Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #406
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oh that's so cool you'll get to try POFQ for a night!

I'm getting so antsy about June hours being posted! I feel like I'm missing out on my chance to get ADR's becuase it feels like ffffooorrrreeeevvveeerrr!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #407
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I followed you perfectly!!! Have you stayed at POFQ before? It's lovely!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #408
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

POFQ is a nice resort... and you are right, super close to SSR! I totally see that is crazy to use those points for a Saturday night!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #409
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed POFQ! It's such a nice, quiet, peaceful resort. It's beautiful and you're right, it is SO close to SSR.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 02-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #410
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Oh Cool

Never stayed on the FQ side, but love that resort in general

It is gorgeous
Old 02-26-2009, 05:13 AM   #411
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Cool for POFQ! I think that's a very smart move.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #412
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
So being that we are now flying down a day earlier, we needed to book accomadations. I was originally just going to book a night at SSR and link our ressies together but I found out it was 29 points for just 1 NIGHT!!! That is a HUGE amount of points because it is a Saturday night! WELL there is NO WAY I am giving up that many points for 1 night. To put it into perspective for you if it were a Sun- Thurs, we could stay 2 nights and still have 3 points left over to equal that 29 points! Therefore we have decided to book at Port Orleans French Quarter for one night! With all the rewards dollars we have received, we will just pay for it with that. We are hoping that we can get an annual passholder rate for the night when those dates are released! Then we will just switch over to SSR from POFQ which should be a piece of cake because they are so close together!

Anyone lost

I hope the June hours are released soon, I can't wait to revamp our dining!

I'm with ya and keeping up! Quite frankly, it's almost scary that I can!
Can't wait to see the final plan... of course I mean the first installment of the final plan because all of us disney addicts LIVE to change our ressies as time get closer!

Last edited by addicted2dizney; 02-26-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #413
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So being that we are now flying down a day earlier, we needed to book accomadations. I was originally just going to book a night at SSR and link our ressies together but I found out it was 29 points for just 1 NIGHT!!! That is a HUGE amount of points because it is a Saturday night! WELL there is NO WAY I am giving up that many points for 1 night. To put it into perspective for you if it were a Sun- Thurs, we could stay 2 nights and still have 3 points left over to equal that 29 points! Therefore we have decided to book at Port Orleans French Quarter for one night! With all the rewards dollars we have received, we will just pay for it with that. We are hoping that we can get an annual passholder rate for the night when those dates are released! Then we will just switch over to SSR from POFQ which should be a piece of cake because they are so close together!

Anyone lost

How about paying for a cash ressie for Saratoga for the one night? With the AP rates that are out now it is $154 for a studio!! That is probably what I'm going to do if a decent discount comes out. I'm hoping they will be able to link them together so we don't have to move. Supposedly if I'm not a DVC member guest services won' even talk to me. the person I'm renting from should be able to call though.

Anyway how to plan on changing resorts? Are you going to let bell services move your bags? That is a bit scary to me. if we stick with a mod or a deluxe for the night then we will just take a cab over to SSR. POFQ might be and option for me as well .
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #414
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh that's so cool you'll get to try POFQ for a night!

I'm getting so antsy about June hours being posted! I feel like I'm missing out on my chance to get ADR's becuase it feels like ffffooorrrreeeevvveeerrr!
Thanks! I can't wait for the hours to come out either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I followed you perfectly!!! Have you stayed at POFQ before? It's lovely!
Thanks Jackie! No, we have never stayed there. We were going to last year aand then upgraded to the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
POFQ is a nice resort... and you are right, super close to SSR! I totally see that is crazy to use those points for a Saturday night!
Thanks Laura! I know that point amount is ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I really enjoyed POFQ! It's such a nice, quiet, peaceful resort. It's beautiful and you're right, it is SO close to SSR.
Thank you, tha tis why I chose POFQ because of how close it is to SSR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Oh Cool

Never stayed on the FQ side, but love that resort in general

It is gorgeous
Thanks Kelly! I am glad we get to try something different too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Cool for POFQ! I think that's a very smart move.
Thanks Carissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
I'm with ya and keeping up! Quite frankly, it's almost scary that I can!
Can't wait to see the final plan... of course I mean the first installment of the final plan because all of us disney addicts LIVE to change our ressies as time get closer!
Thanks Dana! You are right...we do love to change things up don't we!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
How about paying for a cash ressie for Saratoga for the one night? With the AP rates that are out now it is $154 for a studio!! That is probably what I'm going to do if a decent discount comes out. I'm hoping they will be able to link them together so we don't have to move. Supposedly if I'm not a DVC member guest services won' even talk to me. the person I'm renting from should be able to call though.

Anyway how to plan on changing resorts? Are you going to let bell services move your bags? That is a bit scary to me. if we stick with a mod or a deluxe for the night then we will just take a cab over to SSR. POFQ might be and option for me as well .
Thank Nichole! I think we will definitely take a cab since it's not too far! If an AP rate comes out for SSR then I will try to book there just for the convenience of it!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:41 AM   #415
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Quote:

Anyone lost

Makes sense to me I am sure with the economy the way it is they should have AP rates for your dates, that would work out perfectly. I guess I lucked out that our extra night didn't fall on a weekend, definitely made it more manageable. I forget, did you book southwest? If you did check out their fair drop, we got a 156.00 credit last night because they lowered our rates, we have a year to use it!!! I agree about the June hours, so much is still hinging on that for me! Have a good day at work. TGIF!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 AM   #416
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Makes sense to me I am sure with the economy the way it is they should have AP rates for your dates, that would work out perfectly. I guess I lucked out that our extra night didn't fall on a weekend, definitely made it more manageable. I forget, did you book southwest? If you did check out their fair drop, we got a 156.00 credit last night because they lowered our rates, we have a year to use it!!! I agree about the June hours, so much is still hinging on that for me! Have a good day at work. TGIF!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! Work is going great, the people I work with have been terrific! I hope you are right and they do offer an annual pass rate for that 1st night at SSR. It would be AWESOME not to have to change rooms at all! We are actually flying on Spirit Airlines...we found a GREAT deal so we stuck with them even thought they have some fees it was still cheaper and it is VERY close to our house! I saw a thread that the June hours are posted! I am hoping to tackle that during the week next week!

Diane
Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #417
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Help!!

OK Disser's I need your help!! I just consulted the June hours and well I am a little overwhelmed! Mostly by DHS I subscribe to both TGM and Touring plans...Mike's days aren't ready yet but touringplans is...they are only recommending DHS on ONE DAY during our first 10 days at WDW I guess I have to decide the lesser of 2 evils...go on an EMH day or on a Fantasmic day I LOVE to plan but this has me soooo stressed out! Either way I think we are skipping Fantasmic on this trip and maybe we'll hit the rides during the show What do you think?

Well you all know we are doing the Deluxe dining for our SSR stay well that is now 11 nights of dxddp! If we switch to SSR from POFQ that 1st night I would try to link the ressies all together so we don't have to switch rooms but that would mean 12 nights of dxddp? Is that RIDICULOUS? We REALLY want to try the dxddp and this is our last chance because next year Matthew will be 10 and I AM NOT paying $72/day for a 10 year old to eat, KWIM? I really would appreciate any imput or ideas from all of you!! Thanks!!

Diane
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #418
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

Awesome! I am excited to see where you are taking this! I think that if you sit down and think about what you really like at Disney World it will just come to you. Sorry I can't be more help in the advice department! I would suggest, though, going on an EMH day but only if you guys do like DHS. If it is not one of your favorite's than ask yourself if you would be heartbroken to miss it. Ultimately it is up to you, though.

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~ Walt Disney

Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #419
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, you are so having my exact dilemma!!! Maybe, just maybe, they will change F! to every night and then, we won't have to worry about crowds.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #420
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

If you read my Attraction of the Day yesterday for Toy Story Mania, you'll see that we were at DHS on Fantasmic day. This was the night we walked right on TSM during the 2nd Fantasmic! So I'd recommend going to DHS on Fantasmic night instead of EMH's night!

As for the Dining Plan, we love it! We get to try things that we normally wouldn't order. To us, it's well worth it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: