Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #751
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
What does that mean? It will not be attached to names?
The way I understand it YOU will have to know what the code word is. It wont be there for the asking under your name in the system. When you call in they ask your name, how many times you've stayed on grounds, last time etc. They issue out deals to you under your name you just have to ask if there is anything there.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #752
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I sure hope it's general! I'm not in the Fancy People Club. (Visa, AP, Florida.)

Jen- You are the president of the Fancy People Club!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #753
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_O View Post
Another snowbird from far away checking in!

Cast: DH, DD12, DD10 and I

Trip: Two weeks in Florida, coming from very dark and chilly northern Europe (Finland), so you can guess that we're really looking forward to some

Stay at WDW: 4-7 Jan 2009, POR
Welcome!!! I hope you get some fabulous sunny weather in FL!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #754
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

My CM never mentioned or asked about AP or anything else so I am hoping that it will be a general release. So will it be announced here on the DIS somewhere or Mousesavers or where do you guys think?

And Yes she giggled. She also offered w/o me asking to change all our email & contact info from Chuck's to mine. And laughed again over why she was doing it. Very sweet lady.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #755
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehousemom View Post
My CM never mentioned or asked about AP or anything else so I am hoping that it will be a general release. So will it be announced here on the DIS somewhere or Mousesavers or where do you guys think?

And Yes she giggled. She also offered w/o me asking to change all our email & contact info from Chuck's to mine. And laughed again over why she was doing it. Very sweet lady.
I love it when I get a great CM. I've only had a bad one once - EVER. It stinks when you are so excited and they act like you are an idoit for feeling that way. If I helped people book vacations, I would be thrilled all the time.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #756
Pinkdiamond816
DIS Veteran

I wonder if you can get the florida discount just by owning property in Fl?

We have a house in St Pete, so if my mom puts my name on a bill to prove residency, do you think that will count?

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" ~ Walt Disney
'90 1st I remember! '92 '94 '96 1st time onsite @ WL '98 WL 2000 WL '01 1st trip w/o the parents! '02 Won a trip to Gf!!! '03 ASsports '04 Pop with BFF's! '05 off site...yuck! '06 Disneyland Paris! '07 WL trip w/ the cousins '08 YC with the unbiological family 1/09 SSR graduation & first solo trip 3/09 ASmo first disney audition trip 4/09 WL 2nd audition trip 1/10 POFQ & BW solo adventures!7/10 ASMU 8/10 PORQ w/ unbiologicals 1/11 WWOHP & Disney POFQ w/ Melinda! 6/11 PORQ w/ cousins!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #757
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I sure hope it's general! I'm not in the Fancy People Club. (Visa, AP, Florida.)

Jen- You are the president of the Fancy People Club!
Only because I have OCD LOL!!!!

The VISA thing was to help a friend get a referral and because I'm seriously desperate to meet characters. We won't be using it at all except on Disney things. We use only one credit card in our household and we use it to get airline miles LOL

AP well that is to help convince hubby I have to go again in December at Christmas time LOL!

Florida...well I can't help that one...LOL

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #758
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdiamond816 View Post

We have a house in St Pete, so if my mom puts my name on a bill to prove residency, do you think that will count?
According to the FL resident part of the WDW website... you must provide any one of the following: Florida driver's license, Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address), Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID, a college ID for a Florida college, or a Florida-based military ID.

If you have a FL address you could apply for a Florida-state Issued ID Card.

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #759
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon, Snowbirds!
Wow, I'm late checking in today!

to the new Snowbirds! We're growing by leaps and bounds!

Jen of FPC--congratulations on your discount! Hopefully that's just the start of the money saving for all of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Wow, all of you are so helpful with all this code stuff!! Thanks!
Even though I've been 5 times, I never really knew about this until recently (the last year or so) when I started seeing postcards and special offers in the mail. Most of the time I couldn't use them or we stayed at SOG so it didn't matter. But this time, I'm doing the math and deciding what is a better deal! I will be happy either way if I can get in at CBR with a deal and maybe dining or stay at SOG.
I'm SO glad I joined the snowbirds!!
Same here, Sheree! I'm trying NOT to calculate out all the "what ifs"...if they give such-and-such discount I could do this, or that...to see if it would be worth switching from SOG. Trying to wait and see what comes out and then go from there. On the down side, I'm going out of town tomorrow afternoon, and when I get back on Monday everything will probably be sold out.

Quote:
But she looked further into her stuff & said that NEW CODES will be out Thu or Fri BUT WILL NOT BE ATTACHED to NAMES you will have to have the code # to get it. Then she giggled & said boy will it be worth it.
Ooh, they're teasing us!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #760
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

I know you guys talked about this earlier, but it has been in the back of brain lately. I was thinking about getting the kids gift cards to use down there. Last year they had their $ to spend. But what we ended up doing was saving their cash to use for the drive back & charging their stuff to our room. I just tried to keep a running total in my head how much each had spent & when they hit there limit. But I was thinking that maybe this year I would get them each a card with $$$ on it from Santa & then right before we leave take their allowence $$ and put it on seperate cards. So my ?? is can it be any gift card or does it have to be bought from Disney? They would only use it to buy souvies etc no neccessaties.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #761
Pinkdiamond816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
According to the FL resident part of the WDW website... you must provide any one of the following: Florida driver's license, Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address), Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID, a college ID for a Florida college, or a Florida-based military ID.

Thanks!
I guess I won't get it this time since I don't have a photo id, but next time I'm staying at the house I am totally going to look into a FL ID card!

'90 1st I remember! '92 '94 '96 1st time onsite @ WL '98 WL 2000 WL '01 1st trip w/o the parents! '02 Won a trip to Gf!!! '03 ASsports '04 Pop with BFF's! '05 off site...yuck! '06 Disneyland Paris! '07 WL trip w/ the cousins '08 YC with the unbiological family 1/09 SSR graduation & first solo trip 3/09 ASmo first disney audition trip 4/09 WL 2nd audition trip 1/10 POFQ & BW solo adventures!7/10 ASMU 8/10 PORQ w/ unbiologicals 1/11 WWOHP & Disney POFQ w/ Melinda! 6/11 PORQ w/ cousins!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #762
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdiamond816 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

I've gone 'round and 'round about this too, as we own a house near Ft Walton Beach. A bill wouldn't work, but...I still have a valid FL driver's license (valid until my next birthday, which happens to be the day we will be leaving WDW). I should have gotten a VA license by now but just haven't gotten around to it. However, I think I would feel too dishonest since legally I'm a VA resident. Those FL resident seasonal annual passes sure are cheap, though...

ETA: Jessica, not saying I think you would be dishonest for doing it--our house is rented out long-term, we never stay there, and I haven't even been to FL in over 4 years--so it's a different situation. If I were you I'd check out the FL ID card!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #763
Pinkdiamond816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know you guys talked about this earlier, but it has been in the back of brain lately. I was thinking about getting the kids gift cards to use down there. Last year they had their $ to spend. But what we ended up doing was saving their cash to use for the drive back & charging their stuff to our room. I just tried to keep a running total in my head how much each had spent & when they hit there limit. But I was thinking that maybe this year I would get them each a card with $$$ on it from Santa & then right before we leave take their allowence $$ and put it on seperate cards. So my ?? is can it be any gift card or does it have to be bought from Disney? They would only use it to buy souvies etc no neccessaties.
I was asking this yesturday and it seems that any disney gift card (from the stores or WDW) will work!

I was also thinking about getting one of those Visa Gift Cards, this way I won't have to really carry cash and I can use it at the airports, and if I have money left I won't be stuck with Disney Dollars! I'll be able to use it at at the few places that don't take disney cards too!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #764
Maria_O
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Welcome!!! I hope you get some fabulous sunny weather in FL!!
Thank you! I think that whatever the weather is by Florida standards, it will be immensely better than what we have here at that time (start by thinking very dim daylight for max 4 hours/day...).

We're all really looking forward to the trip. DH has been wise and has let me do the planning, reservations etc. I've shown the girls some photos of the parks and hotels, they are quite interested but I don't think they really understand how it will be (it's their first trip to the USA). I'm dreading the long flight a bit, but last winter we flew to the Canary islands and they managed the 6.5 h flight very well, so I'm hoping this will go fairly well also.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #765
Pinkdiamond816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
I've gone 'round and 'round about this too, as we own a house near Ft Walton Beach. A bill wouldn't work, but...I still have a valid FL driver's license (valid until my next birthday, which happens to be the day we will be leaving WDW). I should have gotten a VA license by now but just haven't gotten around to it. However, I think I would feel too dishonest since legally I'm a VA resident. Those FL resident seasonal annual passes sure are cheap, though...
I bet they would have too many people calling Grandma and Auntie to put their name on a bill or something just so they get the deal! But those prices are so enticing! The DVC deal is great too!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: