Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #76
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sarbah--what is Twilight?

Sharadoc---How old is your dd? The one you took to HSM3? Just curious? I have kids who want to go, but wanted to ask someone first who's seen it---I personally love the song & dance thing, but wanted to check for my kids before we went!! Thanks!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #77
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Wow, page 5 already! My goodness. Well, tryouts went great and we now have a new team. 10 returning veterans and 5 new rookies! It was a long, tiring day and once again, I can hardly move! I will definately be taking a nice, long soak again tonight! I'm sad that my Bills lost, but at least I didn't have to watch it happen.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #78
laurainsem
DIS Veteran

Hello snowbird peeps,

It's been a little while since i've been on here, and I must say I was not even a little surprised to see part III!!

My "baby" sister leaves to go back to Seattle tomorrow after an extended visit. I am really bummed but know I will see her at Disney. It's never easy living 3,000 miles away from your nearest family member!

Tonight after she packs, we are going to sit down with some mix drinks and try to do the rest of our itinerary. Should be fun and a great way to end our visit!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #79
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

My little sis is only 4 hours away and I'm always missing her! I don't know if I could ever be 3,000 miles away from her! That must be so hard.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 10-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #80
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurainsem View Post
Hello snowbird peeps,

It's been a little while since i've been on here, and I must say I was not even a little surprised to see part III!!

My "baby" sister leaves to go back to Seattle tomorrow after an extended visit. I am really bummed but know I will see her at Disney. It's never easy living 3,000 miles away from your nearest family member!

Tonight after she packs, we are going to sit down with some mix drinks and try to do the rest of our itinerary. Should be fun and a great way to end our visit!
So glad you're back, we've missed you!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #81
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Hello all!

I never saw there was a snowbird thread until this one! WOOHOO! First year retired - my dates are January 5 - February 1. Staying off property until January 19th, and then the rest at OKW. I AM SO excited!

No PS yet - need to spend as little money as possible, so my plan is to eat "in" as much as possible, interspersed with counter service meals and not more than one sit down a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Now my MIL is going to be in Florida for one of the weeks we are there visiting her parents, and willing to drive up to stay off site and spend 2 days at Disney with us.

Thanks Remmy
Remmy, I wouldn't change any of your ps. If she's going to be in Florida for a week, she may not decide until she actually arrives and sees what the parents plans are, what days she can come to Disney. So, if it was me, I would 'hang loose' and roll with it when she shows up. At that point, you can either bag the ps, try to change it for more people, or just show up with the extra and ask nicely if it's possible they can accommodate you (Unless it's CRT, the likelihood is probably pretty good.)

Dancegrrl, since the hot bath didn't work for you, may I suggest a trick I learned from the marathoners? The girls take cool to tepid soaks when they first come off the course to get the lactic acid out of their muscles. Later in the evening they might hit the hot tub or a hot bath, but the cool one definitely comes first. Good luck!

Last edited by LindaBabe; 10-26-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: short memory
Old 10-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #82
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana_liz View Post
Well, I'm off to bed finally...I went with some girlfriends and my older sister to see New Kids on the Block tonight...so I have Step by Step running through my head...we had a great time and a great show...laughed alot because of all the old T-shirts and people dressed like the 80's again

Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post

I am so jealous of you going to an NKOTB concert! My sister and I were supposed to have gone to see them in Minneapolis on the 21st but plans changed and we ended up having to sell our tickets! I was such a fan of theirs in the late 80's and early 90's!

Yeah for PART III!

Okay....add me to the "I'm so jealous" listing! I'd love to see NKOTB. I saw them when I was in high school (gosh...I remember standing in that line waiting to get a wristband for a ticket! ) They're not coming close to me....
Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #83
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

It's cool and windy here today. We carved pumpkins and then came in and I made chicken & dumplings soup! Nothing like good soup to warm you on a chilly day. I saw the forecase with the potential for flurries on Monday and a 30% chance of rain for Halloween....as I know Shelly can attest to, trick-or-treating in the rain isn't much fun. I'd almost prefer snow than the cold rain this time of year.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #84
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Saw High School Musical 3 today! I know most of you aren't into it, so sorry for OT, but I had a great time! My DD is WAY into HSM, so I've seen the movies and hear the music a LOT.

This made me remember why I love Disney so much. I can trust them! I didn't have a single moment of explanation or feeling uncomfortable with the movie. There was nothing inappropriate or over my DDs head. It was all good! It shows how everyone should be included, how no one is wrong for what they like or do. Nothing too adult - the kids sort of "date" but nothing more than dancing! It's just awesome.

And I'll admit - I got VERY teary at the end. I think I had strong "mom" feelings towards those kids, and to see them grow up and graduate from high school - AWW, it was so sweet.

I got a little teary at the end, too. HSM is what gave those kids their career. (With the excepetion of Ashley Tisdale since she was on Suite Life.) Speaking of her, my only real complaint is that there was not enough Sharpay. It seemed to completely revolve around Troy and Gabriella.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 10-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #85
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Hello all!

I never saw there was a snowbird thread until this one! WOOHOO! First year retired - my dates are January 5 - February 1. Staying off property until January 19th, and then the rest at OKW. I AM SO excited!

No PS yet - need to spend as little money as possible, so my plan is to eat "in" as much as possible, interspersed with counter service meals and not more than one sit down a week.

Remmy, I wouldn't change any of your ps. If she's going to be in Florida for a week, she may not decide until she actually arrives and sees what the parents plans are, what days she can come to Disney. So, if it was me, I would 'hang loose' and roll with it when she shows up. At that point, you can either bag the ps, try to change it for more people, or just show up with the extra and ask nicely if it's possible they can accommodate you (Unless it's CRT, the likelihood is probably pretty good.)

Dancegrrl, since the hot bath didn't work for you, may I suggest a trick I learned from the marathoners? The girls take cool to tepid soaks when they first come off the course to get the lactic acid out of their muscles. Later in the evening they might hit the hot tub or a hot bath, but the cool one definitely comes first. Good luck!
to the Snowbirds!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #86
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I got a little teary at the end, too. HSM is what gave those kids their career. (With the excepetion of Ashley Tisdale since she was on Suite Life.) Speaking of her, my only real complaint is that there was not enough Sharpay. It seemed to completely revolve around Troy and Gabriella.
We went yesterday...Me, DD 9, best friend and her 2 DD's (10, 7)...I thought that it was a little racy. I thought that there was no reason to have the boys with their shirts off or open. I know that they are trying to reach multiple age groups but to me the kiss was a little too lippy and don't even get me started with the overt s*xual undertone! Oh goodness! I think I just turned into my mother Now I personally did like the movie. It's just that I felt it a little too much for the under 12 crowd.

Oh, and wasn't the scene in the junk yard too cute!!!

Did the tweens in the audience totally scream when troy came on screen! You should have heard the girls yelling! so cute!

okay my rant is done...no offense to anyone who feels different than me. Just my thoughts.
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 10-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #87
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Okay I just went back and read some of the other pages. I really did not intend to insult anyone with my HSM3 rant. Sorry Sharadoc if I went on too much.
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #88
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella Girl View Post
Does anyone have any other options for New Years Eve Dinner? Molly
Hey Molly, hopefully you're already booked something because if you don't have an ADR by now (at least for restaurants in the parks), you're going to be VERY lucky to find one. The only exception I can think of is the Fantasia Buffet in Epcot that was announced last week. Also, keep in mind that if you're planning on being in a park for the day - get there early, and, if you do leave for dinner at a resort then there's no guaranteee you'll be able to get back in, esp. MK. At least this is what all my research has told me. We're also going to be there for NYE, plan is to get to Epcot EARLY, and ride what we can and get FP early in the day before they run out. Then stay for the whole time, and just relax and take our time soaking up the atmosphere. Luckily we do already have ADRs in place .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
IT'S SNOWING IN ST. PAUL, MN!!!
Is it normal for it to be snowing this time of year over there ??? We're driving from WDW to Beech Mtn NC to spend Christmas with family, but if it's snowing already in some places, how much will be around by Christmas ??? I'm starting to worry that we'll drive for 9 hours and then find the road is closed - one hour away from our destination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
Just wondering--Are any of you DIS Podcast fans?
Yep! That would be me, at least when i remember to sync my Ipod. Gotta love Kevins restaurant reviews - they crack me up! Just gotta remember not to take then too seriously, but it's nice to be warned in advance . We're still doing CRT & want to check out TRex, but have realistic expectations - we're there for the experience and atmosphere more than the food, (and we may take earplugs to TRex).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
It's cool and windy here today. We carved pumpkins...
Lucky you being able to do this so long before Halloween. We're having our Halloween Party Friday but can't carve anything until at least Thursday night because they'll go all soft and wrinkly in the heat here . The 'traditional' orange pumpkin you guys use are really hard to find over here and are EXPENSIVE - $13+, and our 'normal' (i.e. bluey green coloured) pumpkins are really hard to hollow out so we tend to carve watermelons instead. You need to leave a bit of the red flesh inside when you hollow it out so the eyes/mouth etc. glow red when you put a candle inside, and we use all the flesh to make watermelon punch - plain for the kids, and v.nice mixed with melon liqueur and vodka for the adults.

I'm desperately hoping some codes and/or package discounts come out today, but I won't find out until tomorrow 'cause it's already Monday here. Hopefully they'll be from the 1 Jan, but I have a feeling they'll be form 4 Jan onwards, which means yet another checkout and in during the vacation - Let's hope it's worth it!

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #89
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
Here's MY countdown!

Tomorrow: surgeon. Hopefully she'll tell me what type of surgery I'll be having (major recovery? minor recovery?). Finally tell mom that I'm having surgery. That'll be fun!

Thursday: Give my first presentation, powerpoint and all, EVER. In front of people who won't listen anyway, which makes me less stressed.

11/3: my Pre-op appointment. It says "leave 2-4 hours for this appointment" - ha ha what?

11/6: Fly to New England to visit my family for the weekend

11/9: Fly back to Michigan.

11/14: Surgery (major recovery? minor recovery? )

11/21: Hopefully, go see Twilight with the girls. After having a lot of margeritas because we know it's going to be AWFUL

11/27: Thanksgiving! Hopefully, drive to Northern IL and spend the weekend with DH's family (this year, we got a hotel, with the excuse of my surgery!)

December 1-16: Collect grant applications from reluctant grad students, attend department holiday parties

12/25: Christmas!
12/28: Mom's birthday!
12/31: MIL's birthday!
1/4: My birthday!
1/5: Semester starts
1/9: We wave bye to the chilly state of Michigan and hello to the warmer state of Florida for a WHOLE week!!!

(Yes, we feel badly for the men in our family - it gets more creative when you add in the ILs wedding anniversary on 12/26!)

+++

I ordered a camera today from bestbuy.com! They had a 7 megapixel Kodak easyshare camera that uses SD memory for $85, with free shipping, a free tripod, and I had a $5 coupon. After tax I paid... about $85! Now I'm that much more set for DISNEY!!! (And DH asked if he could use it instead of his iPhone. YES!)
Okay - first - best of luck with the dr appts! Here's hoping for the minor-est of recoveries!!!

Second - I am SO jealous of your Twilight viewing plans! I love me some Twilight (my sister got me hooked on that vampire teen romance crack) and I love me some margaritas!
Jan 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Feb 2008 - Grand Floridian
Old 10-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #90
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Sarbah--what is Twilight?
Sorry Sarbah - I'm answering for you!

Twilight is a book, the first in a series about, ahem, a vampire teen romance. My sister was addicted to them and made me read them (I told her I refused to buy them and she had them shipped to me. After that I felt it was my sisterly duty to read them and I was hooked too... They aren't great literature, but she's a good storyteller and they are fun reads... (and hugely popular - my babysitter went to the library to ask for the first one and the librarian told her she would be #184 on the waiting list.)
Jan 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Feb 2008 - Grand Floridian
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: