Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
TheBunnyBear
Earning My Big Floppy Ears

Question Crush Coaster and FP

When the Crush Coaster first opened, I heard rumours that there would eventually be a Fast Pass system put in place for this ride. I haven't been back since last November...Is there one available now? I refuse to wait in a queue for up to 2 hours (?) when there is so much else which could be done....

In your experience, when is the best time to be attempting to go on the CC? I was thinking of catching it as soon as the doors open in the morning, closely following it with the TOT (has that got a FP too?)... or in this a terrible idea that will just lead to hours of waiting around?

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew."

Nothing's impossible. - The Doorknob (Alice In Wonderland) :

Last edited by TheBunnyBear; 10-21-2008 at 02:01 AM.
TheBunnyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

There is still no permanent FP on Crush.

We found the lines for Crush to be smallest late in the day - after 5pm. Still a 30-minute or so wait though.

ToT was a walk-on a lot of the time, although there is FP for that.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #3
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Agree that later in the day is better. 10 am when it opens is mobbed - people even run to get to it!!

We didn't get to do it on our trip as the queue was 30 mins + at the end of a wet, long day and it wasn't fair on the children who were tired and fed up by then! It's one I'd like to do though.

We did walk on ToT at about 6.30 pm however we'd been checking during the day and again the queue had been around 30 mins or so. We did have a FP but I seem to recall they weren't using them as the queue was fairly low?
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #4
Jukeboxs
Earning My Ears

I would also agree that later in the day is better for Crush. We were at DLRP at end Sept, and the queues for Crush were quiet during the week - approx 30 mins (they had closed off part of the queueing barriers, so this made the waiting time less than it initially looked when we joined the queue). Crush also broke down on two seperate occassions (after we had been queueing for 30+ mins), so be prepared for possible disappointment.

I would recommend FP on ToT if you have spare FPs to use (we have alot of FP tickets and so can easily use a few for each of our favourite rides at the same time). Without the FP, the waiting time is usually 30-60 mins, whereas with FP it is 5 mins. We went on 5 times within an hour using our FP, which was a fantastic experience!

Make sure you keep some FP free for BTM - and try to collect these early in the day (as they sell out fast at busy times). Again, the 5 rides in an hour on BTM is awesome too - especially at dusk!

Have a wonderful time!
Jukeboxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 AM   #5
Melodyuk
Mouseketeer

crush broke down for me last time after queuing for an hour and getting on the ride for about 20 seconds LOL!!!... had to walk back out, but was given a ticket to come back with a fastpass the next day.

I went the next morning when the park opened and went straight on, but the queues had already formed even by 10 o clock.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m9zcc8f9rlcud.png[/img]
Melodyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Personally I found the best time was after the ride had broken down. When you see the coasters going round the track after a break down, join the queue it then takes between 10-15 minutes (as long as the ride doesn't break down again)
Old 10-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Melodyuk
Mouseketeer

wow, sounds like it breaks down alot lol... is there a reason why they cannot overcome that?

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m9zcc8f9rlcud.png[/img]
Melodyuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: