchers sound like way to go
Old 03-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #478
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Those two pictures are crazy, but I could have taken very similar ones! What a gorgeous weekend we had.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #479
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
I know.. the weather has been nuts here hasn't it? It's the one thing I love about March snow.. it never sticks around long!

Have you considered a bigger sneaker for that ride?? When my son Lucas was little he needed a little "help" well, I found myself the most generously soled pair of sketchers known to man and it put him over the top! Even if you consider toting them along for just the ride.. it may be worth a shot! just a suggestion.
Thanks Dana! We did buy him Sketchers last trip! They did work great but he was much closer to the actual height. I guess we will wait and see how tall he is right before we leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotanmanandraerae View Post
I am joining in! I read your last trip report and just found this one on lesley's page. We are going in July so I will be so anxious to read all of your girl's trip reports! Our weather was the same way....11 inches on snow on Sunday and 82 degrees yesterday! Crazy! Oh, your boys are so cute!!
Hi! WELCOME BACK! I am glad you found us again! That is GREAT about your July trip! Thanks for the sweet comment about the boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay, yeah on the weather -- what WAS that?!?!? Snow Monday, shorts on Saturday. Good Grief!

RE calling ahead of time to figure out how to move through their marketing nightmare of a phone survey... I did the same thing, and put the Dining # in my cell phone! SO you are not insane. Of if you are, then you are in good company because I KNOW we are not the only ones!!!
Glad I have company in the crazy planning department! That weather was crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
I am really trying to get back into the swing of things here, and this PTR is making me laugh, this used to be me....OMG I miss the Disney me, I want her back!!!! Talks of ADR's and notes on prompts in order to expedite the call. LOVES IT!!!

I am hoping Eric reaches his goal of 2 inches. 3 months is a stretch,
( honestly no pun intended there), but it could happen. Jim grew 2 inches in 2 & 1/2 months. Of course he was 12 and in need of a growth spurt.

YOU CAN DO IT ERIC!!!! Just eat your veggies
From your mouth to gods ear Ty!! I am glad I could make you laugh! Just spending more time on the boards will bring back the old Ty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Hey Diane, those pics were crazy, I can't believe that is a 6 day difference. Glad you guys are enjoying some sunshine, we enjoyed it here as well I totally hear you about Eric and Rockin' Roller coaster, that is where Lauren is too. Too funny, she is at 46 inches with Crocs on too I doubt she'll grow that much, we'll have to wait and see but I've prepared her for the worst.
Very cool about your upgrade.
I didn't think TGM's dates were out for us yet, are you seeing something I'm not?
Lesley
Sorry to confuse you! No Mike's days for us aren't out yet but after reading some other threads and looking at his current days, I thought it would be best to schedule the popular restaurants later in the trip. I thik this will be our best shot at getting everything we want! I hope we still have some of the same ressies! Too funny about Lauren and Eric...only thing is Eric is 7 and Lauren is 5!! Puts things into perspective about how small he is huh!

Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
The boys are getting so big and handsome!

I wish Emily would hit 40 inches, but there is probably no way. She will probably be tall enough for Kali River Rapids, which will be great in the summer heat.

Good idea to call dining and do a test run. I am dreading wasting all those phone minutes on Monday... maybe it is getting better- a girl can dream right?
Thanks Laura! Oooh I hope you are right and by some miracle our days to call will be smooth and quick! I hope Emily grows too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Our weather sure has been crazy indeed.

I am loving the change in it though.....hope winter is done with

too funny about taking notes on disney dining...but hey do not blame ya, you have a lot of them to make

aww...that is a shame Eric is not quite tall enough yet...Sketchers sound like way to go
Thanks Kelly! Yes ths weather is NUTS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Those two pictures are crazy, but I could have taken very similar ones! What a gorgeous weekend we had.
You would never believe that they were taken only 6 days apart! I wish the warm weather would continue!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #480
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
I just can'y get over the foot of snow last week. And then less than a week later warm sunny spring weather. that is crazy. it was 80 here yesterday but is supposed to go back to 50 this weekend. Hopefully your wait list for preferred view at BW will come through. Most times waitl ists come through from what I have heard. Looks like Eric won't make RNRC this trip , that is a lot of growing. I don't think wearing new sneakers will help either .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: