Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?
Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection 27 35.53%
The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade 40 52.63%
A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries 19 25.00%
Mommy hook 18 23.68%
Tire Pump and gauge 27 35.53%
Double Rain Cover 49 64.47%
Instruction booklet 3 3.95%
Fix-a-flate for tires 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #136
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Good idea! I've got an idea and going to work on it this afternoon for the siggy suggestion. Thanks!

Plus if someone could, I work day shift and can't be here during the day. Since they haven't got us in the stroller swap sticky thread (I've pm'd twice) I really could use some help keeping this thread on page one. A friendly bump or chatter would be soooo appreciated.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #137
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Also, if any one is going soon that has older child (age 6 and up) would you mind us having a picture of your children using the stroller. I've had quite a few asking if an older child fits comfortably in the stroller. Especially with a sibling.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #138
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

We used stroller #1 last week for a 6 year old and a 3 year old. They both fit fine and they even managed to fall asleep in the stroller when they needed to. Here are a couple of things I discovered:

Some of the gates at the MK aren't wide enough to roll this stroller through easily. Look for the wider gates, or have the kids walk through so you can tip or fold the stroller to get it through.

The stroller doesn't have an official rain cover, but a dollar store poncho and some clothespins do the trick nicely to cover it if necessary. We left a poncho in the pocket of the #1 stroller, but you might want to bring some kind of clips (we actually used little caribiners that I keep in my diaper bag).

I have pictures of the kids in the stroller. Let me get them organized and I'll post.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #139
parkers*momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
We used stroller #1 last week for a 6 year old and a 3 year old. They both fit fine and they even managed to fall asleep in the stroller when they needed to. Here are a couple of things I discovered:

Some of the gates at the MK aren't wide enough to roll this stroller through easily. Look for the wider gates, or have the kids walk through so you can tip or fold the stroller to get it through.

The stroller doesn't have an official rain cover, but a dollar store poncho and some clothespins do the trick nicely to cover it if necessary. We left a poncho in the pocket of the #1 stroller, but you might want to bring some kind of clips (we actually used little caribiners that I keep in my diaper bag).

I have pictures of the kids in the stroller. Let me get them organized and I'll post.
Labdogs...THANKS!

when it came to the rain, that is what I did....used a poncho. My DD loved it because I fashioned it so her face was sticking out the hole and she could still see everything yet stayed nice and dry.

I'm so glad the stroller worked well for you and can't wait to read a trip report
Old 11-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #140
parkers*momma

BTW Labdogs...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your scrapebook. I've never tried it...have wanted to start many times but haven't a clue where to begin (not being real talented doesn't help) but yours is AWESOME.

Sigh...I could only wish
Old 11-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #141
matlock42373
Mouseketeer

Regarding swap #1

We decided with the new discount code to upgrade we are now staying @ AKL. Heres hoping the stroller stays in decent enough shape to make it to May.

Royal Carriage 1 & 2 Stroller Swap! Whether you have 2 kids or 1 kid and a lot of stuff!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884960
Old 11-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #142
princesslily
Disney finatic

Sorry if this question is silly, but I just need to know! If there is no one right after me in the swap does that mean I return it to the home base. never mind found it I was wondering though if it would be smarter to take stroller 4, I guess it would depend on when monymony3471 was leaving, morning or evening.

Last edited by princesslily; 11-09-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #143
parkers*momma

Princesslily...that totally is up to you. If you would like me to move you, I most certainly will. I think monymony is leaving sometime on the 19th, so you could meet with her for a face to face swap. Fraser is arriving on the the 26th so again it is possible to do a face to face. Just let me know if that would work better for you
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #144
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers*momma View Post
Labdogs...THANKS!

when it came to the rain, that is what I did....used a poncho. My DD loved it because I fashioned it so her face was sticking out the hole and she could still see everything yet stayed nice and dry.

I'm so glad the stroller worked well for you and can't wait to read a trip report
We'll see if I get around to doing a trip report -- I'd love to, but I always seem to forget! I'll let you know if I do one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers*momma View Post
BTW Labdogs...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your scrapebook. I've never tried it...have wanted to start many times but haven't a clue where to begin (not being real talented doesn't help) but yours is AWESOME.

Sigh...I could only wish
I WILL be doing a scrapbook of this trip, too. I'll post links to that when it is finished for sure! Glad you liked the book. You can make a really nice book with the basic templates on Shutterfly. That's how I did my first Disney digital book. It is super easy and the results are beautiful. You don't need any special software to do one of those!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #145
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Need stroller #4 from December 7-9, 2008
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #146
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Me!

Instead of a simple bump, I thought I'd make a shameless plea for all of you to come & read my planning pre-trippie which is in my siggie. It has Yellowstone pics, a TR of our 3 day girl's (Deluxe Dining!) trip & all the planning of my upcoming trip. In the next few days I'll be adding photos of our 2nd Mickey tye-dying which I just took tonight & of my sister's stroller with big kids in it (it's very similar to these strollers, it's an In-Step double) and my final 2 weeks of lists & prep, etc.

I would love friends! I'm feeling lonely. I may have started it too early, I just was so excited when we first came up with our plans that I started it in February for a November trip!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #147
parkers*momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
Need stroller #4 from December 7-9, 2008
WELCOME!

I have you in Swap #4

Thanks for all the info
Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #148
james'mommy
I've always been a green stripe kinda girl
I love you Sweatpea

Stroller #3 is offically lost. We arrived today and went to ASMo to pick it up. EnchantedMama did not use it during her stay so it was supposed to still be in left luggage under her name. Well since it stayed longer than 10 days it was disposed of.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #149
parkers*momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Instead of a simple bump, I thought I'd make a shameless plea for all of you to come & read my planning pre-trippie which is in my siggie. It has Yellowstone pics, a TR of our 3 day girl's (Deluxe Dining!) trip & all the planning of my upcoming trip. In the next few days I'll be adding photos of our 2nd Mickey tye-dying which I just took tonight & of my sister's stroller with big kids in it (it's very similar to these strollers, it's an In-Step double) and my final 2 weeks of lists & prep, etc.

I would love friends! I'm feeling lonely. I may have started it too early, I just was so excited when we first came up with our plans that I started it in February for a November trip!
Ok...I will say this...You should make and sale those beautiful cakes. That almone would finance your Disney trips.

Ohio, huh? ME TOO! Don't you love this early cold weather? I so wanna be you and leave for sunny Florida!

Love the report--tho I don't totally agree with your thinking about Ohio being a great place to live. I'm cold right now and Florida sounds better!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #150
parkers*momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james'mommy View Post
Stroller #3 is offically lost. We arrived today and went to ASMo to pick it up. EnchantedMama did not use it during her stay so it was supposed to still be in left luggage under her name. Well since it stayed longer than 10 days it was disposed of.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did they actually say it was disposed of?? Did she leave it for you there or who left it there? I'm going to call but I want to make sure I'm calling the right resort since the person BEFORE enchantedmama isn't on my list.

Last edited by parkers*momma; 11-09-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: